Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:51:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Feeling the BTC bubble, diversification Qs...  (Read 409 times)
92GTA (OP)

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 09:05:32 PM

I'm starting to feel the BTC bear and I'm interested in diversifying for better returns. I'm a trader, not a HODLer.

ETH has a lot of peoples interest, LTC as well. DASH has a growing following too. Personally, I'm interested in XMR. Mostly because of its superior anonymity features and because of that, I think people will flock to it and it'll surpass the popularity of ETH, LTC, and DASH.

To an extent, most altcoins shadow BTC trending. I feel like as BTC levels out/peaks (for now anyway), the altcoins I mentioned previously may begin to deviate more and more from the BTC trending.

What are your thoughts? Which would you invest in, what % of your crypto portfolio, and why?

I'm 100% BTC in my crypto investments right now. I'm thinking about breaking that off into 1/4 BTC, 1/4 ETH, 1/4 LTC, 1/4 XMR. I'm also considering 1/3 BTC, 1/3 ETH, 1/3 XMR.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Gigglemaster

Activity: 18

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 09:09:38 PM

I'm starting to feel the BTC bear and I'm interested in diversifying for better returns. I'm a trader, not a HODLer.

ETH has a lot of peoples interest, LTC as well. DASH has a growing following too. Personally, I'm interested in XMR. Mostly because of its superior anonymity features and because of that, I think people will flock to it and it'll surpass the popularity of ETH, LTC, and DASH.

To an extent, most altcoins shadow BTC trending. I feel like as BTC levels out/peaks (for now anyway), the altcoins I mentioned previously may begin to deviate more and more from the BTC trending.

What are your thoughts? Which would you invest in, what % of your crypto portfolio, and why?

I'm 100% BTC in my crypto investments right now. I'm thinking about breaking that off into 1/4 BTC, 1/4 ETH, 1/4 LTC, 1/4 XMR. I'm also considering 1/3 BTC, 1/3 ETH, 1/3 XMR.

I like the 1/2 BTC with the other half split in 3rds between ETH, XMR, random Lotto Cryptos
Aura

Activity: 518
Merit: 268

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 09:13:01 PM

I have the most trust in Bitcoin, it seems the most stable and best known.
I suggest keeping at least 3/4 Bitcoin and the rest in stable alt coins (XMR, LTC, ETC, ETH).
vaso11

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

Deal Coin - P2P Lending Eco-system

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 09:27:26 PM

why exactly such a choice of coins? there are many more interesting coins that cost less money and less capitalization in them

The Deal Coin      BLOCKCHAIN LENDING PLATFORM                   
FACEBOOK     PRE-SALE | March 26th  ]     TWITTER     [ CROWDSALE | April 16th ]     TELEGRAM
ANN THREAD          ⚫          BOUNTY THREAD          ⚫          WHITEPAPER
92GTA (OP)

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 09:29:31 PM

Yeah 3/4 BTC would make me feel better too as I have the most trust in it as well. But let's face it, that trust is only because BTC has been the Bull in the game thus far.

Perhaps the better question is; say BTC settles $3,900-$4,000, which of the other altcoins do you think will begin to diverge from the BTC trending the soonest and pick up its own steam? Second, say BTC crashes, down to like $2,000, which altcoin do you believe would hold it's own value the best in that event?
92GTA (OP)

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 09:37:12 PM

why exactly such a choice of coins? there are many more interesting coins that cost less money and less capitalization in them

Because I'm not a bleeding edge early adopter, personally. Plus while I never invest funds I can't afford to lose. I still worked hard for it and want to mitigate the risk of loss as much as reasonably possible. To me, that means going with the more well-known stuff. Lastly, I work full-time. Yes, I can check the markets periodically throughout the day and do a trade here and there if need be, but I can't live and breathe this stuff every waking minute to bail if something goes south in an instant with some fresh off the ICO bandwagon altcoin.

I tend to sell when I feel a peak, then re-buy when it's low and I feel it's starting to go back up. With BTC, that's about once a week for each buy and sell right now. I'm not a multi-trade day trader by any means.
btbrae

Activity: 680
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 09:38:03 PM

Some of these alts have been going for 3-4 years and have yet to create a working version of a product that is popular even amongst the crypto community. You may as well burn your money. ICOs have diluted the entire sector but Bitcoin is unaffected.

Keep hold of your Bitcoin and give the scamcoins a miss.
CrazyCreeptonaut

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 09:38:46 PM

I like to make a research for new projects that can make a change
the big ones are good for trade, for the people who own a lot of them, so they can make a profit every few days
i want to be one of the people who have 5k coins that cost 100$-300$, so i can profit from it
so i am researching, which coin will go up in the next 2 years

Mi5h0

Activity: 560
Merit: 273

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 10:39:51 PM

This is an example of my cryptocurrency portfolio. It is not investment advice.
50% Bitcoin, 30% Ethereum, 10% DASH and 10% WAVES.

Waves and Ethereum are blockchain platforms for crowdsales, that’s an advantage for me. I really think that such platforms have future, if not as a cryptocurrency, then as ICO platform. Dash is chosen because it seems like the best privacy coin to me. In terms of capitalization and general popularity. And Bitcoin is the father of all, that’s why I invest in Bitcoin long-term.
Yuhee

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 11:08:28 PM

Waves and Ethereum are blockchain platforms for crowdsales, that’s an advantage for me. I really think that such platforms have future, if not as a cryptocurrency, then as ICO platform. Dash is chosen because it seems like the best privacy coin to me. In terms of capitalization and general popularity. And Bitcoin is the father of all, that’s why I invest in Bitcoin long-term.

I do agree with the split of percentage here but for i would  change easy to XMR at 10% and Steem with another 10% making eth at 20%. XMR for its usability around the globe for banking and steem as a social media that I could see it can get more users by how you are paid for quality posts. Eth somehow is making headlines for the upcoming hardfork. And I'm sure many users would take advantage of it but not for me.
Mi5h0

Activity: 560
Merit: 273

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 12:21:20 AM

I do agree with the split of percentage here but for i would  change easy to XMR at 10% and Steem with another 10% making eth at 20%. XMR for its usability around the globe for banking and steem as a social media that I could see it can get more users by how you are paid for quality posts. Eth somehow is making headlines for the upcoming hardfork. And I'm sure many users would take advantage of it but not for me.

I've been watching Monero for some time now. And the reason is that I didn't feel comfortable in investing in the currency before is because of is its primary market.
I'm still not sure. Though I agree, that monero has grown significantly and has great potential.
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 12:22:54 AM

For trading I don't suggest LTC because the price moved in a slow pace, I will suggest 40% BTC, 30% eth, 20% Monero, 10% dash, if you are looking for safe option, BTC and eth is the greatest, Monero and dash got a very good potential and I witnessed how these coins can suddenly go up very quickly

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
QFT

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 01:56:43 AM

Holding bitcoin, but hoping there won't be any crazy new regulations or anything that could mess up the price.
lamden

Activity: 52

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2017, 02:06:39 AM

A lot of people are talking about XMR these days... I don't see it being represented in the price at all though. Besides when Korea poured into it a few weeks ago
92GTA (OP)

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 03:40:31 PM

Well, while BTC was high yesterday, I traded some for XMR. I have about 40% into Monero now. I'm pretty confident and believe that it will be the next big thing so that's going to be a long-term HODL for sure lol.

I'll buy some more BTC this week at a low which will reduce XMR to only about 1/3 of my crypto hodlings.
92GTA (OP)

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 10:57:10 PM

I bought some more BTC yesterday during the low so I'm about 3/4 Bitcoin and 1/4 Monero. I feel pretty comfortable with that and I'll grow both evenly from here out.

Honestly only BTC and XMR interest me at this point.
groko271

Activity: 790
Merit: 505

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 12:30:54 AM

Although im a hodler of my old mined LTC, i have re-positioned and traded some of my bag during the current dip. I agree with your inclusion of litecoin in your spread, you should see a 10-20% return within the next couple of months. (on today's price as I post)
prehisto

Activity: 882
Merit: 112

Your Data Belongs To You

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 12:47:58 AM

I started trading few months ago and do not trade BTC. Why? Because the potential profits are small compared to other alts.
If I had 2000 $ and additional funds to invest right now, I would consider BTC for long term.

Right now half of mine money is in Ripple, it is seeing significant movement in the past days and I am holding for short term.
In near future I am planning to Buy Monero for long term because I believe that it is overlooked and has potential because of anonymity.
Also for short term- LTC , because it is overlooked.

Also in my portfolio is NEO and BTCCash- which was a bad decision, cant see how i will get back my investment now.

Overall strategy is to trade relatively big on popular currencies and invest gains in new promising project for big potential gains.

X L S L A B S ◉◉◉ INTERNET OF TRUST ◉◉◉ X L S L A B S
If you care about your personal data, you need to understand its future.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▮ TelegramTwitterBitcointalk ▮▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: