Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:40:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can we totally eliminate all the banks in this world?  (Read 6069 times)
MiXxe

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 09:47:59 PM

Banks will not be diminished so easily, if ever.
They will still operate even if totally digital era (where you will still use fiat but in digital forms, such as cryptocurrencies). But maybe, just maybe if people will realize how cryptocurrencies are better than the banking system that existed for centuries, they'll become obsolete.
Yes, banking still be a bank if we can predict it now maybe the founders or the bank owner have been thinking and doing now how he can apply blockchain transactions on their clients. I believe they have an idea and have some bitcoins from now thats how some business minded person works. In the future it will be going to a battle within banks ober blockchains.

Brunus

Activity: 585
Merit: 33

Rasputin Party Mansion

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 10:14:31 PM

It's unprobable: may be we no longer need them for deposit and tranfer, but for sur we'll need financial services, as loans or leasing.

●  ROC2  ●   We have successfully delivered STAGE 1   ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
━ ━━ ━━━━ ━━━━━━  We now invite you to become part of PHASE2 expansion In Partnership With REDTUBE
● Telegram    ● Twitter    ● Facebook    ● Medium    [  ICO is L I V E !  ]   ━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
szpalata

Activity: 686
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 10:24:06 PM

It's unprobable: may be we no longer need them for deposit and tranfer, but for sur we'll need financial services, as loans or leasing.

It's just not possible even if the whole world adopts bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency. Banks will be banks and they will continue to play their role in our finances but  cryptocurrencies also have their place and i don't think we should replace one with the other.
onemoretime8520

Activity: 265
Merit: 10

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 10:27:09 PM

I don`t think that in near future btc will have a huge impact on banks as to close them and make them dissapear, but banks can adopt it and become more powerful

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
a4techer

Activity: 552
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 10:34:20 PM

That's was a possible that in the future they remove banks because of the cryptocurrency that you can store in to your bitcoin wallet but if the think or research or have new idea to adapt the cryptocurrency on how they handle it using digital it was possible that banks are not remove.
Washball

Activity: 266
Merit: 151

First crypto index traded as a token!

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 10:41:55 PM

Eliminate the banks is not possible. The banks have so much power, it's just like saying: can we eliminate the governments. The only thing is that we use bitcoin, next to fiat currency. So they both exist side by side, you can choose whether you use cryptocurrency or deal with banks.

ehab.co

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 10:51:01 PM

Of course. This is the whole point of blockchain - decentralisation. Nothing ever happens over night. But the tech will keep getting better, it will become more frictionless, more people will adopt it and the services of banks will become less and less needed as jobs get automated and the world becomes more connected and borderless. If you can't imagine a world without banks then you need to read more about what the aims of Bitcoin, ethereum etc. are Smiley you'll be pleasantly surprised.
Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 11:03:58 PM

What is the future of cryptocurrencies when all the government need to do is to close the bank accounts of businesses or exchange?

https://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-businesses-face-bank-account-closures-in-singapore/

Bitcoin is the only one currency which is dealing people and people are coming attract to bitcoin because bitcoin is the only currency which having future well if we think about ETH then it is also quite good for future.
What stays behind bitcoin? Nothing. No gold standard or centralization. Let's be realists! Yes, now it costs a lot and the price keep growing, but if something will go wrong we will all loose. Of course I hope for a long life for all coins, some of them brings me good profit monthly and it is not in my interests to talk bad about Bitcoin, but I just want to be real.
Crypto1989

Activity: 33

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 11:09:44 PM

No, we'll still need them for their other financial services.
Fantastic33

Activity: 308
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 03:11:03 AM

Bitcoin will still exist in the future as long as there will be transactions and investors. But i think banks will not be eliminated on our systems. Banks are very important on the financial system of our economy. Banks takes deposits, grant loans, etc. Banks also help on the development of the economy by lending money to business owners.

Crypto and banks are two different things. Their processes, and how they can help or affect the economy are also different from each other. So i think one has nothing to do with the other one, as long as those two are beneficial to us and to our economy, both of them will exist for a long time.
Vanshenz

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 03:15:39 AM

Can not, because everyone still needs a bank, without our bank can not save safely, because saving in the bank will provide good security..
Klestar

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 03:31:09 AM

This is impossible,  banks cannot be eliminated in circulation of money because government wants it. Bitcoin cannot change the whole system in the government but it can add options to it such as payments and assets. Banks serves to the people and fiats, however we cannot just burn paper money in exchange to bitcoin. This idea is not existence in reality at all.
karupe

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 03:41:36 AM

I think it's such a impossible thing that can't happen because banks are controlling economics , no bank the economics will be a mess.
AmazingDynamo

Activity: 248

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 03:45:28 AM

I think it's such a impossible thing that can't happen because banks are controlling economics , no bank the economics will be a mess.

and also bank is traditional many people, company, institution and other are using banks for the security of their assests , banks it is not about the money that is saved there it is about the security of asset that bitcoin cant do so for me it also impossible to eliminate banks in the world .
davinchi
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 05:37:23 AM

What is the future of cryptocurrencies when all the government need to do is to close the bank accounts of businesses or exchange?

https://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-businesses-face-bank-account-closures-in-singapore/

banks have functions as currency exchange since ancient times, at that time banks only received one currency, and technology advanced with the existence of digital money, so banks can not be transferred function
Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are mainly for investment, so whoever invests their money into it is doing it for a reason, cause they have a target to accomplish. So one day they will withdraw it. And banks are being controlled and backed up by the government, and they won’t let such a thing happen.
anonbit992

Activity: 378
Merit: 251

A Trader & An Investor

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 05:52:16 AM

Eliminating banks in the world is impossible. They will be there and they will be a neccessary evil in the world. Perhaps one day government can sort of put more regulations to check their exploitative actions such as charging huge interest, commissions and charges.

██
                           ██████
                         █████████
                      █████████████
                    █████████████████
                      █████████████████
                       █████████████████
              ███        █████████████████
            ██████        █████████████████
          ██████████        █████████████████
       ██████████████        █████████████████
      █████████████████        █████████████████
       █████████████████        ████████████████
        █████████████████        █████████████
          █████████████████        █████████
           █████████████████        ██████
             █████████████████        ██
              █████████████████       
                █████████████████       
                 █████████████████       
                   █████████████████       
                    █████████████████       
                      █████████████████       
                       █████████████████       
                         █████████████████       
               ███        █████████████████
             ██████         █████████████████
           ██████████        █████████████████
         █████████████         █████████████████
          █████████████████        ███████████████
            █████████████████        ███████████
             █████████████████        ███████
               █████████████████        ███
                █████████████████
                  ████████████████
                   █████████████████
                     █████████████
                      ██████████
                        ██████
                         ██

●●  VISUAL STRATEGY BUILDER  ●● BOUNTY | ANN | WHITEPAPER 
●●  FOR CRYPTOTRADING  ●●●●●●●● TELEGRAM | FACEBOOK | TWITTER 
         ALGORITHMIC TRADING | STRATEGY OPTIMIZATION | COPY TRADING
elvinjamon

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 06:09:42 AM

I have to disagree with your statment sir.  It is impossible to eradicate banks from each country even if everyone of us owns a crytocurrency.  Banks are not only used for transactions but is it also used as storage of fiat money. Maybe sometime, banks can also store your bitcoin holdings
TheKeyLongThumbI

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 06:11:10 AM

Even if crypto has dominated the world, I will still put a good amount of money in a bank and I know people will still do it too. It will divert bad people away from me because they will think I have my money in the bank and not in my pc or  any device.
AmazingDynamo

Activity: 248

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 06:35:40 AM

Even if crypto has dominated the world, I will still put a good amount of money in a bank and I know people will still do it too. It will divert bad people away from me because they will think I have my money in the bank and not in my pc or  any device.

as of now im not doing banking but i also have the sight of you , bank is good if you wanna loan house or cars if you have a good bank statement you have a high chance to grant your request , for now bank is essential , even you have multi million here in crypto but you dont have it on bank it is impossible for you to honor by the different establishment .
Kisanaq

Activity: 700
Merit: 277

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 07:43:35 AM

I do not think this will happen, banks will get strong protection from the government, economic activity is very dependent on banks and if the presence of bitcoin can eliminate the banks then before eliminated banks will receive bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: