Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 02:46:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer Monitor  (Read 31029 times)
anselal (OP)

Activity: 74
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 05:47:49 PM
Last edit: January 23, 2018, 11:59:30 AM by anselal
Merited by frodocooper (5), mikeywith (2)

Hello there,

I just want to share with you an "Antminer Monitor" I am developing. You can check the source at https://github.com/anselal/antminer-monitor
It is based on Flask, a python web micro-framework. Currently the app support miner model L3+, S7, S9, D3. The features include keeping an eye on temperatures, fan speed, hashrate, total hashrate grouped by model.
There are in-app notifications in case of a problem. Every problem is logged in a file. Currently the log file is not accessible vie the web interface, but will be available in feature releases.
Another requested feature is the ability to reboot/power off the miner, which will soon available (currently working on it)
You can find more information on the projects page at github.
If you would like to contribute you can do so by reporting any error, request new features or create pull requests.

I am very excited about this project. I hope it will help you monitor our miners, especially if you own a lot of them.

Happy mining !!!

UPDATE 23/01/2018:

Twitter: https://twitter.com/AntminerMonitor

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
memphis88

Activity: 162
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 04:20:33 AM

Thx for soft.
But will need more function for more interest to your asic monitor.
anselal (OP)

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 05:31:37 AM

Thx for soft.
But will need more function for more interest to your asic monitor.

Hey,

thank you for the interest in my app. You can always open an issue on github and suggest new features, report errors or contribute on the codebase if you want. The app is still in development and there are more features to come !!
polymer_city

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:47:23 AM

I'm working on something similar in WPF.

How are you getting temperature stats for S9's?

I just get 0 on my S9
anselal (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:49:46 AM

I'm working on something similar in WPF.

How are you getting temperature stats for S9's?

I just get 0 on my S9

You can check the code at https://github.com/anselal/antminer-monitor
polymer_city

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 11:45:41 AM

cheers bro!

Found it!!

Code:
//From this
//output = sr.ReadToEnd().Replace("\x00", "");

//To this
output = sr.ReadToEnd().Replace("\x00", "").Replace("}{", "},{");
anselal (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 11:46:56 AM

cheers bro!

Found it!!

Code:
//From this

//To this

Open Source software rules !!!!
anselal (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 11:49:10 AM

cheers bro!

Found it!!

Code:
//From this

//To this

Yeah, it seems that there is an error in the JSON produced by cgminer. This is a workaround (hack) that I had to do in order to be able to parse the output !!!
polymer_city

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 11:55:02 AM

I knew it was simple, as it couldn't deserialize that stat command.

I was desperate to get the temps, as im making a monitor to control 27 D3's!

I have a selenium tool i made to change pools and fans and frequency's.

But I'm building an API version for GPU and ASIC right now.

SSH tool, network scan (need to finish port scanner)

If you need a hand let me know. Smiley

anselal (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 11:58:46 AM

Thanks, you are welcome to contribute if yo want. I am currently testing the remote reboot/shutdown functionality and after that I want to add a network scan feature like yours, as requested by some users. More features to come. If you like my app give it a hands up !!!
polymer_city

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 12:11:03 PM

I don't know any python really...

Keep saying i will delve into it.. just havent got the time!

Good luck with your project Smiley
Drachi

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 10:35:28 AM

Hello there,

I just want to share with you an "Antminer Monitor" I am developing. You can check the source at https://github.com/anselal/antminer-monitor
It is based on Flask, a python web micro-framework. Currently the app support miner model L3+, S7, S9, D3. The features include keeping an eye on temperatures, fan speed, hashrate, total hashrate grouped by model.
There are in-app notifications in case of a problem. Every problem is logged in a file. Currently the log file is not accessible vie the web interface, but will be available in feature releases.
Another requested feature is the ability to reboot/power off the miner, which will soon available (currently working on it)

Hi Anselal,

Really like what you've done with this app.
I was wondering if there is anyway to edit the Hyperlink that is produced by adding the ip?

It is a local IP but I want to hyperlink a public ip.

So the text on the page is still 192.168.xxx.xxx but the hyperlink is to 212.xxx.xxx.xxx:81

Hopefully this isn't to confusing.
And hopefully possible.
anselal (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 10:39:20 AM

Hello there,

Hi Anselal,

I was wondering if there is anyway to edit the Hyperlink that is produced by adding the ip?

So the text on the page is still 192.168.xxx.xxx but the hyperlink is to 212.xxx.xxx.xxx:81

And hopefully possible.

The app communicates with the cgminer api at a default port and not at the web's interface port (80). So just add the ip of the miner and you should be ready to monitor your miners.
Let me know if you have other questions.
Drachi

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 04:11:45 PM

Hello there,

Hi Anselal,

And hopefully possible.

The app communicates with the cgminer api at a default port and not at the web's interface port (80). So just add the ip of the miner and you should be ready to monitor your miners.

Hi Anselal,

That wasn't what I was getting at but I've found what I wanted.
The html file.
I'm trying the change the hyperlink on the webpage to go from a local IP to Public IP, but as I have the HTML file I can figure the rest out.

Thanks for such a swift reply.
anselal (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 06:43:47 AM

Hello there,

Hi Anselal,

And hopefully possible.

Hi Anselal,

The html file.
I'm trying the change the hyperlink on the webpage to go from a local IP to Public IP, but as I have the HTML file I can figure the rest out.

No problem, but I still don't understand what you are trying to do. Pm me and we will figure this out Wink
mikespax

Activity: 362
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 05:00:39 PM

Could you do a step by step of how to run this for dummies? I'm not great with all this command line on mac.

Bitrated user: mikespax.
anselal (OP)

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 06:15:40 PM

Could you do a step by step of how to run this for dummies? I'm not great with all this command line on mac.

I am finalizing a more detailed installation guide. I hope it will help. I think i will push it tomorrow. If you want help we can teamviewer, just pm
qingsha3

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 11:03:30 AM

Thanks, you are welcome to contribute if yo want
anselal (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 11:05:49 AM

Thanks, you are welcome to contribute if yo want

Thnx, I will contribute to my own project Tongue
hossamelsawy

Activity: 9

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 06:47:46 PM

Hello there,

If you would like to contribute you can do so by reporting any error, request new features or create pull requests.

I am very excited about this project. I hope it will help you monitor our miners, especially if you own a lot of them.

Happy mining !!!
please can you help me to know how can i install it
anselal (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 06:56:19 PM

Hello there,

Happy mining !!!
please can you help me to know how can i install it

If you followed the instructions but couldn't make the app run pm me
catalkasik8

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 09:40:38 PM

Hello there,

Hi Anselal,

And hopefully possible.

Hi Anselal,

The html file.

exactly same think what im looking for. Anselal says, you can not go to public ip. but you say, from the html file(template file which is located "..\antminer-monitor-master\app\templates" can go to public ip, then you can check yuour miners status REMOTLY. Im trying it but I could not. can you help me please.
anselal (OP)

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 06:49:19 AM

The app is supposed to run on a local LAN, so all the ip address you add are local ip addresses. For every miner you add, the ip address of that miner is rendered as a hyperlink so you can access your miner's web interface more quickly.
If you are monitoring outside your local LAN e.g. via port forwarding, you won't be able to access the miner's interface. A workaround is to setup a VPN server or connecting to the pc running the #AntminerMonitor e.g. via teamviewer
dinotom

Activity: 19

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 09:50:32 PM

I already have Python 3.6.3 installed on my PC as I am starting to learn Python (Went from VB.net to C#, now trying to learn Python and C++). I saw your antminer monitor, looks great and I'd love to use it as i run a bunch of S9's and L3's.

Will it work on 3.6.3? I see you spec 2.7.3?

I'd love some help getting it installed and configured once I know if my Python version is good.
anselal (OP)

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 10:51:44 PM

No, it won't work with python 3 since there are some changes to the socket module which I haven't merged yet, although I have tested them and they work.
You need to install python 2 and I think that you have to uninstall python 3. I have seen it not working when both versions were installed.
Try to follow the instructions and if you still have problems just pm
catalkasik8

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 12:01:23 AM

The app is supposed to run on a local LAN, so all the ip address you add are local ip addresses. For every miner you add, the ip address of that miner is rendered as a hyperlink so you can access your miner's web interface more quickly.
If you are monitoring outside your local LAN e.g. via port forwarding, you won't be able to access the miner's interface. A workaround is to setup a VPN server or connecting to the pc running the #AntminerMonitor e.g. via teamviewer

Hi Anselal,
Thank you very much for your quick response. Additionally I want to appreciate you that creating a helpfull tools for world wide coin miners  for free. Im not an expert coder of python, but Im coding same tool in visual basic now, then I gonna be published to github soon for miners for free. It will be very usefull toll for the mid or long range mining farms in the future, I think. Hovewer, remote control of farm status will be very important for investors. According this, you are kindly requested to work on this issue. If you done this, also you will help all of miners of the World.

Thanks a lot,

gultekin  
anselal (OP)

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 07:29:03 AM

Thank you for your kind words. We have implemented some very nice features like reboot/save shutdown etc.. We are currently testing those features and we hope we can release them soon.

I chose python so the app can be platform independent. The app has been tested on Windows, Linux and Mac and runs without any errors. Even more, since the app is web based it is easily accessible remotely.
Hotcooler

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 03:04:27 AM

Cheers for the software Anselal.

As another suggestion, one can proxy/reverse proxy them through some http server, say apache with mod_proxy. One can also run monitor through the proxy to add SSL, and authorization. Though I'm either bad at it, or I dont understand something, thus had to create couple of rules and modify default root of the web app to get it to work properly..
anselal (OP)

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 01:00:58 PM

Cheers for the software Anselal.

As another suggestion, one can proxy/reverse proxy them through some http server, say apache with mod_proxy. One can also run monitor through the proxy to add SSL, and authorization. Though I'm either bad at it, or I dont understand something, thus had to create couple of rules and modify default root of the web app to get it to work properly..

Sorry for the delayed reply. In order to setup SSL you will have to run the app with gunicorn and proxy that on nginx or apache. I prefer nginx since it is easier to use with gunicorn
anselal (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 02:19:35 PM

I've sent a pull request to allow remote management. The idea is that you add port forward to the miners in your router and use this address in the remote host port configuration while you add the miner. The webapp will still be running in the LAN and be able to connect to the RPC ports of the miners and you would be able to access the miners remotely to do anything.

Hi there,

First of all thank you for taking the time to contributing to my little project, I really appreciate it.
I saw your pull request but didn't had the time to reply earlier. I will reply to you at Github !!!
BertTOC

Activity: 13

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:15:38 PM

Hey!

Thank you for such great software.  Grin I have small issue, I cant and I dont know how to install this. Could you help with step by step install guide. I followed what you put in the Github but keep getting Systax error and Stgin kind of error.  Huh
adstek

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 02:34:43 AM

This looks awesome, I've tried to install it, but I can't seem to figure out how to do it, could anyone help me?
I get error "No module maned pip" when I type in "python -m pip install -r requirements.txt" Huh
anselal (OP)

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 06:25:38 AM

This looks awesome, I've tried to install it, but I can't seem to figure out how to do it, could anyone help me?
I get error "No module maned pip" when I type in "python -m pip install -r requirements.txt" Huh

I assume you are working on a Windows machine ? Uninstall python and reinstall the latest Python2.7 version https://www.python.org/ftp/python/2.7.14/python-2.7.14.msi
adstek

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 10:07:12 AM

I assume you are working on a Windows machine ? Uninstall python and reinstall the latest Python2.7 version https://www.python.org/ftp/python/2.7.14/python-2.7.14.msi

I’m using Ubuntu, and I have python 2.7
anselal (OP)

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 10:29:55 AM

Install pip using the following command: `sudo apt-get install python-pip` Wink
stantpro

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 11:05:20 AM

Very impressive project.We want to know using this Flask, a python web micro-framework app,
is it compatible with regular operating systems as Windows, Linux, Mac, Unix, etc or does it select
specific operating systems.How about the processor speed required and minimum storage requirements?

anselal (OP)

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 11:09:43 AM

Very impressive project.We want to know using this Flask, a python web micro-framework app,
is it compatible with regular operating systems as Windows, Linux, Mac, Unix, etc or does it select
specific operating systems.How about the processor speed required and minimum storage requirements?

Thank you very much for your kind words. This is tested to run on Windows, Linux, and Mac. It should run flawless on all OSs that support python Wink
I run this app on an old RaspberryPi model B, 1 core CPU, 512MB RAM and it runs very well. It runs a bit better on a RaspberryPi 3 meaning it loads the stats a bit quicker.
I think it can run on older machines too Cheesy
If you try it on older machines I would appreciate any feedback
adstek

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 06:24:14 PM

Install pip using the following command: `sudo apt-get install python-pip` Wink

ah lol, thanks!  Grin
ralf007at

Activity: 52

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:30:28 AM
Last edit: January 31, 2018, 07:43:58 PM by frodocooper

Hello Anselal,

thank you for your great software - i use it since a few weeks - today i installed your Version 0.3.0 (before running 0.2.0) then i added a T9 Miner - since then i only get Errors:

Code:
127.0.0.1 - - [31/Jan/2018 09:25:07] "GET / HTTP/1.1" 500 -
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\flask\app.py", line 1997, in __call__
    return [Suspicious link removed]gi_app(environ, start_response)
  File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\flask\app.py", line 1985, in wsgi_app
    response = self.handle_exception(e)
  File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\flask\app.py", line 1540, in handle_exception
    reraise(exc_type, exc_value, tb)
  File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\flask\app.py", line 1982, in wsgi_app
    response = self.full_dispatch_request()
  File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\flask\app.py", line 1614, in full_dispatch_request
    rv = self.handle_user_exception(e)
  File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\flask\app.py", line 1517, in handle_user_exception
  File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\flask\app.py", line 1612, in full_dispatch_request
    rv = self.dispatch_request()
  File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\flask\app.py", line 1598, in dispatch_request
    return self.view_functions[rule.endpoint](**req.view_args)
  File "C:\Python27\app\views\antminer.py", line 95, in miners
    total_hash_rate_per_model[miner.model.model] += float(str(ghs5s))
KeyError: u'T9'

can you help me on this?

thank you!

(Moderator's note: This post was edited by frodocooper to use code tags for the log.)
anselal (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:39:04 AM
Last edit: January 31, 2018, 07:45:29 PM by frodocooper

Hi there,

I updated the installation and upgrade instructions. This is caused because you didn't run the update script. Run `python update_db.py` and you are ready to go !!!

(Moderator's note: This post was edited by frodocooper to trim the quote from ralf007at.)
imtnc

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:15:07 PM

Hi there,

I tried runing the software and this is what i get? Undecided

0\app\__init__.py", line 1, in <module>
    from flask import Flask
ImportError: No module named flask

any idea?
imtnc

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:36:22 PM

Code:
File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\flask\app.py", line 1540, in handle_exception
File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\flask\app.py", line 1614, in full_dispatch_request
File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\flask\app.py", line 1517, in handle_user_exception
File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\flask\app.py", line 1612, in full_dispatch_request
File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\flask\app.py", line 1598, in dispatch_request
File "C:\Users\HP Server\Downloads\antminer-monitor-0.3.0\app\views\antminer.py", line 44, in miners
miners = Miner.query.all()
File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\sqlalchemy\orm\query.py", line 2726, in all
return list(self)
File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\sqlalchemy\orm\query.py", line 2878, in __iter__
return self._execute_and_instances(context)
File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\sqlalchemy\orm\query.py", line 2901, in _execute_and_instances
result = conn.execute(querycontext.statement, self._params)
File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\sqlalchemy\engine\base.py", line 948, in execute
return meth(self, multiparams, params)
File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\sqlalchemy\sql\elements.py", line 269, in _execute_on_connection
return connection._execute_clauseelement(self, multiparams, params)
File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\sqlalchemy\engine\base.py", line 1060, in _execute_clauseelement
compiled_sql, distilled_params
File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\sqlalchemy\engine\base.py", line 1200, in _execute_context
context)
File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\sqlalchemy\engine\base.py", line 1413, in _handle_dbapi_exception
exc_info
File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\sqlalchemy\util\compat.py", line 203, in raise_from_cause
reraise(type(exception), exception, tb=exc_tb, cause=cause)
File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\sqlalchemy\engine\base.py", line 1193, in _execute_context
context)
File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\sqlalchemy\engine\default.py", line 507, in do_execute
cursor.execute(statement, parameters)
OperationalError: (sqlite3.OperationalError) no such table: miner [SQL: u'SELECT miner.id AS miner_id, miner.ip AS miner_ip, miner.model_id AS miner_model_id, miner.remarks AS miner_remarks \nFROM miner'] (Background on this error at: http://sqlalche.me/e/e3q8)

i did upgrade not sure whats goin on!
anselal (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:43:15 PM

Code:
File "C:\Users\HP Server\Downloads\antminer-monitor-0.3.0\app\views\antminer.py", line 44, in miners
miners = Miner.query.all()
File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\sqlalchemy\orm\query.py", line 2726, in all
return list(self)
File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\sqlalchemy\orm\query.py", line 2878, in __iter__
return self._execute_and_instances(context)
File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\sqlalchemy\orm\query.py", line 2901, in _execute_and_instances
result = conn.execute(querycontext.statement, self._params)
File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\sqlalchemy\engine\base.py", line 948, in execute
return meth(self, multiparams, params)
File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\sqlalchemy\sql\elements.py", line 269, in _execute_on_connection
return connection._execute_clauseelement(self, multiparams, params)
File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\sqlalchemy\engine\base.py", line 1060, in _execute_clauseelement
compiled_sql, distilled_params
File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\sqlalchemy\engine\base.py", line 1200, in _execute_context
context)
File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\sqlalchemy\engine\base.py", line 1413, in _handle_dbapi_exception
exc_info
File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\sqlalchemy\util\compat.py", line 203, in raise_from_cause
reraise(type(exception), exception, tb=exc_tb, cause=cause)
File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\sqlalchemy\engine\base.py", line 1193, in _execute_context
context)
File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\sqlalchemy\engine\default.py", line 507, in do_execute
cursor.execute(statement, parameters)
OperationalError: (sqlite3.OperationalError) no such table: miner [SQL: u'SELECT miner.id AS miner_id, miner.ip AS miner_ip, miner.model_id AS miner_model_id, miner.remarks AS miner_remarks \nFROM miner'] (Background on this error at: http://sqlalche.me/e/e3q8)

i did upgrade not sure whats goin on!

Well, it seems that you run the update script on a new installation where the database didnt exist. Why did you do that?

Are you sure there is a database at all ?
imtnc

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:36:25 PM

it refused to start
i tried to run the command stated in your previous post

what can be done here?
anselal (OP)

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 05:57:49 AM

it refused to start
i tried to run the command stated in your previous post

what can be done here?

Did you run 'python create_db.py' ?
anselal (OP)

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 10:31:43 AM

it is there

What do you mean by `it is there` ? Did you run it ? Please follow the instructions at https://github.com/anselal/antminer-monitor/blob/master/README.md or pm me so I can assist you
anselal (OP)

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 02:34:39 PM

Anselal, nice software bud. If you could incorporate some sort of notification by email or sms/text of over temp or under hash speed conditions.. that would be a great tool to have in our pocket. Also, if the miners go above temp, what indication does the webpage show? Do the temps values show up in red, or does it just show a message in info section? I'll send you some bitcoins in a moment. Thanks for the work from you and your team.

Thank you for using AntminerMonitor and for the support, I really appreciate it and it keeps us going.

Email notifications are currently tested and we hope to be part of the next releases. We are currently trying to close some older issues.
In the next release we will probably see per miner settings, like temp warning/errors.
Currently the threshold is hardcoded for all miner and you get an in-app notification if the temp reaches 80 degrees Celsius, which actually raises an error and besides the notification the row of the miner turns red.

PS: I got your donation. Again, thank you very much !!!

If you want to stay updated you can follow us on twitter at https://twitter.com/AntminerMonitor
ralf007at

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:20:34 AM
Last edit: February 21, 2018, 01:59:32 AM by frodocooper

Hi there,

after i added a S9-14TH i only get Error-Messages:

Code:
ValueError
ValueError: max() arg is an empty sequence

Traceback (most recent call last)
        # request came with the OPTIONS method, reply automatically
        if getattr(rule, 'provide_automatic_options', False) \
           and req.method == 'OPTIONS':
            return self.make_default_options_response()
        # otherwise dispatch to the handler for that endpoint

def full_dispatch_request(self):
        """Dispatches the request and on top of that performs request
        pre and postprocessing as well as HTTP exception catching and
        error handling.
File "C:\Python27\app\views\antminer.py", line 138, in miners
if max(temps) >= 80:
ValueError: max() arg is an empty sequence
The debugger caught an exception in your WSGI application. You can now look at the traceback which led to the error.
To switch between the interactive traceback and the plaintext one, you can click on the "Traceback" headline. From the text traceback you can also create a paste of it. For code execution mouse-over the frame you want to debug and click on the console icon on the right side.

You can execute arbitrary Python code in the stack frames and there are some extra helpers available for introspection:

dump() shows all variables in the frame
dump(obj) dumps all that's known about the object

do you have an idea?!

BR Ralf

(Moderator's note: This post was edited by frodocooper to add code tags.)
anselal (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:55:18 AM
Last edit: February 21, 2018, 02:02:18 AM by frodocooper

Does the error fix after a refresh?  I think this is due that the app cannot retrieve the miner's temperatures for some reason. It turns out that sometimes it has to do with the socket timeout I have set (1 second).
I can tell that you are running an older version. I did some updates and moved some files around.
In your current version the file `pycgminer.py` should be located inside the `pycgminer` folder.
Please try to increase the timeout in the file `pycgminer.py` to eg. 3 seconds.

the line you should change is the following:

`sock.settimeout(1)`

just change it to:

`sock.settimeout(3)`

PS: In the latest versions the file `pycgminer.py` is moved inside the `lib` folder

(Moderator's note: This post was edited by frodocooper to trim the quote from ralf007at.)
ralf007at

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 12:06:20 PM

Hi there,

i changed the file - but no success - for your additional information: i checked the miner in the cgminer interface - i don't see any temperature in this miner-type - can i delete the entry out of the database?

BR Ralf
anselal (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 12:22:14 PM

Hi there,

i changed the file - but no success - for your additional information: i checked the miner in the cgminer interface - i don't see any temperature in this miner-type - can i delete the entry out of the database?

BR Ralf

Can you please try to change the timeout to 5 seconds and be sure to restart the app after that. If this still doesn't fix your issue I will submit a patch immediately.
ralf007at

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 12:53:22 PM

Hi there,

it didn't helped - sorry...

BR Ralf
anselal (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 01:10:41 PM

Hi there,

it didn't helped - sorry...

BR Ralf

I released a patch. Please update to the latest version following the instructions in the README file https://github.com/anselal/antminer-monitor/blob/master/README.md

Please be so kind and let me know if this fixed your issue
ralf007at

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 01:27:02 PM

thank you - that worked!

BR Ralf
anselal (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 01:30:22 PM

thank you - that worked!

BR Ralf

I am glad it worked out for you
citronick
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 12:41:25 AM

This is an interesting project.

Would adding a "search miner" and report writer function makes sense too?

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
anselal (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 01:30:18 PM

Thank you very much. Searching will be part in the next releases. What exactly do you want the report to include? Please open an issue on Github if you like so.
citronick
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 01:47:23 PM

Thank you very much. Searching will be part in the next releases. What exactly do you want the report to include? Please open an issue on Github if you like so.

Thanks for adding search function.

Example:
Search by worker name, pool name, miner type
>> output, IP address, Miner type/username/poolname/password/other details
Option to output to txt file.
The search function can double up as the Report writer - output to screen or text/log file.

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
anselal (OP)

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 10:29:21 AM

Thank you for shearing the softwear with us but I will like to ask how to go about it as a beginner couse I am very much intrested. And I wan to thank you once again for giving us the platform ti invest the little we can to earn more

Thank you for using my software. The README file should cover all of your questions regarding installation and stuff https://github.com/anselal/antminer-monitor/blob/master/README.md
phrostb

Activity: 24

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 07:06:00 PM
Last edit: May 09, 2018, 04:25:29 AM by frodocooper

i can't figure out how to run it.. tried python3 and python2 (made sure to install to path)

Code:
C:\monitor>$ python manager.py runserver
'$' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

C:\monitor>python manager.py runserver
'python' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

C:\monitor>manager.py runserver
  File "C:\monitor\manager.py", line 1, in <module>
    from app import manager
  File "C:\monitor\app\__init__.py", line 1, in <module>
    from flask import Flask
ImportError: No module named flask

C:\monitor>

Moderator's note: This post was edited by frodocooper to add code tags.
anselal (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 06:55:58 AM
Last edit: May 10, 2018, 05:49:58 AM by frodocooper

i can't figure out how to run it.. tried python3 and python2 (made sure to install to path)

[...]

Hi there,

you didn't follow the instructions. First you will have to install all the requirements with `python -m pip install -r requirements` and then start the app. The trailing dollar sign ($) is unnecessary.
Please read carefully the instructions at https://github.com/anselal/antminer-monitor/blob/master/README.md

Moderator's note: This post was edited by frodocooper to trim the quote from phrostb.
phrostb

Activity: 24

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 01:41:05 PM
Last edit: May 10, 2018, 05:50:51 AM by frodocooper

Hi there,

you didn't follow the instructions. First you will have to install all the requirements with `python -m pip install -r requirements` and then start the app. The trailing dollar sign ($) is unnecessary.
Please read carefully the instructions at https://github.com/anselal/antminer-monitor/blob/master/README.md

looks like i missed it hiding under this line

This step apply only to Mac users. If you are a Windows or Linux user continue to step 5.

it's working fine now, thanks for the tip. is there a way to hide the high temperature warning?

Moderator's note: This post was edited by frodocooper to remove a nested quote.
anselal (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 05:31:32 AM

If you are familiar with programming you can check the code at the projects page. The code is pretty straight forward.

Look at this line https://github.com/anselal/antminer-monitor/blob/498edf9265ae129bd2d038ed3ce88d01d1a3f269/app/views/antminer.py#L122
Guinsanity

Activity: 71
Merit: 17

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 05:08:17 PM

Im using this, best so far

Do you plan to add DragonT1s to the asics suported?
anselal (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 06:54:01 PM

Hi there. We are planning to add support for DragonMints but it will take some time. We need support from users who own those.
Guinsanity

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 09:50:20 PM
Last edit: August 08, 2018, 11:52:33 PM by frodocooper

Im using in my little farm (101 asics) and no problems, I can copy the data from excel and make some studies of temps and hashrates x time.

https://imgur.com/a/JhcFmRt
anselal (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 09:59:56 PM
Last edit: June 09, 2018, 12:43:53 AM by frodocooper

Good day!
Are you finalizing the program? any news ? the idea itself interested me - I think it is interesting for many miners

I am still maintaining the software and try to add more features. So far the software is working great in production and can handle  a lot of mining machines
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 2539

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 06:00:02 PM

Hi there. We are planning to add support for DragonMints but it will take some time. We need support from users who own those.
You mean those who got suckered into buying T1's and were unaware of it's pool restrictions Wink
Of course you need support from your users because Halong Mining could care less about providing any sort of support for developers, pool operators, or users. As an aside, AFAIK the T1 does not support any sort of SSH so all coms must use the API.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
anselal (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 07:05:39 PM
Last edit: June 12, 2018, 01:49:50 AM by frodocooper

You mean those who got suckered into buying T1's and were unaware of it's pool restrictions Wink
Of course you need support from your users because Halong Mining could care less about providing any sort of support for developers, pool operators, or users. As an aside, AFAIK the T1 does not support any sort of SSH so all coms must use the API.

I managed to connect to the API and retrieve some data. A friend gave me access to his miners. Maybe in the next release we will add support for them.

What do you mean with pool restrictions?
Guinsanity

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 07:32:11 PM
Last edit: June 14, 2018, 12:55:49 AM by frodocooper

I managed to connect to the API and retrieve some data. A friend gave me access to his miners. Maybe in the next release we will add support for them.

What do you mean with pool restrictions?

T1s only works in a couple of pools (that supports AsicBoost).
anselal (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 06:16:25 AM
Last edit: June 15, 2018, 12:47:08 AM by frodocooper

T1s only works in a couple of pools (that supports AsicBoost).

Didn't know that. They work fine with slushpool though
ralf007at

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 06:16:08 AM
Last edit: June 28, 2018, 09:19:01 AM by frodocooper

Hi Anselal,

i have the following problem: any ideas?? BR Ralf

Code:
KeyError
KeyError: 'GHS 5s'

File "C:\Python27\app\views\antminer.py", line 82, in miners
ghs5s = float(str(miner_stats['STATS'][1]['GHS 5s']))
anselal (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 06:30:33 AM
Last edit: June 28, 2018, 09:19:35 AM by frodocooper

Hi Anselal,

i have the following problem: any ideas?? BR Ralf

[...]

Hi there,

1) does the error go away if you refresh the page ?
2) Did this error occur after you added a new miner ?
ralf007at

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 05:26:34 AM

Hi there,

sorry for my late reply - was sick...

yes - the error stays also after refreshing - no actually the error appears after i removed some physical miners before i delete them...

BR Ralf
anselal (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 05:31:42 AM

Hi there,

sorry for my late reply - was sick...

yes - the error stays also after refreshing - no actually the error appears after i removed some physical miners before i delete them...

BR Ralf

The software queries for the miners you have added and if an IP does not respond then the miner will be added to list of in-active miners.
I suspect that after you physically removed the miner another device got the same ip, which is not a miner so the app crashed because it tries to communicate with the miner's API.

Please check if this is the case and make sure that no other device has the IP your miner had.
Normally you should first delete the device from the application and then unplug it.

If the problem continues you can delete the database and add the miners again.

Let me know if that helped
ralf007at

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 06:31:05 AM

i deleted the database and get:
sqlalchemy.exc.OperationalError

BR Ralf
anselal (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 06:32:31 AM

i deleted the database and get:
sqlalchemy.exc.OperationalError

BR Ralf

Sorry, I forgot to mention that yo must recreate the database using the command: `python create_db.py` if you are on an older version.
ralf007at

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 07:06:21 AM

thank you - that helped!

BR Ralf
btc2017btc2017

Activity: 176

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 08:31:59 PM

Hi, how do I add miners that are located at a different location, eg

ExternalServerIP:10001
ExternalServerIP:10002
etc

The ports 10001, 10002 etc goes to port 80 on the miners

I've successfully added the Z9 Mini, but how do I go about adding Innosilicon, what files do I need to modify?
btc2017btc2017

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 08:43:13 PM

Ok, so it looks like the API port is 4028.

My problem is that I can open up port 4028 for forwarding to only one device. Is there a way to do this for multiple miners or will I need to modify the python script to used different ports and then use port forwarding on the router to point back to 4028

eg port 20001 goes to the 1st miner on port 4028
port 20001 goes to the 2nd miner on port 4028
anselal (OP)

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 08:58:41 PM

Ok, so it looks like the API port is 4028.

My problem is that I can open up port 4028 for forwarding to only one device. Is there a way to do this for multiple miners or will I need to modify the python script to used different ports and then use port forwarding on the router to point back to 4028

eg port 20001 goes to the 1st miner on port 4028
port 20001 goes to the 2nd miner on port 4028

The software is supposed to run on tbe same network as tbe miners. It cant run outside the network of the miners.
You must install it on a machine behind your router and expose only the software's port if you want to access it this way
btc2017btc2017

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 11:17:56 AM

Would this help?

https://halongmining.com/api/
https://github.com/brndnmtthws/dragon-rest

cu.orq

Activity: 1

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 05:57:49 PM
Last edit: August 18, 2018, 01:14:50 AM by frodocooper

Hi anselal, congratz for this software its really easy to use and it works perfect for my miners. However I want to now how to change the red alert of the miners, I have one T9 12,5 THs and another one of 10,5 and it appears always en red, cause the program see them like the same tipe of machine even when they have diferentes values of hashing.

Another questione is where in the code I can see the temperature values of the miners to change it, b´cause is always in red in some miners but they are OK

regards
cu.orq
Guinsanity

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 03:19:49 PM

Im having this error when i add 80+ machines, the sw are working good then i update and havig this bug, i back for de 0.3 version and the problem persists.

Code:
builtins.KeyError

File "C:\Users\Guilherme\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37-32\lib\site-packages\flask\app.py", line 1997, in __call__
return self.wsgi_app(environ, start_response)
File "C:\Users\Guilherme\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37-32\lib\site-packages\flask\app.py", line 1985, in wsgi_app
File "C:\Users\Guilherme\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37-32\lib\site-packages\flask\app.py", line 1540, in handle_exception
File "C:\Users\Guilherme\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37-32\lib\site-packages\flask\_compat.py", line 33, in reraise
raise value
File "C:\Users\Guilherme\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37-32\lib\site-packages\flask\app.py", line 1982, in wsgi_app
File "C:\Users\Guilherme\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37-32\lib\site-packages\flask\app.py", line 1614, in full_dispatch_request
File "C:\Users\Guilherme\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37-32\lib\site-packages\flask\app.py", line 1517, in handle_user_exception
File "C:\Users\Guilherme\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37-32\lib\site-packages\flask\_compat.py", line 33, in reraise
raise value
File "C:\Users\Guilherme\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37-32\lib\site-packages\flask\app.py", line 1612, in full_dispatch_request
File "C:\Users\Guilherme\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37-32\lib\site-packages\flask\app.py", line 1598, in dispatch_request
File "G:\antminer-monitor-master\app\views\antminer.py", line 84, in miners
ghs5s = float(str(miner_stats['STATS'][1]['GHS 5s']))
The debugger caught an exception in your WSGI application. You can now look at the traceback which led to the error.
To switch between the interactive traceback and the plaintext one, you can click on the "Traceback" headline. From the text traceback you can also create a paste of it. For code execution mouse-over the frame you want to debug and click on the console icon on the right side.

You can execute arbitrary Python code in the stack frames and there are some extra helpers available for introspection:

dump() shows all variables in the frame
dump(obj) dumps all that's known about the object
anselal (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 06:15:22 PM
Last edit: September 14, 2018, 12:01:57 AM by frodocooper

Im having this error when i add 80+ machines, the sw are working good then i update and havig this bug, i back for de 0.3 version and the problem persists.

[...]

Check out the issues at https://github.com/anselal/antminer-monitor/issues?utf8=✓&q=Keyerror
Guinsanity

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 01:50:54 PM
Last edit: September 14, 2018, 11:46:24 PM by frodocooper

I try settimeout 2s, 5s and 60s and still same problem.
I edited with IDLE and save only, i dunno if i have to do something else or reinstall.
anselal (OP)

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 02:24:24 PM
Last edit: September 14, 2018, 11:46:44 PM by frodocooper

I try settimeout 2s, 5s and 60s and still same problem.
I edited with IDLE and save only, i dunno if i have to do something else or reinstall.

Try to restart the app. I think this is communication error. The only thing I can do is to add a default value of 0 in case of a key error but the thing is that i cannot reproduce it to fix it.
Let me know if the restart fixed and we will see how we proceed
Guinsanity

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 02:59:05 PM
Last edit: September 14, 2018, 11:47:02 PM by frodocooper

Try to restart the app. I think this is communication error. The only thing I can do is to add a default value of 0 in case of a key error but the thing is that i cannot reproduce it to fix it.
Let me know if the restart fixed and we will see how we proceed

I restarted (exited with ctr+c) and start again, nothing
Then I compile the file with powershell and replace the old pycgminer with 60 and with 5 timeout and not work
anselal (OP)

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 06:47:08 PM

Will try to fix it. I opened an issue at https://github.com/anselal/antminer-monitor/issues/124
You can comment or enable notifications for this project to get notified when i fix the bug. Besides that it is easier to keep track of issues there instead of here.
Guinsanity

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 02:04:13 PM

Will try to fix it. I opened an issue at https://github.com/anselal/antminer-monitor/issues/124
You can comment or enable notifications for this project to get notified when i fix the bug. Besides that it is easier to keep track of issues there instead of here.

Thanks man,

Im following.

The bug appears with more than 70+ asics as I verified.
anselal (OP)

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 03:58:47 PM
Last edit: September 15, 2018, 09:02:25 PM by frodocooper

The bug appears with more than 70+ asics as I verified.

On what hardware are you running the monitor ?
Guinsanity

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 02:54:18 AM
Last edit: September 18, 2018, 02:01:46 AM by frodocooper

On what hardware are you running the monitor ?

Same as i always run, a notebook Core i5 3rd, 16gb ddr4, W10
I update to the latest version then the problem occurs, try to go back to the 0.3 and same problem.
Guinsanity

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 02:03:26 PM
Last edit: September 18, 2018, 02:02:10 AM by frodocooper

@anselal

I deleted 0.3 version and download the 0.4 trying to install again and having this error

Code:
G:\antminer-monitor-master>python manage.py create_db
  File "manage.py", line 2, in <module>
    from antminermonitor.app import create_app
  File "G:\antminer-monitor-master\antminermonitor\app.py", line 3, in <module>
    from antminermonitor.blueprints.asicminer import antminer, antminer_json
  File "G:\antminer-monitor-master\antminermonitor\blueprints\asicminer\__init__.py", line 1, in <module>
    from antminermonitor.blueprints.asicminer.views.antminer import antminer
  File "G:\antminer-monitor-master\antminermonitor\blueprints\asicminer\views\antminer.py", line 7, in <module>
    from flask_login import login_required
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'flask_login'
anselal (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 03:56:50 PM
Last edit: September 18, 2018, 02:02:30 AM by frodocooper

@anselal

I deleted 0.3 version and download the 0.4 trying to install again and having this error

[...]

Thank you for the feedback. I accidentally pushed some testing code. I will fix it later today
anselal (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 05:27:01 AM
Last edit: September 18, 2018, 11:26:34 PM by frodocooper

Fixed !!
ShurikMMS

Activity: 7

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 04:36:45 PM

Hello! I'm trying to install according to the instructions. Python 2.7, the windows 10.
1) python -m pip install -r requirements.txt - successfully!
2) python manager.py create_db - gives an error:
C: \ antminer> python manager.py create_db
usage: manager.py [-?] {runserver, shell} ...
manager.py: error: invalid choice: u'create_db '(choose from' runserver ',' shell ')
I read the instructions 10 times))) But  I do not see what my problem
anselal (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 05:15:57 PM

Hello! I'm trying to install according to the instructions. Python 2.7, the windows 10.
1) python -m pip install -r requirements.txt - successfully!
2) python manager.py create_db - gives an error:
C: \ antminer> python manager.py create_db
usage: manager.py [-?] {runserver, shell} ...
manager.py: error: invalid choice: u'create_db '(choose from' runserver ',' shell ')
I read the instructions 10 times))) But  I do not see what my problem

Hi. I think you are looking at an older version. Please download the latest from https://github.com/anselal/antminer-monitor/archive/master.zip and read the instructions from https://github.com/anselal/antminer-monitor/blob/master/README.md
ShurikMMS

Activity: 7

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 04:19:17 AM

Thank you! All OK. However, now I need to work hard to manually add many asics Grin
anselal (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 05:35:10 AM

Thank you! All OK. However, now I need to work hard to manually add many asics Grin

Will add batch add probably this week. Please stay tuned and follow us on twitter for updates
anselal (OP)

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 01:57:27 PM
Last edit: November 05, 2018, 11:51:50 PM by frodocooper
Merited by frodocooper (2)

Hello, Thank you for your software! I have a little problem, most of the time my miners shows in In-active miners with "Error: Check connection or IP Address". And I have to refresh the page manually myself several times and after that everything shows as it suppose to be. But after couple auto refresh cycles the miners again in In-active miners. It happens randomly sometimes they in active, sometimes in In-active. What should I do?

Hi there, this is probably due to a delayed connection to your miners, most of the times this is due your network topology and/or setup. You can try to increase the socket timeout by editing the code in the file pycgminer.py
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 6374

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
December 20, 2018, 04:30:26 AM
Last edit: December 21, 2018, 12:10:56 AM by frodocooper
Merited by frodocooper (3)

Hey OP , thanks for the app , it's light and  handy.  would be great if you add a restart function  Roll Eyes

and btw there are a few typos in your readme that probably will stop many from installing your software as not everyone will be able to go through the py file to check for the spelling.

Code:
python manage.py create_db

should be replaced with

Code:
python manage.py create-db

Code:
python manage.py create_admin

should be replaced with

Code:
python manage.py create-admin

i think you should also mention that it's not compatible with python 2.7 on windows. works with previous and later versions ( on windows ) based on my test.

Good luck and thanks.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
anselal (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2018, 08:38:39 AM
Merited by fillippone (2)

Hi there,

There is a recent issue on Github about that problem. The thing is that I cannot reproduce the error because on my machines it works with underscores.
I can update the README and add a troubleshooting section mentioning this kind of things. Thanks for the heads up !!!

And as always, donations are welcome.
messjuk

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 08:41:10 PM
Last edit: January 04, 2019, 12:09:58 AM by frodocooper

Hello. And happy new year to you. I have just install your soft of Antminer monitoring. But I have problem.. I login intro web page by local host:5000 and when I wrote ip of miner then next line is: mode select the option.. and there is nothing.. no any options I can’t see any list so I can’t chose any of model and I can’t add any of my miner.. can you please help. Thanks

Oh I just update the dB and now all is fine. But how I can add auto miner detect? Also all my miners is in all local are but all they have different wi if router so they have different ip range some have 192.169.88.... some 192.168.0.... and some 192.168.31.... so some miners can’t be added on the monitoring. How it can be fixed without modifying the network settings of local area. Thanks
mikeywith
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 11:09:22 PM
Last edit: January 08, 2019, 12:26:07 AM by mikeywith

Also all my miners is in all local are but all they have different wi if router so they have different ip range some have 192.169.88.... some 192.168.0.... and some 192.168.31.... so some miners can’t be added on the monitoring. How it can be fixed without modifying the network settings of local area. Thanks

this a network problem , how do you expect the software to solve it?

you have different subnets( regions), the PC you using has a different gateway from the miner's gateway, it will drop the packet immediately. this is like sending expecting a dog to talk to a fish, it doesn't work.

PC on subnet 1 can add all asics on subnet 1
PC on subnet 1 can NOT add asics on subnet 2/3/4

you probably have a switch of layer 2 and not a router, it's commercially called a router but if it does not transmit packets between different subnets then it's simply a switch.

in order to do whatever you want to do, you will need some networking skills, you need to have all of your subnet under a single VLAN, you need to teach your router how to route packets coming and going among different subnets, this will require some work and a device that is capable of doing so, and if not done perfectly the congestion on your network will be ATH.

the easier way to go about this is to have only 1 router that acts as a router, and the other "routers" must act as a bridge only, 1 router will handle all the traffics, even if your devices were thousands miles apart, as long as they are under the same subnet you will not have to do anything advance to have them all accessed from a single host.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Artemis3
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1563

CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2019, 07:16:10 PM
Last edit: January 09, 2019, 12:30:23 AM by frodocooper
Merited by frodocooper (1)

Oh I just update the dB and now all is fine. But how I can add auto miner detect? Also all my miners is in all local are but all they have different wi if router so they have different ip range some have 192.169.88.... some 192.168.0.... and some 192.168.31.... so some miners can’t be added on the monitoring. How it can be fixed without modifying the network settings of local area. Thanks

The 192.169 sounds strange, but in case you meant 192.168.* ALL you have to do is change your network mask from 255.255.255.0 to 255.255.0.0

██████
███████
███████
████████
BRAIINS OS+|AUTOTUNING
MINING FIRMWARE
|
Increase hashrate on your Bitcoin ASICs,
improve efficiency as much as 25%, and
get 0% pool fees on Braiins Pool
messjuk

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 10:04:37 AM

Hi all. Is there any possible to made auto restart from this monitoring? I mean if some of miner have problem with plates for example some of xxx, or low hash rate, can this monitoring made restart of this miner? Thanks
mikeywith
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 08:29:34 PM
Last edit: January 10, 2019, 09:20:11 AM by frodocooper
Merited by frodocooper (2)

The 192.169 sounds strange, but in case you meant 192.168.* ALL you have to do is change your network mask from 255.255.255.0 to 255.255.0.0

why use a class B that can accommodate 65000 hosts when you only need a few ips ? this is a very lazy workaround, putting a small subnets into a large subnet is not the best thing to do, he is better of using a single router and a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Artemis3
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1563

CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2019, 09:55:54 PM
Last edit: January 10, 2019, 09:21:23 AM by frodocooper

why use a class B that can accommodate 65000 hosts when you only need a few ips ? this is a very lazy workaround, putting a small subnets into a large subnet is not the best thing to do, he is better of using a single router and a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0

Why not?

It really doesn't matter, if they want to organize it better with it or something. They are private IPs, you are wasting nothing if you'd rather use a class A because 10.1.5.11 might mean area 1, isle 5, computer 11 or something like that.

██████
███████
███████
████████
BRAIINS OS+|AUTOTUNING
MINING FIRMWARE
|
Increase hashrate on your Bitcoin ASICs,
improve efficiency as much as 25%, and
get 0% pool fees on Braiins Pool
mikeywith
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 06:45:35 PM
Last edit: January 10, 2019, 11:35:28 PM by frodocooper

first of all i would imagine the guy does not have managed switch, depending on the "routers" he has, using a class B might slow down the network.

using your example

let's assume 10 = country 1 = state = 5 = city  11 = house

using a class B means every packet has to broadcast to

city> house

this increases traffic and creates longer routing tables.

using a class C means every packet has to be broadcast to

> house only.

going from city to home is not as bad as i might have described  it, it could be too "irrelevant" to consider, I have seen many networks drop in performance after migrating from class C to class B without a the proper setup.

these problems are solved using actual routers that are capable of VLAN flags for example, they sort of "memorize" every "home" location so they don't actually have to search through "city" for every traffic , but i am pretty certain this is not the case with the OP network.

in theory , there is nothing wrong with using a whole school bus to send 1 kid to school, it will still get him there, the better question is "why" not "why not".

your suggestion is in fact a brilliant one for a quick-work around , but it's just not the best , given the fact that he can simply switch from
router<>router<>router > large subnet
to bridge>router>bridge > small subnet.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
JFoxOne

Activity: 640
Merit: 56

minerstat

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2019, 09:17:35 AM

...all my miners is in all local are but all they have different wi if router so they have different ip range some have 192.169.88.... some 192.168.0.... and some 192.168.31....

If you have hard time locating ASICs on your network you can try with Locator.

You don't have to be minerstat user to use Locator. It is free to use for everyone.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: