Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:32:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think an ICO, or coin, is all about the marketing?  (Read 2421 times)
MiXxe

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 07:16:39 AM

I mean most these ICOs are not even original ...
Adult dating, real estate, gambling, etc etc ...
Really there is nothing new to the table, so what is it about ?
How much you spend on marketing ?
No because first is the uniqueness and usefullness of a coin it is much needed. Think of a coin which is truly marketed but its use is not too good marketing is useless so befpre making a marketing make sure that the project woll gain attention to the people and why they will invest on it.

sky24

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 07:26:20 AM

The marketing and media behind the coin and ICO is a contributing factor to its success in the crypto market. However, many other factors influence an ICOs success, like the team behind it and their experience. You can market an ICO all you want and raise proceeds but after these proceeds are raised they need to be used in such a way that the coins value will increase. This is where the experience part comes in, experience within the business behind the coin.
100percent

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 07:41:15 AM

So it is a work in vain to start an ICO with a small marketing budget.
Sad.  Cry
btcney

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 09:22:36 AM

It's not all about the marketing.

Plenty of ICOs out there that had pretty crappy marketing when it launched but still managed to pull off a big enough investment for future development. What matters more than marketing in my opinion is the actual coin they are offering.

With the best marketing, people won't be interested in something that has no value whatsoever.
feelideb

Activity: 770
Merit: 101

fLibero.financial

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 09:28:52 AM

What do you mean by originality? For your information nothing is new under the sky we are only improvising  and making the old look and work better. ICO is a surest way to make decent living for yourself in crypto.

man1975asc

Activity: 122
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 09:38:30 AM

At the moment you need to invest a huge amount of money in marketing.
This is a necessary but not sufficient condition.

fedor3327

Activity: 644
Merit: 523

Passionate about Crypto

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 09:43:08 AM

You can have the most amazing product in the world - but - without marketing it WILL fail.

Marketing is probably the most important part of any ICO.
Croin

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 10:30:28 AM

What do you mean by originality? For your information nothing is new under the sky we are only improvising  and making the old look and work better. ICO is a surest way to make decent living for yourself in crypto.

Well thats not true, actually a lot of stuff is new and made from a new point of view and so on. Many ICO have good ideas but the 20th real eastate, gambling site or adult one. Is crap lets be honest!
wdnj

Activity: 762
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 06:06:24 PM

Of course not. They could do all the marketing in the world and sell people on it and then do absolutely nothing wants to find a release comes and have the coin fall to s***. That is the making of a good scam not the making of a good project. It happens all the time. Marketing is something that is Port. But you have to back that marketing up with actually keeping the promises that you made.
You are right. Good marketing is not what would make the project a huge success though would just create awareness for the project and simply help realize the funds pretty fast. However, what happens after the ICO ?

The team, the relevance of the project and some other factors is what would make the coin successful. However, a pretty good project, with a good team and nice marketing can pretty much go a long way.
Justin Biebers

Activity: 70

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 06:10:32 PM

I don'¨t know man, some say they are the new penny stocks but I's rather say some of them can be legitimate because of revolutionary tech. Obviously it's up to investors to decide if they want to buy into icos which are just designed to be P&Ds
FrankNoland
Copper Member

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 06:21:22 PM

I think you should consider it as the power of blockchain, I personally consider it as the fact that a lot of organizations are trying to explore their products on blockchain, new ICOs launch every week now. A lot of products currently built on blockchain, with new ones launching everyweek, from agriculture or  real estate like you mentioned. It is the quality of the product and the development team that will determine the value on the market, marketing comes later but its essential.

Digital asset exchange for settlement, clearing, custody and trading of various digital assets, utilizing distributed ledger technologies, programmed on the blockchain -https://bex.global
fiomcorka

Activity: 496
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 06:53:41 PM

So it is a work in vain to start an ICO with a small marketing budget.
Sad.  Cry
The truth is good marketing is really necessary. Even in every day life and normal businesses. Sure, you may just want some few low investors, probably nothing too much but at least you will still need some little advert to get known.

The truth is that the market is extremely large and if you are at the mercy of luck or your project being found out, you may not get that lucky. If you have a good project, the marketing you do will help create awareness so that investors can then decide if it is worth investing or not. Good projects usually do well with good marketing during ICOs.
hunker_down

Activity: 60

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 02:44:43 PM

I do believe it is very important like in any business.

There are numerous success stories from ICO's due to the fact they threw a lot of money into marketing, you are best looking into projects rather than the first one that appears in a banner.

One ICO i am really liking is Crowdholding for example, I haven't seen too much about them, but they are trucking along very nicely

https://ico.crowdholding.com
gidaahmad

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 02:57:51 PM

Yes, what I see is not just tens but hundreds of ICOs that appear at the end of 2017. The point is I know, big companies are trying to get in by making ICO and collecting lots of Crypto currency for corporate investment. Both long and short term.
sinduarianto

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 03:07:55 PM

all new ico or coin must be about its first marketing. because marketing is one way to introduce a new coin to the public.
X7
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1009

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 03:09:25 PM

Sounds like you might be digging around - some due diligence for an ICO you are looking to launch?

They need an ACTUAL use case - irrespective of marketing.

For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the world, and lose his own soul?
ipanks

Activity: 1610
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 03:20:37 PM

i think its all about marketing and promotion because if want to make one new product then we must thinking about marketing and promotion. without doing promotion, one ico can not reach their goals and they can not get success in future. but i think there is no something new from the ico and i think its only different package with the same content.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
goldenchip

Activity: 74

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 12:02:11 AM

If you refer to short term performance... yes. But in the long run, it's all about adoption, and there is no adotion if you don't have a good product.

⚪ Byteball     ❱❱❱     I T   J U S T   W O R K S .    ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email  -  Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments  -  ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD          TELEGRAM          TWITTER          MEDIUM          SLACK          REDDIT
Mikhail.YT

Activity: 253
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 03:56:04 AM

Well, it plays an important role actually. Many ICO project failed because of poor planning and execution of pr and marketing. ICO needs an exposure, so it is important to focus on this area.
kipoel

Activity: 826
Merit: 258

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 04:08:27 AM

I believe this is some kind of quick way to gain funding to make a new company, but some of those project are doing it for their own profit or it's well known as a scam. that is what everyone hated. But if it's a good project than it also could be used as one way of advertisement/marketing.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: