Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:28:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Amazon Will Accept Bitcoin Speculation  (Read 2909 times)
actueal

Activity: 42
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 05:50:54 PM

Among the bigger payment processors, Stripe did have a 'pay using Bitcoin' option at first, but they later discontinued it because reconciliation with fiat currency was becoming a problem, what with delayed confirmation and such type of issues.

That's the huge cliff Amazon will need to climb. So, I don't think it's even something that's on their table for now.
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
anseer645

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 05:51:27 PM

The news seems to be fake news we have to wait for official announcement because without government interaction it is not possible to accept bitcoin.
That's why people should wait for official announcement from the owner of Amazon.
FADI1

Activity: 22
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 06:03:46 PM

Im not sure about how true these news are but if this is right it will make bitcoin's price go up and will be definitely a plus and a very big improvement in bitcoin's life.
Lloyd Jacksok

Activity: 93

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 08:13:17 AM

Amazon has no control over what the markets may determine, but they have to watch out for whales resting on tons of $BTC that could sink or raise the price point ad-lib. $XRP is certainly not immune to price alterations or early-investors keeping an asymmetric portion of the currency, but its sizable supply does offer a barrier to private auctions.
Dominic_King

Activity: 119

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 01:12:51 PM

Companies like Amazon.com are not average-joe traders just wanting to grow their investment cash as quick as possible. A sweeping shift as big as the one required to start taking crypto needs serious security. That gaming company surrendered on Bitcoin because of crazy high fees and high volatility.
Larrycool

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 09:14:57 PM

This is will be absolutely amazing, If Amazon started accepting bitcoin then all other big companies of the world will also do the same. Their payments collections will be easier and they will feel more reliable. Therefore I think that accepting bitcoin as regular currency is the new step of bitcoin success. Now more and more people will trust bitcoin and will convert their local currency in bitcoin for their convenience and comfort.
domari

Activity: 146
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 09:20:43 PM

Is this true ? This is great if amazon accepts payments with bitcoins. Because amazon is now a great e-commerce. It will certainly make it easy for us if you want to shop there. Hopefully sooner or later this will come true.
Bowly88

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 09:29:35 PM

The news seems to be fake news we have to wait for official announcement because without government interaction it is not possible to accept bitcoin.
That's why people should wait for official announcement from the owner of Amazon.

Many of these news were spreading not only on the bitcoin community but also to other forums. is it true? i pray that it is not.
jean messi

Activity: 101

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 04:13:40 AM

I don't think Amazon yet ready to accept bitcoin as a payment gateway, however if they do, it will indeed be huge boost for bitcoin and will get more popularity. Because million of people use amazon and will see the logo of bitcoin.
lakita

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 11:24:20 AM

Amazon is a big company, If this is true, someone from the inside will be leaked. Regardless, the real person talking about this is a kind of artist.
These are people's speculations about what the company will do in the future
Gintama214

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

DONATION SENPAI PLEASE <3 <3

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 11:33:55 AM

According to a newsletter from The James Altucher Report, Amazon will soon begin accepting Bitcoin, which they will officially announce as early as October 26th during their earnings conference call.

Source: https://squawker.org/technology/breaking-amazon-will-accept-bitcoin-by-october/

This is kinda old now, there are many articles that have been made about bitcoin and amazon but then there was no any progress about Amazon's accepting bitcoin as a payment. There is no official announcement made on their website and for now, it is just all speculation's but I do think this is really possible that Amazon will actually do it but then we still need to wait for their announcement until then.
Jihuny23

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 11:44:27 AM

I am very happy to hear this news. I am happy if bitcoin is acceptable in the wider community. Bitcoin will not go extinct if people still believe in and use bitcoin. I just hope more and more parties that are receiving the presence of bitcoin. If many parties receive bitcoin, then I am sure the demand and supply of bitcoin market is getting higher so that it affects the bitcoin price that is getting stable. If many people receive bitcoin then people who use bitcoin will be more open and free in transacting.
rollingstorm45

Activity: 448
Merit: 17

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 11:48:33 AM

very good news
now the cryptoccurrency community seems to get a positive signal from amazon to be able to have cryptocurrency
amazon is the largest company, and makes Jeff Bezos the richest man in the world

Sampson7

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 12:09:44 PM

A very good news because it will help them grow more and have a bigger idea into cryptosystem .
jessicaldiaseso

Activity: 79

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 04:10:56 PM

Companies like Amazon wont just add a currency as payment method that isnt recognized by the authorities. I think that there needs to be a regulatory framework around crypto before we will witness such a thing. Maybe this wont become a reality with Bitcoin, but with another cryptocurrency that is regulatory compliant like cardano.
lekleklek

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 04:12:59 PM

Companies like Amazon wont just add a currency as payment method that isnt recognized by the authorities. I think that there needs to be a regulatory framework around crypto before we will witness such a thing. Maybe this wont become a reality with Bitcoin, but with another cryptocurrency that is regulatory compliant like cardano.

Why, in your opinion, not? Overstock.com had been doing it for years?
torres99

Activity: 78

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 02:49:35 AM

I think that's fake news, but it's only a matter of time before Amazon and other corporations start accepting btc. If they don't keep up with the trends they will lose customers, so it goes to their advantage to start implementing crypto.
nichoslalble

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 09:32:47 AM

Amazon most likely isnt going to get involved in a scam. Bitcoins are tied to black market, dark web and other illegal activities including money laundering schemes. But the fact that more and more companies decide to accept bitcoins is undoubtedly good news.
mourinho hala 98

Activity: 96

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 04:34:07 PM

Given the size and reach of Amazon, I wouldn't be so sure that they will just accept Bitcoin or another pre-existing coin. They could launch their own coin with Amazon-specific perks and do pretty good.
cr7

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 04:47:30 PM

Given the size and reach of Amazon, I wouldn't be so sure that they will just accept Bitcoin or another pre-existing coin. They could launch their own coin with Amazon-specific perks and do pretty good.
I fully agree with you. They would create their own coin with a peg to the dollar, then the price would be stable. And in the future with the possibility of exchanging for bitcoin and other altcoins.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: