Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:38:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What are some disadvantages of BTC?  (Read 7889 times)
jakirtanvir

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 01:16:25 PM

Disadvantage of bitcoin is it’s not available much at online, I mean I can’t use it every where like US dollar. Also it’s very big disadvantage that it is not workable in real world.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinMuscle

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 01:16:31 PM

We all know the advantages of BTC, but what are some of the disadvantages??
For most of people bitcoin being anonymous is an advantage. But for police this is a big disadvantage ,maybe the biggest one. People can buy drugs, fake identities, prostitutes and all kinds of illegal things with bitcoin. Yes, you can buy that with real money but that would be a lot easier to discover.
The big fees for low transactions(lower than 20$) are also a disadvantage. Bitcoin cannot be used to buy things like a coffe or a sandwich because you would pay double or triple of the normal price.
untugede

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 01:21:13 PM

when discussing the benefits of bitcoin I do not think there is endless bro, because bitcoin has many advantages such as the rate it has, that alone has shown the benefits of bitcoin

Mycro Jobs                                                                                                                                                 
| SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE
⟩                                                                                                                                                       
                                                    ⟩⟩ Telegram ⟩⟩ Twitter ⟩⟩ Medium ⟩⟩ Github ⟩⟩ Instagram ⟩⟩ LinkedIn ⟩⟩ YouTube ⟩⟩ Facebook
daserpent

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 01:25:24 PM

There are some technical disadvantages like -

1) The transaction fee is kinda high nowadays.
2) The transactions take a little bit too long to confirm.
3) The mining is now concentrate in few locations.
4) The major mining farms are deciding the future of BTC, not what satoshi originally wanted.
5) The technology is kinda too complicated for normal non-tech people that they start to think its a scam :/
Red Fish

Activity: 435
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 01:54:05 PM

The largest top disadvantages are - mining difficulty and long confirmation time, up to 1 hour or so. Because of mining difficulty you need expensive hardware - asic equipment, and long BTC confirmation time means - hard to implement in online shopping, and also in the shops.
teilwalL05

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 02:02:22 PM

4) The major mining farms are deciding the future of BTC, not what satoshi originally wanted.
5) The technology is kinda too complicated for normal non-tech people that they start to think its a scam :/

Any system tech has a down side or a negative feel to some users but I think this is really not big issues because even if there are something like that bitcoin will continue to grow, even if there are some people that will adopt to it, a few can really work well with bitcoin and I think tech savy was really needed to understand the ups and downs of bitcoin.
Wexnident

Activity: 2520
Merit: 665

I don't take loans, ask for sig if I ever do.

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 02:11:31 PM

I think the biggest disadvantage of Bitcoin is its volatility and being not legal to most of the countries. Its market value changes from time to time which is also the risk on investing to it such that there are times that its value becomes low. And also, it is not yet legal to most of the countries which is a disadvantage of being a currency. But maybe in the future it will be legal to worldwide and will also result to bitcoin being less volatile.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
sebasman2

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 02:15:38 PM

To me the disadvantages are the ways of getting bitcoin (lots of ID requirements etc) and furthermore the fact that you NEED internet to send btc.
PepperaOnIt

Activity: 266

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 02:19:04 PM

The best one i think, and some of the bitcoin users problem is the fee in transaction, they worry about the transaction fee because when the price of the bitcoin is so high, the transaction fee is also high.
pecson134

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 02:45:54 PM

One of the most disadvantage of bitcoins in my opinion was the connection to the internet. If somewhat you lost or can't connect to the internet then your access to bitcoins would be limited and that will hinder on your current work the grants your earnings. Not all places have an access through the net and this would impose a great problem if your going to a place without internet.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Cofee.BLUE

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 02:47:58 PM

There are too many disadvantages when it comes to bitcoin, first we all know that bitcoin or crypto has no tax at all and no fees, so the government officials and the companies were the ones affected, they didnt get any income but the people were having too much demand. And another one the banks were affected and the money itself, the money and banks will be unestablished by the government. Many large groups were affected. Thosr are some of bitcoin disadvantage.
Casabrandy

Activity: 837
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 03:14:02 PM

The best one i think, and some of the bitcoin users problem is the fee in transaction, they worry about the transaction fee because when the price of the bitcoin is so high, the transaction fee is also high.
The fee now cheaper after segwit2x activation and the speed of confirmation also improves. So that is not a disadvantage anymore. The only disadvantage of bitcoin that I know was it can be used for ransom without any trace from the suspect.  Smiley

VER
       ,█████████p
      ,███████████.
      d███████████b
     d█████P ██████b
    ,██████' `██████.
    d█████P   Y█████b
   d██████     ██████L
  ,██████P     ]██████.
  ███████       Y██████
 d██████L__   __J██████b
,██████████   ██████████p
███████████   ███████████

Our project will provide you with the most
favorable terms of trade, user-friendly interface,
as well as a high level of protection of our platform.

.VeraExchange.
...NEW ERA OF EXCHANGE...

.April 22th.

..JOIN NOW..
daserpent

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 03:26:29 PM

Any system tech has a down side or a negative feel to some users but I think this is really not big issues because even if there are something like that bitcoin will continue to grow, even if there are some people that will adopt to it, a few can really work well with bitcoin and I think tech savy was really needed to understand the ups and downs of bitcoin.

Having negatives doesn't mean that a technology like bitcoin won't grow. And anways, the more valuable is the technology under the bitcoin protocol - which is the blockchain itself. Blockchain is the tech that all govts and companies are embracing now.
Pakar11220

Activity: 176

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 01:43:19 PM

i think as we people know a lot of advantages of bitcoin, there is only one disadvantage of bitcoin in my mind which why it is not present in physical form.
pat4cryptoreal

Activity: 630
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 06:14:02 PM

There is nothing that have advantages that do not have disadvantages. We have some disadvantages like easily been scam, someone wallet can be hacked at any moment if not properly protected.
don.kihot

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 06:17:32 PM

for me the main disadvantages I suggest the big time and fee of transactions

Cindy1983

Activity: 196

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 06:23:48 PM

It's still a little bit long to get confirms for your transactoin. Beside Bitcoin can be taken advantage to commit guilty by crime like tax evasion - cause in almost country in the world Bitcoin is not legalized so people living in these countries don't have to pay tax for Bitcoin income, money laundering - cause Bitcoin transaction is almost anonymous so there are so many crime trying to use Bitcoin to do this case, drug trafficking - buying drug with cash is very dangerous so crime has find out a new way to trade by using cryptocurrency especially Bitcoin cause it's much safer and hard to find out who did that trade.... There are some disadvantages of Bitcoin that I know and I think it's not everything Cheesy
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 06:29:01 PM

Merchant adoption, and security.

Bitcoins are still only accepted by a very small group of online merchants  Wink This makes it unfeasible to completely rely on Bitcoins as a currency. There is also a possibility that governments might force merchants to not use Bitcoins to ensure that users’ transactions can be tracked. If a hard drive crashes, or a virus corrupts data , and the wallet file is corrupted, Bitcoins have essentially been “lost”. There is nothing that can done to recover it. These coins will be forever orphaned in the system. This can bankrupt a wealthy Bitcoin investor within seconds with no way form of recovery. The coins the investor owned will also be permanently orphaned.

LuanX3

Activity: 756
Merit: 505

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 07:14:17 PM

bitcoin disadvantages for me. i think only high fee transaction
only that for me i dont know anything else

That is a disadvantage, however the thing is I believe the network is artificially being bloated by an entity. So far after the bitcoin upgrade to segwit the memory pools were most of the time empty and I think the recent sudden spike in transactions was not an normal occurrence but more of an attack on the network to force people to move to segwitx2. Which is supposed to be something we should look out for as there might be some sort of trick that will happen if it does get activated.
jayco25

Activity: 336
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 07:19:25 PM

dis advantage of bitcoin its too long to received at the transaction fee is very expensive.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: