Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 11:19:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto Review - Cryptocurrency Analysis  (Read 21430 times)
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 01:10:54 AM
Last edit: September 01, 2014, 06:41:31 AM by CoinHoarder

I ran out of space in this post. Angry

The list has been moved off of the forums to: http://www.cryptoreview.net

I also "re-branded" it as more of a general cryptocurrency review site, rather than only reviewing innovative coins. Let me know what you think of the new website- any suggestions are welcome!

If you would like to you can still keep an eye on this thread, because I will post here every time I add a cryptocurrency or make a blog post to serve as notification of some sort. I think this will be a good way to receive feedback as well.

If you would rather contact me through the website then there is a contact page where you can submit a cryptocurrency for review, let me know your opinion on a blog post or cryptocurrency analysis, or notify me of a factual error on this website. This goes straight to my email, so it is the quickest way to get a hold of me.
statdude
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 07:08:10 PM

Finally, Netcoin plans to give the user base eventual control of the money supply through a built in voting system.

Interesting, is there a way to know when new coins will be released?

how would this voting be beneficial for netcoin?

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███████████████████████ █
█ █████     █ ▀██████████ █
█ █████     █   ▀████████ █
█ █████  ██ █     ▀██████ █

█ █████  ▀▀ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█ █████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █████ █
█ █████             █████ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
  Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
  ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███▄    ███████▀   ▄███ █
█ ████▌    █████▀    ████ █
█ ████▌     ███▀     ████ █
█ ████▌▐█    █▀ █    ████ █
█ ████▌▐██     ██    ████ █
█ ████▌▐███   ███    ████ █
█ ███▀  ▀███ ███▀    ▀███ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
bybitcoin

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 12:38:58 AM

Nice work, do carry on Smiley
GSnak

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 12:39:51 AM

This subforum has become quite the clusterfuck with all the copy and paste coins being released.

I'm glad that's changed.
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1130

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 12:20:41 PM

I've been looking for a while for an innovative crypto list.
Thanks.
bybitcoin

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 12:26:57 PM

CoinHoarder, may you have a look into "Mini-Blockchain Project" and "eMunie" as well to make a review about.
They both seem innovative, don't want to impose anything here, but you may have a look..
(or if you have looked already, give us an opinion)  Wink
Etlase2

Activity: 798

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 05:27:50 AM

Decrits might interest you, see sig

r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 05:40:03 AM

Decrits might interest you, see sig

I agree, this is one of the ones i've been waiting on. primecoin was cool, a novel concept, but this is the one i've been waiting for. After reading about MC2, i have to say i'm interested in that as well, if only to see how they manage to accomplish merging so many concepts. Zerocoin, i haven't decided on. Anonymity never interested me much anyway.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
tacotime
Legendary

Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 04:18:58 PM

Thanks for the shoutout.  Netcoin has adjusted PoW slightly (to make it easier to implement and get it out faster); this will be in the forthcoming version of the whitepaper, and the general algorithm is on the wiki.

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 04:58:45 PM

Thanks for the shoutout.  Netcoin has adjusted PoW slightly (to make it easier to implement and get it out faster); this will be in the forthcoming version of the whitepaper, and the general algorithm is on the wiki.

Netcoin is the best! I have a feeling about this, and i really appreciate taco's work and point of view.

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
hathmill

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 06:06:42 PM

Nice thread! Have u been able to find a coin that has proof of burn (or some variation of it)(preferably in combo with zerocoin).
datguyian

Activity: 840
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 06:09:26 PM

Nice thread! Hopefully it gets pinned.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄▄██████████████▄
     █████████████████████▄
   █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀▀       ▀▀██████▄
 █████████               █████
▐███████▌                 ▀███▌
████████                   ████
▐██████▌                   ▐██▌
 ███████                   ███
  ███████                 ███
   ▀██████▄             ▄██▀
     ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
        ▀▀███████████▀▀

▄▄▄             ▄▄▄           ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
 ███             ███           ███   ███████▄      ███        ████████      ███                   ████████       ██████▄       ███   ███████████████▄
 ███             ███           ███   ███ ▀████     ███       ███▀  ▀███     ███                  ███▀  ▀███      ███ ▀███▄     ███   ███         ▀███
 ███             ███           ███   ███   ▀███▄   ███      ███▀    ▀███    ███                 ███▀    ▀███     ███   ████    ███   ███          ███
 ███             ███           ███   ███     ▀███▄ ███     ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████   ███                ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████    ███    ▀███▄  ███   ███          ███
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███       ███████    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███      ▀███▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
  ▀████████████▌  ▀█████████████▀    ███        ▀▀████   ███▀          ▀███  ▀█████████████  ███▀          ▀███  ███        ▀▀████   █████████████▀▀
                     ▄▄███████
                 ▄████████████
              ▄██████▀▀▀██████
       ▄▄   ▄███████     ████
   ▄▄███▀  ██████████▄▄▄████▀
 ▄████▀▀  █████████████████
         ████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
          ▀█████████▀
     ▄█▀    ▀██▀▀   ▄▄
    ██  ▄█▀      ▄███▌
   █████▀        ███▀
   ▀▀▀          ███▀
                ▀     

▄█████████  ███       ██▄      ▄██         █████       ████▌   ▄██████████   
 ██▌          ███        ▀██▄  ▄██▀          ██▌███     ██▀██▌  ▐██           
 ███████████  ███          ▀████▀            ██▌ ███   ██▀ ██▌  ▐███████████   
 ██▌          ███▄          ▐██▌             ██▌  ███ ██▀  ██▌  ▐██           
 ██▌           ▀█████████   ▐██▌             ██▌   ▀███▀   ██▌   ▀██████████

█████████████▌  ▄███████████▄         █████████████▌  ██▌      ▐██    ▄██████████         █████       █████    ▄██████████▄     ▄██████████▄   ▐████▄     ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▀       ▀██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐██                  ██▌███     ███▐██   ▐██▀      ▀██▌   ▐██▀      ▀██▌  ▐██▀███    ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██         ██▌             ▐██        ████████████   ▐███████████         ██▌ ███   ███ ▐██   ▐██        ██▌   ▐██        ██▌  ▐██  ▀██▄  ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▄       ▄██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐█▌                  ██▌  ███ ███  ▐██   ▐██▄      ▄██▌   ▐██▄      ▄██▌  ▐██    ▀██▄▐██ 
      ▐██        ▀███████████▀              ▐██        ██▌      ▐██    ▀██████████         ██▌   ▀███▀   ▐██    ▀██████████▀     ▀██████████▀   ▐██      ▀████ 
  (
BUY LLN
)Twitter
Facebook
Telegram
heatgsm

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 06:19:19 PM

Thanks a lot for this...much appreciated  Cheesy . Do keep the good work  - respect.
CoinBuzz

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 07:54:56 PM

R u promoting those coins with this thread?

Join ASAP: FREE BITCOIN
bybitcoin

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 08:00:39 PM

No he isn't, this was a very stable calm thread, I suggested him to look into two more innovative coins, and then usual btctalk trolls bumped in!
I apologize him if my post was the cause of this trolls activation  Sad
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 04:25:06 AM
Last edit: September 19, 2013, 10:19:24 PM by CoinHoarder

Sorry I haven't update this in a while. I have honestly been quite busy. There is another coin I'd like to add to the list- Decrits. But honestly it's taking me a while to wrap my head around it to summarize it, again because I don't have a lot of time. I will look into the other projects you guys mentioned. I honestly did not realize anyone ever responded to this thread. When I first posted it nobody posted for like 6 days and I kind of wrote it off. I'm happy to see there are some like minded individuals among the sea of ALTcoiners.

This evening I did notice that progress has been made on GitHub with the ZeroCoin project (I updated the OP).
I am not sure of the status of NetCoin. I promise to spend more time on this thread in the near future and add new projects.

Cheers,

CH
bybitcoin

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 03:24:31 AM

Here I would like to introduce another innovative trend that looks very promising: MasterCoin
and you should not confuse it with a newly launched (like the other typical) alt-coin. The original Mastercoin I am speaking about is not a new altcoin but rather a protocol layer on top of bitcoin (like how HTTP runs on top of TCP/IP). The coins of the new layer have:
•   Additional security features to make your money much harder to steal
•   Built-in support for distributed betting (no need to trust a website to coordinate bets)
•   Capability to hold a stable user-defined value, such as an ounce of gold or U.S. Dollar, with no need to trust a person promising to back up that value.
The advice is that have a look in their main thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=265488.0 to know more about it, because it looks very promising and seems that getting in early has a lot of advantages too.
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 03:46:46 AM
Last edit: August 24, 2013, 05:06:46 AM by CoinHoarder

Here I would like to introduce another innovative trend that looks very promising: MasterCoin
and you should not confuse it with a newly launched (like the other typical) alt-coin. The original Mastercoin I am speaking about is not a new altcoin but rather a protocol layer on top of bitcoin (like how HTTP runs on top of TCP/IP). The coins of the new layer have:
•   Additional security features to make your money much harder to steal
•   Built-in support for distributed betting (no need to trust a website to coordinate bets)
•   Capability to hold a stable user-defined value, such as an ounce of gold or U.S. Dollar, with no need to trust a person promising to back up that value.
The advice is that have a look in their main thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=265488.0 to know more about it, because it looks very promising and seems that getting in early has a lot of advantages too.
I actually saw that the other week and thought it was a really awesome idea! I will definitely add it.

I'm going to spend some time updating the OP tonight. I'm going through all suggestions and will try to add them... it's probably going to take a while though.

So far I just added a link to NetCoin's new website, and also updated the link to a new revision to their white paper (v0.031.)
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 05:08:15 AM

Ok, I'm done updating this for the night. I will add others some other time. Smiley

Changelog:
- This is no longer investment advice. DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH.
- Switched the list to alphabetical order so there's less implied or assumed bias.
- Changed thread title from Innovative Currencies In Development to Innovative Currencies (since I added a couple that have already launched.)
- Updated NetCoin. Added a link to NetCoin's new website, forums, and a new revision to the white paper (v0.031), removed the MC2 in the name as it seems the term NetCoin has stuck.
- Added Decrits
- Added eMunie
- Added MasterCoin
- Added The Mini-Blockchain Project
Fuserleer
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2013, 08:22:36 PM

Hey you added us Smiley

Little update that might be of interest, we aren't launched yet.  June WAS the plan, but we then took a long hard look at where we were going and decided it wasn't good enough, so we changed things up quite a lot.  Current target is "sometime" in September - TBA

Your blurb though still summarizes the main points well despite the new additions (and many firsts) of:

Encrypted transactions with additional anonymity functions which make it tougher than BTC and cheaper than Zerocoin.
Encrypted messaging system built in.
First (I believe) P2P decentralized exchange
Self regulating supply determined by demand signals in the system which can NOT be influenced externally
POS interest (used to balance inflationary supply adjustments deemed necessary by the above)

Tons more new cool stuff, but they are the main USP's

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: