Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 04:59:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SANDSTORM: - A Collective Investment Vehicle for BTC. -  (Read 35716 times)
jmutch (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 11:26:47 AM
Last edit: August 09, 2013, 12:31:53 PM by jmutch

SUMMARY:

Sandstorm is a collective investment vehicle that strives to maximize the potential of BTCʼs that are invested in it. Sandstorm will use sophisticated investment strategies to ensure that the goals are met and the company grows into a mature entity within the BTC community.

DESCRIPTION:

The creator of Sandstorm has been creating wealth through BTC related activities for a long time. This company is simply an extension of these activities. The primary focus of Sandstorm is long term wealth creation. This wealth will be fairly distributed among shareholders. Sandstorm plans to invest BTC in the smartest way possible to maximize profits to investors. Profits will be used to rewards shareholders and grow the company. BTC related activities will be analyzed for their potential as a long or short term investment.

CONTRACT

Sandstorm's Goals:
-Release weekly dividends of at least 1% of the capital gathered from public offerings. This dividend will come from trades and investments undertaken by Sandstorm
-Achieve consistent growth in value, share price and dividends

Plan:
The plan is to start small with an IPO of 100,000 shares. These will be priced at .001BTC each, raising 100BTC capital.
Capital will be invested in reliably profitable BTC related elements.
Profit from each week will be distributed through weekly dividends every Friday. Weekly profits exceeding 1% of the capital from public offerings will be
divided into carryover funds and dividends. Carry over funds are a way to grow the company and act as a safety mechanism.
Once the company has reached a mature stage, where the abilities of the company have been proven, further public offerings will be issued to raise further capital.
There will no more than 1,000,000 shares issued in the long term. It is unlikely that this many will be issued.
This is a long term collective investment vehicle which will be operational for as long as management is able and BTC exists.

Investments:
Shareholder funds will only be invested in things related to BTC:
-Investing in other virtual securities
-Buying and selling other virtual securities
-Mining operations (unlikely)
-BTC/USD trading (small amounts due to high risk)
-Alternative currency trading (very small amounts due to high risk)

If Sandstorm can't continue:
Shareholders will be fully informed and a suitable replacement for management will be sought after. If this attempt is unsuccessful, all remaining assets from the last weekly report will be liquidated and distributed to shareholders at a per unit basis.

Assurances:
Subsequent shares will not be issued without a majority vote.
Investments will only be of the nature as described above.
The unit issuing structure will not be changed.
The creator is in this for the long term and will not give up.
This collective investment vehicle will be managed every day.

PRODUCT:

A product that aims maximizes returns on BTC without the associated stress and time consumption of trading/investing within the BTC economy.

ORGANIZATION:

Joshua Mutch is the sole operator of Sandstorm at this time and will make decision regarding all investment activities within the boundaries of what is specified above. Any other decision regarding changes to the company will require a majority vote from shareholders. Joshua Mutch has a comprehensive background in economics and the Australian Stock Exchange.

FINANCIALS:

The financials of Sandstorm will be updated and released weekly after dividends have been distributed on Fridays. This will offer transparency to shareholders and potential investors. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhkfI_u94nYydFRIaTlBNE14aHBZNzIxRlBLWlhzTlE&usp=sharing
jmutch (OP)

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 11:27:50 AM

The plan is to get approval onto an exchange. However, until that happens you can buy shares directly and i’ll keep track of them on a spreadsheet. If Sandstorm is accepted on an exchange, shares will be transferred onto there

Consider Sandstorm launched and this the beginning of the IPO!
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 12:11:49 PM

SCAMSTORM Cheesy - Your red color is fitting!

You only started posting on May 2013.

What Websites Can You Spend Bitcoins On?
> silk road and spendbitcoins.com

Binding auction
> auction cancelled sorry

> invests in BFL hardware

Quality forum posts:

"blockchain"

"doubt it"

"Getting my newb count up Cheesy"

Free Credit Report from TradeFortress
wormbog

Activity: 561
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 12:17:39 PM

"weekly dividends of at least 1% of the capital gathered from public offerings"

Dividends drawn from the capital of later investors? That sounds really familiar. Isn't there a name for this kind of scheme?
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 12:24:01 PM

Yeah, unfortunately they have to now resort to forum posts instead of listing an asset on GLBSE.
furuknap

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

http://coin.furuknap.net/

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2013, 12:29:11 PM

Summary

Sandstorm is a collective investment vehicle which strives to maximise the potential of BTC’s that are invested in it. Sandstorm will use sophisticated investment strategies to ensure that the goals are met and the company grows into a mature entity within the BTC community.

Description

The creator of Sandstorm has been creating wealth through BTC related activities for a long time. This company is simply an extension of these activities. More capital means further wealth creation which is the primary long term focus of this company. This wealth will be fairly distributed among shareholders.
Sandstorm plans to invest BTC in the smartest way possible to maximise profits to investors. Profits will be used to rewards shareholders and grow the company. BTC related activities will be analysed for their potential as a long or short term investment.​

Contract

Sandstorm's Goals:
-Release weekly dividends of at least 1% of the capital gathered from public offerings. This is a minimum expectation.
-Achieve consistent growth in value, share price and dividends

Plan:
The plan is to start small with an IPO of 90,000 shares. These will be priced at .001BTC each, raising 90BTC capital.
Capital will be invested in reliably profitable BTC related elements.
Profit from each week will be distributed through weekly dividends every Friday. Weekly profits exceeding 1% of the capital from public offerings will be divided into carryover funds and dividends. Carry over funds are a way to grow the company and act as a safety mechanism.
Once the company has reached a mature stage, where the abilities of the company have been proven, further public offerings of 90,000 shares at a time will be issued to raise further capital.
There will no more than 1,000,000 shares issued in the long term.
This is a long term collective investment vehicle which will be operational for as long as management is able and BTC exists.

Ratio
For every 9 shares issued, 1 will be issued to the creator of Sandstorm. (i.e. once all IPO shares are sold, Sandstorm will own 10000) This is incentive.

Investment
Shareholder funds will only be invested in things related to BTC:
  • Investing in other virtual securities
  • Buying and selling other virtual securities
  • Mining hardware trading
  • Mining operations (potentially)
  • BTC/USD trading (small amounts due to higher risk)

If on the unlikely chance that Sandstorm can't continue:
Shareholders will be fully informed and a suitable replacement for management will be sought after. If this attempt is unsuccessful, shares will be purchased back at 105% of the 7 day average. All remaining assets will be liquidated and distributed to shareholders through dividends.

Assurances:
  • Subsequent shares will not be issued without a majority vote.
  • Investments will only be of the nature as described above.
  • The structure will not be changed. (i.e max 10 issues of 100,000 shares)
  • The creator is in this for the long term and will not give up.
  • This collective investment vehicle will be managed every day.

Product

A place for people maximise returns on BTC without the associated stress of holding long positions on investments. It is aimed at people within the BTC community searching for a relatively low risk investment with high rewards.

Organisation

Joshua Mutch is the sole operator of Sandstorm at this time and will make decision regarding all investment activities within the boundaries of what is specified above. Any other decision regarding changes to the company will require a majority vote from shareholders.
Joshua Mutch has a comprehensive background in economics and the Australian Stock Exchange.

Issuer
Joshua Mutch
Sandstorm - A Collective Investment Vehicle for BTC
Melbourne, VIC, Australia
+61422072562
joshua.d.mutch@gmail.com
https://www.facebook.com/josh.mutch

Financing

The financials of Sandstorm will be updated and released weekly after dividends have been distributed. This will offer transparency to shareholders and potential investors.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhkfI_u94nYydFRIaTlBNE14aHBZNzIxRlBLWlhzTlE&usp=sharing

In case of updates to this contract:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1L0iXSEu_JkmPi6JvqPb0I0xg_CnSJq9Bx-A1pBHbmzU/edit?usp=sharing

Quoted for reference.

jmutch (OP)

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 12:43:39 PM

I plan to use the same techniques as I do now to maintain the profits.

I know this does look like a ponzi scheme and there is no way for me to prove  that it's not. I can only offer my assurances that this is not a ponzi scheme

I've been a part of the bitcoin community for over a year now. I hope that experience counts for something
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 12:45:53 PM

"I know this does look like a ponzi scheme and there is no way for me to prove  that it's not. I can only offer my assurances that this is not a ponzi scheme"

Quote from: Currin Trading, EVE Online Ponzi First Hand Account
I replied, "there's really no way to verify this. That's why I always recommend that people only invest what they feel comfortable with, and that varies from person to person."

You only started posting a week ago. Did you SERIOUSLY think about trying your luck at copying Currin Trading?

Young characters are either n00bs or alts. I was a n00b. But I decided it would be better to be considered an alt than a n00b

Kthnx bye, we've actually seen ponzis before (ie pirate, obsi, whatever), pulling another one isn't going to work.
jmutch (OP)

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 12:51:53 PM

"I know this does look like a ponzi scheme and there is no way for me to prove  that it's not. I can only offer my assurances that this is not a ponzi scheme"

Quote from: Currin Trading, EVE Online Ponzi First Hand Account
I replied, "there's really no way to verify this. That's why I always recommend that people only invest what they feel comfortable with, and that varies from person to person."

You only started posting a week ago. Did you SERIOUSLY think about trying your luck at copying Currin Trading?

Young characters are either n00bs or alts. I was a n00b. But I decided it would be better to be considered an alt than a n00b

Thanks for the feedback. This isn't a short term thing for me i guess i'll just have to prove my integrity over time.

I got one up on you trade fortress i been a part of the community for longer.  Wink
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 12:56:58 PM

I just checked my email, I registered on Gox at least before 6/24/11 (probably a few months earlier, Gox didn't send registration confirmation emails by then). Yes, I witnessed the infamous hack. Teh provez:

Code:
Delivered-To: admin@glados.cc
Received: by 10.42.170.65 with SMTP id e1cs174291icz;
        Fri, 24 Jun 2011 00:45:34 -0700 (PDT)
Received: by 10.147.34.9 with SMTP id m9mr3214412yaj.26.1308901533878;
        Fri, 24 Jun 2011 00:45:33 -0700 (PDT)
Return-Path: <info@mtgox.com>
Received: from w001.mo.us.xta.net (w001.mo.us.xta.net [173.224.125.222])
        by mx.google.com with ESMTP id b9si5652958ank.53.2011.06.24.00.45.33;
        Fri, 24 Jun 2011 00:45:33 -0700 (PDT)
Received-SPF: neutral (google.com: 173.224.125.222 is neither permitted nor denied by best guess record for domain of info@mtgox.com) client-ip=173.224.125.222;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=neutral (google.com: 173.224.125.222 is neither permitted nor denied by best guess record for domain of info@mtgox.com) smtp.mail=info@mtgox.com
Received: by w001.mo.us.xta.net (Postfix, from userid 65534)
id 52FF842DE5A; Fri, 24 Jun 2011 07:45:30 +0000 (GMT)
To: Admin@glados.cc
Subject: [Mt.Gox] Account recovery request
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 16:45:30 +0900
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Content-Disposition: inline
MIME-Version: 1.0
Message-Id: <20110624074533.52FF842DE5A@w001.mo.us.xta.net>

Dear user,=0A=0AYour account recovery request has been updated.=0A=0APle=
ase follow this link (the same as in the previous email) to see your rec=
overy request status, if it was successful or not.=0A=0Ahttps://claim.mt=
gox.com/?claim_id=3Dc1d57ca2-c0ac-4eb4-a4e5-018b7922dc8f&claim_code=3DTV=
XLC7JCXRB4NB9EST24GUH777A5GTMY=0A=0A=0ABest regards,=0AThe Mt.Gox team=
=0A=0A=0AThis email is an automated email resulting from the submission=
 of the form on https://claim.mtgox.com/ and verification by our team
jmutch (OP)

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 01:02:48 PM

Nice. That is a long time ago Smiley
danieldaniel

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 01:21:18 PM

Nice. That is a long time ago Smiley
I've been a part of the community for 1.5+ years and I think this is a ponzi, too!

miTgiB

Activity: 251

Du hast

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 02:15:05 PM

This isn't a short term thing for me i guess i'll just have to prove my integrity over time.

The long scam
Factory

Activity: 259

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 02:23:27 PM

Scam.
jmutch (OP)

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 02:28:31 PM

This isn't a ponzi. I guess I would think the same thing from an outside perspective. Might have to get friends to buy some shares.

Any way don't expect anyone to get involved before its on an exchange Smiley
furuknap

Activity: 294

http://coin.furuknap.net/

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2013, 02:29:14 PM

This isn't a ponzi. I guess I would think the same thing from an outside perspective. Might have to get friends to buy some shares.

Why not just list it at BTCT and get it over with?

.b

burnside
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1006

Lead Blockchain Developer

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2013, 03:19:36 PM

I'm not sure how helpful this is, but if your fund is operating on btct.co you can turn on a publicly viewable profile in the account settings.  It will give you a URL where you can send people to verify any btct.co assets your fund is holding.

Cheers.
ldrgn

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 03:28:03 PM

This isn't a ponzi.

So how do you reconcile "This isn't a ponzi." with "weekly dividends of at least 1% of the capital gathered from public offerings"?  What am I missing here?
Deprived

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 03:41:07 PM

Why not just list it at BTCT and get it over with?

.b

Because he needs to sell 5 BTC worth of shares first to pay the listing fee.

And that's what's wrong with this (same thing that's been obviously wrong with a bunch of similar attempts to start funds).  There's no sign of any of the profits the issuer claims to have made being invested in the fund.  Which leaves only two possibilities;

1.  The issuer doesn't have any funds.  That would suggest either he doesn't make profit OR he can't manage his own finances.  Neither of which is a good advertisement for running an investment fund.
2.  He's investing his own cash elsewhere.  Which means either a conflict of interest (if he's doing same thing with his own cash in parallel then which do you think will get priority on buys/sells?) or that he believes this isn't as good an invetsment as whatever he's doing with his own funds.

If someone starts a fund I expect to see some of their own cash/assets already in it - preferably verifiable - to show that they a) aren't broke and b) have some skin in the game.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 03:56:52 PM

Which is exactly what I did. Throughout the early stages I held up to 30% of the fund.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: