Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 11:29:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why QQ?  (Read 10954 times)
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 09:37:14 PM

My purpose here is not to convince you or wrenchmonkey or any of the other BFL fanbois to change your stripes. That cannot be done. My purpose here is to provide a counterpoint to your reckless optimism and willful ignorance.

That's funny, because your sexual-fetish-level fanaticism was here on the forum WELL before either of us got here. So who's providing a 'counterpoint' to whom, exactly? Your type are a dime-a-dozen on this forum, guy. You're all predictable, all fanatics, and all using the same tired talking points. Roll Eyes
There are certainly dozens of people who are very upset with BFL while their determined supporters can be counted on a single hand.
I just happen to have the patience to debunk your crap ad infinitum.

I have a dog in this & would LOVE to express my feelings/presumptions/speculations....................but I'm not losing my day 1 preorder over it  Angry

BAM! Market forces at work!  Grin

Wrenchmonkey reading comprehension at work again. That is Josh instilling the fear of BFL order cancellation in people. Unacceptable does not want to be punished like Xian was. He is rightfully afraid to speak to speak his mind for fear of BFL retaliating. Until Xian resolves the legal dispute, people with early orders are wise to keep silent, or at least complain via an alias.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 09:38:56 PM

My purpose here is not to convince you or wrenchmonkey or any of the other BFL fanbois to change your stripes. That cannot be done. My purpose here is to provide a counterpoint to your reckless optimism and willful ignorance.

That's funny, because your sexual-fetish-level fanaticism was here on the forum WELL before either of us got here. So who's providing a 'counterpoint' to whom, exactly? Your type are a dime-a-dozen on this forum, guy. You're all predictable, all fanatics, and all using the same tired talking points. Roll Eyes
There are certainly dozens of people who are very upset with BFL while their determined supporters can be counted on a single hand.
I just happen to have the patience to debunk your crap ad infinitum.

I have a dog in this & would LOVE to express my feelings/presumptions/speculations....................but I'm not losing my day 1 preorder over it  Angry

BAM! Market forces at work!  Grin

Wrenchmonkey reading comprehension at work again. That is Josh instilling the fear of BFL order cancellation in people. Unacceptable does not want to be punished like Xian was. He is rightfully afraid to speak to speak his mind for fear of BFL retaliating. Until Xian resolves the legal dispute, people with early orders are wise to keep silent, or at least complain via an alias.

Thank you K9  Wink

Read my sig.............................................

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
wrenchmonkey

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 09:49:05 PM

Yeah,"market forces"................forces me to look elsewhere for my ASIC needs  Roll Eyes

Ahh yes, the bipolarism of the BFL customer scorned. All talk, no walk. If you've got 'elsewhere' to get your ASIC needs met, go for it. I call bullshit. Why would you be so hell-bent on keeping your BFL order if you had somebody else to meet your needs?

Unacceptable does not want to be punished like Xian was. He is rightfully afraid to speak to speak his mind for fear of BFL retaliating. Until Xian resolves the legal dispute, people with early orders are wise to keep silent, or at least complain via an alias.

"Retaliating"? Oh my! But HOW praytell? Are they gonna come beat him up? Nooooo. Are they gonna cut off the head of his prized horse and leave it in his bed? Noooo.

How are they gonna "retaliate"? Maybe, cancel an order that he and the rest of the market REALLY, REALLY, REALLY want? Bingo! If it were just a matter of them canceling an order, and him going someplace else, it wouldn't be much incentive to prevent him badmouthing a company. So CLEARLY the market really fucking wants these things, right? Right.

Market forces at work. Further demonstrating that you're not going to convince people to demand refunds en masse. Nor will those people demanding refunds have any meaningful bearing on BFL's order queue. Because for every potential day 1 order spot that gets opened up, there are 10 people ready and willing to jump on it. If another company comes along with ability to deliver faster, at a competitive price, people will no longer cling to their pre-orders, and will go elsewhere.

Market forces, son, market forces. Not rocket science.

And with that, I do believe this ass belongs to you. Let me just hand that back to ya.

Wink

Block Erupter Overclocking 447 M/Hash, .006 (discounts if done in quantity) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300206.msg3218480#msg3218480

Buy and sell mining shares (Bitfury). https://cex.io/r/1/wrenchmonkey/0/
Unacceptable
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 09:57:46 PM

Yeah,"market forces"................forces me to look elsewhere for my ASIC needs  Roll Eyes

Ahh yes, the bipolarism of the BFL customer scorned. All talk, no walk. If you've got 'elsewhere' to get your ASIC needs met, go for it. I call bullshit. Why would you be so hell-bent on keeping your BFL order if you had somebody else to meet your needs?

Unacceptable does not want to be punished like Xian was. He is rightfully afraid to speak to speak his mind for fear of BFL retaliating. Until Xian resolves the legal dispute, people with early orders are wise to keep silent, or at least complain via an alias.

"Retaliating"? Oh my! But HOW praytell? Are they gonna come beat him up? Nooooo. Are they gonna cut off the head of his prized horse and leave it in his bed? Noooo.

How are they gonna "retaliate"? Maybe, cancel an order that he and the rest of the market REALLY, REALLY, REALLY want? Bingo! If it were just a matter of them canceling an order, and him going someplace else, it wouldn't be much incentive to prevent him badmouthing a company. So CLEARLY the market really fucking wants these things, right? Right.

Market forces at work. Further demonstrating that you're not going to convince people to demand refunds en masse. Nor will those people demanding refunds have any meaningful bearing on BFL's order queue. Because for every potential day 1 order spot that gets opened up, there are 10 people ready and willing to jump on it. If another company comes along with ability to deliver faster, at a competitive price, people will no longer cling to their pre-orders, and will go elsewhere.

And with that, I do believe this ass belongs to you. Let me just hand that back to ya.

Wink

I'm not going get 30GH for $650 anywhere else,for a long time yet anyhow...................I've waited this long,another few weeks or a month ain't much,at least as far the updates are saying  Roll Eyes

No one,no one has anything ready now,that is within my pricerange at least,so I'll just keep quiet & wait  Roll Eyes

Trust me,if I had ordered as late as october,I would have asked for a refund already  Tongue

I have gone "elsewhere"  Grin

The floor is yours  Roll Eyes

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
wrenchmonkey

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 10:08:46 PM

Yeah,"market forces"................forces me to look elsewhere for my ASIC needs  Roll Eyes

Wink

I'm not going get 30GH for $650 anywhere else,for a long time yet anyhow...................I've waited this long,another few weeks or a month ain't much,at least as far the updates are saying  Roll Eyes

No one,no one has anything ready now,that is within my pricerange at least,so I'll just keep quiet & wait  Roll Eyes

Trust me,if I had ordered as late as october,I would have asked for a refund already  Tongue

You just reiterated my entire point. The market demand and your own rational self-interest is what is driving your decisions. Not some asshat with zero vested interest, standing on a soap box.

I don't get how you get angry when I point this out, and then confirm that these are EXACTLY the reasons for your behavior. Nobody else is selling. BFL, for now, owns the market. That may change soon enough, but in the mean time, market forces are exactly what are driving your (and any other rational human being's) behavior. No reason to take offense to that.

Block Erupter Overclocking 447 M/Hash, .006 (discounts if done in quantity) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300206.msg3218480#msg3218480

k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 10:17:16 PM

Yeah,"market forces"................forces me to look elsewhere for my ASIC needs  Roll Eyes

Wrenchmonkey rage incoming. Wrecked by Unacceptable and wrenchmonkey turns on him like a rabid squirrel.

They would do to him what they did to Xian.

He has waited 11 months, he doesn't want all patience that to turn into an interest free loan to BFL.

IMO, day 1 customers should sell to the greater fool if they can. Then re-invest in Avalon or KNCMiner. Who knows when the supply of fools will run out?
Bad news from BFL or good news from KNCMiner could flush that "market" down the toilet.
Day 1 orders of mini-rigs or singles should not complain lest BFL turn their patience into an interest free loan and a potential lawsuit against an empty shell of a company.

What about day 90 orders? or day 180 orders? or day 270 orders? What is the value of an BFL order from April on the open market? Probably zilch.

Wink
FYI, that isn't my ass you are trying to hand to me, it is the ass you have been talking out of since you arrived. I will be happy to dispose of it for you. However, Josh might miss it next time he wants to take a crap.

Unacceptable
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 10:20:34 PM

Wink

You just reiterated my entire point. The market demand and your own rational self-interest is what is driving your decisions. Not some asshat with zero vested interest, standing on a soap box.

I don't get how you get angry when I point this out, and then confirm that these are EXACTLY the reasons for your behavior. Nobody else is selling. BFL, for now, owns the market. That may change soon enough, but in the mean time, market forces are exactly what are driving your (and any other rational human being's) behavior. No reason to take offense to that.

Who's angry  Huh  Just stating my current situation..................so you & others can see where I'm coming from.

dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 10:31:02 PM

Every post you make further solidifies, in my mind, how much of an idiot you are.  The lesser part of me secretly hopes BFL fails and that you and a select few are the ones left holding the bag. However,  I'd be equally satisfied if you end up so embarrassed with yourself that you disappear and the rest of us are never tasked with reading your bullshit again.

I'm adding you to my ignore list, which should have been done long ago.
wrenchmonkey

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 10:32:01 PM

They would do to him what they did to Xian.

Which was to refund his money AGAINST HIS WILL! Even a loudmouth complainer troll had to be dragged out kicking and screaming from his order! Get it?

He has waited 11 months, he doesn't want all patience that to turn into an interest free loan to BFL.

So it's all about spite now at this point, is it? He's no longer operating in his own self-interest, he just wants to stick it to BFL...?  Roll Eyes

If that were really the case, he'd just sell his pre-order for 2-4 times what he paid for it, and be done with it. Why is it that your opinions rarely match up with reality?

IMO, day 1 customers should sell to the greater fool if they can. Then re-invest in Avalon or KNCMiner. Who knows when the supply of fools will run out?
Bad news from BFL or good news from KNCMiner could flush that "market" down the toilet.
Day 1 orders of mini-rigs or singles should not complain lest BFL turn their patience into an interest free loan and a potential lawsuit against an empty shell of a company.

And yet your opinion of what others should do doesn't appear to match up with the majority of customers who are making their OWN decisions as to their own self-interest. It's amazing how out of touch you can be. A select few people ARE selling their spots in line, and that's fine. They're making that decision, believing it's the best option for them at this point. But the fact that most people aren't selling (and the few that are, are commanding a handsome price) indicates a strong market confidence in BFL.

What about day 90 orders? or day 180 orders? or day 270 orders? What is the value of an BFL order from April on the open market? Probably zilch.

Who knows? The market can determine that. The right price is exactly what somebody out there is willing to pay. I have no idea what somebody's willing to pay.

I agree with you that anything since January is probably worth precious little over 'face value' on the open market at this point. But that remains totally irrelevant. Anybody who loses confidence can just as easily request a refund as sell an order at 'face value'. The current market value on those orders however pretty clearly remains higher than face value to its current owners. Otherwise they'd just get a refund.

nana nana boo boo, I know you are, but what am I?

Oooooh, what next? Are you gonna call me a doodie head?  Cheesy

wrenchmonkey

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 10:34:40 PM

Every post you make further solidifies, in my mind, how much of an idiot you are.  The lesser part of me secretly hopes BFL fails and that you and a select few are the ones left holding the bag. However,  I'd be equally satisfied if you end up so embarrassed with yourself that you disappear and the rest of us are never tasked with reading your bullshit again.

I liked how you just called names without ever debating any points of my argument. Well played sir. Run away and bury your head in the sand. Seems to be about what you're good for...

k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 10:40:59 PM

Every post you make further solidifies, in my mind, how much of an idiot you are.  The lesser part of me secretly hopes BFL fails and that you and a select few are the ones left holding the bag. However,  I'd be equally satisfied if you end up so embarrassed with yourself that you disappear and the rest of us are never tasked with reading your bullshit again.

I liked how you just called names without ever debating any points of my argument. Well played sir. Run away and bury your head in the sand. Seems to be all you're good for...

He can still see my posts. But since I am quoting you, for how much longer I cannot say.
Everyone knows that a few early BFL orders can be converted into more money than they were bought for. Greater fools abound on these forums (I use you as exhibit A). But later orders are worthless. If KNCMiner or Avalon delivers, the secondary market for BFL will evaporate.

Asking for a refund just guarantees you get screwed by BFL. Holding on to a day 1 BFL order until KNCMiner & Avalon deliver (or BFL delivers) is just people trying to salvage a little bit out of 11 months of fail.

Unacceptable
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 10:48:19 PM

Putting my day 1 preorder "up for auction" is NOT an option...............

IF BFL fails to deliver,I AM RESPONSIBLE for paying back that person,not BFL..................I would not jeopardize my principles for money.

Yet,I am greedy enough to hold out hope that BFL will deliver my unit  Cheesy

End of line...................................................................

dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 10:48:33 PM

What change of subject? I've been trying every possible way to express to you that I'm no longer discussing the days-old topic with you because you proved yourself incapable of remaining in the hypothetical bounds of the discussion put there specifically to stay in rational terms.

FYI, from my end k9's assertions are correct.  You've deflected any points k9's made that bolster his argument and decimate yours.  All I see is you randomly changing the topic and then regurgitating the same sentiment of "no longer discussing days-old topics".  Seems to me the topic is "days-old" because you keep deflecting and dragging it out instead of resolving, or coming to terms, with the issues.

The bASIC drama sounded like it was pretty bad.  How many bASIC units were ever sent out to actual customers?

They got exactly 0 ASICS.  Which is, at the time it all occurred, the same number of ASICs that were delivered by BFL, or anyone for that matter.  The key difference is that Tom of bASIC tried to maintain complete transparency, so when things started to turn sour, it was very apparent that it was occurring.  BFL's underhanded tactics on the other hand have muddied the waters so thoroughly no one has any idea which was is up. They had both shipped many FPGA units, and I'd consider the thought that even at that, Tom was more successful at this attempt with FPGAs than BFL was.

The bottom line is you haven't been around long enough to know all this and have a feel for how each vendor operates.  I have BFL FPGA's, I haven't spent a single satoshi on BFL since.  I haven't even "upgraded".  Why? Because BFL couldn't be trusted then and it can't be trusted now.  Wasn't the last statement from BFL that units from all line ups supposed to be shipping last week? Where are they?  Oh that's right, the shipped some jalepenos and started offering bulk chip sales.

In terms of who's funding BFL that's a good question.  The only thing I know is that a (shill?) blog posted that someone on the inside told him that pre-order funds are secured.  Now, I may not have anything to go on other than speculation, founded in fact or otherwise, but logically I can't see how BFL is still operating unless the bulk is managed under a "non-profit" manner, or the pre-order funds being secured is a fallacy.   Either they've got background cash in play, or they're quickly becoming insolvent.  I agree with Puerto's thesis that a controlled refund wave would benefit BFL, and a non-controlled would spell disaster.

wrenchmonkey

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 11:04:12 PM

IF BFL fails to deliver,I AM RESPONSIBLE for paying back that person,not BFL..................I would not jeopardize my principles for money.

Yet,I am greedy enough to hold out hope that BFL will deliver my unit  Cheesy

Fair enough, if you don't want to assume the responsibility, that's understandable. One more example of a reason why people aren't doing what our omniscient, resident-know-it-all, K9, reckons you should... Just in case you missed it, HE was the one telling you what you should do with your money/preorders, not me.  Wink

Your next paragraph serves to reinforce my other point. You believe that you stand to gain financially by waiting. So it's not, as K9 asserts, just an attempt to 'stick it to BFL', and make sure they "don't get an interest-free loan," as he puts it.

k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 11:21:09 PM

Fair enough, if you don't want to assume the responsibility, that's understandable. One more example of a reason why people aren't doing what our omniscient, resident-know-it-all, K9, reckons you should... Just in case you missed it, HE was the one telling you what you should do with your money/preorders, not me.  Wink

Your next paragraph serves to reinforce my other point. You believe that you stand to gain financially by waiting. So it's not, as K9 asserts, just an attempt to 'stick it to BFL', and make sure they "don't get an interest-free loan," as he puts it.

Everyone has already admitted that people with a day 1 order of BFL equipment can still find a greater fool to sell it to. You don't need to belabor that point.
And no, I don't want to see people who were promised product 7 months ago get Xian'ed.

Sociopaths such as your self will not see the wrong in a bait and switch scheme, so I won't waste my breath explaining it to you. But promising someone a delivery and then reneging on that promise just because the delivery costs too much or you don't like the person anymore is breach of contract and that is something you will eventually understand as the courts explain it to BFL and they dock your paycheck.

Unacceptable
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 11:28:58 PM

Everyone has already admitted that people with a day 1 order of BFL equipment can still find a greater fool to sell it to. You don't need to belabor that point.
And no, I don't want to see people who were promised product 7 months ago get Xian'ed.

Sociopaths such as your self will not see the wrong in a bait and switch scheme, so I won't waste my breath explaining it to you. But promising someone a delivery and then reneging on that promise just because the delivery costs too much or you don't like the person anymore is breach of contract and that is something you will eventually understand as the courts explain it to BFL and they dock your paycheck.

K9,I read these forums MANY times a day & know all about you & others & know where you stand man.It's all good bro  Wink

My "point of view" will keep till later  Wink

k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 11:33:27 PM

K9,I read these forums MANY times a day & know all about you & others & know where you stand man.It's all good bro  Wink

My "point of view" will keep till later  Wink

Fair enough.  Wink

wrenchmonkey

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 11:36:09 PM

Reading comprehension fail again? Hardly shocking... That's exactly the OPPOSITE of what I was saying. YOU'RE the one suggesting that he needs to sell it off. He intends to make money by either USING it (probably) or selling it once he has it in hand. No "greater fool" crap involved.

Neither do I. I only want to see Xians get xian'd. He only got Xian'ed, because he chose to go around defaming the company, and picking fights with its officers. Plenty of people have made public complaints about BFL without getting 'Xian'ed'. Why? Because there's a difference between complaining, and setting out with a vendetta, on a personal mission to damage a company you hope to do business with. As I've explained to you before, most state consumer protection rules actually REQUIRE the issuance of a refund after a certain amount of time, unless both the seller and the buyer agree to an extension. Which would explain why they had everybody agree to the new terms and conditions on their website.

Same tired and played out pattern of ad hominem attacks, appeals to motives, and accusations of being a shill.

Do you just have a list that you copy/paste your posts from? They're all the same, guy. Get some new material!

k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 11:48:19 PM

Do you just have a list that you copy/paste your posts from? They're all the same, guy. Get some new material!

Oh, the irony.

You only show up in threads where BFL faces an existential crisis. The Xian lawsuit thread, the BFL chip sale (or complete lack thereof I should say), this thread which threatened BFL with a wave of refunds. Wherever there is bad press for BFL, you swoop in and derail the threads with the same tired shilling.

I know you don't truly believe that refund requests would help BFL. If you did then you would encourage the refunds instead of fighting so desperately against them.  Grin

PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 12:41:52 AM
Last edit: June 09, 2013, 12:56:47 AM by PuertoLibre

There is more to fear from having your ass-ets frozen.

Cheesy Wink

Courtesy of: https://forums.butterflylabs.com/dbtgallery.php?do=view_image&id=1138&gal=usergallery

Courtesy of: https://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/polrpaul/186-whats-what.html
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: