Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:10:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Does this mean Cash will be extinct?  (Read 14820 times)
Tabanta

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 08:26:22 PM

Governments dont want people to use cash, but cryptos neither. They want to track everything, so for governments its best, if people make bank transfers.

▐▐   ▬▬▬▬▬   DeepOnion   ▬▬▬▬▬   ▌▌
████    40 PUBLIC AIRDROPS COMPLETED    TOR INTEGRATED    ████
▬▬▬▬   (✔) DeepVault Blockchain File Signatures  •  VoteCentral Your Vote Counts  •  deeponion.org   ▬▬▬▬

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rushel22

Activity: 233
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 10:39:09 PM

Total removal of fiat from the society will do more harm than good.
No matter the level of technological development, not everyone will be able to embrace cashless transactions. And also, most services need to be paid in cash.

That is really true. It will not be a problem only to those who are people depending on fiat money but also to us. Because fore example, we will go somewhere where the internet connection is very poor or the vendors don't have smart phones to use so they can access the internet, we cannot buy right because there's no fiat money. How can we pay if it happens that there will be no internet connection? What will also happen to people who are poor if cash will be extinct?
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 02:56:07 AM

Sweden is contemplating to stop using cash by 2023, does this mean cash might be extinct if other countries follow suit?

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2017/10/sweden-could-stop-using-cash-by-2023?utm_content=buffer40bef&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
Not all countries are going to be able to follow suit, Sweden is a very wealthy country so they can do that if they want but for countries that have a bigger difference in the wealth of their citizens that is going to be impossible, in my country there are very rich people and a healthy amount of middle class people but those that are poor have barely enough to sustain themselves so it is obvious that is impossible to do such a thing in my country.
Copulative

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 06:03:15 AM

Disposing of money would require an intensive report on what will be the effect to the economy. There will be no issues For the high society or the well off ones. Be that as it may, this will be a major issue particulary on the lower class group. It would be a 360 degrees alteration if online exchanges will be completely executed since it will cause venture. Where might these individuals get a financial plan for the devices and month to month web association installment? It will be an extra weight for them. Along these lines, I am reluctant that money will be elimated until further notice.
Mrjitter

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 06:17:04 AM

It was not made to supplant the fiat at all and there were no plans like this in any case. All the calculation and stuff was rolled out to straighten something up to improvement the way we do exchanges and keep it mysterious. That is all the bitcoin is about and it will resemble that dependably.
guxu219

Activity: 392

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 06:26:41 AM

No, Bitcoin is made to have a smooth exchanges without the need of any banks or organizations to exchange cash starting with one place then onto the next and it makes exchanges mysterious. For instance, Signature battle supervisors hold enormous measure of bitcoin like 2 BTC or 3 BTC for crusades and convey that toward the finish of the battle yet these entire exchanges are avoided government. Thus, I figure it will help defilement instead of halting if appropriate guidelines are not shaped.
vidprab5

Activity: 222
Merit: 11

Create Your Decentralized Life

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 09:05:36 AM

I dont think cash will be extinct even if bitcoin grows bigger in the future, maybe there's a slight possibility but for my personal preference it wont because not all of us here in the world, or i could say not all of us in every country can afford bitcoin because of social problems like internet. Thats why i conclude that there's only a slight chance.
That slight chance is leaning heavily on the impossible. I can't even imagine gat happening. Its can probably for some countries like the us and uk or japan but to say cash would be extinct entirely around the world, that's not happening

Cash is a currency proves existence of the government and their incluence in the world's economy.
If someday, no cash in the world, they will not exist and something or no one manage the world.
There are indeed maximum chances of cash to disappear especially rom the developed countries in the coming years because they are already totally dependent on online banking, plastic money and now on digital currencies especially bitcoin.

Cash will become the sign of past or underdeveloped societies in the coming decade because the way bitcoin is becoming popular, it is a big threat to cash existence.

Streamlink

Activity: 490

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 11:22:46 AM

I think money will still be there. Because until now even people prefer to transact with cash. Because even though it is already crowded people use bitcoin in online transactions, but still few people know about bitcoin and ease of use
Cash will remain there until and unless there is illiteracy. Those people are going to use bitcoin and plastic money which have sense of online banking and online transactions but those who are from underdeveloped countries or developing where there is literacy rate quite low they are unable to use digital currencies. Cash is there for those who are unable to use banks or internet just for transactions.
cluit
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 06:26:05 AM

Cash will never be extinct even how much they would try... Cash will still remain because not all the places in the world is connected to internet or to mobile connection... there are many places in the world that are still remote where cryptocurrencies are never heard before. You might even lose your head if you say you'll gonna pay them with a cryptocurrency.
I have a little bit different opinion in this matter because I think the world is going to be taken over by technology in near future and all the things are going to be automated rather  converted into digital form.  Now that we have been introduced with crypto currencies which are a way faster than paper money transactions and a lot better in many other aspects, there is a possibility that we will live in a cashless society one day.
twthmoses

Activity: 301
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 07:07:55 AM

Cash will never be extinct even how much they would try... Cash will still remain because not all the places in the world is connected to internet or to mobile connection... there are many places in the world that are still remote where cryptocurrencies are never heard before. You might even lose your head if you say you'll gonna pay them with a cryptocurrency.
I have a little bit different opinion in this matter because I think the world is going to be taken over by technology in near future and all the things are going to be automated rather  converted into digital form.  Now that we have been introduced with crypto currencies which are a way faster than paper money transactions and a lot better in many other aspects, there is a possibility that we will live in a cashless society one day.

Crypto currencies are not faster than cash payment, the opposite in fact. The current technology of Crypto currencies, e.g. block chain, miners, fee etc... Is absolutely no match for the ease and speed of cash, neither in paper form nor its digital delivering method, namely credit card and Mobil pay. If one want to compete with cashes digital delivering method, the crypto currencies technology needs a whole other thinking, than the current blockchain thinking.
01asd

Activity: 238
Merit: 112

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 07:35:28 AM

I don't think so that cash is going anywhere else,  until the next fifty sixty years.  Cash is now being the most basic form used by everyone,  everyone may do not have a credit card or a bank account but they do have access to cash.  Cash us the most basic form of currency.  Any cryptocurrencies or any other advancement will not replace it that easily. Bitcoin is continously growing up and it's price are skyrocketting and still very less people know about it.  I think cash will not be replaced.

Cash will not go extinct. Do you think how those who trade in traditional markets? Surely they will use cash and do not want to use a credit card or bank transfer. Traditional markets will surely be everywhere. Do not think that far and complicated, if we see people who sell food or soft drinks on the roadside, we will use cash to buy it, right? Therefore cash will not be lost. However, over time cryptocurrency and digital currencies will become more popular and more popular by many people and the world.
Aba

Activity: 431

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 12:39:32 AM

It can happen, because with non-cash transactions provide effectiveness and efficiency to the community during transactions, Cash Instruments that have been circulating, such as banknotes and coins considered less practical because if you want to transact with a large nominal, then the physical money should be used many more. This is what makes the inconvenience of having to carry a lot of money. Currently with the development of bitcoin blockchain technology there are many projects that implement in terms of transactions between sellers and buyers using applications or platforms based on blockchain technology.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 11:10:45 AM

Disposing of money would require an intensive report on what will be the effect to the economy. There will be no issues For the high society or the well off ones. Be that as it may, this will be a major issue particulary on the lower class group. It would be a 360 degrees alteration if online exchanges will be completely executed since it will cause venture. Where might these individuals get a financial plan for the devices and month to month web association installment? It will be an extra weight for them. Along these lines, I am reluctant that money will be elimated until further notice.
Cash going extinct doesn't mean that money will disappear. There will always be some sort of currency for as long as there are goods that are limited in quantity.
stepwilli

Activity: 1042
Merit: 273

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 12:58:08 PM

Sweden is contemplating to stop using cash by 2023, does this mean cash might be extinct if other countries follow suit?

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2017/10/sweden-could-stop-using-cash-by-2023?utm_content=buffer40bef&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
It surely won't disappear in the future because I believe that it will still be used in the future. Indeed bitcoin is a digital currrncy which is the new trend because we are on digital age but still, regular currencies are supported by many countries and has a huge role into the lives of many people which is unlike bitcoin that is decentralized and is still new.
No cash cannot become extinct whatever may happen.Cash is used by all the people of the world and it is the general mode of transaction.Cryptocurrencies are operated by those who have internet accessibility and some knowledge about them.Moreover government in many nations have still not legalised bitcoin or any other cryptocurrencies.Since bitcoin is decentralised,there can be many cases of fraud.So cash or fiat money will remain in power till the end.It can happen that bitcoin can come to power along with the cash but cannot overtake it
Bitcoin will be welcomed by everyone because there is more room of earning in bitcoin and that’s the main reason people are on it whereas taxation is concerned bitcoin will give a lot of relief to the government as well as people to pay their taxes online and the region will be independent from the outer debts because bitcoin will give a thrust to the economy to move up like its prices and will bring good time.
randal9

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 02:06:02 PM

I don't think that cash can disappear...Cryptocurrency is just another form of money, but it is not meant to replace other forms
SkustaClee

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 02:11:39 PM

The world of full of possibilities so maybe it will happen but there is only small possibility because we can't even sure if all of the people will adapt bitcoin and use it in everyday life.
hangar18

Activity: 676
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 05:51:49 PM

I dont think cash will be extinct even if bitcoin grows bigger in the future, maybe there's a slight possibility but for my personal preference it wont because not all of us here in the world, or i could say not all of us in every country can afford bitcoin because of social problems like internet. Thats why i conclude that there's only a slight chance.
That slight chance is leaning heavily on the impossible. I can't even imagine gat happening. Its can probably for some countries like the us and uk or japan but to say cash would be extinct entirely around the world, that's not happening

Cash is a currency proves existence of the government and their incluence in the world's economy.
If someday, no cash in the world, they will not exist and something or no one manage the world.
There are indeed maximum chances of cash to disappear especially rom the developed countries in the coming years because they are already totally dependent on online banking, plastic money and now on digital currencies especially bitcoin.

Cash will become the sign of past or underdeveloped societies in the coming decade because the way bitcoin is becoming popular, it is a big threat to cash existence.
There is no way to make the existence of cash disappear. We can not use Bitcoin or digital currency or visa/master card without internet, these things all need to have internet to access the server and manage our money. However. with paper money, we do not have that limit.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 12:01:39 PM

There is no way to make the existence of cash disappear. We can not use Bitcoin or digital currency or visa/master card without internet, these things all need to have internet to access the server and manage our money. However. with paper money, we do not have that limit.
When was the last time the internet, or even electricity went out for any relevant amount of time? It's just not a viable concern and definitely not a hindrance for the extinction of cash.
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 05:48:45 PM

i believe its likely but a of his omentit would not be happen. a number of nations are not progressive and there is many people cannot do an adjusment about this scenario.stm
If enough people do it they will have no other choice but to follow as well, it is similar to what happened to computers, many people at first did not saw the benefits of computers and they refused to use them now someone that has that attitude is probably never going to find a job ever again, at some point people are going to be forced by circumstances to accept bitcoin.
Sweeet123

Activity: 248

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 05:59:46 PM

I don't think cash will be extinct, cash is more trusted and efficient way of transaction, so if countries decide to stop paper currency, it will surely have a negative impact on nation's economy.If countries are gonna opt for a complete digital payment, it is going to take a lot of time to completely get rid of paper currency, so yeah cash becoming extinct? I don't think so ,and even it becomes extinct it'll take a lot of time , I don't see it happening before say around 80 to 100 years more
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 »
  Print  

Jump to: