Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 08:26:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why QQ?  (Read 10954 times)
wrenchmonkey

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 01:00:42 AM
Last edit: June 09, 2013, 01:32:18 AM by wrenchmonkey

Do you just have a list that you copy/paste your posts from? They're all the same, guy. Get some new material!

Oh, the irony.

You only show up in threads where BFL faces an existential crisis. The Xian lawsuit thread, the BFL chip sale (or complete lack thereof I should say), this thread which threatened BFL with a wave of refunds. Wherever there is bad press for BFL, you swoop in and derail the threads with the same tired shilling.

I know you don't truly believe that refund requests would help BFL. If you did then you would encourage the refunds instead of fighting so desperately against them.  Grin
Wait. Are you talking about those same threads that YOU keep showing up in?  Cheesy

I show up in a lot of threads.

I show up in threads stating that I wouldn't order any BFL products until I saw some in the wild.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=177565.msg1849501#msg1849501

I show up in Avalon chip threads, and order chips.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=192916.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=177994.msg1956955#msg1956955

I show up in threads that are asking for help with hardware.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=200306.msg2101376#msg2101376
And claim a bounty by resolving a network issue
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=213956.msg2264504#msg2264504

I show up in board development threads and discuss the development of host boards for avalon chips, and prospectively others.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=189976.40
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=190731.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=179769.0

I buy and donate small token amounts of hardware for/to developers, to help them in their development, of AVALON BASED products.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=190731.msg2322130#msg2322130

And I show up in BFL chip threads and say that I don't see any good reason why somebody would jump ship from Avalon, unless the BFL price gets a whole lot better than their current offerings.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=222983.msg2359221#msg2359221

And I show up in BFL troll threads and destroy the trolls' absurd 'logic' with ideas that are driven by an interest in the topic, rather than a fetish obsession with BFL and Josh, wherein I make reasonable concessions about BFL's mishandling of their development/launch, while at the same time holding people accountable for their own baseless assertions and conjecture...
QED

Hmmm, hardly a very good pattern for an allegedly 'paid shill', is it? Or maybe I'm just THAT good. Like the Jason Bourne of paid internet forum shills. I guess you'll never know! Cheesy

I cannot express to you how much I REALLY have so very little financial interest in the success of BFL. I own more than one profitable business, as well as working a full-time job in IT (because I like it, and it gives me some nice extra benefits, vacation money, and almost enough money to pay my annual tax bill, when all is said and done). I also have a wife who is also full-time employed at two different jobs in another industry, because she loves the work, and because it provides even MORE awesome benefits, and even MORE spending cash and vacation money. We like expensive toys. Wink

Bitcoin is and foreseeably always will remain little more than a hobby to me, in comparison to the rest of my income/holdings.

Honestly, a 300 fucking dollar Jalapeno is a novelty to me. My life will continue to go on with NO noticeable change, or a single tear shed for it if, for whatever reason, it doesn't show up. I've lost 15 times that amount in the past year on deals that went bad with international orders, either damaged in shipment, or otherwise unsaleable goods delivered (ordered as samples, etc, etc). It's a tax write-off, as far as I'm concerned, and part of the cost of doing business. My Jalapeno was ordered through a business account, tied to a legitimate tax-paying business, which has the luxury of writing off bad investments, in exchange for paying taxes on the good ones. If/when my BFL order (and the rest of my other ASIC orders, present, and future) they'll be used to generate income through a registered legitimate tax paying business, which, if I was just assuming, is more than MOST miners on this forum can say; so those who go around casting aspersions and wanting to involve the courts into their battles, you MIGHT want to take a quiet moment and consider the repercussions of tax evasion.  Wink

Face it, dude, you've got nothing. You can't figure me out, because I don't fit into either of your two pre-defined boxes.

If you magically find a way to clear the BFL queue, I stand only to gain. Whereas, if the queue remains full, I stand to continue to wait. If BFL fails, I break even because I write it off on my taxes.

I've brought my big-boy pants though, so I'll be okay, whatever the outcome. If you're in a position that a measly $300 toy would drive all of your opinions and actions, I feel sorry for you; but to presuppose that everybody else's motives are rooted in such pettiness is what's truly pitiable here.

Block Erupter Overclocking 447 M/Hash, .006 (discounts if done in quantity) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300206.msg3218480#msg3218480

Buy and sell mining shares (Bitfury). https://cex.io/r/1/wrenchmonkey/0/
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2013, 02:17:34 AM

They got exactly 0 ASICS.  Which is, at the time it all occurred, the same number of ASICs that were delivered by BFL, or anyone for that matter.  The key difference is that Tom of bASIC tried to maintain complete transparency, so when things started to turn sour, it was very apparent that it was occurring.  BFL's underhanded tactics on the other hand have muddied the waters so thoroughly no one has any idea which was is up. They had both shipped many FPGA units, and I'd consider the thought that even at that, Tom was more successful at this attempt with FPGAs than BFL was.

What, the transparency where he explicitly, willfully and with full knowledge lied about having a prototype that was hashing, when in fact he had absolutely nothing what so ever?  And maintained that he had a prototype and was in the process of developing this mythical ASIC with these absurd power numbers, when in fact he had done exactly NOTHING.  Not a single thing towards developing an ASIC?  You mean that kind of transparency?

Don't try to rewrite history. Tom was and is a drunk piece of shit.  He's one step away from a scummy used car salesman, nothing more.  He lied from day one about his ASIC bullshit and strung people along with no clear ability or path to delivering.  BFL has made mistakes, yes, but at least we've always had a clear path forward and we've always intended to deliver a product.  Tom... not so much.

Transparency... heh.  What a joke.  Stop trying to rewrite history to bolster your pathetic little argument.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
wrenchmonkey

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 02:22:24 AM

^^

k9=pwnd, once again...

Block Erupter Overclocking 447 M/Hash, .006 (discounts if done in quantity) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300206.msg3218480#msg3218480

Buy and sell mining shares (Bitfury). https://cex.io/r/1/wrenchmonkey/0/
dogie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2013, 02:30:28 AM

They got exactly 0 ASICS.  Which is, at the time it all occurred, the same number of ASICs that were delivered by BFL, or anyone for that matter.  The key difference is that Tom of bASIC tried to maintain complete transparency, so when things started to turn sour, it was very apparent that it was occurring.  BFL's underhanded tactics on the other hand have muddied the waters so thoroughly no one has any idea which was is up. They had both shipped many FPGA units, and I'd consider the thought that even at that, Tom was more successful at this attempt with FPGAs than BFL was.

What, the transparency where he explicitly, willfully and with full knowledge lied about having a prototype that was hashing, when in fact he had absolutely nothing what so ever?  And maintained that he had a prototype and was in the process of developing this mythical ASIC with these absurd power numbers, when in fact he had done exactly NOTHING.  Not a single thing towards developing an ASIC?  You mean that kind of transparency?

Don't try to rewrite history. Tom was and is a drunk piece of shit.  He's one step away from a scummy used car salesman, nothing more.  He lied from day one about his ASIC bullshit and strung people along with no clear ability or path to delivering.  BFL has made mistakes, yes, but at least we've always had a clear path forward and we've always intended to deliver a product.  Tom... not so much.

Transparency... heh.  What a joke.  Stop trying to rewrite history to bolster your pathetic little argument.

I actually had to read this through twice. You've literally described your contribution to the bitcoin world over the last 9 months. The only differences being:
1) You had more investment, you could weather the storm
2) You had the intention of actually making an ASIC

Now for a second forget about the bullshit and the "I think you're doing everything wrong", and honestly just read back what you've posted. You think Tom was a horrific person for seemingly valid reasons [assuming its true, I have no intention of verifying that as its irrelevant]. Can you not understand the hatred you [BFL] and you [personally] have garnered over this time period? Every single sentence just seems to describe what's happened in the last year.

Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2013, 02:33:59 AM

I actually had to read this through twice. You've literally described your contribution to the bitcoin world over the last 9 months. The only differences being:

Now for a second forget about the bullshit and the "I think you're doing everything wrong", and honestly just read back what you've posted. You think Tom was a horrific person for seemingly valid reasons [assuming its true, I have no intention of verifying that as its irrelevant]. Can you not understand the hatred you [BFL] and you [personally] have garnered over this time period? Every single sentence just seems to describe what's happened in the last year.

Except, you now, the part about... umm, all of it, you mean?

The point of my post: 

1. Tom was unable to handle creating an ASIC.
2. BFL had the intention of making an ASIC, Tom apparently did not, although this is speculative, maybe he did, but he did a piss poor job of it.

Contrast to BFL who A) Is and was able to handle creating an ASIC and B) had the intention of making an ASIC.  So your post is complete nonsense.  Is does not describe BFL in any way, shape or form.  Try again.  You are at 100% fail so far in this thread, can you maybe make a single post where you don't fall flat on your face?

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
dogie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2013, 02:38:01 AM

Except, you now, the part about... umm, all of it, you mean?

The point of my post: 

1. Tom was unable to handle creating an ASIC.
2. BFL had the intention of making an ASIC, Tom apparently did not, although this is speculative, maybe he did, but he did a piss poor job of it.

Contrast to BFL who A) Is and was able to handle creating an ASIC and B) had the intention of making an ASIC.  So your post is complete nonsense.  Is does not describe BFL in any way, shape or form.  Try again.  You are at 100% fail so far in this thread, can you maybe make a single post where you don't fall flat on your face?

*sigh* I was being nice, and I didn't/don't disagree with 1. and 2.. I can understand why you're so defensive, I would be with the amount of shit hurled at you. Its up to you if you want to try and understand why the shit is hurled, or you can just attack anyone who walks near you. Maybe if you took some time to understand why, then you'd [bfl] have a better chance at fixing it and a lot easier time.

Its up to you, its not my long term mental health that is at risk.

FCTaiChi

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2013, 02:39:00 AM

Wrong, it's a matter of degree Inaba, someone may come right up to the peak and not make it over, whereas someone else will be just barely more prepared, and slightly less incompetent, and still make it.

Has anyone compiled a list of your invective?  I think that may be fun to read Cheesy  Possibly good for newbs to know before they get involved..

Mining Equipment Comparison Table                               Bitcoin News                             1nKAizrhGzvLfWBVfX8fGLAs6kxKV7aXM
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2013, 02:47:04 AM

Wrong, it's a matter of degree Inaba, someone may come right up to the peak and not make it over, whereas someone else will be just barely more prepared, and slightly less incompetent, and still make it.

Don't try to rewrite history. Tom was and is a drunk piece of shit.  He's one step away from a scummy used car salesman, nothing more.  He lied from day one about his ASIC bullshit and strung people along with no clear ability or path to delivering.  BFL has made mistakes, yes, but at least we've always had a clear path forward and we've always intended to deliver a product.  Tom... not so much.
Has anyone compiled a list of your invective?  I think that may be fun to read Cheesy  Possibly good for newbs to know before they get involved..

I would love if someone did... then there'd be a central place that I can point to and say "You're full of shit, this is what I said, not your mindless bullshit you keep peddling."  Instead, right now, people post all sorts of mindless bullshit they make up, I ask them to prove it with quotes/links and they fail and go on with their crap.  I mean, just look at any BFL thread and anything that comes out of PuertoLibre, Frizz, et al is 90% manufactured bullshit with nothing substantive to back up their ramblings, yet they keep peddling it as if it were truth.  If you try to get them to back up their claims, they become strangely silent.

Yes, please make it so!

FCTaiChi

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2013, 03:32:07 AM

I'm not opposed to the idea that you could have valid reasons for everything that has happened.  Like a majority of the people on the forum I just haven't seen it.  It seems like there are consistently unfulfilled promises, and when people point that out they get ignored, or have ad hominem thrown at them.  How can this be justified?  Because it's cool?  You're in a company man, grow up.  The people that you are talking to may be completely pissed off and unreasonable, but look at it from their point of view, they feel totally screwed with.  If you tried to explain things calmly instead of making people feel ridiculous all the time, I think you would be much better off.

Mining Equipment Comparison Table                               Bitcoin News                             1nKAizrhGzvLfWBVfX8fGLAs6kxKV7aXM
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 03:41:13 AM

Don't try to rewrite history. Tom was and is a drunk piece of shit.  He's one step away from a scummy used car salesman, nothing more.  He lied from day one about his ASIC bullshit and strung people along with no clear ability or path to delivering.  BFL has made mistakes, yes, but at least we've always had a clear path forward and we've always intended to deliver a product.  Tom... not so much.
Has anyone compiled a list of your invective?  I think that may be fun to read Cheesy  Possibly good for newbs to know before they get involved..
I would love if someone did... then there'd be a central place that I can point to and say "You're full of shit, this is what I said, not your mindless bullshit you keep peddling."  

I would appreciate this as well. Will be helpful in the coming weeks.
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2013, 05:01:32 AM

I'm not opposed to the idea that you could have valid reasons for everything that has happened.  Like a majority of the people on the forum I just haven't seen it.  It seems like there are consistently unfulfilled promises, and when people point that out they get ignored, or have ad hominem thrown at them.  How can this be justified?  Because it's cool?  You're in a company man, grow up.  The people that you are talking to may be completely pissed off and unreasonable, but look at it from their point of view, they feel totally screwed with.  If you tried to explain things calmly instead of making people feel ridiculous all the time, I think you would be much better off.

Been there, tried that.  Doesn't work.  When you have inheriently irrational people like PL, Frizz, etc... who's sole purpose is to denigrate BFL, regardless of facts, truth and honesty, it doesn't matter what you say.  They will fabricate whatever information that need to make their statements.  Like I said, any time you try to get them to back up their ridiculous statements, they deflect or ignore.  Go ahead and try it... go pick out one of their ridiculous statements then get them to provide some proof or convincing evidence for their position... you'll get nothing in return. 

I would appreciate this as well. Will be helpful in the coming weeks.

Yes Xian, we've all heard, ad naseum, about how you're going to mount the awesome legal offensive against BFL.  Nobody cares, haven't you figured that out yet?  Just get on with it, all this posturing you are doing is just making you look like more of a tool than anything else.  Like someone already said, if you really had legal council, you wouldn't be posting on the forum.  You're a joke, man, move on.

Xian01
Legendary

Christian Antkow

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 05:14:56 AM

Yes Xian, we've all heard, ad naseum, about how you're going to mount the awesome legal offensive against BFL.

Patience. Dotting our I's and crossing our T's.

Nobody cares, haven't you figured that out yet?  Just get on with it, all this posturing you are doing is just making you look like more of a tool than anything else.  Like someone already said, if you really had legal council, you wouldn't be posting on the forum.  You're a joke, man, move on.

I don't believe I am saying anything offensive, detrimental, uncivil, false, slanderous or libelous.

In fact, I'll do you one better, seeing as how I've never directly addressed you about this, here we go.

Josh, honestly and truly, in retrospect, I'm sorry I lost my cool and telling you to "Fuck off and eat a bag of dicks". I know you guys have been under a tremendous amount of stress over the last 11 months, and I'm sure some angry customer like me was the last thing you wanted to deal with.

I apologize for getting so wildly bent-out-of-shape over this entire development.

Please understand that came from a place of a frustration I have never experienced before, and, well, here we are.

I wish I could go back and be more chill about the situation and not harangue you as bitterly and explicitly as I did.

I'm very sorry that you think I'm a joke. Even more sorry we could not resolve this dispute civilly.

All I can say is, I've been patient for 11 months. I hope you can appreciate me asking you to remain patient for a little while longer.

Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2013, 05:20:59 AM

I appreciate the apology, but it's pretty hard to take seriously when, in the same post (and many others), you continue to talk up how you're going to bring about an epic lawsuit against BFL.  

I don't believe I am saying anything offensive, detrimental, uncivil, false, slanderous or libelous.

You're absolutely right, you're not.  You're just being threatening (in the legal sense).  Much like physical threats, I do not respond well to either.  Like I said, if you're going to do it, skin that hogleg and go to work; quit talking about it.  You have made your intent to initiate legal proceedings very clear, so there's nothing more to say other than "see you in court."

dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 05:30:05 AM

Which is why it was readily apparent when things started going sour.  Speaking of absurd power numbers, quit projecting your shortfalls onto myself and others.  I won't comment on what I think of Tom, but your views and mine aren't too far apart.

BFL has made mistakes, yes, but at least we've always had a clear path forward and we've always intended to deliver a product.  Tom... not so much.

I merely said BFL couldn't be trusted, and still can't. 
Xian01
Legendary

Christian Antkow

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 05:34:52 AM

I appreciate the apology, but it's pretty hard to take seriously when, in the same post (and many others), you continue to talk up how you're going to bring about an epic lawsuit against BFL.  
You're absolutely right, you're not.  You're just being threatening (in the legal sense).  Much like physical threats, I do not respond well to either.  Like I said, if you're going to do it, skin that hogleg and go to work; quit talking about it.  You have made your intent to initiate legal proceedings very clear, so there's nothing more to say other than "see you in court."

The letter has not yet been sent.

It's not too late to settle this civilly via email.

With all due respect, I'm trying to be as reasonable and civil as possible. I am sorry you feel threatened.

You should have no reason to feel threatened if you have done nothing wrong.
miter_myles

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 05:38:28 AM

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2013, 05:41:17 AM

Which is why it was readily apparent when things started going sour.  Speaking of absurd power numbers, quit projecting your shortfalls onto myself and others.  I won't comment on what I think of Tom, but your views and mine aren't too far apart.

Readily apparent?  What kind of drugs are you on?  Things were sour from day 1... where's your transparency?    You were talking about transparency, I was responding to your post about transparency.  What are you talking about now?  There was zero transparency.  If there was any transparency, then no one would have sent him a dime, since he lied about having a prototype from day 1.  

I merely said BFL couldn't be trusted, and still can't.  

No, you said:

The key difference is that Tom of bASIC tried to maintain complete transparency, so when things started to turn sour, it was very apparent that it was occurring.  BFL's underhanded tactics on the other hand have muddied the waters so thoroughly no one has any idea which was is up. They had both shipped many FPGA units, and I'd consider the thought that even at that, Tom was more successful at this attempt with FPGAs than BFL was.

1) That Tom was transparent.  A blatantly incorrect statement by any definition.
2) That somehow Tom was more successful than BFL at shipping FPGAs when the number of ModMiners in the wild compared to the number of BFL units are staggering.  Do you even have any idea how many FPGA units BFL shipped?  Thousands upon thousands.  When I say BFL funded ASIC development with FPGA profits, I am not exaggerating or lying.  The FPGA line was very, very lucrative and successful.  Tom did fine as a hobby supplier, but as an actual business it was exceptionally low volume.  
3) I know you like to believe there are underhanded tactics, but that is simply not the case, you are just buying into the kool-aid at that point.  BFL made mistakes, sure, but unlike what some would have you believe, we've never lied or intentionally mislead anyone.  Call us incompetent if you want, whatever.  The fact is, we have built an assembly and distribution channel that dwarfs all other ASIC and FPGA offerings combined, several times over.  We've made missteps along the way and we are working to correct those as quickly as possible.  I've apologized numerous times for it and that's all I can offer at this point and move forward.  If I could go back in time to change things, I absolutely would, but the BFL Time Turner won't be ready for another 4 - 6 weeks.

Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2013, 05:46:34 AM

With all due respect, I'm trying to be as reasonable and civil as possible. I am sorry you feel threatened.

I don't feel threatened by you in any way, I said you were being threatening, that's why I'm telling you to get on with it and quit yakkin' about it.  Just because a chihuahua arches it back, growls and yips in a threatening manner at a person doesn't mean the person is threatened by the chihuahua.  Sometimes it's even cute.

Xian01
Legendary

Christian Antkow

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 05:49:13 AM

I don't feel threatened by you in any way, I said you were being threatening, that's why I'm telling you to get on with it and quit yakkin' about it.  Just because a chihuahua arches it back, grows and yips in a threatening manner at a person doesn't mean the person is threatened by the chihuahua.  Sometimes it's even cute.

Undecided

Ok. I tried.
YipYip

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 05:49:23 AM

Keep mining using other pples property... I think u would actrually call that theft ... but you peopel at  fraud.inc  dont really know what is right and wrong anymore due to the never ending lies and deceptions

Karma is a biatch when it comes back @ u Josh...... How can u look in a mirror ..is it because WE are the bad guys who are trying to supress u ... so it justify's mining with pre-order equipment ...was this somthing u would never do ..oh wait a miniute we are talking about BFL ...and actually you Josh ..u seem to have been guided by the master conman and have now exceeding all the training that sonny could give... I am sure he is a proud father just like King COn Man was to SOnny himself !!...

P.S There seems to be a mysterious single miner with over 1600 btc in the last week ... gee i wonder who that is Josh !!!!

I think the FCC need to know about your unlicensed products dont u think or have u already contacted them I am sure I could help hook u up to the right people at the FCC or does BFL have one of those fantansy FCC exempt cards u won in monopoly ?

OBJECT NOT FOUND
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: