Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:16:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What happens when there is NO electricity? How does one trade with BTC?  (Read 3076 times)
crazy-pilot

Activity: 861
Merit: 253

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2018, 09:45:49 AM

When it comes to this kind of situation the trading and your investments are not the things you should care about. What really matter is everyone's life and safety.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...The Open..............
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████████▀        ███████
████████▀        ▄█████████
█████████       ▄▀▀██████████
█████████     ▄▀   ▀█████████
██████████  ▄▀      █████████
█████████▀▀       ▄████████
███████        ▄█████████
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
uozer

Activity: 381
Merit: 100

PRiVCY

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 10:55:06 AM

Little or no energy power supply could destroy so many things when majorly all businesses are halted or disrupted and income earning means becomes so difficult, which may even at the end of the day turns to A persistent Inflation in that economy, when there is invariably low production output. This situation is just tantamount to same in application with Bitcoin that can hardly long lasting with its effective workings on Blockchain that consumes nothing to function other than strong and constant electricity supply.
I feel Alternative or Substitute medium must always be soughted or prepared for in any case such issue arises, eg. Electricity Generating Set, though might be more costlier, but that remain one of the last opportunities.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project  ☞ Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 02:05:02 PM

When it comes to this kind of situation the trading and your investments are not the things you should care about. What really matter is everyone's life and safety.
Don't overreact to this thing because when it comes for all of a sudden, a shutdown of electricity it is not always about danger because sometimes it is just their place that doesn't have electricity or a brownout. If there is no electricity then there will be a lot of conflicts in almost all of the aspects and not just the safety.
potterbean5

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 02:06:36 PM

In natural calamities if anyone has to restarin from btcs for a few days, i ont think there is any harm to him or her.
ribm4

Activity: 89

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 12:20:31 PM

Natural calamities are bound to happen so we need to pepare ourselves before any how.
Bionicgalaxy

Activity: 317
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 03:33:10 PM

We hear in the news that many people in countries that have currency issues are starting to trade in BTC - for example, Venezula.

My friend asked me what about in regions where they lose electricity, how would they trade with BTC?

For example Puerto Rico is right now devastated by the hurricane, and many parts of its region don't have electricity.  A lot of people need to buy food and even fresh water.

Is there a way to still trade with BTC in such situations?  

Can P2P trade still occur despite having any connection to the greater block-chain network?  Keep in mind that it's easy to charge mobile phone so they have access to wallet apps, but probably not the Internet.

I don't know too much about mobile data networks, but I doubt one's 4G/LTE data plan would work in such situations.  I assume that data would have to be relayed to a tower/dish before it's sent to satellites.  Am I correct?

In my own personal opinion, if there are no electricity in your place means you can't use any of your technology and you don't have any internet connection, so you can't do anything for you to trade or access in bitcoin because there are no electricity and internet connection. You need to find another way for you to have a electricity and a internet for you to access in bitcoin.
zergenyt09

Activity: 297

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 05:15:17 AM

First of all, what you need to have set up for making profit from the bitcoin is the Internec connection which is why that would not be possible without the electricity and would significantly stop the whole trading process.
This is a very much common principal that if you want to perform any kind of transaction or any other thing related to that of the crypto currencies, then you do need to have some good internet connection, a laptop or tablet and even electricity as well. Without these components, you will find it very much difficult to do anything related to that of the crypto currencies. in that case, crypto currencies will be of no use.
jambul_kribo

Activity: 980
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 05:23:33 AM

No electricity = No internet connection. So, you can't broadcast your transaction to the Blockchain. Actually, electricity is the main source in this world. So, it's impossible to trade it with BTC.
it means no cryptocurrency right now.without eletricity we could not doing any economic activity.for now on its very vital for our life.from daily needs and industry  , need electricity to run it.

▄▄▄ ▄▄  ███▄████▄ ▄▄▄
████████▄███████████
▄█
██████████████████▄███
▀█████████████████████▀
██████████████████
██████████████
███████████
▐███████████████████▌
███████████████████
▐█████████████████▌
███████▀▄▀███████
▐██████▄▀▀██████▌
▀▀███████████▀▀
                          ███
                         ▀▀▀
                    ███▄▀
                   ▄
▀▀▀
             ▄███▄▀      ████
       ▄███▄▀ ▀▀▀        ████
  ███▄▀ ▀▀▀        █████ ████
  ▀▀▀              █████ ████
             █████ ████ ████
       █████ ████ ████ ████
 ████ ████ ████ ████ ████
 ████ ████ ████ ████ ████
███████████████████████████████
VALUE INCREASES
    NEVER DECREASES
THE WORLD'S MOST POWERFUL
STORE OF VALUE CURRENCY

|     Twitter     |   Facebook  |  Instagram  |   Telegram  |    Discord    |
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
████████████████████████████████████████     ███████████
BUY NOW

███████████     ████████████████████████████████████████
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
00DKM@

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 05:45:22 AM

There will not be any deals or models that can grow without a power electricity source. Even so, people can return to ancient times with stagnant economic, social and life development. That proves that, Power electricity is the source of development and it is the foundation for the development of society. We can not deny the importance of electricity as well as the role of the internet in modern day life.
Tynovten_

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 08:11:48 AM
Last edit: May 19, 2018, 10:45:56 AM by Tynovten_

Electricity in this modern era is very important, not only in btc trading when you experience disaster you of course indirectly think about trading and indirectly you will do the trader. And if you want trade then you must wait it for recovery again.

PayneCharity

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 08:16:39 AM

If there is no electricity then we should turn off the computer and go out with friends. Or maybe go to a family picnic. We can not trade Bitcoin without electricity
Bellator

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 08:32:32 AM

We hear in the news that many people in countries that have currency issues are starting to trade in BTC - for example, Venezula.

My friend asked me what about in regions where they lose electricity, how would they trade with BTC?

For example Puerto Rico is right now devastated by the hurricane, and many parts of its region don't have electricity.  A lot of people need to buy food and even fresh water.

Can P2P trade still occur despite having any connection to the greater block-chain network?  Keep in mind that it's easy to charge mobile phone so they have access to wallet apps, but probably not the Internet.

I don't know too much about mobile data networks, but I doubt one's 4G/LTE data plan would work in such situations.  I assume that data would have to be relayed to a tower/dish before it's sent to satellites.  Am I correct?

Probably we can't do trading without electricity,any transactions needs electricity,specially the blockchain technology.As we all know that our gadgets couldn't last longer time even if it is fully charged,its very hard to use bitcoins without the power of electricity.
If the said country were devastated by typhoons or any disaster, restoration of electricity would really take time.I think there is possible or alternative way to get energy from the sun with the use of solar panels that can provide electricity,but what makes it negative is ,not anyone could provide it due to its price seems so expensive.

Scavagers

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 09:08:26 AM

if there is shortage of electricity, or blackout in the entire country due to a natural calamity like heavy storms or earthquakes,your main problem will be how will you survive.It will be extremely hot especially in tropical countries,but if you still like to do trading after that,I think if you have reserved battery like power banks, you can charge there and when there is no internet, I think mobile datas can do since they act almost similar.
LuciferEveningStar

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 09:13:43 AM

Cryptocurrency will be obviously stopped immediately since there will be internet as well , electricity is needed by every company on the entire world so how can you live without electricity.
waywethe

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 09:17:17 AM

No electricity means no internet. You will not be able to trade Bitcoin if you do not have internet. and everyone will be in crisis. But I think Bitcoin will not be worth it
Kakawate

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 10:04:14 AM

If there is no electricity, then what is the point of using gadgets? There would be no computer, no internet and no cryptos, so its easy to say that without electricity these new technologies we have today wouldnt be possible or in a simpler word nothing, we got nothing but people roaming around the world.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬ |  𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻    ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬
▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ Hard fork Ethereum  ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬  11.1.19  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ANN  ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬ All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Telegram  ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter  ▬▬▬▬  White Paper  ▬▬▬ ▬▬
dz roknroll27

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 07:24:45 PM

And if there is no electricity, internet access would be disconnected. Bмecтe мнoгиe люди дaют cтpaнe xopoшyю экoнoмикy, нo в кoнeчнoм итoгe бyдyт бeз элeктpичecтвa.
domerosan10

Activity: 192

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 08:03:42 PM

If the electricity does not exist, yes of course the bitcoin will never be present in this world or the bitcoin dies. There is no other way to trade bitcoin, if there is no electricity. Because bitcoin is electric money and digital money.
PonyBoy

Activity: 313

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 07:19:13 AM

Considering that the majority of the existing financial services is not reliable, for example such legacy banking platforms as SWIFT, which hackers have compromised, the security of bitcoin is safer.
NewRanger

Activity: 1568
Merit: 333

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2018, 07:25:06 AM

If the electricity does not exist, yes of course the bitcoin will never be present in this world or the bitcoin dies. There is no other way to trade bitcoin, if there is no electricity. Because bitcoin is electric money and digital money.
is it possible to use short message service to send bitcoin? i heard that roumor from facebook group that i could be happen as alternative if internet connection down.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: