Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 10:33:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will bitcoin replace gold?  (Read 15628 times)
humayan

Activity: 504
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 04:35:13 AM

hi everyone..
       we all know that bitcoin is now the most popular crypto currency. on the other hand gold also most popular that use for various perpose. now bitcoin also use for various perpose just difference that it is a online curryency. but I think it may be possible that bitcoin will replace gold in future.
rxthree

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 04:51:52 AM

I think no,  gold is preciouse metals which all people s are love it,  and also the paper money is just the representation of gold but now the government is just print it regardless the amount of gold, this is so bad its makes the inflation become worst.
aliceayag

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 04:54:36 AM

gold cannot be replace bitcoin... bitcoin is a digital currency..
linshisui38

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2018, 04:55:02 AM

Gold has long been regarded as one of the most popular saving tools in people, regardless of country or community.

I think people who own bitcoin are only temporary, and they eventually convert their bitcoins into legal COINS.

So I said gold is better than bitcoin.
befriendmywater

Activity: 658
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 04:58:51 AM

Gold has long been regarded as one of the most popular saving tools in people, regardless of country or community.

I think people who own bitcoin are only temporary, and they eventually convert their bitcoins into legal COINS.

So I said gold is better than bitcoin.
Yes, that is obvious. Although the cost of bitcoin is very high and no currency is comparable, their usability is still limited. Gold is reasonably priced and it is sure to be used by so many people because of its beauty.
Many countries view gold as a god and they worship them. They have created so many valuable things in our world. So even though the bitcoin cost is $ 100,000, it can not be equal to gold.

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
urang

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 05:03:41 AM

Gold in general is no better. The value of gold is nothing more than a result of a global consensus - at the moment everyone agrees to consider gold a measure of value, simply because this measure is in some form or another necessary. If we assume a utopian situation, that tomorrow everyone agrees that gold is not such a measure, then it will be good only for the production of quality wires and trinkets.
The btc is gaining momentum for exactly the same reason - the global consensus towards the btc is constantly being strengthened. In this case, unlike gold, the cue-ball is not only a measure of value, but also a settlement system, and gold is not a competitor for this parameter.
before i believe that gold is really higher than bitcoin but now nobody can bit the price of bitcoin it is really higher now than before.i can really assume that bitcoin is better than gold.
Awraawra

Activity: 338
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 05:13:34 AM

Gold in general is no better. The value of gold is nothing more than a result of a global consensus - at the moment everyone agrees to consider gold a measure of value, simply because this measure is in some form or another necessary. If we assume a utopian situation, that tomorrow everyone agrees that gold is not such a measure, then it will be good only for the production of quality wires and trinkets.
The btc is gaining momentum for exactly the same reason - the global consensus towards the btc is constantly being strengthened. In this case, unlike gold, the cue-ball is not only a measure of value, but also a settlement system, and gold is not a competitor for this parameter.
all of us know that bitcoin now has a great value,in the past few years gold is still have the right price and we know that,but suddenly bitcoin really go up very fast that's why gold now loose it's value so bitcoin replace gold.
Altf4

Activity: 322

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 05:31:38 AM

The bitcoin and the gold are two different world but they have the value of each, I think bitcoin will not replace gold because of its different functions ,gold in time of crises ,calamity ,emergency and even war can be use as medium of exchange for goods and supplies. In other world especially in the digital the bitcoin has its own name of value than gold , bitcoin is very good investment in the modern world for it will earn profits and gain n the future.

sdas90

Activity: 136

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 05:36:39 AM

I think gold and bitcoin is different thing gold is usable and bitcoin is currency that can use for purchasing. but both are as property and you can say that bitcoin is more expensive than gold. and you can say that Bitcoin will be more profitable than gold.

Kolly

Activity: 208

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 05:43:58 AM

Theres a big difference between gold and bitcoin specially the price bitcoin is a kind of digital money a cryptocurrency and it has a higher price compare to gold is gold and the value and price is lower than bitcoin but gold is still there even the bitcoin gone someday.

[https://ubiatarplay.io/]▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    UbiatarPlay    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
█  Be EveryWhere With UbiatarPlay █
▬▬▬[/url]  Facebook   Whitepaper   Twitter  ▬▬▬
ayeba

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 07:07:36 AM

I don't think bitcoin can take the place of gold. Gold has always been a precious asset  and gold can't loss it's value. Bitcoin is a different chapter, it's value is different from the gold and its standard.
Englebabylove

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 07:12:47 AM

I think bitcoin is different from gold. Gold is regarded as a store of value, and the goal of bitcoin's future development is to become a fiat currency. There is no contradiction in their existence.
Ethan Becker

Activity: 142

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 07:17:32 AM

to some extent it already has. the Russians put the first $1B into the system during the Cyprus crisis when bitcoin served to protect at least some of their funds from the confiscation orchestrated by the ECB

likewise, the Greeks took positions when considering a potential exit from the EU that would have left them back with drachmas

so yes, there is a high likelihood that gold bugs will take well to crypto given how flat gold has been for years. with bitcoin you get a two-for-one: 1) you get safety from sovereign currency devaluation (at which gold at present is failing miserably), and 2) you get speculative gains as more people discover it and pile on
Mazda17

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 07:38:06 AM

I think this topic had been tossed up as well as criticized many times by the members whenever bitcoin was compared to gold. Bitcoin is something valued upon its usage in virtual world, but gold had been there since ages and IMHO, nothing could replace gold because it holds majority of support as it's something very special as well as precious as a metal being available in the market in less quantity just like bitcoins. Bitcoin can be considered a shadow of gold but can't replace it.
A good opinion and I agree with your opinion. As the saying goes, "who is at the forefront is he who gets a special place" so if gold first comes out as a means of exchange for the necessities of life then that is difficult to replace and the second only as a shadow of the gold.
merrillolive

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 08:23:11 AM

Your argument is good, I think if bitcoin replaces gold is good, all countries will use bitcoin to measure the value of the world, But now some countries do not accept bitcoin, and one The number of people is unknown to bitcoin. To know human bitcoin requires knowing about computers, smart phones. But this is limited to many people. So bitcoin will be hard to replace in the future.
assy

Activity: 110
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 08:27:27 AM

Bitcoin and gold are very different, gold is an investment that has been used and it can not be replaced
In contrast to bitcoin, bitcoin is a digital number that in its development becomes a means of buying and selling in the virtual world, a new civilization today and more secure, practical.
hermada

Activity: 39

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 08:33:08 AM

Bitcoin and gold is not the same, bitcoin is better than gold, because it's easily transferable, gold is better than bitcoin because a bug can't cause it to lose all it's value.
Lalalalabells

Activity: 11

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 08:50:45 AM

For me bitcoin cannot replace gold. Because gold is widely accepted in every country and use in curriencies for almost 2000 years from now or in the jewelries because of mining under the ground and we can say that in gold we can found the assurance because we can already see, use and keep it. While the bitcoin is a digital money, it is completely virtual although both gold and bitcoin is get through mining but the matter is that gold is already real or already a physical object while the bitcoin is just digital. But in contrast, we cant say what will happen next specially in this generation where technologies are continuously changing and evolving.
sophiastacruz

Activity: 24

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 08:53:14 AM

I don't think so. It's actually kind of weird if Bitcoin could replace gold — a certain kind of object that already has a given value. Unlike bitcoin it can change and can be created by whoever (since it's a cryptocurrency)
rolerVX

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 08:56:18 AM

I agree gold will be meaningless in bitcoin future. Bitcoin will take over gold. The value of bitcoin is increase and increase to the moment of momentum. Gold will regardless in the future if bitcoin will totally overtake the value.
Pages: « 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 »
  Print  

Jump to: