Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 09:15:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What if another altcoin surpasses BTC in value?  (Read 3916 times)
bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2017, 11:46:12 AM

I would stay with Bitcoins.
But i also would invest in a Coin which is rising rapidly and seems to bypass BTC in the next Weeks/Months
I don't think i would sell all my BTC just to buy more of the "more valuable" coin at that time.
BTC is on the market for a pretty long time.. this gives safety.

This of course is a different thing if BTC drops to the bottom pretty rapidly..

nocturnalsheet

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 11:48:26 AM

bitcoin is the king, unlikely any coin will surpass the value man
MiBambino

Activity: 644
Merit: 252

IMUSIFY - Award Winning Blockchain Music Tech

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 11:52:49 AM

every next fork leads to less trust to btc. so may be there is chance for altcoins.

that's incorrect, with every succesful fork trust grows

imusify
  FacebookTwitterTelegramRedditANN  ❱ MediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN 
Award Winning Blockchain Music Platform
                                                                                                                     Backed By NEO

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
 ▗██▘                                        ▝██▖
 ██                                            ██
▐█▌                                            ▐█▌
██   █▌            ▐███▄▄                       ██
██                 ▐█▌ ▀██▄▄                    ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄                ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌       ▄███               ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌   ▄▄██▀▀                 ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌▄███▀                     ██
██   ▀▘            ▐██▀▀                        ██
▐█▌                                            ▐█▌
 ██                                            ██
 ▝██▄                                        ▄██▘
   ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Explainer
Video
olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 11:58:54 AM

Instead of we assuming what will happen, I think its better we all wait till that time to know what we will happen the reason is because human beings by default like to predict their behaviour before hand only to behave on the contrary when faced with such scenerio. For those that are saying its not possible, I am sure several would be the first to dump btc in case that should happen for the next best alternative.
jyotianand01

Activity: 980
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2017, 12:00:33 PM

Anything can happen any time but no coin has that much value to surpass BTC. Maybe it will happen in future as no one can predict the future of anything and altcoin market is very volatile now a days. Till date, no coin can surpass BTC in any circumstances.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀   
WPPENERGY
.World Power Production.

INNOVATION LEADERS IN THE GLOBAL
    RENEWABLE ENERGY INDUSTRY

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀   

..INQUIRE..
━━━━━━━━
TheBTCAlex

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Back from Vacation!

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 12:14:59 PM

Definitely possible but not very likely, since there are more miners for BTC and also a lot more community support to it than any other coins, and also it is the first of it's kind, thus it has attained the greatest value, and attracts the most number of people.
There is definitely no chance of this in the near future, as long as some news does not cause HUGE decline in the market cap of bitcoin, as people will definitely adopt whichever crypto which is the most profitable to them. At the moment its BTC. It may change in the future, and in that case BTC will only be considered an altcoin. The future is unpredictable, so nothing certain can be said.

All we can do is wait and watch.

Jeger

Activity: 56
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 12:30:45 PM

If you're saying BTC value per coin then 42coin has surpassed BTC in value per coin  Grin .
42Coin is priced at 2.08 BTC per coin as of now or roughly $8892.92. Even though it's priced more expensive than Bitcoin, and since there is nothing special about it, people aren't gonna use 42Coin the same way as people using Bitcoin.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★    DEEPONION | Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency (https://deeponion.org/?ref=1125436)   ❱❱❱  Guard Your Privacy! (https://deeponion.org/apply.php?ref=1125436)    ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 
❱❱❱ JOIN DEEPONION AIRDROP NOW! (https://deeponion.org/apply.php?ref=1125436)  Anonymous Transactions by TOR Network (https://deeponion.org/?ref=1125436) 
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  File Authenticity Guaranteed by ⚡DeepVault Technology (https://deeponion.org/deepvault)⚡▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
RamBahadur.Gurung

Activity: 457
Merit: 262

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 12:37:33 PM

A few months back, Ethereum came quite close to surpassing Bitcoin in terms of market cap. ETH has its own advantages, such as the low transaction fee and compatibility with the tokens. But the drawback is that it has fewer number of users when compared to BTC, and that some of the devs looks quite shady.
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 12:46:30 PM

What will you do if some altcoin (XMR or ETH for example surpasses the value of BTC, either in market cap or by the price of a token each? Will you sell your BTC to buy the more "valuable" coin, or continue using and holding BTC? Also, what do you think are the chances that it could happen? I would like to hear your thoughts and opinions.

It won't ever happen don't you worry about it, for simple reason, there no coin capable of crossing it. All these coins are alt, they are a copy of it, they will never be able to generate the buzz Bitcoin does, even today crypto currency is regocnized only by the name of Bitcoins, so you should not worry so much about it. I would never sell my coins in any scenario, till I need funds, and I don't stock alts cause I don't rate them, they are not worth it.
cgecko
Copper Member

Activity: 32
Merit: 21

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 12:58:37 PM

i can see this happening if those greedy bastards keep hardforking bitcoin for easy profits. etherium has the potendial to compete with bitcoin as in most exhanges you can already trade X/ETH with most tokens aswell there will be exchanges that will be selling and buying ETH for fiats pretty soon.
Doms

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 01:01:07 PM

Investors go where there is the most money to make. If for some reason, a new version of bitcoin comes out after every split, that might not be good for bitcoin. The decentralization aspect is being taken advantage by some just to make some money that results in splits. Only time will tell if bitcoin maintains its hold of the number one crypto currency and people would be the ultimate judge on where it goes from there.
girl

Activity: 26

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 01:12:43 PM

I don't think any of the altcoins can surpass the value of bitcoin though I can see a potential in ethereum. Anyway, I'm open in investing in altcoins so the possibility of this is fine with me.
EiKaGlaShPriSAThWEl

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 01:29:23 PM

What will you do if some altcoin (XMR or ETH for example surpasses the value of BTC, either in market cap or by the price of a token each? Will you sell your BTC to buy the more "valuable" coin, or continue using and holding BTC? Also, what do you think are the chances that it could happen? I would like to hear your thoughts and opinions.

If ever I will still hold because bitcoin value is still high the only different now is that there is now another digital currency that surpass its value. But I think by now it will not happen.

▆▆▆ ▅▅▅ ▃▃▃ ▂▂▂ W H A L E  M A K E R  ▂▂▂ ▃▃▃ ▅▅▅ ▆▆▆
⚫ ⚫ ⚫  A  F U N D R A I S I N G  P L A T F O R M  F O R  M A S S I V E  D I S R U P T I O N  ⚫ ⚫ ⚫
▬▬▬▬▬   ANN Thread   █   Oceanpaper   ☻   Twitter   ☻   Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬
Rotsor

Activity: 309
Merit: 102

Presale is live!

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 01:35:54 PM

There was maybe a chance that Ethereum was going to do it last year, but it never happened because in the end the supply of ETH is unlimited and nobody was buying to HOLD they were buying to SELL.

Landagert

Activity: 165

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 01:40:25 PM

I'm not sure how to answer that. But let me share a piece of my mind

I'm a cryptocurrency trader and I notice that the price ofvother digital asset based on Blockchain technology have a similar price curve as Bitcoin. If Bitcoin price decline, other digital asset also decline, and vise versa. But this only occurs with Blockchain asset that have close rank with Bitcoin.

So im uncertain that any altcoin can surpass Bitcoin, not in this coming few years at least

Aaroenz0r

Activity: 504

Option Blitz

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 01:52:23 PM

If this coin over bitcoin by technology like more anonymous, low fee or 0 fee, fast transaction, decentralized and have support from many people in the world. why not you buy it?

rohit01

Activity: 24

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 02:06:50 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2216870

It is not possible for any coin to beat BTC in market capital as no one is near to compete him. It is only your imagination that it can happen but it will never happen in any circumstances.

webmastax

Activity: 280
Merit: 108

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 02:17:56 PM

If you are asking if i would sell my bitcoins for this:
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/42-coin/
or this:
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitbtc/
I don't think so. It's not a matter of price.

K O N I O S        |│        The World's Most Secure Cash & Crypto Platform
[   PRE-ICO  |  LIVE   ]      [ AIRDROP | LIVE ]      [    ICO  |  May 1st    ]
WHITEPAPER                       TWITTER                       TELEGRAM                       ANN THREAD
AGD
Legendary

Activity: 2069
Merit: 1164

Keeper of the Private Key

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 02:21:21 PM

We already had an Altoin that was worth more than Bitcoin. Check ZCASH. Nothing happened.

Bitcoin is not a bubble, it's the pin!
+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
datodota002

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 02:22:45 PM

it can't be happened because all off this altcoin is depend on bitcoin value, they can not supasses bitcoin value, because bitcoi  is the core of crypto currency, like dollar in fiat
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: