Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 06:16:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why the anti government  (Read 1616 times)
dificanovi

Activity: 812
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 10:00:00 AM

I am not anti government its our mind set that we are following and we don't want that government's decision can give us loss.
Although if government bans the crypto currencies in my country I'll respect their decisions, but also find out the alternative of that.

I do not like you who are too obedient to the government that prohibits crypto currency. if in my country prohibits crypto currency then I will do a rally so the government can accept crypto currency.

krishnapramod
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1078

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 12:18:10 PM

I have realized that almost every body is anti government when it comes to bitcoin and be decentralized or not being controlled by government.  Grin

We generally don't like the governments getting too involved with our personal, financial/economic, social lives so when we start using a technology like Bitcoin which not only gives us a choice to steer clear of governmental regulations/interference, but also empowers us economically, I guess we naturally tend to be anti-government when it comes to Bitcoin. The sentiment behind the creation of Bitcoin is anti-government, but does that mean all Bitcoin users are anti-government? Nope. Different philosophies, while for a few anti-government/anarchism/agorism is appealing, censorship-resistant border-less means of exchange does matter, and for others these aspects doesn't count much.
fanbeila

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 01:29:23 PM

I have realized that almost every body is anti government when it comes to bitcoin and be decentralized or not being controlled by government.  Grin
There is nothing wrong in that.People have suffered a lot due to government's policies and heavy taxes laid on them.They have faced strict regulations regarding transactions and their economic activities have been accountable to government authorities.This is the first time they have started to enjoy financial freedom and they need not have to disclose any personal information for sending even very huge amounts to any where around the world.So,they just don't want to once again lose their freedom in the hands of government.

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
     ▀▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
  ▄  ▄▀▀           ▀▀  ▀▄
 ▄▀ █      ▐█ █▌      █ ▀▄
▄█ █     ▄███████▄     █ █▄
█ ▄▀    ██▀▐█ █▌▀██     █ █
█ █     ██ ▐█ █▌ ██     █ █
█ ▀▄    ██▄▐█ █▌███    ▄▀ █
▀█ █     ▀████████▄    █ █▀
 ▀▄ ▀      ▐█ █▌ ▀█▌  █ ▄▀
  ▀▄  ▀▄           ▄▄▀  ▀
    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄▄
       ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
      █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
▄▄▄▀▀▀█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   █
█     █ ▄▀      ▀▄ █
 █  ▄██ █        █ █
 █  █ █ █        ▀ █
  █ █ █ █ ▄█▄█▄  ▀ █
  █  ██ █  █▄▄█▄ █ █
   █ ██ ▄ ▄█▄▄▄█ █ █
   █  █ ▄  ▀ ▀   █ █
    █ █ █        █ █
    █ █ ▀▄      ▄▀ █
     ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
      █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
.PLATINUM  STABLECOINS
..USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ...

─────────────────────────
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█     ████     █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
...FACEBOOK... .....TWITTER..... ...TELEGRAM...
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
brontosaurus

Activity: 441
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 01:39:59 PM

No one here is anti-government. But yes the idea of bitcoin itself is quite anti-government. People here just want to be the real owner of their money and dont want to give up any share out of their money to someone. But what they don't realize is that instead of any national government we have a set of miners here to whom we actually end up paying taxes(or fees). So its nothing called anti-government in bitcoin too.
Domenc

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 02:00:36 PM

There is no scientific calculation involved in this statement; everyone will try to save power in their hands rather than shifting to other. And in this case Bitcoin being decentralized can take away greater benefits from government like taxation, banks and investment schemes and so on. Hence, government is trying to come up with regulations so that both users and government can enjoy Bitcoin transactions rather than imposing a ban on it.
yamortsac

Activity: 154
Merit: 111

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 03:27:52 PM

Being decentralized and not controlled by government doesn't means that we are anti government. We are just enjoying the freedom of earning income solely for ourselves, without thinking that the salary for the overtime work just goes to the pocket of some bad officials. But it is just fine if the taxes that we pay is really for the development of the economy of a country.
allthingsluxury
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2017, 03:38:37 PM

Government is in direct competition with BTC and Cryptos and vice versa via their fiat creation.

cynical

Activity: 490
Merit: 136

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 03:49:30 PM

It is a general term I think, 'anti government' and can be expanded to be 'anti establishment' to include the financial institutions which seem to do their own thing with 'our' funds.
just go back to 2007 when the sh1t hot the fan and there was financial chaos all because of how the banks were run on the lead up to that.
many many people lost a lot and many many people who had not contributed to the corruption are still paying for it.
these factors infleuenced to creation of bitcoin and why so many people are not willing to get burned again

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA   mastercard   SPA   UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 04:29:11 PM

Because that is whole point of bitcoin, if we wanted to use a coin created by a government we will use fiat and be done with it, bitcoin is something different, that is why it most of the time it is compared to gold since gold is just a substance of the universe and does not belong to any government, bitcoin is just a bunch of data that does not belong to any government either and we want it to remain that way.
_Dawid_

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 04:38:32 PM

Yeah... But I must mention that there is not every single goverment well working. Some are good for economy, other for people and the rest are just usefull. It mainly depends on where do you live etc. Goverment is needed in every country but by the same way that picked goverment should be smart and helpful what is usually neglected. Bitcoin an crypto in general avoid in certain case the goverment or law. But to be honest only in theory in the highly developed and modern countries.
Umar001

Activity: 308
Merit: 14

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 05:31:14 PM

There is anti government because so many citizens loss confident in government policy and programs, Government is not trying to deliver her mandate,corruption everywhere by government officials. That promote anti government by the citizenry.
Coffee135

Activity: 392
Merit: 137

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 06:10:49 PM

The main reason for the popularity of bitcoin is that the government has no control over it. It's not because all the owners of bitcoins are criminals. People are tired of lying politicians. They don't trust these liars and bitcoin gave them the opportunity to minimize the dependence on government. That's why no one wants to lose their freedom.
XinXan

Activity: 1064
Merit: 505

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 06:24:04 PM

I'm personally not anti government, the system itself is good but the people that run it are not. I just really hate banks. Basically banks incentivize to make as many loans as possible, that's how they make a lot of money but there is a problem with this.

''Not only are banks not incentivized to prevent an over-reliance on debt and credit, but, in the absence of regulation, the financial sector is heavily incentivized to push the economy into more, and more risky, borrowing and lending.''

Personally what I think what's wrong with banks is that they are too big to fail, meaning the public, us, are the ones who end up subsidizing the risk the banks do take.

Really anything that's too big is usually bad, big corporations are also just as bad because they are already so big that they don't need to innovate or compete with someone else, they can just buy out the competition and crush them.

Funny example with youtube and google. Have you seen how they forced everyone to have a google+ account to still use youtube? No one liked that but they were still able to pull it off because they are so big that you have to accept, that's the problem.
omashi

Activity: 54
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2017, 07:13:47 PM

I don't think it's about anti government, it's the opposite, it's for the government, bitcoin is a form of monetary system that works pretty good for the last 9 years, so arguably you can say if a government relies on this monetary system rather than having their own, this government will be smaller and more efficient, think of it as out sourcing the monetary control back to the public, which is good, because then government can focus on other important aspects like education/health/infrastructure... in the same way you can say it will make banks more efficient, no need for layers over layers over layers, all of us can have access to the base layer and transact without any permission, banks in crypto era will become more like a utility providers, and this our primary focus on CommerceBlock to provide the blockchain infrastructure for the utility providers of the future.

CBT ◆◆ CommerceBlock ◆◆ CBT
Creating Decentralised Financial Infrastructure (https://www.commerceblock.com/)
◆ Whitepaper (https://www.commerceblock.com/commerceblock-whitepaper.pdf) ◆ ANN Thread (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2613540) ◆ Github (https://github.com/commerceblock) ◆ Twitter (https://twitter.com/commerceblock) ◆ Telegram (https://t.me/joinchat/Ge36IURXhKAS_6HTznUXUg) ◆
Vatimins

Activity: 987
Merit: 289

Blue0x.com

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 07:31:32 PM

Well, I don't think people here or people in the crypto world are really anti-government.
Maybe we should put it as people who want privacy, who are already so much tired of the current outdated system we have.
Not to mention the unbearable and extremely high taxes that the government puts on almost everything. I think it is just right to  hate the government. Amd besides, it isn't just in crypto but about everything. People will always hate amy government. That is just how people roll.

░░           ▒░     
      ░▒▓▓░           ░▒▒░░░ 
   ▒▓▓██▒░              ▒▓▒▒▒▒
 ▓█▓▓█▒                 ▒▒░░▒▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░              ░▒▒▒░░ ▒
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▓
  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▓▓▓█▒
   ░▒▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░
       ░▒█▓▓█████▓▓▓▓▓▓█▒▒░  
        ░██████▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓█▒    
         ███▓▓▓░░▒▓▓▓▒▓▓▒    
         ░██▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▒░░   
           ▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▒░░    
             ▒▒▒▒▓▓▒░
|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 07:36:33 PM

Being decentralized and not controlled by government doesn't means that we are anti government. We are just enjoying the freedom of earning income solely for ourselves, without thinking that the salary for the overtime work just goes to the pocket of some bad officials. But it is just fine if the taxes that we pay is really for the development of the economy of a country.
It's my take too that decentralization does not translate to anti government, but people over the ages have been disappointed and frustrated by centralized ways of doing things and because that favors the governments, they let them hang in and the people had no other choice. The advent of Bitcoin however speaks volume of what people truly want and any responsible and progressive minded government should respect that if it's as they claim that they're there to protect the interests of the people.
SixOfFive

Activity: 630
Merit: 257

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 07:51:00 PM

People don't want bitcoin to be controlled and regulated by central authorities as they feel it would be against crypto-users interest. It is a propaganda created by some people without thinking the cons of a decentralized economy.
Lets have some patience and see what steps central authorities are planning to take in order to regulate Bitcoin or crypto-market, then only we can decide these regulation policies are good or bad for crypto-users
salihno71

Activity: 420

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 08:08:19 PM

In order to understand this in the proper way, you can do the following mental experiment: replace the government with a random guy. He takes half of your money and spends it to whatever he likes. Some of it is good, but some is very bad. You tell him that he cannot do bad things with your money, but he ignores you and increases the bad to good ratio to wrong direction. What would you do?
seekoin

Activity: 586
Merit: 317

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2017, 08:14:33 PM

I am not an anti-governement but mine goes too far, being involved in almost everything we are doing, and always telling you what is good for you, what is bad, what you should eat or drink, how you should educate your children ...
I'm really fed up with people knowing better than myself what is good or not for me.
Governement is normally elected to handle regalian functions: it shouldn't care about my personnal life, noways !  

Also considering the government takes about 80% of my incomes and definitely spoil it with unefficient expenses , Bitcoin is a good way to recover my lost freedom.  

Pettuh4

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 11:29:11 PM

In order to understand this in the proper way, you can do the following mental experiment: replace the government with a random guy. He takes half of your money and spends it to whatever he likes. Some of it is good, but some is very bad. You tell him that he cannot do bad things with your money, but he ignores you and increases the bad to good ratio to wrong direction. What would you do?

Governments are generally not in support of something they cannot control and bitcoin is just one of those things  and  for them to entertain it whereas they have their own centralized currency has become a big problem for them.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: