Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 02:38:18 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Russia banning BTC?  (Read 2914 times)
Anthony1985 (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 251

Tic.eth

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 09:16:30 AM

Just saw this article

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/breaking-russia-will-block-bitcoin-exchange-websites-says-central-bank-official/
Anthony1985 (OP)

Tic.eth

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 09:23:44 AM

As soon as we reach $ 5000 there is a ban somewhere!
joshki

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 09:24:27 AM

Market manipulation, maybe -- it makes no sense for them to do this given their current political moves they've made with regard to bitcoin.  Strongly doubt this is actually going to happen.
Meatbawl

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 09:29:43 AM

Sad to see that so many countries are against bitcoins. Its probably because governments cant control as much as real money and earn less from taxes.
ahmad21

Activity: 672
Merit: 271

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 09:35:28 AM

Haha true. But dont believe until any official announcement is made. Moreover it has been done right at the time when a hard fork is just coming up. Curious to see the reaction of investors. Because if this happens we might see a price decline again.
smartbitcoininvestor

Activity: 652
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 09:37:32 AM

Its good that they educate the public about the dangers of Bitcoin but can't really agree about the limitation of freedom to make your own mistakes.

If you still think that Bitcoin is safe store of value think what happens when economic depression hits on. Stock market crashes gives you some idea. Mr. Market decides Bitcoins value so in no way can it considered "safe store of value". All it takes is one big whale to start selling and it may lose 75% of its value in an instant.
joshki

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 09:38:14 AM

Its good that they educate the public about the dangers of Bitcoin but can't really agree about the limitation of freedom to make your own mistakes.

If you still think that Bitcoin is safe store of value think what happens when economic depression hits on. Stock market crashes gives you some idea. Mr. Market decides Bitcoins value so in no way can it considered "safe store of value". All it takes is one big whale to start selling and it may lose 75% of its value in an instant.

I wonder how many actual bitcoin whales there are left.
Palmholder

Activity: 224

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 09:41:54 AM

Market manipulation, maybe -- it makes no sense for them to do this given their current political moves they've made with regard to bitcoin.  Strongly doubt this is actually going to happen.

Totally agree with you. Some of them keep saing that it is a pyramid and gonna be forbidden or it it tool to provide crime activities. Others saing opposite, even they plan to make school lessions about blokhchains and cryptocurencyes to prepare population for new age. We are just waiting for the law they are creating nowadays, they said it is gonna be finished at the end of the year

HappyCaptain

Activity: 630

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 09:43:30 AM

I agree with you maybe someone wants to manipulate the market to buy some bitcoin at a lower price because they know that bitcoin is going up right now.
Sukut

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 09:46:28 AM

Wow that was quite unexpected. I guess this means BTC will take another dump?
dreamer81

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 09:47:20 AM

It doesn't matter if russia bans it, but it wouldn't surprise me. Russia is a communism just like china, so it makes great sense that they want to control their people. It wont matter really, because bitcoin is designed to be unstoppable. It would take all putins wealth to stop it, and I doubt he would use that much money on it. He'd rather buy 10000 more rockets.
joshki

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 09:54:47 AM

It doesn't matter if russia bans it, but it wouldn't surprise me. Russia is a communism just like china, so it makes great sense that they want to control their people. It wont matter really, because bitcoin is designed to be unstoppable. It would take all putins wealth to stop it, and I doubt he would use that much money on it. He'd rather buy 10000 more rockets.

I don't think Putin is interested in stopping bitcoin.  He's endorsed mining operations and probably Russia will become a competitor to China in that. 

Communism is really mostly dead, even in Russia and China.  They still have some fascist practices certainly, but they haven't been real Communists in a long time.
Anthony1985 (OP)

Tic.eth

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 09:55:02 AM

Wow that was quite unexpected. I guess this means BTC will take another dump?

I doubt this is going to affect the current trend.
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 09:56:22 AM

1. banning an exchange is not banning bitcoin
2. cryptocoinnews is not a reliable source. they are known to write all kinds of weird bullshit and call it "news".
3. this year, reliable sources have been saying Russia is about to legalize bitcoin the same way Japan legalized bitcoin. this is a quote from the head of Russian Central bank actually. they said because bitcoin is traceable we consider it as legal.
4. nobody cares anymore about country ban FUD. Wink

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 10:01:04 AM

This is puzzling news and it's actually surprising that something of this sort is actually happening, last I knew that Russia would embrace Bitcoins, I feel there is a manipulation attempt going on, I don't think Russia has such a big share to make any kind of big impact, so let's wait and see. According to a article I read they were inviting miners to open farm and kick start Russian economy. Posting the link, what is happening is so confusing.

https://news.bitcoin.com/russian-governor-cryptocurrency-miners-mining-farms-leningrad/
spadormie

Activity: 840
Merit: 268

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 10:05:26 AM

Well you are probably right lol. Why there is a FUD somewhere somehow when we are attaining ATH? Well by this, this could mean that bitcoin might go down again or dump? After all the pumps of this coin it will go down again, sadly. But many traders will be happy because of this. I think alts might go up this time around.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████▀▀▀▀███▄
███████▀     ████
███████   ███████
█████        ████
███████   ███████
▀██████   ██████▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
██    ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀  ██
██   █▀   ▀█   ██
██   █▄   ▄█   ██
██    ▀▀▀▀▀    ██
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
█▄▄      ████████▄
 █████▄▄████████▌
▀██████████████▌
  █████████████
  ▀██████████▀
   ▄▄██████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

██  ██
  ███████████▄
    ██      ▀█
    ██▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
    ██▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
    ██      ▄█
  ███████████▀
    ██  ██

▄
       ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀      ▄
      ▀█▀  ▀   ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀
███▄▄▄        ▀█▀  ▀     ▄▄▄███       ▐█▄    ▄█▌   ▐█▌   █▄    ▐█▌   ████████   █████▄     ██    ▄█████▄▄   ▐█████▌
████████▄▄           ▄▄████████       ▐███▄▄███▌   ▐█▌   ███▄  ▐█▌      ██      █▌  ▀██    ██   ▄██▀   ▀▀   ▐█
███████████▄       ▄███████████       ▐█▌▀██▀▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██▀██▄▐█▌      ██      █▌   ▐█▌   ██   ██          ▐█████▌
 ████████████     ████████████        ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██  ▀███▌      ██      █▌  ▄██    ██   ▀██▄   ▄▄   ▐█
  ████████████   ████████████         ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██    ▀█▌      ██      █████▀     ██    ▀█████▀▀   ▐█████▌
   ▀███████████ ███████████▀
     ▀███████████████████▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
FIND OUT MORE AT MINTDICE.COM
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 10:08:08 AM

I talked with my left ball about a possible ban on Bitcoin by Russia and he told me to talk to my right ball, and now eventually I have an answer, lol.
While it doesn't mean anything for me, if it's true then Yobit is officially facked.

🖤😏
Bolt Brownie

Activity: 700
Merit: 350

Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 10:10:14 AM

I won't see that as a ban to bitcoin. They are trying to regulate it as anyone else. I also read on cointelegraph that the Moscow stock exchange will allow it's users to trade cryptocurrenices, so the government is probably just trying to get crypto into safe environments they can control. Maybe this is their way of regulating the market, so I'm ok with it. They could just ask for licenses from crypto exchanges, but I guess they prefer this method.

Anyway if it ever gets to the Moscow stock exchange, that is right now the biggest exchange group in Russia, these are good news for digital currencies, so those "ban news" don't really bother me.
VitKoyn

Activity: 490
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 10:13:07 AM

Russia will block access to websites of exchanges that offer cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin? lol. They were putting a lots of money into bitcoin miners and bitcoin ATMs. and now they are looking to restrict of using it just because they want to protect their citizens from Bitcoins volatility? I doubt if this news is real or just another price manipulation by the author of this article.
Palmholder

Activity: 224

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 10:21:43 AM

[/quote]

I don't think Putin is interested in stopping bitcoin.  He's endorsed mining operations and probably Russia will become a competitor to China in that. 

Communism is really mostly dead, even in Russia and China.  They still have some fascist practices certainly, but they haven't been real Communists in a long time.
[/quote]

Russia can not compete with China because all we consume here is made in China. So we only able to pick up leftovers they let us to pick up. They are fascistes for sure but some of them just fear to lose control, other want to get profit from current situation

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: