Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:21:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin GOLD - A well thought Scam?  (Read 18765 times)
Call_Me_Bambi

Activity: 574
Merit: 261

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 02:19:58 PM

To sell or not to sell, that is the question.
Should I sell my Bitcoin now, as the price is scarily high and this bubble may soon burst, or should I wait to get my share of Bitcoin Gold and sell the Bitcoin Gold hoping that Bitcoin will not drop; decisions, decisions..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Aureliusy

Activity: 325
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 08:22:12 PM

They are just re branding something (ASIC resistance) in 2017  that has been the main focus of Vertcoin (VTC) since 2014.
This all under the name of BTC and their logo (That is some mighty fine Brand Leeching)
I hope it will implode with the explosive power of a supernova.
The crypto market does not need these kind of money scams. Contributing nothing more than personal gains garbage. No technical innovation. No need . Just
LEECH LEECH AND LEECH

rehydrogenated

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 08:36:50 PM

I'm amazed that anyone thinks Bitcoin Gold isn't a scam. The first thing I thought after BCC was, wow now everybody gonna do a hardfork of everything and see if it catches on.
moinul018

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 09:20:24 PM

Thanks a lot for posting it. I will stay out of it.
CrypticSatu

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 10:04:16 PM

lol you have to give them some credit for trying but honestly these forks and airdrops of generating money from thin air are the things our central banks will despise about bitcoin, I hope this will be trashed as we do not need another bitcoin doppelganger to slow down the momentum.
Central banks generate money out of thin air themselves so they should be well adjusted to it allready.

Bitcoin gold does not have backing of the big mining companies. It will be like bitcoin cash except less valuable. The only good thing about is that homeowners might be able to mine it with regulars gpus. That might rise its value abit.
coleman268

Activity: 112

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 10:08:20 PM

Yeah I was extremely skeptical about Bitcoin Gold when I heard they started the fork in early october and how they're already at 16000 blocks in order to sell some Bitcoin Gold to investors. Definitely should stay away from that coin
Haslett5236

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 10:39:06 PM

maybe we should have bitcoin Silver soon , i don't know why they are interested the bitcoin's folk coin ,

i just hold my bitcoin and sell out other garbage,
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 10:41:29 PM

No one knows really. Just like what happened with Bitcoin cash.

I am personally not at all interested in Bitcoin gold. For the guys going for this, for their sake I hope I am wrong.

we will see what will be .
Premine is not that bad to cover some costs and promote coin.
Bad part is that we will find out i after some months after ICO what those people will deliver or if they will deliver at all : )

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
Call_Me_Bambi

Activity: 574
Merit: 261

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 12:40:26 AM

Some interesting news about the impending Bitcoin Gold fork; do not hold BTC on exchanges like Coinbase & Bitpay as you are in great danger of losing your BTC altogether.
Interestingly the Electrum wallet is recommended as a store for your BTC, but no mention if it's good for Bitcoin Gold.

"
The signatories of this agreement wrongly believe that the currency created by adopting this contentious hard fork will eventually become Bitcoin. Therefore storing any BTC on services such as Coinbase, Bitpay and Xapo is strongly not recommended. By storing BTC on these services, you could find that after the hard fork, your BTC has been renamed to something else or replaced entirely with the new altcoin. The best way to ensure that your BTC is protected is to download the latest version of Bitcoin Core and transfer out any BTC stored on services that are a signatory to this agreement. We have listed the businesses supporting this contentious hard fork at the bottom of this document.

For users who aren’t prepared to install Bitcoin Core and go through the lengthy set up process, we recommend a wallet such as GreenAddress, Electrum or TREZOR. Avoid using web wallets like blockchain.info.
"

https://bitcoin.org/en/alert/2017-10-09-segwit2x-safety
seaqrioy

Activity: 94

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 02:49:06 AM

Thank you. So BTCG is completely untrustworthy. Looks like we should stay away from BTC gold, absolutely. But is that a detriment to the BTC? Personally, I don't think it's a good thing.

nira09

Activity: 1316
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 04:37:40 AM

I am still do not really understand with the issue of BTG, but with this issue the BTC prices rise high. in addition I am not so interested in BTG, I am more interested in the new altcoin that has the potential to rise in price
tf2addict

Activity: 675
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 08:19:28 PM

Some interesting news about the impending Bitcoin Gold fork; do not hold BTC on exchanges like Coinbase & Bitpay as you are in great danger of losing your BTC altogether.
Interestingly the Electrum wallet is recommended as a store for your BTC, but no mention if it's good for Bitcoin Gold.

"
The signatories of this agreement wrongly believe that the currency created by adopting this contentious hard fork will eventually become Bitcoin. Therefore storing any BTC on services such as Coinbase, Bitpay and Xapo is strongly not recommended. By storing BTC on these services, you could find that after the hard fork, your BTC has been renamed to something else or replaced entirely with the new altcoin. The best way to ensure that your BTC is protected is to download the latest version of Bitcoin Core and transfer out any BTC stored on services that are a signatory to this agreement. We have listed the businesses supporting this contentious hard fork at the bottom of this document.

For users who aren’t prepared to install Bitcoin Core and go through the lengthy set up process, we recommend a wallet such as GreenAddress, Electrum or TREZOR. Avoid using web wallets like blockchain.info.
"

https://bitcoin.org/en/alert/2017-10-09-segwit2x-safety

This is pure FUD by the anti-2x side.  They are just pissed that big services like CoinBase are going to support SegWit2x.
maii

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 09:29:14 PM

Maybe this is really a fraud, because we do not know what the advantages of the coin is the same thing with bcc
moore100

Activity: 66

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 09:42:35 PM

Yeah it smells like scam coin! This is not the actual fork of the Bitcoin , i think that the name of this new Forked coin will not be a BTG but completely different than!

tf2addict

Activity: 675

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 11:35:57 PM

Yeah it smells like scam coin! This is not the actual fork of the Bitcoin , i think that the name of this new Forked coin will not be a BTG but completely different than!

Of course it's a fork, the Bitcoin blockchain is going to be snapshotted.   And BTG is the symbol.

I mean, WTH?

CrazyCreeptonaut

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 11:38:48 PM

i really think that the community shoudl strongly avoid going after this hard forks and prevent this market manipulations..

matico

Activity: 504

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 05:29:31 AM

Scam or not, investors are taking their position on this, and this is evident by recent bitcoin price increase. Whether will like it or not bitcoin gold will fork out of bitcoin and it will distribute new coin to bitcoin holder. What I am concern about is chain split with it's security problem that comes with it.

AgatioX

Activity: 546
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 06:02:34 AM

I think Bitcoin Cash showed everyone how useless these forks are.
So the best scenario is pump and dump scheme.

Pump may be long but probably not as long as BCC one.
acorcos

Activity: 453
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 06:22:34 AM

Scam or not does not matter to me. I will take the free coins from the fork and dump them for good old BTC.

Free money is free money for me. No need to worry.
linkybit

Activity: 560
Merit: 107

Keep Working

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 06:33:41 AM

I think it'll go the same route as Bitcoin Cash. Another useless fork.

|██████| | ██████SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE██████ |██████| |
| INVECH |
WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM | INVECH |
|██████| | ███████JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!████████ |██████| |
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: