Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 04:54:44 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to manipulate All Altcoins  (Read 2247 times)
barwizi (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 06:50:16 AM

I decided to test a theory, looking at the data on cryptsy and coinchoose, i placed buy orders that were close to the lowest sell order. In 5 minutes nibble became the most profitable coin to mine and it's hashrate trippled in an hour. After people matched my prices it fell to 75% and now people are dumping  Grin Grin. Now i've moved on to Worldcoin, i made an offer, someone topped me on bter and now it looks like all the hash has moved there. anyone want to work with me to profit off these mindless miners?
jasonslow

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 06:52:29 AM

Great work, I discovered this last week.
wiggi

Activity: 403
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 06:14:28 PM

You place buy order, get filled, then people want to dump...
How can you possibly profit from this, by selling to the guy who topped you?
diegodos

Activity: 448
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 06:17:34 PM

I decided to test a theory, looking at the data on cryptsy and coinchoose, i placed buy orders that were close to the lowest sell order. In 5 minutes nibble became the most profitable coin to mine and it's hashrate trippled in an hour. After people matched my prices it fell to 75% and now people are dumping  Grin Grin. Now i've moved on to Worldcoin, i made an offer, someone topped me on bter and now it looks like all the hash has moved there. anyone want to work with me to profit off these mindless miners?

its all want to say : i hate crypsty.com
com911

Activity: 518

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 06:24:02 PM

You place buy order, get filled, then people want to dump...
How can you possibly profit from this, by selling to the guy who topped you?

You can place buy order like 0.001 btc Smiley

e521

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 06:35:16 PM

I decided to test a theory, looking at the data on cryptsy and coinchoose, i placed buy orders that were close to the lowest sell order. In 5 minutes nibble became the most profitable coin to mine and it's hashrate trippled in an hour. After people matched my prices it fell to 75% and now people are dumping  Grin Grin. Now i've moved on to Worldcoin, i made an offer, someone topped me on bter and now it looks like all the hash has moved there. anyone want to work with me to profit off these mindless miners?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

tim13n

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 08:14:12 PM

very cool idee!
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2013, 08:33:57 PM

Manipulating alt coin prices are easy. Dropping $1k in there is usually enough to move things the way you want.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
mullick
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 09:17:25 PM

Manipulating alt coin prices are easy. Dropping $1k in there is usually enough to move things the way you want.

It is almost too easy to start a dump
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 09:18:59 PM

i do as well. the system in place is fundamentally flawed. it almost encourages dumping en masse.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 09:19:56 PM

Same thing happens with Bitcoin - its just on a larger scale

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 09:21:15 PM

yeah coinchoose needs to really look at volumes really as well as just the price.

Ethicoin

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 09:25:48 PM

I decided to test a theory, looking at the data on cryptsy and coinchoose, i placed buy orders that were close to the lowest sell order. In 5 minutes nibble became the most profitable coin to mine and it's hashrate trippled in an hour. After people matched my prices it fell to 75% and now people are dumping  Grin Grin. Now i've moved on to Worldcoin, i made an offer, someone topped me on bter and now it looks like all the hash has moved there. anyone want to work with me to profit off these mindless miners?

FINSEC is tracing your IP and getting a lock on your biosig from a satellite in space as we speak  Wink

EDIT: This is a joke!  Cheesy
sal002

Activity: 490

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2013, 10:12:08 PM
Last edit: May 31, 2013, 11:23:22 PM by sal002

yeah coinchoose needs to really look at volumes really as well as just the price.

Bumped Smiley
champbronc2

Activity: 490

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 10:17:29 PM

I still don't understand how any money is being made here.. What?

Someone wanna explain?

https://bitquick.co - Buy bitcoins instantly with cash at 2% fee or Sell Bitcoins at 0% fee with BitQuick.co. Encourage safer, more secure trading! Stop selling on LocalBitcoins.
Safe trading resource: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=208203.0 Read it before you ever make a trade! Know what you're getting yourself into!
digitalindustry

Activity: 798

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2013, 10:31:42 PM

manipulate away its all part of the market - may as well do it while you can . although what you discribed is not actually manipulation .

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
defaced
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2013, 10:35:38 PM

manipulate away its all part of the market - may as well do it while you can . although what you discribed is not actually manipulation .

this. exactly what i wanted to say but you beat me too it.

Fortune Favors the Brave
Borderless CharityEXPANSEEXRAllergy FinderFranko Is Freedom
barwizi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 02:53:10 AM

pxc pump in one hour
psybits
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 04:13:24 AM

pxc pump in one hour

Which exchange? Not that I participate in this kind of thing ...
barwizi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 04:20:04 AM

pxc pump in one hour

Which exchange? Not that I participate in this kind of thing ...

lets start small, cryptsy, when it's profitability rises, the mindless ones will flock to it, raising the difficulty and price, once the price is high enough, we dump and run for the hills. although that may kill the coin when people start shifting to other coins again.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: