Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:22:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HOW TO SPOT A WINNING ICO  (Read 2408 times)
David_5M

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

Making Blockchain Safer for Everyday Use

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2017, 03:13:16 PM

For me the winning combination would be - A great idea which has real life use case added with a great team with proven track record with VC backing and reputed names associated as advisors. Most importantly, a realistic hardcap.

Agree with the team, track record and hard cap etc ... but VC backing is good but not a must. That is my opinion.

"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
svendoto23

Activity: 218

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 03:31:01 PM

I 've been trying to find out all the things that would lead me to spot the wining ICO, meaning an ICO that will not just enter a the platforms to make a quick buck.

An ICO I can really HODL.

I have gathered the below up to now:

• The founders are working on something great, with details on their design and their roadmap.
  • The founders are not worried with deadlines, but are making changes when necessary to ensure the safety of their project.
  • The founders know their project of by heart. They can answer logical questions. They love it when people ask them about their project and the details of the development.
  • The founders could be promising the world, but not tomorrow. If they are promising you to become rich tomorrow, something looks bad.

New points from other members:
  • Competent development team is the most important rule. Ideas are not enough. There should be good devs to build around those ideas. That is main rule.
  • ICO's with a low or reasonable market cap and ICO's that have set a max cap.
  • [it could apply sometimes] The winning icos will be having a large of the communities that will always try to monitoring the development process of the project that was including about the crowdsale too.
  • Truly wining ICO gets a news coverage on the media.
  • The ICO softcap is fulfilled ahead of time.
  • If something seems too good to be true, it probably is.

Looking forward to enhance my list. I will add your ideas to the above list.

This is a very good pointers to have, like me I'm a newbie in this trading and stuff . This list will help me a lot on seeing what the ico is good . Thanks on sharing about this . Ill see if the Ico I'm investing with have this qualities .

T r a x i o n                                                            TRADE AND EARN DURING PRE-ICO
TRANSITIONS YOU TO A CRYPTO-READY SOCIETY       Pre-Sale starts April 15, 2018
Github     Telegram     Medium     Facebook     Twitter     Reddit     Youtube
CarlJohnson89

Activity: 112

https://triaconta.com/?ref=COMBI-154794

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2017, 04:07:49 PM

I 've been trying to find out all the things that would lead me to spot the wining ICO, meaning an ICO that will not just enter a the platforms to make a quick buck.

• The founders are working on something great, with details on their design and their roadmap.
  • The founders are not worried with deadlines, but are making changes when necessary to ensure the safety of their project.
  • The founders know their project of by heart. They can answer logical questions. They love it when people ask them about their project and the details of the development.
  • The founders could be promising the world, but not tomorrow. If they are promising you to become rich tomorrow, something looks bad.

• Competent development team is the most important rule. Ideas are not enough. There should be good devs to build around those ideas. That is main rule.
  • [it could apply sometimes] The winning icos will be having a large of the communities that will always try to monitoring the development process of the project that was including about the crowdsale too.

Thank you for this list OP, really helpfull! I think indeed the community backing the coin is an important indicator, not only how many people and how involved they are, but also how realistic their expectations are.

carrie_white

Activity: 784
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 05:06:42 PM

it is the most difficult task, because surely all bounty hunters or investors would also want to know which ico project to be successful, which can be viewed from an ico project is a team profile idea, and their marketing and promotional strategy

AllToMoon

Activity: 234
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 06:20:51 PM

It's impossible to make the only one decision. In my opinion ICO investor should choose 5-10 promising ICO on their choice, and invest in it. If one of them will fly to 10x you will got your rewards. Or give work to team of professional investors to choose some for you. See my signature Finshi is one of them
freedomsr40

Activity: 471
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 06:38:10 PM

I personally like the ICOs with existing running business. Because in this case, you can check their profit and loss and business model to judge yourself if there is a future or not. The problem is this kind of ICO is usually less "attractive" because they promise less than those who has nothing in hand.
johnsm79 (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

trade.io - Join the Trading Revolution

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2017, 07:07:16 PM

I personally like the ICOs with existing running business. Because in this case, you can check their profit and loss and business model to judge yourself if there is a future or not. The problem is this kind of ICO is usually less "attractive" because they promise less than those who has nothing in hand.

Indeed it has it's prons, if you look at it this way. I will add it, but also keep a notice, that this may not go all the way.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  TRADE.IO       ║     WHITEPAPER  •  ANN THREAD  •  TELEGRAM     ║     JOIN THE TRADING REVOLUTION
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
SPACIUM1

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2017, 07:10:29 PM

There are alot of flaws with ICO information. As an 20 Year+ Tech Investor, Startup and Entrepreneur the ICO market lacks the fundamentals. Financial projections, and the basic stuff like income statements, balance sheets, cash flows.

The core of it stems from most ICO's are not back by a security, so the basis of the sales is Income to the company. Most pre-seed ICO's don't address this distinction and are definitely frauds.

The problem I see is that ICO's are only focused ideas and moreover the grandiosity of these ideas are not connected to any reality. To me that permeates the fraud/failure potentials.

I recently integrated the crypto revenue from my token and ongoing token operations into my financials and its miraculous. This is the potential to really make ICO's and Crypto work as a viable business. Back to the problem of IDEAS vs Substance its a dilemma here in cryptoland.. and like my old boss said.. "Ideas are like assholes everyone has one, you need to make your idea reality. "

Although we dont talk about financial projections in public ie- Whitepaper, we do have this information on hand for pitches. We think this is the right way to launch and ICO. Anyway check out our plan here https://spacium.io/ any feedback would be great.

Hmm maybe I will post a crypto integrated financial statement???

Cheers!! Grin Grin Grin ;
RecklessRocket

Activity: 38

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 07:53:49 PM

Yes, I agree. if an ICO is already in business instead of just starting today.

(It takes a lot of time, effort and energy to start a new business)
PursuitofGainz

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 08:18:20 PM

I agree with everything you stated OP. And thats how I have been going about determining my own investments within the ICO world. But on another note, I'm curious if any of you guys have had success with investments on sleeper ICOs. Solid team, idea, market cap, etc but a low level of hype going onto the exchange release. This may be a key to the most realized gain over the many hyped and over valued ICOs we keep seeing today.
jayc89

Activity: 756

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 09:37:51 PM

For me the winning combination would be - A great idea which has real life use case added with a great team with proven track record with VC backing and reputed names associated as advisors. Most importantly, a realistic hardcap.
Money in high volumes does not always lead to a successful project. There's many projects on here that listed then withered away over time.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Rastadon

Activity: 175

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 10:36:05 PM

Money in high volumes does not always lead to a successful project. There's many projects on here that listed then withered away over time.

Just like stratis was strating with some hundreds million dollar and in this time the total market cap already touched billion dollar, that was a successful project in this time with low amount of the investment.

leas1985

Activity: 4

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 10:43:51 PM

Useful information. Trying to get my head around ICOs

Thanks
savioroshan

Activity: 770

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 11:03:38 PM

In my opinion if the ICO idea is good and the project team has got enough bucks in their pocket to promote it, then definitely that ICO will be a success. The  project  should be based on a realistic idea. Recently I came across a wonderful ICO - sentry chain. Its for developing own blockchain with just a click , just like creating tokens with waves.
Mobshady24

Activity: 266
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 11:36:37 PM

• Projects with an existing product, could look more promising, but people could be less likely to invest. It all has to do, at which stage their project is running and where they want to take it.

Good tips dude, i will take note of this.
Too many ICO today so some tips from forum user like this one is good for those who want to invest to an ICO project, it is getting hard to trust some ICO because there are too many popping up right now and most of them has small difference or even no difference with their platforms.

DCCDistributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
Coldsnap4457

Activity: 98

STOCKBET TOKEN SALE OCT 29 - USABLE SOFTWARE TODAY

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 11:45:26 PM

• Projects with an existing product, could look more promising, but people could be less likely to invest. It all has to do, at which stage their project is running and where they want to take it.

There have been many projects that fit your description and have not delivered.  Here are only a few examples:

EOS raised $230 million and said that they were going to release something by end of summer.  Nothing yet. With $230 million, EOS should have solved world hunger by now.

Gnosis raised $12.5 million and their website says that they are releasing their game by first half of 2017. Nothing yet.

Qtum raised $15.6 million. I don't see anything produced on Qtum's website.

After raising $50 million, Cosmos's website is still pitching its white paper. Come on. What have they produced with that $50 million?

MobileGo raised $53 million. Here's the roadmap from their white paper:

May - June: Gamecredits Mobile Store Public Launch
May - June: Gamecredits accepted for mobile store games and in- game content purchases
July - August: first centralized tournaments on platform

However, I don't see any of that on their website. They're mainly bragging about how their token is on exchanges. What are they doing? Day-trading their own token?

The only way to know if a team is capable of building something is if they have already built something for you to run now. EVERYTHING ELSE IS USELESS, including team, fancy pretentious titles, references, roadmap, video, fancy animations, escrow, blogs, Slack, Telegram, Twitter, Facebook, Reddit and white paper.

beebee187

Activity: 256

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 12:29:57 AM

By no means am I a pro at this, but I always look for a strong dev team, an active community and following and most importantly real world applications that I would picture myself and other using/adopting.

bongiu

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 12:33:17 AM

Wow that's an excellent guideline, another thing I would add, although it may not be so important but for me it is, it's the lenght of the Whitepaper. I've seen really good Whitepapers where they comprise everything in just 20 pages, and I've also seen Whitepapers of 50 pages that are just pure crap haha
pikatju

Activity: 336

https://wallet.merit.me/?invite=Pikachu

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 01:12:24 AM

Powerledger has a great whitepaper. I would consider loading up on Powerledger. The ICO is running now and it is super cheap. Check it out here

elite2291

Activity: 161

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 01:21:44 AM

I completely agree. For me it's about the founders/team, backers, idea, proof of concept, and press coverage doesn't hurt. It's so hard to find ICO's that fulfill all of these categories. One that's ending this month has really impressed me. UnikoinGold by Unikrn is an ICO for legal esports betting and tournaments. A very interesting idea that is more of a long-term game or if you're someone that participates in gaming/betting. They even do fiat betting in the UK and want to be the standard crypto in the esports space.

Definitely check them out because they have a solid team and are backed by Mark Cuban, Ashton Kutcher, Pantera Capital, and their advisor is Anthony Di Lorio, co-founder of ethereum.

https://unikoingold.com/
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: