Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:56:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think an ICO, or coin, is all about the marketing?  (Read 2419 times)
Pattart

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 02:37:38 AM

I don't agree that marketing consists of the complete success of an ICO. Yes it can be crucial for most coins but I've seen many ICOs with barely any marketing making it big. What I think is that actual selling point of any project is its functionality in everyday use. It's getting harder and harder for ICOs to come up with original ideas for these kinds of projects. Now all we see are the same ideas regurgitated by rivaling startups just +1 then the next. Original ideas and strong ethics in development is truly what stands out further than marketing in the long run.
but I think even though they have very good ideas and useful development but if they do not do good marketing then their project will not be publicly known dude. I know that a good idea is the main thing in the ICO. but we can not skip marketing for project building plans? because marketing is one of the most important things as well.. #IMO

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fredforthewin

Activity: 79
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 03:25:11 AM

what is a coin without marketing?
V1saya

Activity: 1050
Merit: 508

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 04:26:15 AM

I mean most these ICOs are not even original ...
Adult dating, real estate, gambling, etc etc ...
Really there is nothing new to the table, so what is it about ?
How much you spend on marketing ?

Many ICOs are now quite similar to ICOs that have already passed through. Some are even copies in general. But to a certain extent, this will offer a competitive market because there will now be more than one project putting forward certain offers in the market.

There are also highly original and revolutionary ICOs though.
mroth7684

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 04:50:23 AM

everything need marketing. that is why google get so much money. everything need to known your coin then it can get value

bacterium

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 04:55:39 AM

Marketing is only a tool to make ICO successful . I think that the most thing is the team and what they got or have done before deciding go ICO. For example collected huge client base, created first phase of project, partnered with big known company out of Crypto to collaborate and so. We need see real homework not talks only!
bebejhen

Activity: 182

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 08:15:30 AM

everything need marketing. that is why google get so much money. everything need to known your coin then it can get value

I agree with you. Everything needs market. Everything is all about marketing even in the smallest thing. Even in our oldest generation they already did the marketing. They trade things to another even if there is no money yet. All things around us just circulates. And that's the world we used to be.
dhka

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 09:10:59 AM

Most of it yes, all about it of course not. Marketing has a big part in how successful a project or a brand will be. Just take an example of smartphone market in developing countries. It is now flooded with China Phone which has no real spec but huge and massive marketing, they even surpass those of reputable brand likes S*ams*ng and *ppl*. Quality of the product will decide whether their ealry investor will continue to support or leave them.

richierich

Activity: 197

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 09:25:54 AM

Marketing is a method used to do a business.  The products we use now were newly invented and reached us because of marketing. Just look at the innovations from each ICO. Too many good projects.  These projects should reach only via marketing.
Kr-sama

Activity: 266

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 09:41:09 AM

That's pretty much my thought. I see new alt-coins popping out every day... as you said, for gambling, for music,etc.. they've became like facebook credits, you buy them and use them on one specific website just for that company that created it so they can roll those coins on their own website while the price is rising... similar strategy to steam, where you can deposit money and sell games but you can't withdraw.
At the end of the day, it's all about the profit. They are following this kind of trend in order to generate even more profit.
Xenoph0bia

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 10:02:42 AM

I think marketing of your project is the most important thing to do if you want to raise huge amount of money for your project. Marketing helps to make your coin popular among potential investors and I believe that a gouge portion of your initial amount should be spent on advertising your project.
Btc_1856

Activity: 1540
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 10:09:33 AM

In every business we always need good marketing otherwise we have to face major problems. Suppose if we are delivering a good product to the community without marketing we cannot show to the community. Through marketing the product only we can able to show the value of the product and is same with the ICO's also.

Alex Mercer

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 01:57:07 PM

Cardano, Salt, Kin, Regalcoin... What is all this? These coins were not even there in the last week.
SirLancelot

Activity: 2478
Merit: 582

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 05:34:59 PM

It surely takes the big part of your budget to promote your project. Huge work and effort usually go into developing your idea and without marketing all the progress will go to waste. However, there do exist exception of the rules, where people just love the poorly promoted idea and backed the project within an hour.
It surely do take a whole lot of budget to market your product. However, with good marketing skills, and having a successful crowdfunding, that is nothing.

However, there are so many projects out there and I really wonder what people usually look out for in ICOs that would actually make them believe in those projects. I cannot say though, since the future is unpredictable but it kinda sucks sometimes.
danbitcoin1

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 03:11:06 AM

90% marketing, same for many existing coins. Just look at regalcoin and bitconnect.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Quietman

Activity: 292
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 04:24:32 AM

I think marketing strategy has a bigger role for the promition and succes of a project. That is why most project are allocating a big amount for marketing of the project. The more the coin is being promoted to the market the more investors it will attract. But still it doesn't always mean that you have a good marketing style you will also have a good coin.
bramborakymilenec

Activity: 235

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 10:04:20 AM

I think marketing and who they are connected to does play a huge role in ICO's, because the crypto world is still quite small and growing.

Although i still think that having a great idea and a strong team and whitepaper shines through, even if their marketing is quite poor. Sadly because of the boom, marketing is an important part and some ICO's who are original can't beat some of the ones who have big investors that can shell out lots of cash for marketing.

This is why bitcointalk is important.
imperatron

Activity: 459

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 10:21:30 AM

Marketing means a lot yeah, but I dont think that its the only thing that is needed for a really good project. If you want to stay strong in the next couple of years you need  a skilled team! If you just can do marketing, there will be just a pump and dump in my opinion!
Lumada

Activity: 520

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 10:30:24 AM

Marketing means a lot yeah, but I dont think that its the only thing that is needed for a really good project. If you want to stay strong in the next couple of years you need  a skilled team! If you just can do marketing, there will be just a pump and dump in my opinion!
Proper management and marketing should always be in a project, no matter how good we are in earning or making the project profitable when the time come we lose control on it for too much traffic maybe,it may cause many mistakes and leads to lose

OOOBTC.com

▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬

Bounty
Nerman

Activity: 364
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 02:00:25 AM

I think marketing strategy has a bigger role for the promition and succes of a project. That is why most project are allocating a big amount for marketing of the project. The more the coin is being promoted to the market the more investors it will attract. But still it doesn't always mean that you have a good marketing style you will also have a good coin.

I agree marketing is part of the strategy not just by ICO but also all the products in world. They need to make the name known to the market but it does not mean that it would sell. Serious investors will always research about the company launching the coin of course as much as possible they do now want to be scammed or buy some shit coin.
They can always spend millions and millions of money in their marketing but always remember that if the product or coin is not worth buying no one would buy it.
ChinkyEyes

Activity: 687
Merit: 301

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 02:22:34 AM

Marketing helps a lot with an ICO. If it is done right it can create a hype. As a company you need to think about how you want to be profiled. Because marketing done badly can affect your business.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: