Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:22:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What are some disadvantages of BTC?  (Read 7889 times)
LuffyD.Monkey

Activity: 336
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 11:19:16 AM

The expensive fee is one of the biggest disadvantage of bitcoin because with that expensive or high fee, it will make the other people hesitate in using it because it is too high for an average person to use especially if they are just going to use bitcoin to transaction for a minimal or average amount of money. I hope that in the future, the fees will become lower so it will not become a problem for bitcoin to continue going to the top and to become fully successful.
You mentioned the following two disadvantages
1 bitcoin  requires internet connection
2 decentralization of bitcoin in the whole world
So you are 100 % right but now adays the technological advancement is in full swing and new devices has been introduced in the market like Evovingle and other source of internet by which you can minimize the problem while the decentralization is in itself a very good thing for investment point of view.
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Skieleton

Activity: 686
Merit: 282

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 08:32:34 AM

Delegation risk

Unless you know how to control Bitcoin transactions, they may have the idea of diverting the cryptanalyst. Especially if - despite the above-mentioned shortcomings - it will start to gain more popularity. The chance of this is small and of course the BTC delegation will not completely stop using it, but will effectively limit the range of available goods.
Angi

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 09:21:30 AM

Some disadvantages in bitcoin one is internet connection because no internet no transaction success second is electricity   we cant connect the internet without  electricity so without this two we cant communicate to other country and to the people  to transact our business with them .
Ck1234

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 09:31:28 AM

Whoa!!! after reading this thread I'm thinking about selling all my bitcoin.  Okay... So maybe it's not all perfect.  I'm hoping that lightning network is as good as they say.  My biggest gripe lately has been transaction fees.  I'm paying between $3-$9 pretty consistently.  I'm super happy if I get a $3.00 transaction fee.  If people had to pay that while writing checks, it would be the end of checks hands down.  Yet here we are falling in love with a digital currency with so many fatal flaws.  urgh!
alexsando

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 09:40:54 AM

The biggest downside I do not like about bitcoin is the speed of the transaction is very slow. 2 weeks ago it took me nearly 3 days to transfer 0.1btc to my friend. If bitcoin improves on this then it will definitely be great.
BryanAce

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 10:04:10 AM

We all know the advantages of BTC, but what are some of the disadvantages??
Other store don't have btc payment Sad
NavI_027

Activity: 1232
Merit: 186

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 11:40:29 AM

If bitcoin has its own advantages then its not shocking to know that it has disadvantages also. Bitcoin has a vey unstable value which makes the investors feel hesitated in investing. It is a little bit complicaed compare to fiat money because it requires computer/phone, digital wallet and Internet first before operating. It's transaction fees are quite high. It is also prone from hacking since this is existing in the cyberworld.

But actually, I'm not even bothered with these disadvantages because only its advantages really matters for me.
markdario112616

Activity: 816
Merit: 133

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 11:47:20 AM

Some of the advantages of Bitcoin are also its disadvantages, like Decentralized and Anonimity. Due to it's decentralization some of the powerful people took advantage of it since they can't track all the transactions, they can freely do transact under the radar of the government. We might not know that some of these people are financing some terrorists and planning some attack againsts the Government.
Rggadi

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 11:50:46 AM

Energy Consumption Puts Bitcoin at a Mainstream Disadvantage
Miners are becoming the principal consumers of energy in the growing bitcoin ecosystem. As each algorithmic problem becomes more and more complicated to solve, more machines are working longer hours in order to birth the next coin. Moreover, these processes are incentivized by rewarding miners whose block is accepted, with even more bitcoin.
nightfury

Activity: 392

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 12:03:42 PM

There are lots of pros and cons in this king of the cryptoworld (the bitcoin) and since you already know about the advantages of bitcoin, i can only give you 1 disadvantage it has. Bitcoin can only be transacted online and that means you can not use it if you're totally offline and that's may be the major disadvantage of bitcoin, IMO.

██████████████████████ ▀▄ Platio ▄▀ ██████████████████████
[TELEGRAM]│Smart Banking Ecosystem for crypto, fiat and│[FACEBOOK]
[TWITTER] │stocks, based on EOS blockchain technology │ [MEDIUM]
Naoko

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 01:32:22 PM

for me, the disadvantages are the rather slow speed of the transaction and not the recognition everywhere...I want it to be generally available
Uao
Copper Member

Activity: 216
Merit: 58

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 01:37:22 PM

- high fees

- slow processing times

- scalability

- proof-of-work flawed

- not fully decentralized

- not anonymous
zais

Activity: 196
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 02:04:52 PM

Well one that i can think of is that it is still not perfectly anonymous. Personally i'd like to see bitcoin evolve into the future into something like XMR with essentially in built coin mixing. This is probably not necessary but rather an add on.

Another thing is that, fees are often high.

Also, blocks are 10 minutes on average in between so that means you're probably not going to be able to get stuff irl instantaneously without the merchant having to trust you.
one of the weaknesses of bitcoin, the lack of government control also makes bitcoin seem worthless. In addition, some financial observers consider bitcoin as illegal currency because it is not encouraged legislation lawful in the eyes of the law
assyla

Activity: 319

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 02:19:45 PM

I think Bitcoin's Advantage is its Disadvantege. Like the unstable price that many bitcoin users are always scared of bump down of the value of bitcoin.

► HackenAI ◄ ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► HackenAI ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Facebook|Twitter|Medium|Reddit|Telegram|Whitepaper
yoseph

Activity: 868
Merit: 266

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 02:22:57 PM

Though it's anonymity is a great advantage for bitcoin users, it is also disadvantage when it comes to tracking people who may have been duped, scammed or stolen from. There is no way that the coins could be retrieved when something like this happens.
Aura

Activity: 518
Merit: 268

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 02:26:21 PM

I think the amount of blocks to adjust the network difficulty is too high, it could theoretically destroy Bitcoin. Right now the time to adjust the difficulty is 2 weeks assuming that blocks are generated every 10 minutes, so 2016 blocks. But blocks are not always generated every 10 minutes, it depends on the total hashrate and difficulty. So when suddenly a lot of miners switch from Bitcoin to an other SHA-256 coin, Bitcoin's block generation time significantly increases. Resulting an even less profitable coin for miners, which could cause more miners quitting. This could end with a chain death cycle, where the difficulty adjustment never gets reached.
CodyAlfaridzi

Activity: 1708
Merit: 541

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 02:43:53 PM

At this price ($9000+), the amount of fees has become a problem. At an average of 0.0003 to 0.0005 ($3 - $5) for each transaction, it feels too big for a daily and routine usage. I used to buy a lot of digital goods on Black Friday, things like domain, hosting, Steam games, and any other interesting offer, using Bitcoin. But during yesterday Black Friday, not anymore. The fee for payment is just way too big compared to the price of the goods. So I used Paypal instead, for the first time in a few years.

I know that some people argued that Bitcoin is not for micropayment, Bitcoin isn't meant for buying coffee, and Bitcoin should be gold-like. I'm on neither side of that debate.  I realized that Bitcoin could be gold of the future, as a store of value, something that's very valuable instead of a currency. But I also like that I could use Bitcoin to buy almost everything on the internet. As of now, there is no other altcoin that has acceptance range as wide as Bitcoin especially on conventional huge companies like Steam. I hope further improvement like LN could solve the "issue".
meliodas

Activity: 742
Merit: 329

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 03:29:07 PM

The only disadvantage that I see in bitcoin is the fact that because of it's volatility, it's value might be too low that people would lose their trust and faith in bitcoin, and might end up looking and picking another coin. When this happens bitcoin will drastically lose it's value and no one will want to buy or invest on it anymore.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $| 
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
tikaka

Activity: 336

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 03:38:19 PM

Bitcoin also has some disadvantages. Because bitcoin is a virtual currency, it fits into large payment transactions that are not suitable for small transactions. The main transactions through the network should be vulnerable to hacker attacks to steal

trauchot

Activity: 1764
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 03:50:09 PM

In first place of course it is bitcoin legalization, because large funds of dirty money are transferred through bitcoins, so many countries dont want legalize bitcoins in order to not destroy their economy. I also think that fees for transferring funds on another wallet are too bigs, because of this you losing decent money. Also, bitcoin course does not stand at one place, it can grow in price and fall down just in some minutes.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: