Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:15:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will bitcoin replace gold?  (Read 15623 times)
websoftwareengineer

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

Blockchain with VTOS energy

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 09:31:46 AM

Gold in general is no better. The value of gold is nothing more than a result of a global consensus - at the moment everyone agrees to consider gold a measure of value, simply because this measure is in some form or another necessary. If we assume a utopian situation, that tomorrow everyone agrees that gold is not such a measure, then it will be good only for the production of quality wires and trinkets.
The btc is gaining momentum for exactly the same reason - the global consensus towards the btc is constantly being strengthened. In this case, unlike gold, the cue-ball is not only a measure of value, but also a settlement system, and gold is not a competitor for this parameter.

In my own opinion, cryptocurrency is a better investment more than gold because the value of bitcoins or any altcoins is increasing as the time goes by, another thing is that everyone has the opportunity to obtain this coins.

⚫ ▬▬     V T O S   |   Decentralized CDN & Social Network     ▬▬ ⚫
  Whitepaper    JOIN OUR ICO  >  MAY 28th  <
FACEBOOK               MEDIUM               TWITTER               GITHUB               TELEGRAM
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bright4mech

Activity: 588
Merit: 18

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 09:50:41 AM

Gold in general is no better. The value of gold is nothing more than a result of a global consensus - at the moment everyone agrees to consider gold a measure of value, simply because this measure is in some form or another necessary. If we assume a utopian situation, that tomorrow everyone agrees that gold is not such a measure, then it will be good only for the production of quality wires and trinkets.
The btc is gaining momentum for exactly the same reason - the global consensus towards the btc is constantly being strengthened. In this case, unlike gold, the cue-ball is not only a measure of value, but also a settlement system, and gold is not a competitor for this parameter.
Bitcoin coin is  far different from gold but in nature of transactions, bitcoin has gone far above the sea level, like  when aircraft fly. And u can compare btc with gold. Bitcoin is the best and well secured than gold. Bitcoin is a block chain community, that everyone needs to have now and future and also demand is extremely high on market exchange. So  bitcoin is the Best.
hangar18

Activity: 676
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 10:29:21 PM

Bitcoin coin is  far different from gold but in nature of transactions, bitcoin has gone far above the sea level, like  when aircraft fly. And u can compare btc with gold. Bitcoin is the best and well secured than gold. Bitcoin is a block chain community, that everyone needs to have now and future and also demand is extremely high on market exchange. So  bitcoin is the Best.
I can not be sure Bitcoin is the best because in my opinion, the technology behind this currency is more important than a cryptocurrency for the future. Blockchain is really neccessary for the world, it can not miss if we want to become the digital world with A.I and decentralized ecosystem in this century.
rcoins0720

Activity: 253

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:58:55 AM

I think Bitcoin will not replace Gold, Gold is real while Bitcoin is Digital, but if it is about price, Bitcoin has defeated Gold ...
bitcoin and gold have more specific characteristics and basically the function is almost the same that is for investment, but there is a difference here people may prefer gold because stored in a long time will be safe and there is a reality. people are more confident with something that looks different from bitcoin that the level of security and risk we do not know and the shape was not visible.
No, i think both have their own characteristics, each is having its own importance. Bitcoin is having characteristics of easy to be used, quick to be transferred, simple to be invested and gives a high output but it cannot be denied that its price is unstable, if we talk about gold then its price is stable but to be invested first we have to cash out the gold by selling it which is a very time consuming and complicated process. Yes both can give each other a tough competition but it is not  easy for them to replace each other.
neither each one will replace each other .
bitcoin is on the internet
and gold is a material thing
the only way they differ is on pricing and how they work ...
bitcoin surpass the price of coins and they are both good investment for long term.
but I prefer bitcoin as of now because gold is much complicated to handle heheheheh
bitcoin is better in terms of pricing but gold is much good because it is material and much more secure to hold for long time
fotosonics

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 03:26:51 PM

depending on the meaning of the word "replace"...now people really are more interested in bitcoin, it has replaced gold in the matter of people's interest, but I don't think that people will massively start throwing gold and investing money in bitcoins...there will always be both
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 03:32:02 PM

depending on the meaning of the word "replace"...now people really are more interested in bitcoin, it has replaced gold in the matter of people's interest, but I don't think that people will massively start throwing gold and investing money in bitcoins...there will always be both

Gold is gold and no one can replaced it.  If technology goes out gold will still be there.  Gold has been in the market even before our grandmothers were born.  But if I have to choose I will choose bitcoin.  Maybe that is the reason for asking if gold will be replaced by bitcoin.
Innewith

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 03:43:59 PM

Difficult to realize the word bitcoin replaces gold. Because after all, gold proven and owned by country in large numbers. While investments in bitcoin mostly only aim to speculate.
Hudadahuda2018

Activity: 296
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 03:51:17 PM

I dont think so. In the end game Gold is still a precious metal and a beautiful thing in the eyes of a person. Bitcoin is a different story as it is a very good way to make transactions so as for the better currency the bitcoin would be best of two as for my opinion.
Actually it is very difficult bitcoin to replace paper currency because paper currency will be ingrained with human being to be used as currency of expenditure center as well as transfer tool to each other, so I think bitcoin only become shadow of currency kertan for daily use, though bitcoin is very famous today.
Hudadahuda2018

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 04:28:27 PM

Difficult to realize the word bitcoin replaces gold. Because after all, gold proven and owned by country in large numbers. While investments in bitcoin mostly only aim to speculate.
Yes it is true what you say it and I strongly agree with your opinion.
I'm sure bitcoin is only a coat or shadow of paper currency or gold because gold is proven and owned by any country.
zigfridna

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 05:05:31 PM

There is no comparison between the two. I think gold has the advantage that a lot of people have developed trust on it over the years.
rainezerr

Activity: 378

ADAB ADAB ADAB ADAB

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 05:07:10 PM

In my own opinion, there is a huge chance for bitcoins to replace gold since not every people is capable of earning gold while bitcoins can be obtained by anyone if they are really determined to earn it through working on bounty campaigns or investing.

Cofee mix

Activity: 112
Merit: 12

Assignments Trading Platform

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 05:21:00 PM

Sqya can’t guarantee if bitcoin will mengantikan gold, because the gold into a tool that reliable for centuries. Gold has serves as a patron, the way to keep the wealth, and wash / hide the money from the government in history.It can be said that the gold is one of the dowdy, but we can not looked in terms of it because of the gold very much demand, even demand more than bitcoin, so that I think bitcoin can not mengantikan gold.

ZIGGURAT ICO ▮ BE PART OF THE FUTURE ▮ ZIGGURAT ICO
ICO Start: Nov, 20, 2017 ▮▮ ICO Duration: 150 days
TwitteInstagram[Early Bird Bonus]100% to 1%[Amount Bonus]FacebookReddit
Sandra9

Activity: 8

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 05:58:05 PM

I think this is a question of generations. If you ask anybody 30years or older I think the vast majority will say bitcoin can't replace gold. Ask under 30's and I think you will get a complete different world view. I think gold and bitcoin investors have a hell of a lot in common. Bitcoin and gold are hedges against the mainstream financial system so the buyers have similar distrust towards the system. I think if gold buyers were born today they would be all over bitcoin. Its not a strange concept for kids raised in a digital world to have digital items with value. Look at a teenage girls face if she receives some virtual flowers over a text message from a love interest.

Will it replace gold? nope I don't think it will replace gold completely as a store of value but I do think the older the millennials get the more market share bitcoin will take of gold. Now golds market cap is at 8trillion I think. Bitcoin is around 200billiion so gold has trillions in market share more and also thousands of years more time spent as a commodity so values have been reached and the markets have had time to form snd stabilise. This cannot be said for bitcoin so it has a long long way to go to just compete with gold never mind overtake but hey, never underestimate bitcoin.
Sean25pogi

Activity: 364
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 04:54:57 PM

I'm not pretty sure that will happen. Maybe, because for now bitcoin has a higher value than gold.
If you have a 1 gram of gold then convert it to cash, try to compare it to 1 bitcoin then convert it in to cash. Bitcoin is leading in the highest value of asset.
MetalBall

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 05:43:56 PM

I think bitcoin is rare enough just to get hold of it unless you got high capital to have it. I don't think bitcoin can replace gold because it has no physical form. Gold has physical form and is being used since the dawn of time While bitcoin is a new form of trading and payment currency and you cant see it physically and just exist only on the internet.
lenhanhvu

Activity: 11

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 05:54:03 PM

Marinecoin Free ICO 450.000 MTC Free Crypto-Currency for anyone who has a valid Facebook account, apply today.
SergeYak

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 06:14:36 PM

Bitcoin will never replace gold. People can easily sold gold and be sure that gold will not lose price. With bitcoin you can be sure that tomorrow you will not lose everything.
ZBBBB

Activity: 252

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 07:04:52 PM

In my own opinion bitcoin is better than gold. Since bitcoin provides more security than gold.
Bitcoin assures you that you will achieve all your dreams in life no matter how hard it is; since they dream a successful society which everyone will become benefit.
saiteja01

Activity: 145
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 07:11:08 PM

May be.
Hudadahuda2018

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 07:11:59 PM

I'm not pretty sure that will happen. Maybe, because for now bitcoin has a higher value than gold.
If you have a 1 gram of gold then convert it to cash, try to compare it to 1 bitcoin then convert it in to cash. Bitcoin is leading in the highest value of asset.
The bitcoin is hard to replace gold because gold is used by many countries and even the world uses gold instead of bitcoin, although bitcoin prices are higher than the price of gold but it is still difficult to replace so I think bitcoin is only a shadow of price or shadow for many people use.
Pages: « 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 »
  Print  

Jump to: