Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:32:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Please Buy a Hardware Wallet  (Read 2747 times)
Aponkye1

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2018, 02:51:29 PM

Thanks for the information mate i guess if most people would switch to the use of using harware wallets other than saving their funds on exchange wallets and web wallets which could be easily compromised cases of hacking of wallets will be reduced. Please it does not really cost much so try and get a hardware wallet. At least is better to spend such a few amount on the safety of your funds than to lose it to some maniac someday.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LB750123

Activity: 13
Merit: 5

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 03:13:46 PM

You can also add Coinkite Coldcard and Opendime on top of Ledger, Trezor and Keepkey.

I haven't tried Coldcard yet but I will as soon as possible.
I am particularly interested on restoring a seed directly on the device ...
should be way safer than typing the magic words on a laptop Smiley
SnapDown22

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 03:26:36 PM

I do not know where to buy and when but I am comfortable using my own method so the security of my wallet has become good and awake and I am calm and not
bitfocus

Activity: 532
Merit: 15

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 05:10:17 PM

Yes, hardware wallets are best option to protect your BTC and other crypto and keep hodling.
nuraziaaziz

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 03:38:15 AM

Yes I believed that people should buy hardware wallet because it is one of the secure and safest wallet for your storage. It was entirely offline which also known as cold storage. With hardware wallet, it will be hard for thief to claim your coin because it's require unique PIN.
boyshx

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 03:45:08 AM

Yeah, we are average people with shit knowledge about many things. There are big portion of people who are mastering their hacking arts and making the hacks possible even on the strongly guarded exchanger. Now assume we are just a home outside the kingdom middle of no where. I guess that makes us more vulnerable. Private keys are really mess when it comes to saving them. I have got 30 private keys cop pasted in my notes and I check them regularly over my laptop. They can give access to SHIT coins but still they are worth something and if I loose them then its big loss. I am considering buying Ledger as I have seen its more positive reviews and it is comparatively very much cheaper.
TopT3ns

Activity: 2562
Merit: 572

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2018, 04:20:57 AM

For me i still not use hardware wallet although i already have, coins that i saved is not much. And i already  set 2fa in my wallet online. It is already enough for me, but i will suggest people to use hardware wallet because it is really safe to our coins.

Bugatti73

Activity: 616

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 07:55:49 PM

Ok, where is the best and cheaper to buy this wallet? And what is the guarantee that it does not hack?
Cryptoreflector_666

Activity: 728
Merit: 24

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 07:58:55 PM

Everyday I come on here and read a sad story about someone getting hacked and losing their Bitcoin / Ethereum.  I hate reading them but its like a car accident on the side of the road, you can't help but look.  Once you read the story it's clear that it could have been avoid had the user used a hardware wallet.  I dont have alot of Bitcoin or Ethereum but I recently purchased my own hardware wallet to keep them secure, I strongly suggest others in my situation (less than 1BTC total invested) to go out and buy a hardware wallet.  Right now.

Why do small fries need a hardware wallet?
We are the most vulnerable because we are less experienced.  Most of us haven't experienced losing coins yet, either directly or through a friend.  We probably download shit we shouldn't, left our private keys in some email we sent (I haven't done this but I could see myself doing something this stupid when I first started) and probably leave our desktop wallets open a bit too long.  The small fries are vulnerable so we need to protect our investments.

What is a hardware wallet
Its a devise that essentially stores your private key on it so you can't be keylogged and requires you input a password onto it, not your computer, before unlocking the wallet AND withdrawing any coins.  Its safe, its secure and only the person with possession of the hardware wallet can withdraw funds (at least I've been told no one has legitimately hacked a hardware wallet without possession of it).  It's easy to use. When you use a Ledger Nano S and activate it, the devise presents you with a private passphrase that does not show up on your computer.  You write down the pass phrases, by hand (do not type it out, take a photograph, or anyhing of the like), and if you lose or break your hardware wallet you can buy another and gain access to it with the private passphrases.  If you are really concerned about the passphrase being lost, buy a fireproof, waterproof safe and ziplock your private passphrase (waterproof safes are known to trap condensation which gets things wet - wet paper with pen = lost writing) so its airtight and lock it up.  Its really secure so long as you keep the pass phrase safe.  

Hardware wallets
Ledger Nano S - https://www.amazon.com/Ledger-Nano-Cryptocurrency-Hardware-Wallet/dp/B01J66NF46/
KeepKey - https://www.amazon.com/KeepKey-Simple-Cryptocurrency-Hardware-Wallet/dp/B0143M2A5S/
Trezor - https://www.amazon.com/Satoshi-Labs-bitcoin-wallet-white/dp/B00P5HU80A/

I have all my valuable crypto, that's currently supported, on my Ledger.  My Bitcoin, Ethereum and you can bet your ass once Deep Onion is supported it will be safely secured on there too.  The Ledger is easy to use and the instructions are crystal clear.  At less than $80, there is no reason not to protect your investment.  Even if you only have $250 in BTC/ETH, you will buy more so you might as well buy one of these now.  

I don't want to read another story about someone getting robbed of their Bitcoin and I want our community to flourish.  Secure your coins!

My choice is Leger Nano. In my opinion, this is the best choice in the price / quality ratio on the market at the moment. The convenience of the interface is simply amazing and leaves a good impression. Well, about the design in General comments are unnecessary - it is beautiful. Powerful!

Diced90

Activity: 994
Merit: 515

Get'em boys

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 08:05:27 PM

Yeah, I agree. Sometimes spending some hundreds may seem like a lot but it would be nothing in comparison to the amount that could potentially become compromised.
phelbaby

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 08:23:43 PM

This very important, because hacking of account is a serious problem when once wallet is not a secured once,and to prevent once account been hacked it is good to protect once coin with a hardware wallet.
Nasonn

Activity: 616
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 08:46:46 PM

Truly it's a shame how everyday people are falling victim to their wallets being hacked when you consider how cheap these hardware wallets are compared to the amount people keep losing. I don't see any reason why people shouldn't buy a hardware wallet just to be safe.
clickerz

Activity: 1414
Merit: 505

Backed.Finance

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 10:40:49 PM

This very important, because hacking of account is a serious problem when once wallet is not a secured once,and to prevent once account been hacked it is good to protect once coin with a hardware wallet.

I think its a must if you are holding a bigger amount of crypto. Holding it in a hardware wallet is  safer compared to leaving it in exchanges which is prone to hacking, and even threat of exchange close down. For me I have a coins for long term being stored on hardware wallet and a trading funds for daily trade on exchanges. I separate it for convenience.

Open for Campaigns
jerrison

Activity: 1442
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2018, 10:57:01 PM

bitcoin in hardware wallets are the safest to handle and carry around as it is most secure considering all the recent hacks people complain on daily basics about their accounts that gets compromised and there is no remedy. I will advise people to consider buying  a hardware wallet to ensure safety of their tokens.

Al-e_x

Activity: 560
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 10:58:24 PM

to save and keep the security of my crypto assets, of course, I have a hard wallet (Ledger Nano), especially this year many hacking victims, including my friend who became a victim.

so, preventive action is my choice today.
darkphoenix2610

Activity: 679
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 11:07:53 PM

For me i still not use hardware wallet although i already have, coins that i saved is not much. And i already  set 2fa in my wallet online. It is already enough for me, but i will suggest people to use hardware wallet because it is really safe to our coins.

In buying Hard wallet your coins and funds must have a higher value, If it is not that huge there is no way to buy some, because the purpose of hardware wallet is to have your account secured in anyway from hackers.
Bitfling

Activity: 602

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 01:15:41 AM

Security our coin is our priority and its good advice for buying hardware wallet. Its secure wallet and from what i know, its most secure wallet than others. But if decide keep using web wallet, better keep secure the private key
no0dlepunk

Activity: 490
Merit: 258

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 01:51:27 AM

People may reach out if they want to buy my Ledger Wallet H.W. - I no longer use it since I only have ethereum classics. The wallet supports BTC forks and the last update was for Segwit2x (but I didn't upgrade it to that).
pacman7331

Activity: 638
Merit: 118

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 02:05:21 AM

Thanks, mate for your kind advice yes I do agree with you. We crypto investors need to good care of our assets and money from the brutal hackers and hardware wallet can protect us I myself use ledger nano S hardware wallet which is really helpful.

Sinone

Activity: 597

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 02:15:05 AM

Yes, I think also to use hardware wallet there are so many investors have lost their assets by hackers. It's really pathetic for an investor. They need to use hardware wallet to be safe I have decided to use hardware wallet also for keeping my money safe and sound.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: