Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:56:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Cardano (ADA): A New Cryptocurrency and More  (Read 50372 times)
Raja_MBZ
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 08:07:29 PM

Be on your guard, guys!

We have been notified that Cardano community members are receiving DM’s across Telegram and other platforms about Daedalus. Please ignore, they are scams. Updates on Daedalus will be shared by official accounts.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
statdude
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 06:33:44 PM

now THIS i like to see

moon inbound (one day) lol

Impressive, but what are your feels on the Charles Hotchcoma or whatever leader himself? I could never get past the Ego. Roll Eyes

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███████████████████████ █
█ █████     █ ▀██████████ █
█ █████     █   ▀████████ █
█ █████  ██ █     ▀██████ █

█ █████  ▀▀ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█ █████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █████ █
█ █████             █████ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
  Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
  ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███▄    ███████▀   ▄███ █
█ ████▌    █████▀    ████ █
█ ████▌     ███▀     ████ █
█ ████▌▐█    █▀ █    ████ █
█ ████▌▐██     ██    ████ █
█ ████▌▐███   ███    ████ █
█ ███▀  ▀███ ███▀    ▀███ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 06:47:31 PM

Cardano have so many surprises for this year I think it bottom out and it will move to higher floor in coming days. It's great chance to buy on every dip because it looking safe investment and future will be really bright.
Raja_MBZ
Legendary

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 10:16:44 PM

Cardano Classic is an ERC20 token, a complete scam package. It has absolutely no partnership/collaboration or whatsoever with Cardano:

TradingIsBreath

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 10:55:42 AM

Cardano is the first peer-to-peer transaction system based on scientifically tested theories. It aims to combine the transactional properties of Bitcoin with the Smart Contract and the DApps system of Ethereum.

Cardano is a decentralized, blockchain based system, powered by the ADA coin, the cryptocurrency which runs on the Cardano platform. Much like Ethereum, it is a smart contract-based system and can be used to run Decentralized Apps (called DApps). But Cardano is a layered system; i.e.

It has a separate layer which runs ADA exchange, and
A separate one which runs the Smart Contracts.
Cardano claims to be the first cryptocurrency which runs on a scientific peer review, which ensures its safety.

As the Cardano cryptocurrency, ADA, is not widely in circulation, it can be bought on a few of the major platforms, such as CoinSwitch, Binance and Bittrex, ATMs in Japan will soon be available to buy ADA. Other major platforms include KuCoin, ChangeNow, Cryptopia and more - all of which are available on CoinSwitch.
Raja_MBZ
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2019, 11:37:45 PM

The Yoroi Wallet for Android is now available at Google Play Store:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.emurgo

I've been using it for the last few hours, and I must admit that it's yet another great piece of work by Emurgo! Grin
Raja_MBZ
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2019, 07:58:30 PM

>Cardano is secure against fake stake attacks: Peer-reviewed design means Ouroboros is free from a flaw affecting many proof-of-stake blockchains

>ADA is now listed on Huobi Indonesia.
AlloM

Activity: 798
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 29, 2019, 08:02:26 PM

That is amazing article article and it is worth for it to read and understand why Cardano is different than other existing blockchain and how secure that. Thanks for sharing this update link no doubt ADA will be next big thing.
D1jay
Copper Member

Activity: 294
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 30, 2019, 07:43:30 AM

I've been following Github activity of Cardano for a while, and I must admit that it's quite awesome!

No doubt these are amazing facts but they should have to develop a light weight wallet to store this coin with confidence. Deadalus is one of the most stupid wallet in the history of cryptocurrency and unfortunately I am using this and facing trouble to keep this update.

I've never faced any major issue with Daedalus; I'm not sure (and confused) why you think it's the "most stupid wallet in the history of cryptocurrency"... Roll Eyes

Plus:

You should only use Daedalus if you want a full node; if you don't want a full node, use a light-client wallet such as Yoroi.

Actually downloading Deadalus wallet is a pain at least from my experience, it literally gulp down all my data bandwidth Grin and not to mention i have to wake up at wee hours of the morning to have strong signal for a bit fast download Cheesy
Didn't even know about an alternative wallet if not woulda certainly go for the latter, well i guess it's time to pickup some ada again now, hope they can develop lite version for a second option.

Raja_MBZ
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 10:01:10 PM

The first group of Cardano Ambassadors has been announced:

https://forum.cardano.org/t/announcing-our-first-group-of-cardano-ambassadors/20075

If someone would like to nominate somebody for the role of Cardano Ambassador at BitcoinTalk or any other such platform, that may be done by filling up this little form:

https://cardanocommunity.typeform.com/to/koCLwW
Raja_MBZ
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 12:43:39 AM

A nice article if you'd like to know about Cardano's security against 51% attacks:

How secure is Cardano?

https://medium.com/@undersearcher/how-secure-is-cardano-5f1e076be968

Over 170 questions (and answers) related to "staking pools" have been published:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kbjNdGyfomKxYfX1fHwCO2iwleVbx1XX9O9bNuWs99o
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2019, 07:09:02 AM

Cardano delivers yet another holy grail, this time for fungibility/privacy!!!

Sonic: Zero-Knowledge SNARKs from Linear-Size Universal and Updateable Structured Reference Strings

ABSTRACT

Zero-knowledge proofs have become an important tool for addressing privacy and scalability concerns in cryptocurrencies and other applications. In many systems each client downloads and verifies every new proof, and so proofs must be small and cheap to verify.The most practical schemes require either a trusted setup, as in (pre-processing) zk-SNARKs, or verification complexity that scales linearly with the complexity of the relation, as in Bulletproofs. The structured reference strings required by most zk-SNARK scheme scan be constructed with multi-party computation protocols, but the resulting parameters are specific to an individual relation. Groth etal. discovered a zk-SNARK protocol with a universal and updateable structured reference string, however the string scales quadratically in the size of the supported relations.Here we describe a zero-knowledge SNARK, Sonic, which sup-ports a universal and continually updateable structured reference string that scales linearly in size. Sonic proofs are constant size, and in the batch verification context the marginal cost of verification is comparable with the most efficient SNARKs in the literature.We also describe a generally useful technique in which untrusted “helpers” can compute advice which allows batches of proofs to be verified more efficiently.

Our Contributions

We present Sonic, a new zk-SNARK for general arithmetic circuit satisfiability. Sonic requires a trusted setup, but unlike conventional SNARKs the structured reference string supports all circuits (up to a given size bound) and is also updateable, so that it can be continually strengthened. This addresses many of the practical challenges and risks surrounding such setups. Sonic’s structured reference string grows linear in size with respect to the size of supported circuits,as opposed to the scheme by Groth et al. which scales quadratically. The structured reference string in Sonic also does not need to be specialized or pre-processed for a given circuit. This makes a large,distributed and never-ending setup process a practical reality.

CONCLUSIONS

Zero-knowledge protocols have gained significant traction in recent years in the application domain of cryptocurrencies, which has led to the development of new protocols with significant performance gains. At the same time, the requirements of this application have given rise to protocols with new features, such as an untrusted setup and a reference string that allows one to prove more than a single relation. In this paper, we present Sonic, which captures a valuable set of trade-offs between these key functional requirements of untrusted setup and universality. At the same time, as we demonstrate via a prototype implementation, Sonic has competitive proof sizes and verification time with the state-of-the-art.

tldr; Cardano fixed all the things that make Zcash shitty but kept the good stuff that makes Zcash marginally interesting

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Raja_MBZ
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 05:47:06 PM

A new roadmap for Cardano will be introduced on the 18th of April (or slightly after that) of this year:

The Cardano roadmap is changing. We will be launching an exciting new roadmap which showcases the Cardano 2020 vision after the IOHK Summit, which will be taking place on April 17-18. CEO Charles Hoskinson will outline this vision in his keynote speech and the roadmap will be relaunched with a renewed focus on this milestone. For the time being, we will be removing the timer on the roadmap page as well as publishing intermittent updates about important software releases.

Team IOHK
bitcircle
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 06:29:35 PM

A new roadmap for Cardano will be introduced on the 18th of April (or slightly after that) of this year:

The Cardano roadmap is changing. We will be launching an exciting new roadmap which showcases the Cardano 2020 vision after the IOHK Summit, which will be taking place on April 17-18. CEO Charles Hoskinson will outline this vision in his keynote speech and the roadmap will be relaunched with a renewed focus on this milestone. For the time being, we will be removing the timer on the roadmap page as well as publishing intermittent updates about important software releases.

Team IOHK

It is interesting to keep eye on this project surely it will make this more great than before the development going on much faster. Cardano is project for next generation and it will open the door of opportunities and will make involve in this.
Raja_MBZ
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 11:09:47 PM

Team IOHK

It is interesting to keep eye on this project surely it will make this more great than before the development going on much faster. Cardano is project for next generation and it will open the door of opportunities and will make involve in this.

IOHK CEO Charles Hoskinson To Announce Big Updates To Cardano Roadmap At ADA Event Summit

https://bitcoinexchangeguide.com/iohk-ceo-charles-hoskinson-to-announce-big-updates-to-cardano-roadmap-at-ada-event-summit/
Raja_MBZ
Legendary

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 03:33:53 PM

Cardano Washington DC meetup on 28th February 2019:

https://www.meetup.com/Cardano-Blockchain-Washington-DC/events/kntlnqyzdblc/

While you're sleeping, IOHK is working:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLQeHpyDhxU

Yesterday's Charles Hoskinson's surprise AMA session:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zR9gMSIZKs
Raja_MBZ
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2019, 02:04:08 PM

New update of Yoroi:

Yoroi (Chrome) v 1.3.0 is released! (Automatically updates)
- Daedalus Paper Wallet support
- French language support
- New "About Yoroi" tab

I've just used the "Daedalus Paper Wallet" recovery feature and it worked perfectly! Wink
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2019, 03:47:24 AM

This is bug report for Emurgo.

https://emurgo.in/about-us/ displays the staff pics with distorted dimensions when using Brave.

It's kind of funny but doesn't look professional  Grin.

https://i.imgur.com/jORXXHR.jpg

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Raja_MBZ
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2019, 07:18:44 PM

Yoroi (the light wallet for Cardano) is now available for iOS:

https://itunes.apple.com/app/emurgos-yoroi-cardano-wallet/id1447326389

This is bug report for Emurgo.

https://emurgo.in/about-us/ displays the staff pics with distorted dimensions when using Brave.

It's kind of funny but doesn't look professional  Grin.

https://i.imgur.com/jORXXHR.jpg

It'd be better if you report it to Emurgo. I think they even reply through their official Twitter handles; you may let them know about that in a reply to one of their tweets. BTW, is that bug really worth mentioning? Tongue It seems like people expect real perfection from Emurgo/IOHK.
StyleForceOne

Activity: 304
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 11:42:09 PM

Hello friends,
I would like to steal my cardano, preferably without a pool but just on my private pc, is that possible?

and how about the staking pools? Do I have to send them or stay in my possession on my wallet?
thx Smiley

O W N R   W A L L E T      ❱      Create EOS accounts and manage EOS in an HD wallet      ❰      BTC, EOS & other coins
❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱      Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA    mastercard   SPA    UnionPay      ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER          App Store  ]          FULL EOS SUPPORT          [ Google Play ]          REDDIT   YOUTUBE
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: