Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:53:49 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Noirbits Update required Improved algos !!!!  (Read 74427 times)
barwizi (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 05:01:26 PM

the problem with merged mining our various scrypt coins has been mainly the passing of submitted hashes of different difficulties from the parent chain to consequent ones. Noirbits only managed to pass two to summercoin before the changes in difficulty skewered everything, and we haven't been able to replicate it since difficulty has not reached acceeptable levels since.

Messing with someone else's coin isn't part of the plan also.
barwizi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 05:04:51 PM

we haven't given up. in fact we are simply trying to figure out a new path to get to the same place. The easiest way we have seen is a poolside attempt but we'll need to do further research.
oatmo

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 05:49:16 PM

we haven't given up. in fact we are simply trying to figure out a new path to get to the same place. The easiest way we have seen is a poolside attempt but we'll need to do further research.
Do you have anything written up about how you were planning to do it? I'm curious how you could be doing hashes for 2 coins at once without them being completely separate?
Were you just trying to work on 2 coins at once, splitting effort, or were you trying actually use the same hashes for 2 coins?
barwizi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 05:57:42 PM

Do you have anything written up about how you were planning to do it? I'm curious how you could be doing hashes for 2 coins at once without them being completely separate?
Were you just trying to work on 2 coins at once, splitting effort, or were you trying actually use the same hashes for 2 coins?

We are attempting to use the same hash. for now most work is kept under wraps since we would like to milk this cow for a bit before we tell people how we got it working. I myself am not really working on it since i have been pushing the Noirbank idea.
barwizi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 06:02:18 PM

Noirbank Update

The idea is being tested, we have pushed 3 applications to countries, one in Africa one in Europe and an Middle east country, the first two have responded by asking us to provide full details of how crypto-currencies work. Most countries dont have an existing class of registration that covers how this community operates. Further The African country asked some questions including.
0) What is crypto-currency and how does it work?
1) how would we secure reserves and if we would further push to become commercial ie offering services akin to visa.
2) in what form taxes would be paid
3) How do we interrelate with their national reserve
Services are easy to implement, difficulties arise from actually getting a country to accept and allow us to operate.

Anyone with Legal knowledge, please help.
Jazkal

Activity: 319
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 06:26:41 PM

We are attempting to use the same hash. for now most work is kept under wraps since we would like to milk this cow for a bit before we tell people how we got it working. I myself am not really working on it since i have been pushing the Noirbank idea.
Who is working on this? If you aren't, please tell us who is, so we can look more into this.
oatmo

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 09:52:37 PM

Who is working on this? If you aren't, please tell us who is, so we can look more into this.
I'll second that. I'm interested in the low level details of how the mining process works (that relates to my other project too), and I'm a pretty smart person (with 50+ patents, etc.), so I may be able to help you out, and also learn what I need to know in the process.
Jazkal

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 07:56:40 AM

Just an FYI....

Noirbits is currently at 149% profitability as compared to mining BTC.
stbgefltc

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2013, 09:41:27 AM

Which site did you get that information from ?

BTW, noirbits.com is up, thanks to TheRick for his great job !

Jazkal

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 12:23:19 PM

I figured it out myself. this mornings number is 267%.
solracx

Activity: 294

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2013, 01:12:40 PM

Great work so far on Noirbits.   Glad to see some active development behind the coin.   

Hope to have some good technical collaboration in the future.  ZenithCoin (ZTC) has slightly different timing (2.5 minutes, 24 coins) and a more aggressive FIR based re-target algorithm.   Very problematic to perform merge coins without the same specs as the parent.

ZenithCoin - Sustainable Scrypt Based Crypto Currency
TheRickTM

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 01:45:23 PM

I figured it out myself. this mornings number is 267%.

Once I get more time this week, I'll try putting these numbers and calculators on the website. As well I'll add the API from the different pools to reflect the numbers as part of the site. Try to make it more like bitcoin charts in the pools section.

If anyone else has any suggestions for the web page please let me know. Also if you find any issues with it please PM me.
de_xt

Activity: 602
Merit: 535

Account hacked from Oct 11th to Nov 1st 2017

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 02:16:21 PM

You don't need a website for this. You can figure it out on your own, instead of waiting for coinchoose to list it.

Hint: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=213580.0

▄███████████████▄
       ▄██▀             ▀██▄
    ▄▄██▀                 ▀██▄▄
█████▀▀       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    ▀▀█████
██          ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▀█▄▄      ██
▐█▌       ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▀███   ▐█▌
 ██      ▄▀▄▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀   ██
 ▐█▌    █▄▀▄▀▄█▀▀▀ ▀█▀ ▄▀▄▀█   ▐█▌
  ██    █▄▀▄▀▄▄█▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄▀▄▀█   ██
  ▐█▌ ▀▄█████▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀█  ▐█▌
   ██▌▀████▀██▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█▀ ▐██
    ██▌▀█▀▀█▄▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▀▄█▄▄█▀ ▐██
     ██▌ ▀  ▀███▄▄▄█████▀  ▐██
      ██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀      ▄██
       ▀██▄             ▄██▀
         ▀██▄         ▄██▀
           ▀██▄     ▄██▀
             ▀███▄███▀
               ▀███▀
.DeepOnion.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★  .❱❱❱ JOIN AIRDROP NOW!.
TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED
★  Your Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Your Assets Secured by TOR
★  Guard Your Privacy!
|Bitcointalk
Reddit
Telegram
|                        ▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▀
                    ▄▄██▀█▀▄▀▀▀
                  ▄██▄█▄██▀
                ▄██████▀
              ▄██████▀
  ▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
██████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀
 ▀█████  ▄███████
  ████████████▀██
  ██▀███████▀  ██
  ██ ▀████▀    ██
  ██   ▀▀      ██
  ▀█████████████▀
stbgefltc

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2013, 03:00:46 PM

You don't need a website for this. You can figure it out on your own, instead of waiting for coinchoose to list it.

Hint: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=213580.0

Yeah but you know... laziness... Smiley

oatmo

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 06:14:17 AM

Coinmine no block for 3 hours.. looks dead again.. network hash is down to 4.8m. Looks like another crash.
barwizi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 07:54:02 AM

checkpoint 17058 pushed just in case, i'll start looking at things on my end, please pool owners check on yours. I am working on an updated version of the windows client.
barwizi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 07:55:23 AM

I'm also temporarily moving half my cards to solo mining to encourage spread of hash power
stbgefltc

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2013, 08:06:55 AM

Right, I'm gonna update... Can't move my miners off the pool though I'm back @ work...

Also something's definitely off, miners-united supposedly has 195% of the network's hashing power...

stbgefltc

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2013, 08:24:28 AM

Allright, pool's updated with latest checkpoint.

barwizi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 09:37:26 AM

http://www.digitalcurrencytalk.com/index.php/topic,11459.0.html

check out the thread.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: