Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 05:53:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KNCMiner Sell order#  (Read 14981 times)
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 07:30:53 PM

Well yes then personally I'd wait until we see an ASIC for all parties. You'd be able to sell you pre-order for a great deal more once a prototype is confirmed and verified!
You can't do that, your order turns invalid if you don't pay within 7 days of the pre-orders opening, which is another really shitty decision on KnCMiner's end. That said, don't give him attention, this is clear shitposting now.

Hell, Sam should just take the bitcoins from the buyer of the pre-order queue position, putting the seller's pre-order in the new buyer's name, then give a receipt.

I'm guessing that's his intention since he intends to mediate to avoid eBay scams from taking place...

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 07:37:04 PM

Here you go, start your bidding:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=222622.0

Lowered the starting bid to BTC4.  Anyone?

Dude you certainly shouldn't be partisan to any of this until we know exactly what is happening with respect to orders, payment and resale. KnC could just as well turn around and not honour your sale or your order position if you do this outside of whatever means they suggest is acceptable. You need them to verify changing the address details with a confirmation and they have yet to stipulate what the terms for resale actually are.

Don't get ahead of yourself, or cause anyone to loose their virtual monies.

Sincerely.

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 07:48:15 PM

Dude you certainly shouldn't be partisan to any of this until we know exactly what is happening with respect to orders, payment and resale. KnC could just as well turn around and not honour your sale or your order position if you do this outside of whatever means they suggest is acceptable. You need them to verify changing the address details with a confirmation and they have yet to stipulate what the terms for resale actually are.

Sincerely.

huh?  They said there is no problem transferring the pre-order to another person.  Look around.  Pre-orders are being sold left and right.
I just want to sell mine.  What is your problem?   I don't want for people to lose money.  What are you talking about?

This...

(I've underlined the bits you may not have paid attention to)

Actually I think of it differently

What annoys me more than anything is people on eBay/or here selling pre orders for boxes. When the person buying has no chance of actually knowing if the box will ever arrive at his/her door because the original company doesn't allow a change of shipping address,

There is enough scamming in this industry already. I do not want to see our boxes or queue placements being used at all to scam anyone out of money and if i can spend a few minutes to fight that I will.

If this offends anyone then so be it. I would rather that than have you lose your coins to someone who claims to have a queue placement, or a full pre order who in actual fact does not.

After payments are made and the queue does indeed become longer. We know that queue trading is gong to happen and as we cant stop it the best we can do is try to make sure no one gets scamm
ed.

Sam

KS

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 08:56:08 PM

No I meant for resale. Pay by credit card for maximal first-hand buyer protection. Check with your bank w.r.t. what they offer your card purchases.
Oh, yes, but most people don't have the $7k (or $9k with VAT) to actually register the order. Indeed the first units will probably be worth at least twice their price. If they actually manage to ship a large amount though, they will quickly lose value.
Edit, on top of that, the credit card only covers you for 120 days if I interpreted what was posted earlier right. If they start accepting payments this month, that will still barely cover the current estimated shipping date, if you don't have an order in the first 500, then it won't cover it entirely. That's assuming they won't be late, which is just unrealistic, no matter how often they claim they won't be; it's just a matter of "how much".

Even if you could pay via credit card, I don't think everyone has a 7-9K limit, the payment listed is still Paypal - that's only 45 days protection.

You could do a wire transfer (one way payment, no reversal, no protection) or Bitpay (also one way, no protection and even more expensive unless KNC swallows the 5% or so conversion fee).
Twh

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 10:01:23 PM

Even if you could pay via credit card, I don't think everyone has a 7-9K limit, the payment listed is still Paypal - that's only 45 days protection.

You could do a wire transfer (one way payment, no reversal, no protection) or Bitpay (also one way, no protection and even more expensive unless KNC swallows the 5% or so conversion fee).
If they don't accept credit cards directly, which as it looks like they don't and won't, I'm not giving them a penny. Or more exactly, I would give them a reasonable amount to reserve my order and pay the rest once they actually show that they are trustworthy and have an ASIC; but they're not doing that either. Paypal is an all around horrible payment method.

They seem like they don't have a single spare moment to plan their next one or two steps, and most decisions are made and implemented in a big hurry, but then they go ahead and say that they actually do have the time to offer extra customer care to those who wish to transfer their pre-order queue positions and manually verify it, even though not only are they not forced to do this, not only do people not expect this from them, many are actually against it. I see their point, but it's not a good one, and they really should be rather dealing with one of the dozens of issues they have on their hands instead of dicking around with this sort of petty shit.
I'm not shouting scam here, to me they just seem.. well, lacking a better word, dense. That, or once again, really bad at PR, saying one thing and doing another, I actually hope this is the case.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2013, 12:56:55 AM

Thank god I hit the preorder button about 50 times. So who wants positions < #300? 3BTC each.

On the fence with this guy:

Please check the seller's SHILL date prior to following through with any purchase.

Name:   plasmoske
Position:   Jr. Member
Date Registered:   February 22, 2013, 06:19:24 AM
Last Active:   Today at 08:07:21 AM

Roll Eyes LMAO. My statement was just a joke. I was just simply mocking the system approved by KNC. Anyone could just fill out the pre-order
form multiple times and just make easy cash without laying down any cash. Maybe I was too subtle Cheesy

Cool

I concur. Apologies for leaning too far on the wrong side of the fence on this one, bud.

Meanwhile, KNC starts selling only chips in 5...4...3...
stripykitteh
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 03:30:26 AM

They seem like they don't have a single spare moment to plan their next one or two steps, and most decisions are made and implemented in a big hurry, but then they go ahead and say that they actually do have the time to offer extra customer care to those who wish to transfer their pre-order queue positions and manually verify it, even though not only are they not forced to do this, not only do people not expect this from them, many are actually against it. I see their point, but it's not a good one, and they really should be rather dealing with one of the dozens of issues they have on their hands instead of dicking around with this sort of petty shit.
I'm not shouting scam here, to me they just seem.. well, lacking a better word, dense. That, or once again, really bad at PR, saying one thing and doing another, I actually hope this is the case.

How many of the first few hundred orders are employees, friends or family of KnC? My guess is most of them. Are any of them prevented from selling their spot in the queue? Doesn't sound like it. Where will those funds raised end up?

If I had to make a guess at the substance of KnC based on their recent behaviour, I'd say it appears they don't have the funds to carry out what they are proposing, even with the income they expect to raise from Mars sales. This looks like a clumsy (and deceitful) attempt to raise some extra cash before some large NRE costs become due.

I can't prove it of course, but having to choose whether to invest in this lot on the basis of incomplete but worrying information I'm voting with my chequebook and staying out.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
dwdoc
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

- - -Caveat Aleo- - -

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 03:40:07 AM

Bait and switch vs bait and delay (e.g. BFL)?
dan99

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 06:35:24 AM

The price of the Kncminer will easily triple in price very soon, because those purchase the avalon and DIY are already selling those 72gh/s complete unit at 75btc or more, for 350gh/s it should easily costs 350btc if using the price those DIY Avalon guys are selling for complete set. is like 1btc per gh/s..
KS

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 07:18:36 AM

The price of the Kncminer will easily triple in price very soon, because those purchase the avalon and DIY are already selling those 72gh/s complete unit at 75btc or more, for 350gh/s it should easily costs 350btc if using the price those DIY Avalon guys are selling for complete set. is like 1btc per gh/s..

A klondike16 running at 4.5GH/s will cost you about 2.2BTC w/o PSU (≃30W). That's about 0.5BTC per GH/s. So yes, they might raise the price 3x to 175BTC (≃22K USD w/o VAT) for a 350GH/s machine and still be competitive (unless Avalon lowers the price of their chips).

With high prices like that, ppl will turn to smaller units. This is not especially a bad thing, as it will mean a much lower difficulty increase and will allow for a lot of small configurations to stay profitable longer (bar a crash in BTC value).
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2013, 07:37:16 AM

There's enough proof showing that Sam exist. I firmly believe that Andreas Kennemar exist. But, these guys are not all cut out as they want you to believe. They may have tinkered in Bitcoin a tad, but that's it. What they see is an opportunity for THEMSELVES.

Let me ask you this: If you would have met Tom Van Riper in person, would you have done business with him, all things considered? I'm afraid you're going to be just as disappointed if you get the opportunity to shake hands with Sam.

Bottom line, they're just a couple middle-class folks who've dabbled in the computer trade.
Gabit

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 08:42:15 AM

There's enough proof showing that Sam exist. I firmly believe that Andreas Kennemar exist. But, these guys are not all cut out as they want you to believe. They may have tinkered in Bitcoin a tad, but that's it. What they see is an opportunity for THEMSELVES.

Noooo. Like me, I thought everyone was on this because sake of the humanity. Shame on them, shaaaame.

Let me ask you this: If you would have met Tom Van Riper in person, would you have done business with him, all things considered? I'm afraid you're going to be just as disappointed if you get the opportunity to shake hands with Sam.

Wtf? Now we are judging people on how they look or feel?

Bottom line, they're just a couple middle-class folks who've dabbled in the computer trade.

What their social status have to do with anything? "dabbed" How the hell you know about what they are capable off?

Just stop. Please. We all like that we have our own scam-o-matic on this forum, but please, you're acting ridiculously. This is starting to look more that you need them to be scam, because you have invested so much of your reputation to claim that they are. Those last three reasons are pure BS (actually you have been making ass of your self, quite a time now). If I would judge anyone according to those rules, I wouldn't do business even with my left arm (And I tell you, its acting really funny some times). Just stop. If they are scam, you can celebrate and gloat all you want, but what you are now doing is giving a points to the not-scam-camp because you're acting like you have your head up in your ass. Go front of a mirror, and reevaluate the situation. Best course of action is just shut the fuck up, and wait them to scam, and if not, start making apology speech.
a1phanumrc

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 08:44:00 AM

Sam was very helpful today transferring a pre-order.

They seem to be doing things right over there.

BC tips: BA1phaSEpCN7jiSS33SSWXf3Bs1rP9SKir
KS

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 09:09:07 AM

Sam was very helpful today transferring a pre-order.

They seem to be doing things right over there.

What things, other than facilitating OTC pre-order queue placement resale? Could you back this up please?
wo0x

Activity: 127

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 09:22:33 AM

I have some very nice low order number ( below 100)  from 1st batch let me know if you are interested  Smiley

Please check the seller's SHILL date prior to following through with any purchase.

Name:   kevcoins
Date Registered:   April 10, 2013, 06:09:34 AM
Last Active:   Today at 11:31:54 AM

Thanks, I will know, how to become a hero member with > 13000 posts now  Grin

But becoming serious: KnCminer is turning to crap now. When they start gathering interest, as they provided in the first some ppl  just waited for options to do actual pre-order, to become early investors. But sam and cole just kiss early birds on their interest list, not those that are willing to finance production of jupiters by buying mars products.

This looks like IT consultancy, making lots of money with bad hints for clients, that even have less ideas of how to get their problems sorted out, carrying other lobbies around. Anyone checked http://hitta.se right now?

----

Is there anyone, who is not interested in KnC-Miner seriously (i.e. just got his place on the interest-list for fun or curiousity) and will make it his/her interest-no., what became an actual ordernumber right now, a present to me?

KS

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 09:47:38 AM

I have some very nice low order number ( below 100)  from 1st batch let me know if you are interested  Smiley

Name:   kevcoins
Date Registered:   April 10, 2013, 06:09:34 AM
Last Active:   Today at 11:31:54 AM

Thanks, I will know, how to become a hero member with > 13000 posts now  Grin

But becoming serious: KnCminer is turning to crap now. When they start gathering interest, as they provided in the first some ppl  just waited for options to do actual pre-order, to become early investors. But sam and cole just kiss early birds on their interest list, not those that are willing to finance production of jupiters by buying mars products.

This looks like IT consultancy, making lots of money with bad hints for clients, that even have less ideas of how to get their problems sorted out, carrying other lobbies around. Anyone checked http://hitta.se right now?

----

Is there anyone, who is not interested in KnC-Miner seriously (i.e. just got his place on the interest-list for fun or curiousity) and will make it his/her interest-no., what became an actual ordernumber right now, a present to me?

Check this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=170332.0

Pretty much all you want to know about KNC.
TheSwede75

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 07:23:34 PM
Last edit: June 02, 2013, 07:59:17 PM by TheSwede75

Sincerely.

huh?  They said there is no problem transferring the pre-order to another person.  Look around.  Pre-orders are being sold left and right.
I just want to sell mine.  What is your problem?   I don't want for people to lose money.  What are you talking about?

This...

(I've underlined the bits you may not have paid attention to)

Actually I think of it differently

What annoys me more than anything is people on eBay/or here selling pre orders for boxes. When the person buying has no chance of actually knowing if the box will ever arrive at his/her door because the original company doesn't allow a change of shipping address,

There is enough scamming in this industry already. I do not want to see our boxes or queue placements being used at all to scam anyone out of money and if i can spend a few minutes to fight that I will.

If this offends anyone then so be it. I would rather that than have you lose your coins to someone who claims to have a queue placement, or a full pre order who in actual fact does not.

After payments are made and the queue does indeed become longer. We know that queue trading is gong to happen and as we cant stop it the best we can do is try to make sure no one gets scamm
ed.

Sam

Sure. I just found a buyer and I emailed Sam to ask for permission to transfer my pre-order.
So we'll see if the transfer can be done without the actual purchase.

I can confirm that KNC is transferring pre-orders without receiving payment or placing the actual orders.
I just sold my pre-order ID (<40) to myrond.

KNC has indeed stated that they will help pre-order customers transfer their order if they cannot/choose to not make payment.

Advice to possible pre-order purchasers though: Order number does not matter! From what I have been told they will produce the entire pre-order batch, test it and ship it at the same time. This means that order nr are of no consequence, the only thing that matters is that the order is valid and in their system.

I would suggest to any buyers that you either wait until the order shows up in the KNC miner system for logged in users (this week) or require the seller to provide order nr and a confirmation email from KNC miner that the order is indeed valid, and tied to an email address under the control of he seller.

dan99

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 04:40:47 AM

Definitely a low order number is better than a higher ones, otherwise why would someone book early, what is the point. Remember if you choose to buy pre order always look for those within the 500 batch. After the demo and open day the Price of the Pre-order will shoot Up if confirm to our satisfaction. Wink
suryc

Activity: 298

Play2Live pre-sale starts on January 25th

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 05:07:44 AM

At the risk of being attacked for encouraging this behavior, I would like to buy a low Pre-Order spot (less than 500). If you have one you are willing to sell, please PM me your offers. Serious sellers only. Thanks.

I suggest this method for finalizing the transaction, but we can do it another way if you like:
After we agree on a price, you send an e-mail to kncminer with your order number and CC me. In that email state that you are interested in transferring your order number to me when a BTC address of your choice is filled to the amount of BTC we agree upon.  When kncminer confirms that the order number exists and is owned by you and that they will transfer it when the funds are shown at your BTC address,  I will send the agreed amount to that BTC address and reply to you and kncminer with a link to the transaction/account on blockchain.info of the amount asked for by you, so they can go ahead and complete the transfer of the order number.

PLAY
            ▄██████████████▄
          ▄██▀▀██████████████▄
        ▄██▀    ▀██████████████▄
      ▄██▀        ▀██████████████▄
    ▄██▀   ██████▄  ▀██████████████▄
  ▄██▀          ██    ▀██████████████▄
 ███       ▄█████▀      ███████████████
  ▀██▄    ▐██         ▄██████████████▀
    ▀██▄  ▐██████▌  ▄██████████████▀
      ▀██▄        ▄██████████████▀
        ▀██▄    ▄██████████████▀
          ▀██▄▄██████████████▀
            ▀██████████████▀
LIVE
██████
███▀▀▀
███

███
███▄▄▄
██████
██████
▀▀▀███
███

███
▄▄▄███
██████
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2013, 07:51:59 AM

Full Disclose: I concur that I, too, received an email pertaining to a pre-order I GAVE AWAY.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: