Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:37:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What happens when there is NO electricity? How does one trade with BTC?  (Read 3076 times)
kuckong

Activity: 184
Merit: 10

Token That Will Transform The Venture Capital Mark

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 03:52:05 PM

We hear in the news that many people in countries that have currency issues are starting to trade in BTC - for example, Venezula.

My friend asked me what about in regions where they lose electricity, how would they trade with BTC?

For example Puerto Rico is right now devastated by the hurricane, and many parts of its region don't have electricity.  A lot of people need to buy food and even fresh water.

Is there a way to still trade with BTC in such situations?  

Can P2P trade still occur despite having any connection to the greater block-chain network?  Keep in mind that it's easy to charge mobile phone so they have access to wallet apps, but probably not the Internet.

I don't know too much about mobile data networks, but I doubt one's 4G/LTE data plan would work in such situations.  I assume that data would have to be relayed to a tower/dish before it's sent to satellites.  Am I correct?

I really agree with your writing. bitcoin is very beneficial for people who have it. the benefits of bitcoin in my opinion very much. when compared to banks, bitcoin will be better than the bank. By saving or investing in bitcoin, you will receive more profit. and in an emergency, bitcoin is indeed much more efficient and easier in all transactions. and in a very urgent case, you can take it by converting into your daily currency. I hope the news as in Puerto Rico does not happen in our country.

"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
yanlap

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 09:39:54 PM

I think it is impossible if there is no electricity in our lives. all bitcoin trading activities will be paralyzed and will not be able to walk again. and all investors will suffer huge losses and economic destruction will occur worldwide.

Sometimes blackouts happens, even in united states of america. So without electricity, one can't execute a transaction, he can't transfer, he can't send or receive bitcoins. Also internet the same, without it, the network connection is not presented.
In the world of the crypto currencies, the role of the electricity is very much important and that there is no possible way that you can do anything without having an internet connection or electricity. You need to have both the things, only then you can think of performing any kind of transaction or operation. In case there is no electricity, you need to wait until and unless light comes back.
christina30

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 10:41:13 AM

One of the most important is electricity when doing trade with BTC everyone is affecting to it, we all know we need internet or power to transact if no electricity it will not work because crypto is basically a blockchain technology that need internet network.so its really important not just us people with BTC but with everyone
yanixbtc

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 12:26:44 PM

One of the most important is electricity when doing trade with BTC everyone is affecting to it, we all know we need internet or power to transact if no electricity it will not work because crypto is basically a blockchain technology that need internet network.so its really important not just us people with BTC but with everyone

Yeah, definitely. So if that’s the case then you should find another way where to transact. If electricity is out maybe you need to go some place where electricity is available. Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies is not available offline. It need electricity and internet connection.

ekalak manjeng

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 02:39:26 PM

if there is no electricity then all activities that use electricity will be offline, let alone trading activities with btc who need internet network then it will not be online because there is no electricity.
joebrook

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 03:28:01 PM

if there is no electricity then all activities that use electricity will be offline, let alone trading activities with btc who need internet network then it will not be online because there is no electricity.
It’s actually the internet that’s crucial for the use and the trade of the internet, Electricity is rather more important to the miners because without it they will be able to do their work.Whiles the internet is important for both the mining and trading of bitcoins.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Best Dreams

Activity: 1008
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 09:08:30 AM

Yeah, definitely. So if that’s the case then you should find another way where to transact. If electricity is out maybe you need to go some place where electricity is available. Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies is not available offline. It need electricity and internet connection.

Off course electricity is the most trigging factor for bitcoin transaction, if the power system will get off or get cut I think it will not work but now there are some kind of alternative system of electricity that we can use for transaction as that is solar electricity system which gives power to make transacting in the absence of electricity, so I think gradually we are switching to new technologies and noting is impossible now.
Nyenyepogi

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 09:53:15 AM

We hear in the news that many people in countries that have currency issues are starting to trade in BTC - for example, Venezula.

My friend asked me what about in regions where they lose electricity, how would they trade with BTC?

For example Puerto Rico is right now devastated by the hurricane, and many parts of its region don't have electricity.  A lot of people need to buy food and even fresh water.

Can P2P trade still occur despite having any connection to the greater block-chain network?  Keep in mind that it's easy to charge mobile phone so they have access to wallet apps, but probably not the Internet.

I don't know too much about mobile data networks, but I doubt one's 4G/LTE data plan would work in such situations.  I assume that data would have to be relayed to a tower/dish before it's sent to satellites.  Am I correct?

This is the problem if the electricity is cut down you can't connect to the internet and you can't do trading, If you have a generator maybe you can possibly connect again but the problem when the natural calamity strikes your town for sure all the system will down even mobile internet cannot connect also because cellular satellites will be affected in that matters.
Pelevelyl

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 10:14:22 AM

We all need electricity as well as food, so everything will be fine, electricity will be supplied without interruptions.
roflmao129

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 10:52:18 AM

If there is no electricity, there will be many things that are important than trading that we need to focus on. I will think about how to survive in that scenario rather than what happens to my online balance.
However, since our world are very developed, it is hard for the for the electricity disappear for more than 12 hours

Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 01:15:17 PM

If there is no electricity, there will be many things that are important than trading that we need to focus on. I will think about how to survive in that scenario rather than what happens to my online balance.
However, since our world are very developed, it is hard for the for the electricity disappear for more than 12 hours
That is a good point because all of the countries have their own back up plans if something goes wrong and that is why the electricity will not gone for a long hours because as soon as the electricity goes out then the people will just call the authorities then they will just fix it and bring back the electricity again.
Flayme

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 01:39:14 PM

Electricity is the major capital of crypto user....  Without it we can't perform our works here....  Our job here needed it just like how we hardly need the internet.... It is very hard to work if we are lack of it especially if we get devastated by storm,  hurricane and other calamities that surely could ruin the connection of electricity.... It will bring a very big problem especially if the country you've belong needed a lots of time before it survive.... It is the most common problem of crypto user...  But if we want everything nothing could obstruct us to do what we want....
ChConcept

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 02:22:08 PM

Well if a natural calamity hits our area, personally, I would be so busy making sure all my family members are perfectly safe and then after which I will ensure that we have our home, and supplies like food, toiletries, water, first aid kits and emergency kits. What I am saying is, I will not have time for trading or thinking about Bitcoin in times like that, so no worries. I am sure, I will exchange my coins once th power is back for me to be able to get money for rehabilitation and recovery of my family and our home.

╔═◼ CARDSTACK ◼═╗
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet (https://cardstack.com/)
crazy-pilot

Activity: 861
Merit: 253

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2018, 10:13:54 AM

First of all, what you need to have set up for making profit from the bitcoin is the Internec connection which is why that would not be possible without the electricity and would significantly stop the whole trading process.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...The Open..............
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████████▀        ███████
████████▀        ▄█████████
█████████       ▄▀▀██████████
█████████     ▄▀   ▀█████████
██████████  ▄▀      █████████
█████████▀▀       ▄████████
███████        ▄█████████
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Lagrood

Activity: 728

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 11:22:29 AM

Nohow! BTC does not work without internet as well as a plastic cards. To be sure you may visit any developing country and especially villages. You are welcome. But I do not consider that it is awfully because we can make comparing with cars. Cars also cannot work without fuel and for that we have fuel stations everywhere. Imagine that your fuel tank is empty and there is no fuel station near you it means that your car does not go anymore as well as BTC without internet.
ufalo3

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 02:42:44 PM

If this will happen no electricity in your place i think the best way to do is go to your friend or relatives on nearby towns who have electricity and have transactions with your bitcoin in order to have something to use in buying supplies for the family in times of disaster.

Yes, this is an advice that can be used. Meanwhile, I would not risk even to start dealing with the cryptocurrency if I would live in the region with the problems like that.
Betheng10

Activity: 238

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 02:54:28 PM

It's called electronic currencies because it needs a computer and internet to function. Any form of transaction with crypto's are impossible without electricity, and this is one of the negative things about crypto's.

You cannot engage in any transactions using crypto's during disasters or calamities.

BitcoinCommodor

Activity: 504
Merit: 106

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 05:05:20 AM

Electricity is not an issue these days because we have many alternative ways of producing electricity besides simply relying on national source of electricity. There are solar panels which are perfect alternative and safe as well. So many people are using them to save electricity even when they have very good supply to their houses. So I think we can still use bitcoin when there are such energy crisis.
dogz12

Activity: 210
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 05:16:23 AM

If there is no alternative source of energy then you simply cannot transact or trade if you do not have electricity. You can ask somebody who you can trust and do the transactions in your favor or move to another place that has electricity.
sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1128

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 06:24:07 AM

I think there is nothing more than this stupid question. Seriously, like why people are asking such dumpy questions. Although this platform is all about learning and asking the queries they have in their mind. But still we must show some maturity while asking different sort of questions. Every little kid knows that if the light is gone, you can’t just run any electric appliance so how it would be different for bitcoins or crypto?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: