Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 10:09:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 65 nm Chips - [BFL ACCEPTED 100% ESCROW by John K.] - Group Buy #1 - Kernel32  (Read 14745 times)
KGambler

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 08:01:23 PM

Just on principle. Why would any buy a BFL product? Simply a NO! Let them rot. This is how you repay them for all the lies and BS. You simply don't buy any more of their products. There is not win win here. Let them rot on the vine.

They are an extremely scummy company and have done many underhanded things, but people are not going to pass up a chance to acquire a money printing machine.  Will BFL ever ship in bulk?  Probably not - but if they do, they will have no shortage of customers.

My favorite BFL low-life scam tactic was the fake 1,000 BTC charity donation "gaurantee".
a1phanumrc

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 08:08:55 PM

My favorite BFL low-life scam tactic was the fake 1,000 BTC charity donation "gaurantee".

Yup. They will never see a BTC from me because of this (and the other BS).

I have Josh on record here stating BFL will honor the donation.

It's June. Who got it?

BC tips: BA1phaSEpCN7jiSS33SSWXf3Bs1rP9SKir
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 08:14:36 PM

It is refreshing to see some people being smart and looking before they leap.

Unlike those June 2012 BFL preorder customers.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

jspielberg

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 08:16:54 PM

I think there is no chance that BFL will agree to this - none at all. 

BFL is desperate for cash.  Even if BFL had enough on-hand capital to accept, some existing customers would be tempted to cancel their existing pre-orders and post up with the chip escrow instead.  This whole idea is the direct opposite of what BFL is trying to achieve.

Good luck though.

I tend to agree... I think BFL is on the ropes.

I speculate that if they weren't dying for cash they would have priced in BTC... but I think they need the cash and they need it now.

I would say there is no chance that BFL will accede to the demands of this buy for just 100 chips.  They would much rather put the risk on the customer and if they need the money, then it works against them to foot all the risk up front.

Best of luck though... you might get "lucky" and they agree.
ecliptic

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 08:17:52 PM

Just on principle. Why would any buy a BFL product? Simply a NO! Let them rot. This is how you repay them for all the lies and BS. You simply don't buy any more of their products. There is not win win here. Let them rot on the vine.

They are an extremely scummy company and have done many underhanded things, but people are not going to pass up a chance to acquire a money printing machine

Avalon is already selling chips though.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 08:20:22 PM

I might be open to do this if there was a set period (say 1 month?) where BFL will have to release more proof on the issue like reference designs/chip examples etc, and a definite period where the escrow get released back to the buyers if BFL still does not ship. (say 100 days like they promised?)

Anyhow, I'm still waiting and watching this. I don't want people to get their coins tied up too long (and me increasing my risks of holding the coins even longer) if BFL keeps delaying. If anyone has a better idea of what's going on I'm all ears.  Smiley

Thank you for taking the time John.

I would maybe also add a condition of at least one capable board developer involved before any funds are collected. IF there is a reason to do so anyway. Wink

My God,

You are doing everything right! What the hell is wrong with all the other threads that they aren't seemingly even doing half of what you are doing...

I am gonna guess you are the "go to" place for the first BFL batch order. I don't see it happening in the other threads. (Well except maybe with MrTeal.)
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 08:22:55 PM

Look, one huuuge issue is the lead time in developing a valid PCB and working prototype, seeing as BFL haven't managed one to opensource themselves either...!

They'd need to be supplying advance chips to DIY board developers to make this work in their favour...

F**k they need to do that to complete their existing pre-orders anyway!!
Good idea, and this is something they can actually do right now.

See, there is always a silver lining if executed right.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 08:29:21 PM

I recall that, it really got under my skin.

Whats worse was BFL_Josh (Inaba) was letting people fight it out "over which charity" would be getting the winnings if they lost the bet.

All vapor, no substance.

He recently admitted on the BFL forums that they missed their power numbers. Plainly stated in no uncertain terms. The only question left is when the Mods and Admins are going to carry out the penalty. It's pretty black and white at this point.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4606
Merit: 1276

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 08:49:52 PM

He recently admitted on the BFL forums that they missed their power numbers. Plainly stated in no uncertain terms. The only question left is when the Mods and Admins are going to carry out the penalty. It's pretty black and white at this point.

Don't hold your breath.

BFL is to bitcointalk.org as HSBC is the the US justice dept.

Not only bitcointalk.org, but the Bitcoin Foundation who provided BFL with a scamming platform at the 2013 conference.  Now if only they could put some resource into actually addressing frauds, thefts, and scams, that would be great.  Until then, they are pretty much as useless as tits on a boar hog in my opinion.

edit: quoting.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Kernel32 (OP)

Activity: 85

If you can't do something smart,do something right

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 09:31:02 PM

Just on principle. Why would any buy a BFL product? Simply a NO! Let them rot. This is how you repay them for all the lies and BS. You simply don't buy any more of their products. There is no win win here. Let them rot on the vine that is what they deserve. Let them fulfill their contractual obligations and everyone can move on to be better products coming out right now.
A lot of people let BFL literally take they'r money away without any hard guarantees (inc. myself). Not every company would take advantage of those people. BFL did. Its about the managers in charge of the company and they'r decisions.

There is a theory, that only scammable people can be scammed. This is not completely true, but you can keep the chances to a minimum.

I'm trying to do real business where costumer has guarantees and get what was agreed on and paid for. That is completely new attitude.

We are not under stress nor vision of becoming filthy rich tomorrow (still would be OK if that is the case). Let's do it right this time.

90% our conditions will not be met. We had the balls to argue with butterflies. It could prevent somebody else getting scammed. >> I call that a win  Wink
9,9% we make it happen >> Epic win.
0,1% we get scammed by John K., THE government, board manufacturer or UFOs >> Epic fail.

1FqMyFU9CH3WST6oRsw6ZjJNZ5ScXANzqi
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4606
Merit: 1276

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 09:35:55 PM

90% our conditions will not be met. We had the balls to argue with BFL. It could prevent somebody else getting scammed. >> I call that a win  Wink
9,9% we make it happen >> Epic win.
0,1% we get scammed by John K., THE government or UFOs >> Epic fail.

I'd call tying up one's money for something which is inflexible and poorly implemented and likely to be obsolete by the time it is delivered even if a miracle happened and it was delivered on time an Epic fail.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Kernel32 (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 09:37:28 PM
Last edit: June 02, 2013, 09:57:31 PM by Kernel32

I'd call tying up one's money for something which is inflexible and poorly implemented and likely to be obsolete by the time it is delivered even if a miracle happened and it was delivered on time an Epic fail.

I agree with you. We don't want that to happen. (BFL costumers already know what you are talking about.)

EDIT: Remember BFL needs the community to produce a mining board or they won't sell ... a single chip.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 10:08:26 PM

I agree with you. We don't want that to happen. (BFL costumers already know what you are talking about.)

EDIT: Remember BFL needs the community to produce a mining board or they won't sell ... a single chip.

Perhaps that is what they are hoping?

lol "let's let the community come up with the board since we can't".

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Kernel32 (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 06:43:56 AM
Last edit: June 03, 2013, 06:56:21 AM by Kernel32

Perhaps that is what they are hoping?

lol "let's let the community come up with the board since we can't".

It seems that is the strategy of BFL. Or some combination of that and desire to make a quick buck plus the fact that BitSyncom (Avalon) sells they'r chips in vast quantities (dominates the market previously owned by butterflies).

They need the board and they need the costumers. What is there for us of it? Let's see.

I might be open to do this if there was a set period (say 1 month?) where BFL will have to release more proof on the issue like reference designs/chip examples etc, and a definite period where the escrow get released back to the buyers if BFL still does not ship. (say 100 days like they promised?)

Anyhow, I'm still waiting and watching this. I don't want people to get their coins tied up too long (and me increasing my risks of holding the coins even longer) if BFL keeps delaying. If anyone has a better idea of what's going on I'm all ears.  Smiley

Thank you for taking the time John.

I would maybe also add a condition of at least one capable board developer involved before any funds are collected. IF there is a reason to do so anyway. Wink

My God,

You are doing everything right! What the hell is wrong with all the other threads that they aren't seemingly even doing half of what you are doing...

I am gonna guess you are the "go to" place for the first BFL batch order. I don't see it happening in the other threads. (Well except maybe with MrTeal.)

Thank you for the support PuertoLibre.

The word is out there. BFL's turn now.

They can't stop the signal.

GalaxyASIC

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 06:57:28 AM

Where did you see that "BFL needs the community to produce a mining board or they won't sell ... a single chip." ?

HashFast REFUND ! I am a HashFast's Batch 1 customer and I want full 100% BTC refund.
KS

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 07:50:35 AM

Where did you see that "BFL needs the community to produce a mining board or they won't sell ... a single chip." ?

Stands to reason, they're not selling boards, so *someone* needs to make them. They can't sell chips if there aren't any boards to plug them in. Unless you're in the collector keychain business.
Kernel32 (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 08:12:42 AM
Last edit: June 03, 2013, 08:27:45 AM by Kernel32

It is possible someone will buy the chips without board development emerging, you are right. There is o lot of people, some are insane, some may know more than I do.

Stands to reason, they're not selling boards, so *someone* needs to make them. They can't sell chips if there aren't any boards to plug them in. Unless you're in the collector keychain business.

BFL will probably not find a corporation willing to take the risks of developing a board given the previous fail. (And risks of being accused of dealing with the devil himself, burned.  Grin )

AsicBite

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 09:45:34 AM

Hi I an new to BTC but I am researching it for the last week , here is the video on YT that I guess most of you saw , but I am wondering if this guy is somehow connected to BFL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vw7kVfJ5X5Y - Jalopeno teardown by codinginmydream
There is also other video showing Jalopeno in work.
My question is, is this a proof that BFL has developed a working board or this is just a scam , it seems legit to me?
Kernel32 (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 09:58:32 AM
Last edit: June 03, 2013, 10:09:23 AM by Kernel32

Hi I an new to BTC but I am researching it for the last week , here is the video on YT that I guess most of you saw , but I am wondering if this guy is somehow connected to BFL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vw7kVfJ5X5Y - Jalopeno teardown by codinginmydream
My question is, is this a proof that BFL has developed a working board or this is just a scam , it seems legit to me?

Hi. This might help you. http://bfl.ptz.ro/ It's a list of some people that received Jalapenos so far (and more unlucky ones still waiting to give you the whole disastrous picture - considering most people did not register in that form, this is HUGE ...). You can contact most of Jalapeno owners with further questions by PM. There is however no guarantee costumers and products delivered on the list are not fictional. Validation requires more research: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=222762.msg2344169#msg2344169

They (butterflies) sort of managed to scam people even if they deliver product at the (far away) end. Very creative.

Read more in PuertoLibre's signature above if curious how that is even possible.

AsicBite

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 10:09:39 AM

Hi. This might help you. http://bfl.ptz.ro/ It's a list of some people that received Jalapenos so far (and more unlucky ones still waiting to give you the whole disastrous picture - considering most people did not register in that form this is HUGE). You can contact most of them with further questions by PM.

They (butterflies) sort of managed to scam people even if they deliver product at the (far away) end. Very creative.

Read more in PuertoLibre's signature above.

Thanks Kernel32 , what I understand is they have working boards , but they won't sell them, instead they need community to develop opens source boards.
As only few orders are delivered , they are just buying time to mine with already produced units , until Avalon chips started shipping at which time they can start shipping their products - IMHO , and they want to cash in more with BFL chips , hm if they take your proposition of escrow I will throw couple of BTC
Thanks for clarifying !
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: