Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:31:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 79 »
  Print  
Author Topic: what makes you trust a new altcoin?  (Read 11081 times)
Donaldturp

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 08:17:25 PM

I think the most important information to confirm a coin is that the vision. If the coin has a clear purpose to solve the problems of economic. I'm sure that is a good coin.

The vision of a project or a coin can be good, but this doesn't assure the guarantee of its price on the exchange platforms. So we need to see more things from a project or coin. Team activity, real improvements, participation in the conferences etc.
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
realsteve

Activity: 69
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 08:44:44 PM

I always look for basic answers that should be provided to investors.

- How many tokens will be issued?
- Which exchanges will list the altcoin?
- Who is on their board?
- Is the whitepaper well constructed? Have they identified competitors and listed differentiators? Do their goals seem realistic?

Etc, etc

dutchkay

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 09:11:58 PM

I normally read their white paper and make research on the team behind it. This is to make sure they are who they say they are. I also watch out for the community following the project this helps a lot in mooning the coin.
elimi

Activity: 255
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 01:35:53 PM

sure or not with the new altcoin, I think to be sure with which we choose is by way of entry in it .. successful or not, at least I've tried it. experience makes me learn a lot
ArnoldChippy

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 06:32:14 PM

I normally read their white paper and make research on the team behind it. This is to make sure they are who they say they are. I also watch out for the community following the project this helps a lot in mooning the coin.
Although it is still difficult to give a 100% correct prediction about the price bitcoin or any other altcoin, but still it is good to study about the white paper and other aspects of a coin if a person is interested to invest money there. because there are so many scam altcoin and ICOS, who can only take our money away and we cannot get any profit from there.

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|..FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT...........
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE....

..─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────..
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|.JOIN US NOW!.|
nurlela

Activity: 434
Merit: 254

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 09:35:21 PM

honestly, i'm also still confused with the new altcoin, because there is no provision for it. anyone can create a new altcoin.
the most important thing that the project they do is really real, with a team and advisor who has a lot of experience.
treather

Activity: 266
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 09:39:31 PM

Most new coins these days are just cloned put together hastily to make a quick buck. Non stand out for me, and I don't trust any of them. The old alts however are better in my opinion and the ones traded in an exchange over time have some credibility.

Bianxee

Activity: 217
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 01:27:22 AM

honestly, i'm also still confused with the new altcoin, because there is no provision for it. anyone can create a new altcoin.
the most important thing that the project they do is really real, with a team and advisor who has a lot of experience.
It is simple to create new coin and people right now is in the Airdrop so it will too easy for them to make money after the community make a good pricr in a token. To the project or real ICO it is easy to know if there is a good things in a project.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
TravelMug

Activity: 2632
Merit: 833

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 02:05:21 AM

I also do the same.

However, the new altcoins that has been coming out lately is not a copy of the old ones and the will just put their own twist, but if you are going to compare them with others coins there have been similarities with others. So even if the team behind it is solid and the white paper looks impressive, I don't think it will have the full support of the community because we already seen that kind of coins before and it doesn't really do good in terms of its price. So for me, I don't look for any hype about the new coins because I'm no longer interested, much rather invest in the old coins like ETH and others who have been in existence before.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
annango

Activity: 361
Merit: 17

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 02:26:55 AM

i wonder what makes you trust a new altcoin? what you're looking for in their company page etc...?

Before investing to any ICO i will read and research information of this project like: what is product of project? why do it need to blockchain? Develop Team? after i will consider i should invest or not
miyong

Activity: 420

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:35:40 AM

i wonder what makes you trust a new altcoin? what you're looking for in their company page etc...?

When it is a successful ICO and no negative comments from this forum and thru some sort of research about the status of that particular altcoin.

MyCryptoBank  ――  Legal and Reliable Crypto Bank
Whitepaper  ――  CRYPTOBANK FOR CRYPTOCOMMUNITY  ――  Announce
―― Medium ―― YouTube ―― LinkedIn ―― Telegram ―― Facebook ―― Twitter ――
Aaroenz0r

Activity: 504

Option Blitz

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 05:10:28 AM

When I do a research for new altcoin, I will focus on the background of team members. Human is the most important factor affect the success of the project. If I feel the team can be trusted, I will invest in that project.

cryptogeek101

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

homt.net

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 05:21:33 AM

I trust a new altcoin based on the team and the concept. A real team with a powerful working knowledge of the their fields can make a good Altcoin investment. Also the total supply of the token can tell me what the future value of the coin will look like.

HOMT