Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 01:31:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What happens when there is NO electricity? How does one trade with BTC?  (Read 3076 times)
Omnipotent1

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 08:29:05 AM

That's something that I never consider, because there are a lot of countries that get interruptions in their electricity, from a few minutes to hours. I guess Crypto as an everyday currency might not be good for them. Perhaps they can use devices with batteries such as a smartphone. But in poor countries many people are not going to have one.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Axelseseclevz

Activity: 313
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 10:30:35 PM

If there's a temporarily cutting off of electricity supply for some reasons in your area,you should wait for the time that it will resume. But,if you are totally living in urban place and no electricity,why you will stay there if you are thinking for BTC trading activity.

MEXC Português  |  Trade Anywhere with the MEXC App
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      MEXC.com      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Dark Sky

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 11:52:10 PM

If there's a temporarily cutting off of electricity supply for some reasons in your area,you should wait for the time that it will resume. But,if you are totally living in urban place and no electricity,why you will stay there if you are thinking for BTC trading activity.
If some people live in those area where electricity is not available and they want to trade in bitcoin so they can buy solar penal and then start trading if they have money for buying solar penal but if they have no money so they can go other place and start trading in bitcoin and earn much more money in bitcoin, but if a temporary load shedding in a place or country so they can use mobile data for trading, so it is not a big issue because everything can possible in the world if you want.

thundercrystal

Activity: 334
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 11:59:23 PM

Bitcoin is an opportunity of earning a lot of money, however it needs a protection, without which it would no longer be yours and somebody else will have it.
Electrecity is a big factor for all of the user or for all of the trader of bitcoin, because when there are no electricity no people can able to trade there bitcoin and electricity is very important because without electricity there will be no internet and without internet we can not able to used our bitcoin and other coins.

▄▄█
      ▄▄█████
  ▄▄█████████       ██▄▄
██████████▀▀        ██████
██████▀▀  ▄▄█       ██████
██████ ▄████▀       ██████
██████ █▀▀      ▄▄█ ██████
██████       ▄████▀ ██████
██████       █▀▀  ▄▄██████
██████        ▄▄██████████
  ▀▀██       █████████▀▀
             █████▀▀
             █▀▀
.FiiiCoin..
Making Cryptocurrency
Available to All,
for All Purposes

████▄▄
████████▄▄
████████████▄▄
████████████████
████████████▀▀
████████▀▀
████▀▀
███████████  ██▄
██           ████▄
██           ██ ▀██▄
██           ████████
██  ███████      
██                 ██
██  █████████████  ██
██                 ██
██  █████████████  ██
██                 ██
██  █████████████  ██
██                 ██
█████████████████████
WHITEPAPER
YELLOWPAPER
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Kodok Bencot

Activity: 994
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 04:05:52 AM

If there is no electricity then we can be sure that we can not use bitcoin, everyone understands that the electrical effect is very big in life, and without electricity then life feels useless or dead.
fcf1081

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 06:15:00 AM

transaction cannot be process, because you cant used any electronics device like computer, mobile etc. This is disaster to bitcoin holder hopefully this is not happen in future. And if this happen I know more people can discover how to make electricity like generator or natural resources like sun, wind etc.
Maddinson100

Activity: 363

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 06:26:18 AM

no one can trade with Bitcoin if there's no electricity at all. we all know the basic things needed to trade with Bitcoin. and one of the most important things in trading or using Bitcoin is the Electricity. Of course, it is the main source to have an Internet Connection and for us to be able our electronic devices. so without it, Bitcoin will not work at all.
This one is really a stupid question and we have to answer this thing very differently. Look if something is based on electricity and it is called as digital currency. Then how can you expect such a stupid thing that if there is no basic thing for it to exist, will that thing still exist. No, definitely no. bitcoins can’t just be used if there is no electricity at all and you are just free to do anything else.
AIRDROPSQUAD

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

PLAYHALL - SKILL GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 10:43:43 AM

no one can trade with Bitcoin if there's no electricity at all. we all know the basic things needed to trade with Bitcoin. and one of the most important things in trading or using Bitcoin is the Electricity. Of course, it is the main source to have an Internet Connection and for us to be able our electronic devices. so without it, Bitcoin will not work at all.
This one is really a stupid question and we have to answer this thing very differently. Look if something is based on electricity and it is called as digital currency. Then how can you expect such a stupid thing that if there is no basic thing for it to exist, will that thing still exist. No, definitely no. bitcoins can’t just be used if there is no electricity at all and you are just free to do anything else.

Yes  I know, this is maybe a stupid question.
But honestly I just wait someone answer this question with out of the box answer.

Btcschool

Activity: 488

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 08:06:12 AM

Well that would suck, but there are people working on this solution everyday! I found out only a couple of days ago that this new startup is launching an application so you can do offline transactions. Only catch is that it costs $179 but still when they get this technology widespread the cost will be next to nothing! https://thenextweb.com/hardfork/2018/05/15/app-trade-bitcoin-without-internet/
It is good for all investors of bitcoin and also for new ones because internet is the main issue and if there is no electricity, there will be no internet and it means that one cannot trade in bitcoin. But now people will relax that they can exchange offline. Cost is no matter because as you mentioned it will come down when technology improves.

munareal

Activity: 644
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 08:42:23 AM

This situation showed that the world can not do with out fiat currency. There will be no  crypto currencies  transactions with out internet and electricity so having the two is the best option.
darkangelosme

Activity: 680
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 09:09:13 AM

We hear in the news that many people in countries that have currency issues are starting to trade in BTC - for example, Venezula.

My friend asked me what about in regions where they lose electricity, how would they trade with BTC?

For example Puerto Rico is right now devastated by the hurricane, and many parts of its region don't have electricity.  A lot of people need to buy food and even fresh water.

Is there a way to still trade with BTC in such situations?  

Can P2P trade still occur despite having any connection to the greater block-chain network?  Keep in mind that it's easy to charge mobile phone so they have access to wallet apps, but probably not the Internet.

I don't know too much about mobile data networks, but I doubt one's 4G/LTE data plan would work in such situations.  I assume that data would have to be relayed to a tower/dish before it's sent to satellites.  Am I correct?

Wow  Shocked dude your question is very simple, but yet this is one of the most brain shaking for me  Grin. For me if that's the case all crypto or even your other source of income in online world will gonna stop. Thanks for this now i know what is the most big problem for is in crypto world, it is without electricity unless you have a portable generator Cheesy.
chelle5

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 10:46:43 AM

Without electricity you can not do nothing, just wait until you have. That is the bad news in internet, may be there is a solution but we don't know yet.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │       T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  21st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Reddit           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
acener

Activity: 1274
Merit: 115

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 11:14:10 AM

We hear in the news that many people in countries that have currency issues are starting to trade in BTC - for example, Venezula.

My friend asked me what about in regions where they lose electricity, how would they trade with BTC?

For example Puerto Rico is right now devastated by the hurricane, and many parts of its region don't have electricity.  A lot of people need to buy food and even fresh water.

Is there a way to still trade with BTC in such situations?  

Can P2P trade still occur despite having any connection to the greater block-chain network?  Keep in mind that it's easy to charge mobile phone so they have access to wallet apps, but probably not the Internet.

I don't know too much about mobile data networks, but I doubt one's 4G/LTE data plan would work in such situations.  I assume that data would have to be relayed to a tower/dish before it's sent to satellites.  Am I correct?

We couldn't do anything about it because electricity is one of our major requirement to access cryptocurrency. I believe that it is really important for us to have an stable internet and an electric source. If we don't have it, we must have atleast an alternative like solar energy supply or generator.

IamSaitama

Activity: 67
Merit: 5

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 11:23:24 AM

The answer could be find a place where there is electricity and internet connection at the same time. Because cryptocurrencies only exists in the virtual world.  So there would be no other way to trade coins without bot the internet and electricity. Maybe you could sell flashdrives, CDs, and other storage devices that has bitcoin inside it but without electricity you cannot open that storage device because to open it you would need a laptop, computer, phone, and other gadgets capable of reading this storage devices that needs electricity to operate. In short, when the world loses the electricity which disables people from using internet and gadgets, this coin would be useless and your money would also be lost.

ContractVault.io
Next Generation Agreements for Everyone on The Ethereum Blockchain
■ ▄▀ ██  TOKEN SALE  ❱  MAY 1st  ██ ▀▄ ■
CaVO32

Activity: 1848
Merit: 158

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 11:27:01 AM

just checking other's opinions here. and the bottomline of course is, you really can't trade without electricity going on. just that simple. so if you want to have off grid electricity, build your own source like solar panels, wind turbine, etc..
stephanirain

Activity: 756
Merit: 257

Freshdice.com

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 11:49:00 AM

Very simple you can't trade without electricity because you can't used your computer nor your internet to access in bitcoin. A good thing to do if you have no electricity is to find a place that has a electricity or used a generator for you to have an electricity and to trade with bitcoin.

░▓███▓▓▓▓▒▒          
                        ▒██▒      ▓██▓▒▒█▓▓▒      
                ░▓███▓▓▒▓▓██▓      ▒██████    
          ░▓███░      ▒█▓▒░  ▒███████████  
      ▒██▓▒░  ▒▓███▓      ▒▓▓▓█████████░  
  ░██▓        ▒▓▒░    ░▓▓▓▓▓███████▓███▓  
▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ░▒▒▓▓▓███████▓      ███  
███████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████      ░███▒
▒██▒▓██████▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████  ▒█████
  ▓█    ▒██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████▓███████
    █▓    ▒██▓▓▓█▓▓▓████████▒    ░██████▒
    ▓██▒▓█▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓████████      ▒██████▓
      ██████▓█▓█▓█▓████████▒  ▓███████▒
       ▓███████████▓▓█████████████████
         ▓███████████▓█████░    ▓███████░
           ███████    ▓██████▓      ▓█████▓  
           ░▓█████▒    ▓██████    ▓████▓    
              ░▓████▓   ▒███████████▓      
                 ░▓█████████████▓▓▒        
                         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░            
Fresh Dice||||||Dice Now!
ymirymir

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 12:51:44 PM

That is one of the limitations of cryptocurrency. It is not accessible without internet connection, gadgets and electricity. So, if ever there's a big calamity, there will be no way to access your wallet or even to trade.
pandanaran

Activity: 1048

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 01:21:59 PM

If there is no electricity they can not even turn on the computer or get internet network, if there is no electricity they can not trade crytpo, all you have to do is look for alternative power source, or move location of residence.

jeraldskie11

Activity: 1260
Merit: 356

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 01:27:32 PM

You can't trade bitcoin and altcoins if you don't have electricity because in doing trading you need an internet connection to access it so if you want to do this then you need to do a way like load to your phone so you will get a connection. So if you really want to do an trading make sure that you have a internet connection because it is the way to do it.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
███████████▀▌▄▀██████████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
██████▄███▀▀██▀██████████
█████████▌█████████▌█████
█████████▌█████████▌█████
██████████▄███▄███▀██████
████████████████▀▀███████
███████████▀▀▀███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▀▀████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
Available in
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Tan_avia)vl.

Activity: 210

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 01:28:44 PM

There is no other way if there is no electricity. But I think that if there is no electricity in the country or the population has no money to pay for it, the people will be least worried cryptocurrency.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: