Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:42:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Peter Vessenes: Take a step back and F*** YOUR OWN FACE!!!  (Read 8299 times)
Severian

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 04:43:20 PM

I wonder if this is related:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=224057

Effective the May 31st, 2013 Tangible Cryptography has suspended new purchases of Bitcoins through our service FastCash4Bitcoins.  We take this step in response to a notice received on the same day from the Commonwealth of Virginia that a complaint has been made that our company is operating as an unlicensed money transmitter.

Possibly. Vessenes has the mindset of a narc.
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CompNsci

Activity: 332
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 04:56:43 PM

Yea, the only sad part is that the last 30 years, in my opinion the US no longer has been a democracy, (1 person, 1 vote) not sure what to call it but nowadays its (1 dollar, 1 vote)

Is it called a "plutocracy" ?
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 09:43:35 PM

From http://www.cnbc.com/id/100774151:

But Peter Vessenes, chairman and executive director of the Bitcoin Foundation, was unfazed by the Liberty Reserve crackdown.

"The U.S. put out guidance recently through the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network, and we've been following up on that guidance and crushing bad actors," he said in an interview with CNBC Asia. "We're seeing a bit of a sweep right now," he said.

To Peter:
Really fu**face? Who exactly have you been "crushing"?
How exactly are you "regulating" bitcoin when I can still buy and sell them without using any ID? When I can still buy and sell whatever I want with them over Silk Road?
This topic is based on a typing error by CNBC.
If you watch the video and listen carefully, you can hear him say "... they've been following up on that guidance" - referring to FinCEN.

nice catch.
pa

Activity: 528
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 09:50:13 PM

From http://www.cnbc.com/id/100774151:

But Peter Vessenes, chairman and executive director of the Bitcoin Foundation, was unfazed by the Liberty Reserve crackdown.

"The U.S. put out guidance recently through the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network, and we've been following up on that guidance and crushing bad actors," he said in an interview with CNBC Asia. "We're seeing a bit of a sweep right now," he said.

To Peter:
Really fu**face? Who exactly have you been "crushing"?
How exactly are you "regulating" bitcoin when I can still buy and sell them without using any ID? When I can still buy and sell whatever I want with them over Silk Road?
This topic is based on a typing error by CNBC.
If you watch the video and listen carefully, you can hear him say "... they've been following up on that guidance" - referring to FinCEN.

D'oh!

Wowww...  Someone owes someone else an apology.

C'mon now... Group hug.

I listened to Peter in the video and it's definitely "they've" not "we've." Peter is just saying that FinCen has been going after those who are ignoring its interpretation of the law.
Swapster

Activity: 131
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 10:46:17 PM

This BitcoinFoundation thing is just BS - I hope nobody is donating to them.

That said,  I still want the use of Bitcoin to go mainstream. The less regulation the better. Let technology figure out how to regulate the markets - not heavy handed, agenda driven Federal thugs that rule in favor of the banksters.
cryptoanarchist (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 12:37:05 AM

Let technology figure out how to regulate the markets - not heavy handed, agenda driven Federal thugs that rule in favor of the banksters.

I think this is inevitable. Government isn't going to be able to keep up with technological innovation at this point. For every Fastcash4bitcoin or Dwolla acct they shutdown/seize, multiple replicas will spring up.

I'm grumpy!!
Thursday

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 02:07:51 AM

peter@coinlab.com

1AXBRFK5a8dP7z8T3gb3hvUjm2F6KYFmgS
daviducsb

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 02:44:44 AM

Would be nice to see the author of this thread apologize for slamming someone based on inaccurate research.

But somehow, I don't feel that some angry sounding bozo who bashes the "mainstream zionist media" is prone to make an apology.

These types of xenophobia and anger management issues probably belong on some extreme right wing hate site, not on a thread about a serious technological advance, attacking a serious person who has probably done way more than the thread's author to advance the adoption of bitcoin. Love or hate Peter Vessenes, I definitely think he's more capable and representative of bitcoin's potential than the author of this thread.
ninjarobot

Activity: 761
Merit: 500

Mine Silent, Mine Deep

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 03:01:29 AM
Last edit: June 04, 2013, 04:47:35 AM by ninjarobot

Peter Vessenes appears to be the Limited Partner behind Bitcoinica.

Tihan has worked hard to keep the identity of the LP secret (There is a shell company in Barbados called the Wendon group) most likely to avoid any liability leaving Bitcoinica customers who had funds there royally screwed. One year later not a single customer has seen their coins returned. And we are talking many tens of thousands of BTC and USD here.

I will avoid anything that has his name attached to it like the plague. And yes, that includes the Bitcoin Foundation.

Reference: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=196150
melvster

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 05:11:12 AM

Tihan has worked hard to keep the identity of the LP secret (There is a shell company in Barbados called the Wendon group) most likely to avoid any liability leaving Bitcoinica customers who had funds there royally screwed. One year later not a single customer has seen their coins returned. And we are talking many tens of thousands of BTC and USD here.

I will avoid anything that has his name attached to it like the plague. And yes, that includes the Bitcoin Foundation.

Good catch.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 05:30:23 AM

Well, well now, so the Mayor of Bitcoinland is a master thief. Sounds about right. Carry on. All is normal. Nothing to see here.

cryptoanarchist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 01:48:06 PM

Wow, can't say I'm surprised though. What a world class asshole. Where can I find this guy? I'd like to have a "talk" with him.

I'm grumpy!!
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 02:01:12 PM

Wow, can't say I'm surprised though. What a world class asshole. Where can I find this guy? I'd like to have a "talk" with him.

He was the guy building coin mixing services, now he wants regulations... LOL, I guess.
evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 03:41:12 PM

Some people need to read between the lines.

Peter absolutely should be saying things like he's saying. Think about it long and hard and you'll figure it out. Don't be so dense.

If the public perception of bitcoin is that it's a bunch of rogues, it'll come under attack sooner than otherwise. If the public perception is that there are some rogues, but in general it's full of compliance-seekers, especially in the all-important Bitcoin Foundation, then the attack will be delayed or prevented.

The phrase walk softly and carry a big stick is important to keep in mind. The public face of Bitcoin should be gentle, accomodating, and non-extreme. It should be business-focused, and not political. The effect of Bitcoin, however, should be known by Bitcoiners anyway and doesn't need to be discussed in polite company Wink

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 03:45:57 PM

Peter absolutely should be saying things like he's saying. Think about it long and hard and you'll figure it out. Don't be so dense.

If the public perception of bitcoin is that it's a bunch of rogues, it'll come under attack sooner than otherwise. If the public perception is that there are some rogues, but in general it's full of compliance-seekers, especially in the all-important Bitcoin Foundation, then the attack will be delayed or prevented.

The phrase walk softly and carry a big stick is important to keep in mind. The public face of Bitcoin should be gentle, accomodating, and non-extreme. It should be business-focused, and not political. The effect of Bitcoin, however, should be known by Bitcoiners anyway and doesn't need to be discussed in polite company Wink

hypocrite much?
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 04:37:46 PM

Nice taqiyya. Are you shi'a?
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 04:43:54 PM

I didn't know evoorhees was Muslem. He looks like Wonder Bread to me.

greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 05:07:16 PM

I didn't know evoorhees was Muslem. He looks like Wonder Bread to me.

I have no idea. I just like shitting on voorhees.
cryptoanarchist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 05:31:10 PM

Wrong, and I've heard this before. And it was wrong then just as it is now. "it'll come under attack sooner than otherwise" - Erik - it already IS under attack. Don't be so dense.

I have a better option for Peter - don't create his own little organization and claim to be the ruler, and then he doesn't have to say anything.

Most of what you say makes you sound like one of the good guys, Erik, but the company you keep has always indicated otherwise. Statements like this only confirm my suspicions.

I'm grumpy!!
CtrlAltBernanke420

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 05:40:21 PM

Wrong, and I've heard this before. And it was wrong then just as it is now. "it'll come under attack sooner than otherwise" - Erik - it already IS under attack. Don't be so dense.

I have a better option for Peter - don't create his own little organization and claim to be the ruler, and then he doesn't have to say anything.

Most of what you say makes you sound like one of the good guys, Erik, but the company you keep has always indicated otherwise. Statements like this only confirm my suspicions.

How about we cut out the govt/banks from bitcoin ourself. We do not need to 'work with anyone.' Fuck them, this is bitcoin. Its value is derived entirely free of money.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: