Bitcoin Forum
July 14, 2024, 12:19:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Does this mean Cash will be extinct?  (Read 14836 times)
TheAndy500

Activity: 1232
Merit: 266

> CAMPAIGN MANAGER < https://t.me/TheAndy500

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 10:42:46 PM

I might get happen that cash might get extinct but for that government and people should start using e-wallets and it will take time to reache to every person. If crypto currency get legalised in all countries then yes this process will even take less time.
i think  its to early to say that cash will be extinct.because  at the movement almost maximum countries using cash.but in the future we can say that may be it will happen.
The most important fact is that whole population should have internet connection and what's more, knowledge how to use it and how to work with this type of currency, thats why it will be in future.

2taps

Activity: 266
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 10:49:55 PM

Extinction of cash is not so easy.Cash is a traditional and extremely trusted mode of payment used by people from many years.Cash has a physical form so it has no acceptance issues.Moreover it is centralized in nature which means it is under the supervision of government,so government will not allow any other currency to replace cash so easily.The only way for cash to be extinct will be if any other currency gains the amount of trust and popularity that cash have but  it will take years for any other currency to reach that level of  trust and acceptance .
What you are saying is true because cash is not a object that can be replaced just because something has more value. Because cash has been used for a very long time and i don't think that it will be replaced or removed just because of bitcoin.
Wish4Bubbles

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 11:24:32 PM

I think even though bitcoin is currently in progress but it seems that the existence of cash won't be replaced by any currency, because many things can be achieved by using fiat forex which occasionally can not be done with bitcoin, so the potential of forex fiat should never be replaced functionally
wilberthh

Activity: 462
Merit: 12

Indonesian Translator, #1 Quality is prioritized.

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 11:48:34 PM

To say that cash will extincnt is a bit too much..  I think cash is the best option for payment at the moment. But well we don't know what future has to offer. Still, I don't think other countries will stop producing flat at least for now or anytime soon.
tanginamoo

Activity: 276
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 12:03:37 AM

Sweden is contemplating to stop using cash by 2023, does this mean cash might be extinct if other countries follow suit?

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2017/10/sweden-could-stop-using-cash-by-2023?utm_content=buffer40bef&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

With this issue and innovation, it is not impossible for cryptocurrency to overpower cash. As technology rises the possibility of erasing cash to our society is very high. And also there are many investors and large businessmen pursue to the satisfaction of cashless society. Extinction of cash money is possible.

TTITA

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 12:10:46 AM

Some merchants in some countries still got problem about counterfeiting to verifying transaction using cash.
Nordics has lead solution to solve with reducinig transactions using cash. Will this be followed by other countries?
Could be yes, because with the ease of credit and debit card facilities, as well as electronic virtual money services, people are invited to think ahead, on the other hand the issuance and printing of cash also requires a lot of money.
LoverDropper

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 06:37:18 PM

Sent bitcoin deposit yesterday but it is not showing in my account.Delivered mail with details for your e-mail.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 06:51:22 PM

Sent bitcoin deposit yesterday but it is not showing in my account.Delivered mail with details for your e-mail.
Not sure if spam or not?

But Bitcoin deposits, especially with low fees, can take quite a while to accredit.
Xember

Activity: 110

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 07:07:07 PM

Sweden is contemplating to stop using cash by 2023, does this mean cash might be extinct if other countries follow suit?

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2017/10/sweden-could-stop-using-cash-by-2023?utm_content=buffer40bef&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

There is a probability that cash will no longer be used by the people due to being out dated in the future. But, I highly doubt that it will happen in the year 2023, I mean it is too soon. Also, the old people and the people who are not very good at computers will certainly disapprove of this thought, the thought of using only bitcoin and other cryptocurrency.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 07:09:02 PM

There is a probability that cash will no longer be used by the people due to being out dated in the future. But, I highly doubt that it will happen in the year 2023, I mean it is too soon. Also, the old people and the people who are not very good at computers will certainly disapprove of this thought, the thought of using only bitcoin and other cryptocurrency.
He's talking about Sweden specifically, which could very easily happen if they choose to make the move. They've been known to be quite progressive in this field after all. The news aren't about "Bitcoin" either, they're about using electronic cash with cards or smart phones, just like most people in that country already are anyways.
rhodelmabanal

Activity: 1140
Merit: 103

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 07:48:35 PM

Eliminating paper fiat will have a measurably negative effect on economies. Paper money represents a more efficient form of transaction than electronic payment. For the poor who can't afford a cell phone or internet connection, paper money is their only hope of buying/selling. Getting rid of paper fiat makes transactions more difficult and also centralizes the currency aspect of economies which leads to monopolism. Centralizing power and influence in this way is strongly correlated with exploitation, predatory business practices and inequality.

Banning paper money will have a measurable negative effect on economic growth, unemployment, inflation, standard of living & other statistics. It will represent lost opportunity, a higher bar to entry for markets, greater difficulty in small businesses surviving and creating jobs. There's no upside or advantage in getting rid of paper money. And there are definitely many disadvantages.

The Influence of paper monetery symbolizes our true nature of centralized banks. If somehow paper will be extinct its very hard because how could other people know the reason, that they didn't even know yet what's happening. They can't buy things throughout their hardworks. But it's advantages are people can no longer snatch bags because there is no money in it.

Ewinsane

Activity: 980
Merit: 523

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 05:16:20 AM

I think that that is what will happen in a few years because more people are trying to buy things online and with bitcoin you can witch is nice.
So you should buy bitcoin and invest in it more.
Yes .it is totally a nonsense thing that the use of digital currencies would let the cash to extent on complete basis. Actually there are some underdeveloped countries where the physical money or fiat is used commonly as a mean of transacting money and due to unequal distribution of the crypto currency usage in the world to is not possible at all that the virtual ones are going to replace the older method of payment i.e. fiats not even in the next thousand years because they have their known unique importance that could not be ignored.
pecson134

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 06:42:42 AM

Maybe it is not an easy feat to implement on a worldwide basis because several countries was still accustomed on using their own local currency and cash as well. From my point of view bitcoins cannot yet to be use on every transactions and deals we are entering so it can be served as a replacement for now. Bitcoins needs to be more stabilize and needs to be improve in order for it to be use everywhere with ease.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
youarehere

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 07:13:05 AM

i dont think cash will be extinct because part of the daily basis and i think cash more important
zeaderza

Activity: 896
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 08:22:39 AM

Cash depends on the government of one's country. They are the one's who regulate the flow of the money within the premises of their country. Thus they are the only ones who can decide and the first one who knows that cash is already extinct.

Yeah right, in every country its all up to their government to change their currency from cash/fiat to digital. It doesn't mean that since Sweden are planning to eliminate cash it also applies to other country its a case to case basis. Maybe in sweden cryptocurrency are legal their. In my own opinion cash will not going to be instinct anytime soon.
Fiat can be digital, cash can not.
Agreed! There is no way that we can see a cashless society. There is no reason to deny this fact that crypto currency is really a very good way of making money but we cannot deny the worth of paper money too. People are using paper money since centuries and they will continue to use it no matter what the conditions will be. I don’t this so that this thing will ever happen in future.

alfs75

Activity: 392

platform for everyday business

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 10:25:59 AM

Will,in my own opinion cash would not be extinct,in my own country as long its not regulated by the our own government,because they didn't recognize it,unlike in the sweden they open up the modernazation  given by the digital currency,thats why they have a vision that in the future they  would not used fiat in all transaction.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ CRYPTOEXCHANGE TowerX ]
▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
nethan1btc

Activity: 574

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 10:42:26 AM

Cash depends on the government of one's country. They are the one's who regulate the flow of the money within the premises of their country. Thus they are the only ones who can decide and the first one who knows that cash is already extinct.

Yeah right, in every country its all up to their government to change their currency from cash/fiat to digital. It doesn't mean that since Sweden are planning to eliminate cash it also applies to other country its a case to case basis. Maybe in sweden cryptocurrency are legal their. In my own opinion cash will not going to be instinct anytime soon.
Fiat can be digital, cash can not.
Agreed! There is no way that we can see a cashless society. There is no reason to deny this fact that crypto currency is really a very good way of making money but we cannot deny the worth of paper money too. People are using paper money since centuries and they will continue to use it no matter what the conditions will be. I don’t this so that this thing will ever happen in future.

Yes you're right, even the cryptocurrency doing good enough of making money, easy to transact and easy way to pay any payments bill but we really can't deny the fiat currency because it is traditionally used in the people in such a long time since centuries. And I think replacing cash or fiat currency is gonna take along way before actually happening.
KEPLER99

Activity: 448
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 12:24:14 PM

I can clearly imagine what a world would be without using cash or fiat as the medium of exchange. As what you say that Sweden is planning to faceout fiat, i think it is possible. Other countries will eventually do this if Sweden succeeded. Just think of all the convinient things you can experience with today's technology.
Exactly! There is no way that we can deny the worth of paper money. People are using paper money since centuries and they actually believe in paper money. With the advancement in technology, things Rae changing a lot but this does not certainly means that cash is going to extinct. Paper money is the fundamental need of any society and it will remain in the society no matter what the conditions are.

magmar

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 12:31:57 PM

It is hard to say but yes it will be extinct, faced out, or whatever you called it but it will never be used anymore in the future. Because our world is innovating things, making the world much convenient and much technology related because it is much easier to used and less hassle because if you wanted to have a lot of money in yours it might be a little bulky in your pocket and you will always bring you wallet in you which you often drop. While if you have digital currency all of your money will be stored in your account, whatever technology you are using, mobile phones tablets etc. You can easily carry your koney with you.
West0813

Activity: 504

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 12:50:09 PM

Fiat will never be extinct in this world. Because fiat is a big part of our daily life. And only a rich and advance country can make fiat disappear in their country.

stobox
DIGITAL ASSETS ECOSYSTEM
───────  Website ⬝  WhitepaperTwitterFacebookTelegramLinkedin   ───────
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 »
  Print  

Jump to: