Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:56:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What are some disadvantages of BTC?  (Read 7889 times)
bitcoinmagneto

Activity: 51
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 03:39:24 AM

Some of the cons of Bitcoins are as:- 1.) High transaction fees.
2.) These are used as a way to assist criminal activities like drug sales, human trafficking,illegal weapon sales and much more like paying cyber criminals and it's been recently asked by the hackers of GOT to pay their ransom in bitcoins.
3.) It is highly risky as it lacks security,increased regulations due to factors like money laundering, limited production and lack of trusted applications.
4.) It is 7.8 times as volatile as gold as concluded by the analysis by famous finance professor at Duke University.
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
francesyrus

Activity: 616
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 03:58:22 AM

We all know the advantages of BTC, but what are some of the disadvantages??

Bitcoin users are anonymous, Bitcoin can be used in illegal activity.

Bitcoin have risks, but are fast, near real time and convenient.

When blockchain has many unconfirmed transaction you'll wait for days before you receive your bitcoin and have high fee sending.

megynacuna

Activity: 756
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 04:30:44 AM

Bitcoin users are anonymous, Bitcoin can be used in illegal activity.

Bitcoin have risks, but are fast, near real time and convenient.

When blockchain has many unconfirmed transaction you'll wait for days before you receive your bitcoin and have high fee sending.

I agree with your points but disagree with the first one. Fiat currencies are physically seen but some fiat transactions are done anonymously and can be used for illegal activities just like any other currency and  so  you should lump the illegal use of a currency only on bitcoin.
desi92

Activity: 210
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 06:52:31 AM

Behind the advantages always there is any disadvantages. As i know bitcoin cannot be used for offline payment .
Bitcoin also has high volatility so only fit for trading tool not for saving that we use for future.
Synaesthesia

Activity: 546
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 08:19:04 AM

I think the disadvantage of BTC is time transactions. If developers can improve it. I think BTC price will go to the moon.  Cheesy
rexter

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 08:36:38 AM

Well the other disadvantages of BTC if your high rank account got lost because of hacker attack and you got scam.
dangful

Activity: 210

Decentralized Jet-Stream Encrypted Multi-Media Dev

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2017, 08:42:35 AM

Disadvantages of bitcoin for me is very high valued, we cannot invest in this very expensive initial investment and although the price will continue to rise, Bitcoin is very hard to earn these days so I better invest to Altcoins like Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash and Gold.
The Bitcoin's transaction fee is very high also.

NightCloudz07

Activity: 224

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 08:48:19 AM

the BTC advantage is converting to the dollar more money to harvest

▲▼▲▼ZICHAIN ▲▼▲▼ JOIN OUR PRIVATE SALE NOW! ZICHAIN.IO
▲▼ BLOCKCHAIN ASSET MANAGEMENT ECOSYSTEM ▲▼
Allura74

Activity: 546

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 09:11:14 AM

I think there is only one disadvantage of BTC is transaction speed.
For me the some disadvantages of BTC is, it easy to use by other people to scam, so when btc use to scam many people will afraid to try bitcoin and many people will not follow bitcoin, and for me the other disadvantages of bitcoin is the campaign, the campaign in btc was take too long, its about 1month and 3weeks before its end so people who are newbie here is giving up easily.
We have to be open minded in everything that all things are always have its advantage and disadvantages. Upon joining to BTC  now even in a short time I discover by myself that the disadvantages of bitcoin are many. First, if we don't have internet connection we cannot access to BTC. Second, illiterate to computers or those whom we can say less knowledgeable about technologies, because BTC is sometimes complicated. Third, some stores , supermarket or even in a small  sari-sari store near by your town doesn't accept bitcoin as payment.

gulshan1

Activity: 630

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2017, 09:32:50 AM

Everything which has made in this world have advantage and disadvantages of using by people. Bitcoin is volatile currency and can go ups and downs any time,which effect to the loss and profit of investors. Bitcoin is charging high fees for the transfer of bitcoin from one person to another person. Due free access at any where  some people are using it for illegal purpose and it helps to increase the crime any where. Hacking of bitcoin account is also a big disadvantage.

SATURN
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
────────  Facebook Twitter ♦  Telegram ♦  Blog ♦  Bitcointalk   ────────
androidpobeditel

Activity: 630

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 09:35:45 AM

The disadvantages of bitcoins are insufficient distribution and recognition. Also, exchange rate fluctuations and unpredictability, lack of guarantees and state prohibitions.
MAJICOIN

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 10:07:49 AM

This is digital form of money the disadvantage for bitcoin is that we can’t use it offline without internet it is not used and without internet you will not access your wallet so this is the big and major disadvantage according to me. I didn’t noticed any other disadvantage in bitcoin.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]              
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬    
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
Domenc

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 10:52:08 AM

Every aspect has 2 sides; it depends upon the individual how he uses and looks upon it. Bitcoin has many advantages such as peer-to-peer transfer, anonymous transactions, and acts like an asset for an individual and much more. But on the other side, it possess some threats also like Bitcoin anonymity feature is used by criminals to hide their identity, it is used to buy ammunition and drugs, widely used over dark web and so on. So, it is upon user how he uses Bitcoin.
jessepat

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 11:06:05 AM

bitcoins are not widely   accepted - some countries banned bitcoin currency
Wallets Can Be Lost - if you have forgotten your wallet log in details. hard drive crashes where you save your log in details
No Physical Form - as of now it cannot be used in physical stores. It would always have to be converted to other currencies

Fasdartin

Activity: 618
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 11:19:19 AM

For me the some disadvantages of BTC is, it easy to use by other people to scam, so when btc use to scam many people will afraid to try bitcoin and many people will not follow bitcoin, and for me the other disadvantages of bitcoin is the campaign, the campaign in btc was take too long, its about 1month and 3weeks before its end so people who are newbie here is giving up easily.
There is disadvantages of bitcoin, some of them used it as illegal transaction, like buying drugs and weapons that cannot trace when they use bitcoin. Also they use it to cyber crime likem scam. And another disadvantage is you cant used bitcoin when your offline.
justyourkuya

Activity: 156

Bounty Campaign Management

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 11:22:22 AM

One of the advantages I guess of BTC is its volatility in prices. As we all know, every now and then the bitcoin prices change. It can be higher than what we hoped or lower than we expected. That's the reason why some people say the risks involved are really high. But that disadvantage is far nothing compare to the advantages BTC have. Reasons enough why bitcoin is worth-having, saving, and investing.
NightCloudz07

Activity: 224

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 11:24:38 AM

some disadvantage of BTC is the price sometimes its high sometimes its low

▲▼▲▼ZICHAIN ▲▼▲▼ JOIN OUR PRIVATE SALE NOW! ZICHAIN.IO
▲▼ BLOCKCHAIN ASSET MANAGEMENT ECOSYSTEM ▲▼
StreakW

Activity: 1189
Merit: 107

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 11:26:07 AM

for me bitcoin only disadvantages is high transaction fee and transaction duration
but bicoin still my best cryptocurrensy

╓                                        SWG.io  ⁞ Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.14                                        ╖
║     〘 Available On Binance Square 〙•〘 ◊ ICOHOLDER ⁞ 4.45 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙     ║
╙           ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY  NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹           ╜
rasmadisulaiman

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 11:29:38 AM

Bitcoin has not been received in all countries and all stores, it makes a constraint for users like me who are confused to spend it. If bitcoin is legalized in all countries and accepted in every field will definitely be very profitable.

⚫▶  BUILDERIUM   |▌  CREATING THE FUTURE YOU DESIRE, ONE BID AT A TIME
███ [   Token Sale Starts  ▶  July 23 th, 2018   ] █ █ [   JOIN AIRDROP   ] ███
▬▬▬▬▬    ●    Whitepaper    ●    Facebook    ●    Twitter    ●    Telegram    ●    ▬▬▬▬▬
poletando

PlayGame.com

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 11:38:58 AM

disadvantages that i really feel it is if i have many bitcoin, and i want to spend it in real life i need to exchange it into my local currencies so i can use it offline, if i dont do that my bitcoin is useless, because bitcoin in my country is not popular than other country. and maybe the second disadvantages is the confirmations is slower than other cryptocurrencies like ethereum or doge

──────⟩   PLAYGAME   ⟨──────
Whitepaper Powering real economy in the gaming world Onepager
Telegram ENG / IND Group Channel ⟩──MediumTwitterYouTube
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: