Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:40:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think an ICO, or coin, is all about the marketing?  (Read 2419 times)
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 10:21:43 PM

Yes. There's really no other reason for most icos to exist other than rustling up money.

Most of them are even more stupid than the dotcom boom projects like that fashion website that took ten minutes per page to load.

The wsy they really go places is to get their victims to market for them. That happens here a million times a day.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DariaPT

Activity: 85
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 07:28:27 AM

Most of them are even more stupid than the dotcom boom projects...
Well yes, I think a lot of projects are like that...but fortunately not all!!!
SpearTackle

Activity: 153

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 01:39:09 AM

Market cap, campaign, signature wearing, advertisements and etc. is all part of marketing and that is ICO. It’s just like you are endorsing to make that popular and to be sold in the market to reach the minimum and maximum amount of the campaign.
VPoro

Activity: 201

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 02:13:12 AM

Market cap, campaign, signature wearing, advertisements and etc. is all part of marketing and that is ICO. It’s just like you are endorsing to make that popular and to be sold in the market to reach the minimum and maximum amount of the campaign.
marketing is really important. If people dont known about your coin, your token. your project will failed even your product is the best

iBid     ▐     Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain    (    About us    Telegram   )
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬             AN  AUCTION    ❱   All auctions start at     $0

[  ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store  ]   ██ SIGN UP ██        with no minimum reserve
DariaPT

Activity: 85

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 07:26:32 AM

marketing is really important. If people dont known about your coin, your token. your project will failed even your product is the best
Absolutely agree- at least at communication level - marketing is a king here!
VTS

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Licensing & Monetizing Digital Content!

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 07:52:09 AM

Unfortunately marketing make in my opinion at least 50% of the success if not more. As you can see by many shitcoins that do not provide real value they still successful in terms of financials because of their marketing. The y usually invest 50 -80% of their budget in marketing.

MBworld

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 08:17:14 AM

The Ambrosus network is a blockchain-based ecosystem for supply chains, ensuring the origin, quality, compliance and proper handling of items tracked by the network.

Ambrosus’ primary focus is on improving supply chains for life-essential products, specifically food and medicine, although the protocol can be applied to other supply chains.

There are different components to the Ambrosus ecosystem:

Sensor Systems - Hardware sensors that feature plug-and-play compatibility with Ambrosus’ blockchain network. The hardware products include a range of non-invasive and rapid analytical devices for on-site measurement of biological samples.
Blockchain protocol - Ambrosus is building its protocol on Ethereum that will self-execute based on quality and safety data generated by sensors.
Secure data storage - All process readings are immutably recorded in a decentralized manner, which protects from hacking, data manipulation and fraud.
Developer tools - There are developer tools and modules to allow community members to build distributed apps, extensions and protocol upgrades, creating valuable solutions for society, including consumers, farmers, pharmacies, distributors and business owners.
aoluain
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1256

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 08:29:21 AM

YES!

Marketing is one of the most important tools in business
without it a product or service will remain virtually invisible
to potential customers and investors.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
qiman

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2017, 08:35:09 AM

I believe both must go hand in hand and also build a strong community. Branding is very important nowadays, especially if we want to invite others into the Crypto area who are used to more traditional means of investing. Now many companies are finding the Blockchain as a way to raise capital so this may draw more mainstream investors in. Marketing, a decent Token and business, plus a community driving it, can lead to a very successful ICO for shorter and longer term. We can all play a part, whether small or big, in order to help an ICO become really successful, it takes a collective effort to do this.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
mx667

Activity: 294
Merit: 114

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 08:56:09 AM

Marketing is one of the things that makes an ICO successful but as we can observe in all business, marketing is important in order for the people to be aware of it. The most famous brands even those that are already household names have something new to offer to make people be excited about their products even if they have just added a little twist to their existing products. Some investors also who are just sick of the scam ICOs look at the team behind it because credibility of a person also attract investors and make them trust a project.

Marketing is like soul for ICOs or other online business. Even if the you just want to sell one single product you have, marketing is always be the number one. People, the team, the devs are important, but people who is new to the ICO usually don't see the devs or the team. They just want to see the feature that the ICO provide. ICO must have some speciality and differance to the existing ICOs.
celsius.network
Copper Member

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

Celsius (CEL)

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2017, 09:17:28 AM

I mean most these ICOs are not even original ...
Adult dating, real estate, gambling, etc etc ...
Really there is nothing new to the table, so what is it about ?
How much you spend on marketing ?

Generally. It's all about the vision, team and execution.

But I think....  Marketing plays a huge role in ICO. from PR, Brand, Communications, Community, Social Media, Bounty Programs, Paid Advertisements, etc. most ICO's spend around $50k to a $300k to achieve the crowd sale goal in the shortest amount of time.

n691309
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 05:49:33 PM

I mean most these ICOs are not even original ...
Adult dating, real estate, gambling, etc etc ...
Really there is nothing new to the table, so what is it about ?
How much you spend on marketing ?
It is apparently all about the marketing hoping you will find people that will believe in your project and will love to participate in it since it can be a huge benefit for them. However, so many ICOs today have totally lost touch with the real world and hence you even see an ICO promoting the future of Banana (no offense). Grin I think some of these coins are just there for ICO sake and nothing else.
reliable

Activity: 868
Merit: 151

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 05:55:56 PM

YES!

Marketing is one of the most important tools in business
without it a product or service will remain virtually invisible
to potential customers and investors.

Marketing helps the product to get the brand recognition and aware the consumer about the product or service which is available to its future customers. Due to which such marketing is necessary and ICO is an type of marketing in which they attract the customers to invest in their coin.

Goodween

Activity: 140
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 09:44:28 PM

Not all, but marketing is big part ICO's , and not only part of  ICO's. Marketing is part of everything that you bought, buy or will buy in the future.
For example looks at 'xbox one' and 'ps4' sales, this is almost similar consoles. But marketing from Sony destroyed 'xboxone' on presales and sales till now. Just a right marketing, with ICO's the same
Flagship11

Activity: 853
Merit: 144

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 09:58:02 PM
Last edit: September 30, 2017, 12:02:03 AM by Flagship11

Anyone can hire a spokesperson that doesnt understand what theyre talking about.
Beicin

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 10:08:48 PM

In an impatient market like crypto, marketing does seem to be more important than product, whitepaper, roadmap, development team in the eyes of many "investors"... But once the market is more mature it'll matter less and less, and finished products will be able to speak for themselves when that day comes!

~V~

Activity: 21

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 03:22:01 PM

Most of the altcoins in the top 20 marketcap are very scammy, so I think it's all about marketing... in the short term. In the long term, only the cryptocurrencies with real innovation will survive.
max6575

Activity: 1176

Vave.com

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2017, 07:54:11 PM

as finishing customs of manage with the goods production on offers with the deliverance to public audience, the ico schemes help decision as developer to gains of access to investors forum and collects of chance with the funding of projects and follows with the future enterprise and the exchange on market as the price on movesment with the volatility of supply and demands.

Swinging Phallus

Activity: 266
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 08:32:36 PM

I don't agree that marketing consists of the complete success of an ICO. Yes it can be crucial for most coins but I've seen many ICOs with barely any marketing making it big. What I think is that actual selling point of any project is its functionality in everyday use. It's getting harder and harder for ICOs to come up with original ideas for these kinds of projects. Now all we see are the same ideas regurgitated by rivaling startups just +1 then the next. Original ideas and strong ethics in development is truly what stands out further than marketing in the long run.
btcpt

Activity: 14

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 08:41:52 PM

icos need to market their coin and not just to potential investors like us but also to the people they want to use their coin or service.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: