Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 11:16:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Sikka - Cryptonote POW- POS-Proof of Activity- New Coin!  (Read 65695 times)
espargon

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 12:51:50 PM

The coin initiator of this coin - sikka - is a pure fraud.

Its a hidden premined coin. Thats evident.

IF and only IF - what I am doubting because cryptocurrency bubble is acutally bursting and will never come alive again - this coin should become an exchange traded coin its a clear case for the SEC.

Initiator of this coin will be arrested. Reason: fraud.

To have a coin means to have responsibility to its miners. Thats NOT the case here.

Hereby I want to warn everybody to mine or even to sell legal tender against this coin. It will be a 100% loss for sure.

Its a pure waste of time, energy and money.

U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) will soon forbid any trading in cryptocoins against legal tender. You can trade Bitcoin vs. Monero or whatever but not against USD, EUR, YEN, RUB, JPY, CHF or CNY or any other legal tender soon anymore. Forget it. This will be forbidden soon. Have fun in trading pearls against shells. This will be allowed but this will not motivate anybody to do this.

youtu.be/Vcq0_h1_J30

youtu.be/40OuVyVGdIM

About the comment above tell me how the department of justice will prohibit exchanges in countries outside its scope the use of usd against any cryptocurrency? I've posted lots of shit in this forum, but I think he's got the prize. Please go to your doctor to prescribe some pills for your paranol.
tlaskows

Activity: 564

Join GANTECH’s team of game changers

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 04:41:12 AM
Last edit: January 28, 2018, 04:58:33 AM by tlaskows

Are people going to wake up.

The source code is based on bytecoin core code.

Crytpnight algo, instamine with celeron CPU....

Connect the dots.
Connecting those dots, then what next? Personally, I dont think this one is a scam project. Do you have different idea about that one?

There are exact clones of this project called cryptonote/cryptonight.  few hundred.  Do I need to list the 'coins', or can you research it?

I think one of them was genuine because it did add many changes.  XMR?  Could mine it with CPU when 1 coin was 1$...

uses the same daemon wallet, same UI.  the websites look the same.

The pool is open source, so is everything else.

Just change the graphics and you have a 'how to make a coin'.

Few really good coins were launched with CPU only miner that came with the wallet.  If you got lucky or knew a friend, you could mine hundreds of coins in 24 hours with a fast CPU.

14 blocks = 1400 coins with CPU in 1-2 hours.  Now you need 5000$ worth of GPUs to mine around 100 coins/month.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1583719.msg15913934#msg15913934

GANTECH | End-User Computing Solutions
http://gantech.net/who-we-are/our-leaders/
covfefe_

Activity: 935
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:23:15 PM

Are people going to wake up.

The source code is based on bytecoin core code.

Crytpnight algo, instamine with celeron CPU....

Connect the dots.
Connecting those dots, then what next? Personally, I dont think this one is a scam project. Do you have different idea about that one?

There are exact clones of this project called cryptonote/cryptonight.  few hundred.  Do I need to list the 'coins', or can you research it?

I think one of them was genuine because it did add many changes.  XMR?  Could mine it with CPU when 1 coin was 1$...

uses the same daemon wallet, same UI.  the websites look the same.

The pool is open source, so is everything else.

Just change the graphics and you have a 'how to make a coin'.

Few really good coins were launched with CPU only miner that came with the wallet.  If you got lucky or knew a friend, you could mine hundreds of coins in 24 hours with a fast CPU.

14 blocks = 1400 coins with CPU in 1-2 hours.  Now you need 5000$ worth of GPUs to mine around 100 coins/month.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1583719.msg15913934#msg15913934

That what open source is. Monero too is a bytecoin.
It all depends on how and where the community and the development team leads things to.
Easier option to clone is scrypt, cryptonight require comparatively larger effort.
Passive Coin

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

Passive Coin - low supply coin with backing fund!

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 01:01:41 PM

Of course, this project is not a scam.
... but, there is other question.
Do we need another mineable coin that require to waste so much electricity ....
There are dozens of other coins which you could mine if you are really mining hero or cannot live and cannot eat without mining something.
This coin also require synchronized wallet to make any transactions. I would like to give some relief to my computer from synchronizing to dozens of blockchains. Light, browser based wallets are the future and people would like to see such easy-going option.
Perhaps some of you are right that dev. are tired ... or abandoned the project.

◄ Passive Coin Project Website ►
 ◄ Low 500K Supply Coin with Growing & Diversified Backing Fund! ►
●  Passive Coin Bitcointalk Topic  ●  Buy & Sell Passive Coin  ●  Passive Coin Twitter  ●  Passive Coin Facebook  ●
thescimitarr

Activity: 117
Merit: 6

FREE VPS. Check Signature for link

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:07:43 PM

The dev is active on bitcointalk, just looked at sikka's profile.  Shocked

FREE 100$ USD Credits for Cloud Mining. [https://m.do.co/c/8b29898f1cb6]Register here![/url] FREE Virtual Private Server
sorinslv

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:07:06 PM

it is possible that someone could take the hash of this coin and use it for other coin like monero?

its just a question.
Zwiebo

Activity: 244

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 07:03:05 PM

it is possible that someone could take the hash of this coin and use it for other coin like monero?

its just a question.

If you mean, like a pool who kidnaps the hashrate and use it for monero mining? Never thought about it, but i think it could be possible.
Imran309

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:45:26 PM

Miners are mining in to the air.  No proper strategy or scope defined. No ones aware of the team. Im moon walking now
tlaskows

Activity: 564

Join GANTECH’s team of game changers

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 11:14:38 PM

Miners are mining in to the air.  No proper strategy or scope defined. No ones aware of the team. Im moon walking now

This project is not a scam.  listen to the experts on here.

no exchange, no value.  waste of time.

I could have relaxed for a month, but instead I managed to mine 1 million coins at 6000h/s with 6 1080tis as soon is it was announced on sept 21st, 2017.

The 6 GPUs are dead now.  definitely worth the money lost...

GANTECH | End-User Computing Solutions
http://gantech.net/who-we-are/our-leaders/
atLASplatform

Activity: 154
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 11:16:46 PM

The dev is active on bitcointalk, just looked at sikka's profile.  Shocked

So the alpha prototype is already out? Seems that only couple of people got interested on this project. But checking the team, seems legit. How are you gonna boost your exposure other than telegram campaign?
vytccskmt

Activity: 58

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 11:26:08 PM

Of course, this project is not a scam.
... but, there is other question.
Do we need another mineable coin that require to waste so much electricity ....
There are dozens of other coins which you could mine if you are really mining hero or cannot live and cannot eat without mining something.
This coin also require synchronized wallet to make any transactions. I would like to give some relief to my computer from synchronizing to dozens of blockchains. Light, browser based wallets are the future and people would like to see such easy-going option.
Perhaps some of you are right that dev. are tired ... or abandoned the project.
Score. It is likely that devs have abandoned the project. Just my guess.
Dukeywan

Activity: 50

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 12:12:29 AM

Wait we will have news from dev...

Dev:  "Sikka Means Gold"

Great update ... glad we cleared that up
civilufo

Activity: 375
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:17:00 AM

The coin initiator of this coin - sikka - is a pure fraud.

Its a hidden premined coin. Thats evident.

IF and only IF - what I am doubting because cryptocurrency bubble is acutally bursting and will never come alive again - this coin should become an exchange traded coin its a clear case for the SEC.

Initiator of this coin will be arrested. Reason: fraud.

To have a coin means to have responsibility to its miners. Thats NOT the case here.

Hereby I want to warn everybody to mine or even to sell legal tender against this coin. It will be a 100% loss for sure.

Its a pure waste of time, energy and money.

U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) will soon forbid any trading in cryptocoins against legal tender. You can trade Bitcoin vs. Monero or whatever but not against USD, EUR, YEN, RUB, JPY, CHF or CNY or any other legal tender soon anymore. Forget it. This will be forbidden soon. Have fun in trading pearls against shells. This will be allowed but this will not motivate anybody to do this.

youtu.be/Vcq0_h1_J30

youtu.be/40OuVyVGdIM

Since you're so sicked, have you sell all your crypto currency? You should act fast, and then cancel your Bitcointalk account too, no point to waste your time with monopoly money here.

sick_sikka

Activity: 8

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:36:49 AM
Last edit: February 03, 2018, 12:43:58 AM by sick_sikka

its just a question.

If you mean, like a pool who kidnaps the hashrate and use it for monero mining? Never thought about it, but i think it could be possible.

I also never thought about it, because I do not have the racoonity to even consider that but it would make sense here. A "bright idea", btw.

Who is wasting 24/7 around 20 KH/sec for nothing? After a half year, nothing happened. Absolutely nothing. The dev is incapable to create even a GUI for a wallet. Thats ridiculous and insane still to believe in this "project", which is not even a project that deserves this name. Some people must be very greedy to spend 20KH/sec for the hope of getting rich. The cryptobubble is bursting anyway. It does not matter what the name of any coin is, it does not have any practical use. Neither to pay with nor to use it as a store of value. Both is absolutely an illusion. Its just a mega ponzi scheme lighted by news in many mass media like CNBC and so on. The one who paid the highest price will pay the one who paid less and thats all. Now the governments will forbid it. China did it, South Korea did it and trust me, Europe, Russia (Russia recently denied but will forbid it, too, in the long term) and the US will do it, too.

Bitcoin & Co are crashing now and will never come back. No advertising more on facebook for example. See marketwatch.com/story/no-more-annoying-bitcoin-ads-on-facebook-2018-01-30 Nobody and really not a single government is interested in a non government controlled currency or digital asset. And 20,000 bucks for a bitcoin was an alarming signal for every single government around the world, because is shows how risk seeking the audience is. We will never see 20K again in bitcoin. And other coins you can forget, too. Maybe the ripple or tether have a chance but only MAY BE. Any other coin is pure fiction and will be worth only a couple of cents in some month until years.

And to have more than 1,000 coins is completely mad. There is only 1 Facebook and there is only 1 Amazon and there is only 1 Google. There also can be only 1 coin. (Today every nation has a coin, but in future only a few coins will rule the world, maybe only 1 coin - that would be the most efficient coin, but a little competition even between coins cannot be wrong)

And as a mean of payment you can forget any coin (theter and ripple excluded). They could be take over the function of cheap and fast money transaction in the internet but still connected to legal tender as the us dollar is one. But as a store of value? Gold is superior. So as an asset it does not make any sense. And as a currency it will not be allowed by governments. And if any cryptocoin will be used to make transactions without paying any tax, supporting terror actions or to trade prohibit goods or services then the governments will find a way to stop this. They will prohibit any crypto exchange and even only the crypto exchanges in the U.S. would be enough to let the prices collapse so they would be almost worthless and criminals wouldnt be able to transfer value anymore. Or interpol will find and stop main servers or will not allow operators of servers to use it for cryptothings of all kinds anymore on pain of penalties. The price will collapse even more then. And if other countries would allow this, trust me, the axis of evil will be extended and destroyed.

But apart from that here we have some really greedy as well as stupid people who are still mining this coin and we have the dev who could be connected directly or indirectly with the pool.

And to let the stupid audience of miners think that this coin will be sooner or later come to exchange will encourage them to keep mining.

But if this coin will never come to exchange the dev could use the hash power to mine another cryptonote coin like monero. Yes, I think, that sounds more than convincing and plausible. But it must not be. I have no clue about that technical things I ve to admit.

But also look for https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1080067.0

So - you may twist and turn it - neither your hash rate could be misused to mine monero for the pool operators or even more important is the fact that a non government controlled coin or asset will stay a fiction. Even in a decentralised world.

Bitcoin was the first usecase for blockchain technology but it will fail and of course other coins like sikka or whatever more than ever.

You are wasting your resources - time, energy, technical equipment respectively money and of course nerves.

Google "tulip bulb". Humans traded a vast scope of worthless things. They did it with tulips, they did it with shares, with post stamps, with CDOs (colleteral debt obligations until the financial crisis in 2008) and now they are trading digital units in 2017 like hell. Unbelievable but thats the nature of humans. Partly completely not comprehensible and unreasonable.

2017 was the spike of crypto mania - very exciting for the ones who have been or are still involved into this mania but bitcoin and co. have no social function as money does have it and its not a store of value. It is just a vehicle of speculation like tulips have been in 1620 - 1637.

Enjoy the last months of cryptomania. The interest rates will rise and therefore stock markets, bond markets, real estate markets and any other markets will come down in prices.

And you want to bet on a rising crypto market?  Huh  Roll Eyes  Huh

Grin Grin Grin

The crypto market will implode at first.

My advise for the honest and prudential people here is: Forget it and save your resources. You will thank me for that advice in several months when bitcoin is worth again only a few hundreds of bucks or even less. And the project "sikka" is like the wish to open another online shop after amazon already opened years ago. Completely doomed.

My assets are 100% in cash and I feel fine with this. And the more the prices come down the more fine I feel Wink))))

I never mined nor bought a coin. That´s completely nuts. But its funny and at the same time even scaring to observe how people are getting rich and others will get painfully poor.

The crash is not over. It will ruin a lot of people. This will get very very painful I assume. The most uninformed and naive people bought in late 2017 and these people will leave the party at first and never and really NEVER come back.
Batus

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:52:25 AM

70 pages on this thread but coin still doesn't added to at least one worst exchange.
sick_sikka

Activity: 8

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 02:51:42 PM
Last edit: February 02, 2018, 03:44:13 PM by sick_sikka

Blockchain’s Broken Promises

Jan 26, 2018 Nouriel Roubini

Boosters of blockchain technology compare its early days to the early days of the Internet. But whereas the Internet quickly gave rise to email, the World Wide Web, and millions of commercial ventures, blockchain's only application – cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin – does not even fulfill its stated purpose.

As a currency, Bitcoin should be a serviceable unit of account, means of payments, and a stable store of value. It is none of those things. No one prices anything in Bitcoin. Few retailers accept it. And it is a poor store of value, because its price can fluctuate by 20-30% in a single day.

https://www.project-syndicate.org/commentary/why-bitcoin-is-a-bubble-by-nouriel-roubini-2018-01

Worse, cryptocurrencies in general are based on a false premise. According to its promoters, Bitcoin has a steady-state supply of 21 million units, so it cannot be debased like fiat currencies. But that claim is clearly fraudulent, considering that it has already forked off into three branches: Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, and Bitcoin Gold. Besides, hundreds of other cryptocurrencies are invented every day, alongside scams known as “initial coin offerings,” which are mostly designed to skirt securities laws. So “stable” cryptos are creating money supply and debasing it at a much faster pace than any major central bank ever has.

As is typical of a financial bubble, investors are buying cryptocurrencies not to use in transactions, but because they expect them to increase in value.

Until now, Bitcoin’s only real use has been to facilitate illegal activities such as drug transactions, tax evasion, avoidance of capital controls, or money laundering. Not surprisingly, G20 member states are now working together to regulate cryptocurrencies ...

Since the invention of money thousands of years ago, there has never been a monetary system with hundreds of different currencies operating alongside one another.

In the US, the reason we do not use euros or yen in addition to dollars is obvious: doing so would be pointless, and it would make the economy far less efficient. The idea that hundreds of cryptocurrencies could viably operate together not only contradicts the very concept of money; it is utterly idiotic.

But so, too, is the idea that even a single cryptocurrency could substitute for fiat money. Cryptocurrencies have no intrinsic value, whereas fiat currencies certainly do, because they can be used to pay taxes. Fiat currencies are also protected from value debasement by central banks committed to price stability; and if a fiat currency loses credibility, as in some weak monetary systems with high inflation, it will be swapped out for more stable foreign fiat currencies or real assets.

As it happens, Bitcoin’s supposed advantage is also its Achilles’s heel, because even if it actually did have a steady-state supply of 21 million units, that would disqualify it as a viable currency. Unless the supply of a currency tracks potential nominal GDP, prices will undergo deflation.

That means if a steady-state supply of Bitcoin really did gradually replace a fiat currency, the price index of all goods and services would continuously fall. By extension, any nominal debt contract denominated in Bitcoin would rise in real value over time, leading to the kind of debt deflation that economist Irving Fisher believed precipitated the Great Depression. At the same time, nominal wages in Bitcoin would increase forever in real terms, regardless of productivity growth, adding further to the likelihood of an economic disaster.

Clearly, Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies represent the mother of all bubbles, which explains why every human being I met between Thanksgiving and Christmas of 2017 asked me if they should buy them. Scammers, swindlers, charlatans, and carnival barkers (all conflicted insiders) have tapped into clueless retail investors’ FOMO (“fear of missing out”), and taken them for a ride.

As for the underlying blockchain technology, there are still massive obstacles standing in its way, even if it has more potential than cryptocurrencies. Chief among them is that it lacks the kind of basic common and universal protocols that made the Internet universally accessible (TCP-IP, HTML, and so forth).

So, forget about blockchain, Bitcoin, and other cryptocurrencies, and start investing in fintech firms with actual business models, which are slogging away to revolutionize the financial-services industry. You won’t get rich overnight; but you’ll have made the smarter investment.

Nouriel Roubini, a professor at NYU’s Stern School of Business and CEO of Roubini Macro Associates, was Senior Economist for International Affairs in the White House's Council of Economic Advisers during the Clinton Administration. He has worked for the International Monetary Fund, the US Federal Reserve, and the World Bank.

If anybody is still mining or even buying this crap of crypto-bullshit then he will have to pay one day for one or the other or both of these dumb ideas.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about th’universe!

Albert Einstein

a) so called cryptocurrencies are imploding

and

b) interest rates are exploding

= very toxic.

A CRASH in all asset classes is IMMINENT

WE are only seconds away from the ultimative CRASH !!! I am very, very certain !

Cryptocurrency fiasco and rising interest rates will initiate a shock and therefore we will see further CRASHs in stockmarkets, bondmarkets, real estate markets and commodity markets !!!

This will end horrible. The world economy will crash. I am MORE THAN CERTAIN. Its not anymore a question of "if" but a question of "when". I am more than sure it will happen in until spring 2018. A Crash the world never has seen.

casanovam

Activity: 75

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 05:56:35 PM

http://skrinshoter.ru/s/020218/kr8TDkUm

120s block Huh
fergany

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 09:11:50 AM

if you asking who is mining i think its easy to know. Dev is minng

its pure scam. premining with a new way.

just disapraer for 4 months while you are mining and they added it to an exchange and it will be like no premining coin for the new people
Zwiebo

Activity: 244

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2018, 11:40:46 AM

Maybe dev will give a little progress update or news soon. But its not nice to talk bad about a new project like this. There are a few informations about sikka:
http://getsikka.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/Sikka-Vision-Document.pdf

Ppl should read and understand it, before they start mining with the hope to get rich in less than 6 months.
Give it some time. Its only a few months old.
solotraderbct

Activity: 44

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 11:59:29 AM

This project is not a scam.  listen to the experts on here.

no exchange, no value.  waste of time.

I could have relaxed for a month, but instead I managed to mine 1 million coins at 6000h/s with 6 1080tis as soon is it was announced on sept 21st, 2017.

The 6 GPUs are dead now.  definitely worth the money lost...
Don't worry too much, keeping those coins safely in your wallet. Let dream, then magic might come with Sikka, you might be rich by Sikka sometime in the future. Nobody can predict/ claim what will certainly happen, right?
Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 »
  Print  

Jump to: