Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 03:48:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin eventually disappear...  (Read 4221 times)
KingdomHearts

Activity: 896
Merit: 514

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 11:15:55 AM

The only thing in life guaranteed is death
Death is compulsory and never be underestimated but here we are talking about bitcoins that are immortal. You must not consider this death factor with bitcoins because if this is the case, then one must be only thinking about death and just stick to it, being feared. Everything is still out there for you, so as the bitcoins. And we hope bitcoins will remain immortal till long time.
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
alfs75

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

platform for everyday business

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 12:09:59 PM

There will be a fixed number if Bitcoins, and people, because of human error, will accidentally lose Bitcoins every now and then.

This must mean that Bitcoin will eventually seize to exist? Or at least shrink to minimal amounts, when it shrinks to a certain level, it will no longer be useful.

Is this correct?

Will actually we respect your opinion that bitcoin will eventually seize to exist or shrinks to minimal amount,but as in my own thought,bitcoin will exist for the purpose of helping the economic growth and promoting the capitalism country,by means of cryptocurrency,and i believe that  bitcoin will not shrinks,when its goes to its minimal amount,because we believe that bitcoin  would not going to that situation,instead its will pump more and never die in cryptoworld.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ CRYPTOEXCHANGE TowerX ]
▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
Pattart

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 12:10:53 PM

The only thing in life guaranteed is death
Death is compulsory and never be underestimated but here we are talking about bitcoins that are immortal. You must not consider this death factor with bitcoins because if this is the case, then one must be only thinking about death and just stick to it, being feared. Everything is still out there for you, so as the bitcoins. And we hope bitcoins will remain immortal till long time.
I think death is only for living beings not for a technological development, currency, or commodity like bitcoin. you should be able to know the difference. human will die because they have age and age limitations. whereas bitcoin is not bound by time so it will not get old and die. yeah this kind of speculation just makes a lot of people scared. as long as the user continues to use bitcoin. then bitcoin will never disappear and forever survive
JerryJam

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 12:27:42 PM

We all know the expression that nothing arises from nowhere and disappears into nowhere. Bitcoin has become a leader among all cryptocurrencies. Since its number in the world has a limit. And is 21 million coins. This means that one day the last coin will be mined. But with a decrease in its number, the price of bitcoin will grow. Perhaps in the future it will give rise to some new crypto coin. Another factor for the completion of bitcoin can be the situation if suddenly for some reason the Internet disappears.

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X           [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!
andrei214

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 01:10:52 PM

There will be a fixed number if Bitcoins, and people, because of human error, will accidentally lose Bitcoins every now and then.

This must mean that Bitcoin will eventually seize to exist? Or at least shrink to minimal amounts, when it shrinks to a certain level, it will no longer be useful.

Is this correct?

Bitcoin cant disappear that easily specially nowadays, there were many investors and members trust bitcoin.If became a widely use even if there were many threats on it because, they have seen a big potential within bitcoin.

▲▼ ZICHAIN ▲▼ ▲▼  JOIN OUR PRIVATE SALE NOW! ZICHAIN.IO ▲▼ FACEBOOK ▲▼ TELEGRAM ▲▼ TWITTER ▲▼ THREAD ▲▼ REDDIT  ▲▼
superjeyy

Activity: 182
Merit: 147

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 01:36:54 PM

Let's face the fact that nothing in this world is permanent so in one way or another, Bitcoin can disappear. We have to be realistic here that nothing really lasts forever, even if technology has some way of preserving it, it will degrade over time. We are in an era that is highly dependent on technology, where crypto is an arising asset to own by anyone. Bitcoin has a bright future so it will exist for a long time and as long as it continues to be flexible or improve into something better, then we would see Bitcoin for a long time; but we should be realistic here that someday, another cryptocurrency or even something out of the blue can outshine Bitcoin and make it eventually disappear.
trecore4

Activity: 658
Merit: 260

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 01:38:06 PM

Is this correct?

But have you wondered that the prices will spike like crazy when the supply will keep going down and the demand will keep rising all the time? That would be crazy to see and I think as the time will pass smart people will keep buying more and more bitcoins and they will store it crazy secured. I am very very desperate about this thought now as it could change the course of bitcoin market cap and the price that depends on it. :-)

It wont be useful thats true but those people who are still holding it will get the biggest pie of all time and will get huge money profits. They might not have to work again for generations to come. Lol.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Joy12345

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 02:05:46 PM

We cant predict what will happen to the near future in bitcoin but it will not really disappear that fast because there is a process that will need to conduct. Nothing is permanent in this world, maybe bitcoin will disappear but no one can predict. As far as I know, there are more people who trusting bitcoin because of its capacity and capability and also bitcoin is a decentralized system and it has a continous higher rate in value. As long as people trust bitcoin, it will continously flow positive and smoothly. Also, bitcoin has a great help in each individual who using it.
franzkie345

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 03:05:28 PM

I think this would not dissappear since we all know its already dominating the economy at present. Millions and more are interested on it and for the next 2 or 3 decades it will always be a bitcoin and eventually will have highet rates where in you will have income at the same time you learn.

Yes, bitcoin will not disappear as long as there is internet and it is being legal to other countries because people nowadays trusted cryptocurrencies, and its helping some countries for economic growth.
Tungsten-1

Activity: 994
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 06:36:08 PM

Is this correct?

Bitcoin cant disappear that easily specially nowadays, there were many investors and members trust bitcoin.If became a widely use even if there were many threats on it because, they have seen a big potential within bitcoin.
It is out of question for bitcoin to disappear forever or even temporarily. There are many big companies and businesses that have started taking interest into bitcoin on a serious note and they are even ready to pay their employees in bitcoin. All this indicates the involvement of bitcoin in business world and its penetration in the market. Such practical support to bitcoin will not let it perish away from the market of digital currencies. I am very much confident regarding its future.
Best Dreams

Activity: 1008
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 08:44:02 PM

It won’t really be a problem, and that’s because I already made lots of profit from it. Those it will affect is those that have not earned anything from it yet, just like newbies. But there are people who have made huge profits, so even if Bitcoin disappears today or tomorrow, they wouldn’t mind.
You are right to some extent but I think there is no reality in the statement because bitcoin is not being disappear but it is being more and more highlight now, more people are being aware of bitcoin, they are involving crypto currency as a source of income, the trust of people is gradually developing now which in increasing the age of bitcoin, bitcoin is currency, it is saving and it is future as well, so bitcoin is a famous currency which made a lot of people rich and still has the power to give them more in future.
Sum24

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 09:13:37 PM

Is this correct?

Agree with you it is the time for the bitcoin to grow more and more, it is increasing in demand and price these days. Still more than 90% of people in my country trust bitcoin and they are making high amount of investment every month, increasing demand and the price is a sign that bitcoin will not be disappear till long, I am pretty sure we will able to see bitcoin as legal currency in a lot of countries including mine, bitcoin has many benefits for its investors so bitcoin is not going to disappear mate.
fiomcorka

Activity: 496
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:31:58 AM

Is this correct?

Bitcoin now is starting to penetrate by  accepting it as a means of payments whether in online or stock markets, even banks. so if thats the case, government will make a way to retain it if it will become mode of payments everywhere. so i don't think it will disappear.
I must say that bitcoin is gaining more and more better reputation with every passing day and that there is no such point of saying such kind of things that bitcoin is getting disappeared or anything like that. Bitcoin is there and will surely remain there in this very world for a very significant period of time and that it will keep on helping all of us in making a better living and helping us in having what all we need to have.
RudeeTam

Activity: 299
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:58:41 AM

Maybe in the future they will find a way to gain access to those "lost" coins. I'm not much into programming but the way I understand it is because of its tight security unless you know the private key to the addresses then you can't move those coins. If it weren't, security is nothing. So, we'll just see what happens.

● sgamepro ●   ❐ Telegram ❐   ❐ Whitepaper ❐     ● sgamepro ●
███   PLAY MOBILE GAMES MINE   ███
████ █     CRYPTO-TOKENS EARN REAL MONEY █ ████
Bugsbey

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:00:32 AM

Well you posted this in the "Economics" section, so let's make this about economics.

People have an amount of BTC.  The higher the value of their BTC, the more likely they are to keep it in safe locations or spread it between different places.  So the chance of them losing their BTC decreases exponentially as the price rises.

If they lose BTC, the supply decreases, therefore making the remaining BTC supply (marginally) more valuable and making people less likely to lose it.  So it never reaches a point at which there's not enough left.

So basically, no.  It's impossible.
How analytical is the idea.  The existence of bitcoin really depends on the community. As long as the community uses, needs and wants it then bitcoin will not disappear. The law on supply and demand also applies to this.
keeee

Activity: 574
Merit: 267

" Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back "

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:29:39 AM

Is this correct?

In my own opinion, I think bitcoin will end in the future because of its limited amount. If that will not happen in the future, it may experience downfall and will not be famous any more. There will be other crypto currencies that will surpass the features and capabilities of bitcoin.

chocolah29

Activity: 588
Merit: 128

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:57:45 AM

Well you posted this in the "Economics" section, so let's make this about economics.

People have an amount of BTC.  The higher the value of their BTC, the more likely they are to keep it in safe locations or spread it between different places.  So the chance of them losing their BTC decreases exponentially as the price rises.

If they lose BTC, the supply decreases, therefore making the remaining BTC supply (marginally) more valuable and making people less likely to lose it.  So it never reaches a point at which there's not enough left.

So basically, no.  It's impossible.
They lose that bitcoin but it is not gone. It cant just disappear from wallet. The fact that the person cant acces the wallet doesnt mean the bitcoins doesn't exist. Yeah, bitcoin price is partially determined by the total supply but if you lost your bitcoins wallet thats not going to decrease the total supply. It will remain the same. The price grows every day because it is harder and harder to mine it not because bitcoins are lost every day

Exactly and if someone's bitcoin loss it will disappear forever and if disappearing bitcoin can affect the supply, well maybe we still have a high supply yet this won't happen.

I don't know what OP in his mind for asking this, maybe he's not just aware how the demand and supply dictates the value of bitcoin and it actually apply to all things and this how the law of supply and demand works.

SUBSCRIBE NOW
SixOfFive

Activity: 630
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 10:15:21 PM
Last edit: March 09, 2018, 07:48:19 PM by SixOfFive

I don't believe that human error can occur on such a large scale on the same time. This situation is practically impossible to happen. Its an hypothetical situation which has baseless argue. As per this situation anything can happen in this world, All Banks severs can crash at same moment, and have endless possibilities.
TravelMug

Activity: 2618
Merit: 833

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 11:42:37 PM

I don't believe that human error can occur on such a large scale on the same time. This situation is practically impossible to happen.

Yes. Those human error mostly happened in the past. Because those most of the early holders didn't see that bitcoin will go as high as $19K in the future. So they throw their desktops, others formatted their pc, etc.

And the lost bitcoin will somewhat add to the price of bitcoin in the positive. Because bitcoin is very scarce and the closer we get to 21M coins, the bigger the price. So I don't think that bitcoin will just disappear. It will be rare in the future that will push its price to new heights.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
futuret

Activity: 728
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 06:42:52 PM

Is this correct?

In my own opinion, I think bitcoin will end in the future because of its limited amount. If that will not happen in the future, it may experience downfall and will not be famous any more. There will be other crypto currencies that will surpass the features and capabilities of bitcoin.
This is really so absurd to wonder even in the wildest thoughts that bitcoin is going to disappear form the world gradually. Bitcoin has given people a new hope of living their dreamed lives and make their future brighter than the brightest diamond in the world. bitcoin has the support of public, common man is taking maximum advantage of this currency so I don’t think so, any entity or authority in the world is strong enough to remove bitcoin forever.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: