Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:00:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Does this mean Cash will be extinct?  (Read 14820 times)
BitcoinMarketer39

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

ADABsSsSsSsSSSsS

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 04:18:15 PM

to face out all fiat money on one country is not necessary, how about those anyone or anybody that who cant afford to buy gadgets and provide a internet connection, how do they live. i mean how do they make transaction on the physical market to buy or sell goods just to live? this idea is non sense. fiat money is important too and i think more country not to follow if that happens.

I agree to your statement, Not everyone is capable of earning bitcoins consistently and they will change it immediately. The countries economy will obviously crash so its better to stay in fiat and live a normal life. You can still earn more profit in bitcoins without changing the countries currency.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kobmat

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 04:25:19 PM

I think no, because removing real money is not a good idea. Most of the services need a paper money, it will do harm more than good
I dont agree that cash will be extinct, There no possibility that cash will be extinct, i think it will never happen, cash has a many purpose in this world, in different country also, money or cash is very important for now it is the only need of people to buy foods, to buy many things, and i think even bitcoin will be more popular in the future it will not extinct the cash.
markk94

Activity: 308

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 04:29:16 PM

cash could go extinct in sweden region, and the other region that follow its suit that sweden agreed to. but, for other region it's still hard to replaced fiat for fully cashless society because the lack of knowledge about cryptocurrencies itself. that's what i can thought of  Smiley
Wilfrer

Activity: 232

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 04:47:00 PM

Maybe this will happen if they apply online payment or card technology now. There will be a lot of support from the government in the future because it will bring us many benefits such as security, anti-theft, easy payment as well as asset management.

legenduim

Activity: 588
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 08:16:45 PM

Maybe Sweden is being in a hurry for getting rid of cash money. Just imagine — what if something happen with internet (just for a few hours)? What if exactly this time people will have to buy some medicines urgently and save somebody’s life?

Crypto and cards are great, but cash must live.  Shocked
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 08:29:49 PM

Maybe Sweden is being in a hurry for getting rid of cash money. Just imagine — what if something happen with internet (just for a few hours)? What if exactly this time people will have to buy some medicines urgently and save somebody’s life?

Crypto and cards are great, but cash must live.  Shocked
Nothing will happen, because the Internet can't just go off unless all satellites drop down simultaneously. And even if it went off for a few hours, people wouldn't suddenly starve to death. And urgent medicines could just be put on a tab (and usually get paid by the insurance anyways). There's no reason to keep cash around.
chelle5

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 10:27:35 AM

No.It will still be needed for different things.It crypto currencies are great but still cash is still needed by people also.Others countries also still needs cash.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │       T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  21st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Reddit           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
goaldigger

Activity: 2352
Merit: 356

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 12:15:48 PM

I can clearly imagine what a world would be without using cash or fiat as the medium of exchange. As what you say that Sweden is planning to faceout fiat, i think it is possible. Other countries will eventually do this if Sweden succeeded. Just think of all the convinient things you can experience with today's technology.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
cryptojac17

Activity: 490
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 12:49:22 PM

I can clearly imagine what a world would be without using cash or fiat as the medium of exchange. As what you say that Sweden is planning to faceout fiat, i think it is possible. Other countries will eventually do this if Sweden succeeded. Just think of all the convinient things you can experience with today's technology.
Because we are in the cyber age yeah the possibility is really in the near future the fiat become extinct, young generation seems not comfortable to use cash as the medium of exchange because of the new technology that is readily available to every one and transactions is just a click of the hand.

Pasabm

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 12:51:35 PM

I think the cash is hard to be extinct, but if in the year 2023 swedia managed to stop using cash, maybe there are some countries that will follow him. This will be our ease to transact, but not all countries in the world will follow, because there are still many countries that still need cash and the country has not developed the technology is not ready to doya.Jika this succeed may take a long time.
Eternu

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 05:40:07 PM

to face out all fiat money on one country is not necessary, how about those anyone or anybody that who cant afford to buy gadgets and provide a internet connection, how do they live. i mean how do they make transaction on the physical market to buy or sell goods just to live? this idea is non sense. fiat money is important too and i think more country not to follow if that happens.

I agree to your statement, Not everyone is capable of earning bitcoins consistently and they will change it immediately. The countries economy will obviously crash so its better to stay in fiat and live a normal life. You can still earn more profit in bitcoins without changing the countries currency.
I agree with you guys, there are more than a few problems about Bitcoin that needs to be solved first, if we think to use Bitcoin for day to day things. Most people look on Bitcoin just because it provides them with easy income, and they say they support Bitcoin. But they do not know basic things about it, they do not think about people that do not have technology to use it. So Fiat currencies will stay in our life for at least 10+ years.
aoihs00

Activity: 700
Merit: 300

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 06:05:57 PM

I don't think so. Yes it's good thing that cryptocurrency was develop, but it was not made to replace paper fiat or cash, instead it was develop to reinforce currency as we know it and to introduce alternative ways. Besides, not all people can readily accepts a society without cash. I also believe that it will create more problems than solutions if we totally extinct cash.
Bitcoin was specifically created to replace fiat money due to the corruption that centralization promotes.

Ah that makes sense now. Sure it is made for that purpose and I don’t think adapting the crypto currencies is as easy task as it looks like. No matter what how big government or powerful country take into consideration but this will never work out because people will go insane with the use of it.

Fiat are regulated and kept in limits and as required by the nation that’s why there is perfect balance of economy. Otherwise we will start seeing the economic crisis within the country after each month. Yeah that can happen for sure if things are not in the regulatory hands.

Decbtralsied currency or okay in the wallet and exchangers but not in the reality. Whatever this country creates will be really autonomous and it won’t be perfect crypto.

May be pseudo-crypto for instance.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 09:29:56 PM

I don't think so. Yes it's good thing that cryptocurrency was develop, but it was not made to replace paper fiat or cash, instead it was develop to reinforce currency as we know it and to introduce alternative ways. Besides, not all people can readily accepts a society without cash. I also believe that it will create more problems than solutions if we totally extinct cash.
Bitcoin was specifically created to replace fiat money due to the corruption that centralization promotes.

Ah that makes sense now. Sure it is made for that purpose and I don’t think adapting the crypto currencies is as easy task as it looks like. No matter what how big government or powerful country take into consideration but this will never work out because people will go insane with the use of it.

Fiat are regulated and kept in limits and as required by the nation that’s why there is perfect balance of economy. Otherwise we will start seeing the economic crisis within the country after each month. Yeah that can happen for sure if things are not in the regulatory hands.

Decbtralsied currency or okay in the wallet and exchangers but not in the reality. Whatever this country creates will be really autonomous and it won’t be perfect crypto.

May be pseudo-crypto for instance.
There is no "perfect balance of economy".

The economy is getting fucked repeatedly precisely because fiat money introduces artificial imbalances that are created by profiteers such as bankers.

And again, that is precisely why Bitcoin was created, so manipulation couldn't trigger economic collapse in the likes of the great depression, the housing crisis, etc.
Jurski

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 09:48:20 PM

In my opinion a lot of time has to pass for cash to be wiped out entirely.There are a lot of reasons for that.
  • Elderly people
  • Influential people might not let that happen for their own reasons
  • There is no guarantee that the government of other countries might support it,we already have some of countries banning crypto
  • Masses might not understand the cryptocurrency for example - (How can this piece of "data" have value?!)
  • We've got used to having cash it is going to be psychologically difficult to let it go that easily(IMHO)

In my opinion it's still too early to say, only time will tell.
Polar91

Activity: 1120
Merit: 553

Filipino Translator 🇵🇭

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2017, 09:48:46 PM

Sweden is contemplating to stop using cash by 2023, does this mean cash might be extinct if other countries follow suit?

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2017/10/sweden-could-stop-using-cash-by-2023?utm_content=buffer40bef&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
Cash extinction? Not literally because it maybe just a lessen on the manufacturing and usage of fiat system since people will totally prefer using cryptocurrencies which are much easier to be used and access with just using technological devices such mobile devices with the presence and need of an internet connection. But this not merely imply that cash will be extinct because many people still prefer fiat rather that cryptocurrencies.
megynacuna

Activity: 756
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 11:00:07 PM

Sweden is contemplating to stop using cash by 2023, does this mean cash might be extinct if other countries follow suit?

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2017/10/sweden-could-stop-using-cash-by-2023?utm_content=buffer40bef&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
Cash extinction? Not literally because it maybe just a lessen on the manufacturing and usage of fiat system since people will totally prefer using cryptocurrencies which are much easier to be used and access with just using technological devices such mobile devices with the presence and need of an internet connection. But this not merely imply that cash will be extinct because many people still prefer fiat rather that cryptocurrencies.

Yes, it can not completely eliminate cash from the system but will reduce its usage like you put it because people prefer the cryptos in a lot of ways but they also prefer to convert them into fiats as and when the need be for them to be used in the lives.
alisafidel58

Activity: 364
Merit: 127

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 11:07:20 PM

I highly doubt that cash or fiat will be extinct because 3rd world country cant afford to go cashless for micro transaction like in the local market.
Sweden could be first because they are 1st class country but i doubt it will happen on a 3rd world country.
liivey0urlifee

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 12:40:57 AM

I don't think that cash will extinct. There are a lot of dealings that should be compensated by cash. And also most of the deal that requires documentations are need to paid in money. Also not every establishments will embrace cashless dealings.
gambitcoin53

Activity: 378
Merit: 25

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 03:30:04 AM

this is way too early, don't over react on this. yes, btc is getting it's mark and place in our daily life but this doesn't mean that cash and physical money will be extinct, im sure btc and cash will still get along and will remain in circulation, if this will happen, years or maybe centuries will pass, not all countries or people are patronizing btc yet. im sure some means of trading currencies will rise, maybe better than btc.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
ivanst776
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 07:06:50 AM

cash will never go extinct as this is the only currency which is accepted throughout the world as far as we know it, if some countries are planning to go cashless that would be a major shift as the whole world might be affected. Not all countries have the technology to go cashless so I guess cash will still be there.. yes it will be minimize but never will it be extinct in my opinion.
Cash will stay up to 3 to 4 year and after that bitcoin will take its place and more of it btc has more capability to bless its owner as compare to cash and as by seeing the people rush toward btc I am sure that all the people will know soon that this coin has more to give and talking about cash there is bit insecurity in cash whereas btc is secure so wait and watch how cash will be wiped out and btc will be used.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 »
  Print  

Jump to: