Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 05:52:08 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Address with Avalon bulk chip payments now tops $8 million...  (Read 18089 times)
bigbeninlondon

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 07:49:43 PM

One of the things I find interesting is that Yifu has very clearly stated that he's not trying to get rich with these chips.  He's passionate about bitcoin and believes in it as a viable alternative to traditional global banking.  Making these chips is an attempt to decentralize the network.  He's said specifically that none of the Avon employees (of which I've only heard about two) are even mining.  Maybe he is, maybe he isn't, but I don't think he's as interested in garnering your business or putting your mind at ease as he is at getting chips out to developers so there is more competition in the market.

I think it may be a little bit of a stretch to ask him to accommodate customers like he was trying to garner business.  Instead, expect that he's hard at work, and keep an eye out for new news.
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 08:04:32 PM

One of the things I find interesting is that Yifu has very clearly stated that he's not trying to get rich with these chips.  He's passionate about bitcoin and believes in it as a viable alternative to traditional global banking.  Making these chips is an attempt to decentralize the network.  He's said specifically that none of the Avon employees (of which I've only heard about two) are even mining.  Maybe he is, maybe he isn't, but I don't think he's as interested in garnering your business or putting your mind at ease as he is at getting chips out to developers so there is more competition in the market.

I think it may be a little bit of a stretch to ask him to accommodate customers like he was trying to garner business.  Instead, expect that he's hard at work, and keep an eye out for new news.

I do admire Yifu, I really do, but if you think Bitsyncom and he are not profiting massively from this venture especially at the mark-up he's selling ASIC's for considering non-recurring engineering costs are already covered, you sir, are nuts!

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
erschiessen

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 08:27:05 PM

somebody called and woke me up in the middle of the night for this, so I'll keep it short.

1a. see the conference video, I thought that's an update; for the lazy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LY1xgGiejIc
1b. also got cornered after the panel and somebody took this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtVx26LlNXA
2. an update incoming in < 1 week, pretty exciting.
3. we fully understand there is problems with orders ( no way?! )
- we can not address these issues IF WE DO NOT SOLVE OUR PRODUCTION ISSUE then we can not DELIVER at all.
- so until that happens, get all your information ready and bump the ticket if it makes you feel better, or just wish to complain and blow off some steam. ( please do not create new ones though, usually looking at the support system ticket insolvency merging at least 5-6 other ones first... ).
4. this forum is a giant waste of time, get back to coding, go outside, hug your mother, do something,

lastly, food for though:

who says we control that address in the first place?  Wink

Hey, in the nearby college town, most of the EE's it seems work at Gamestop.

Other than the discounts, do you know what it gives those kids?

A sense of the Free Market.
A sense of responsibility toward the people that are paying their bills.

Yifu, instead of being annoyed at being awakened to answer to your self-made FUD, consider the people that have placed monies into your wallet.
Some of these people have jammed an awful lot into that pocket.

You need a spokesperson, if you would rather not deal with the public yourself.

PM me, I will send you my resume for consideration of that part time position.
:-)

Your Message Here
12KHW3i2Hamk1irY8b181N4vMXUnVYL1ah
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 08:41:57 PM

somebody called and woke me up in the middle of the night for this, so I'll keep it short.

1a. see the conference video, I thought that's an update; for the lazy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LY1xgGiejIc
1b. also got cornered after the panel and somebody took this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtVx26LlNXA
- we can not address these issues IF WE DO NOT SOLVE OUR PRODUCTION ISSUE then we can not DELIVER at all.
- so until that happens, get all your information ready and bump the ticket if it makes you feel better, or just wish to complain and blow off some steam. ( please do not create new ones though, usually looking at the support system ticket insolvency merging at least 5-6 other ones first... ).
4. this forum is a giant waste of time, get back to coding, go outside, hug your mother, do something,
Thanks for the quick update, much appreciated.

1. I'm sure you are extremely busy but IMO your customers who have collectively invested $millions in your bulk chips shouldn't have to dig up a 25 minute video for information on when they can expect their sample chips that I believe are now over 3 weeks late with no contact from Bitsyncom. A quick e-mail to your customers will go a LONG way in easing their concerns and reducing the conjecture/paranoia found on the forums.
2. Awesome, can't wait.
3. I personally have no glitched orders/tickets but I am curious why you have not hired a customer service rep or 2 to deal with us annoying customers. It seems pretty normal for people to worry when they get no response from a company's support system so I can't blame them. Even just a canned reply "We are looking into your issue!" goes a long way.
4. I know this sentiment is common but you have to realize that we have to come here because there is simply no official info about the delay and this is one of the few places people share what little info can be found. Some people have a LOT of money riding on you with very little information available. When I got the update that batch #2 was starting to ship in April I relaxed, hugged my mom, threw the ball with my kids etc etc. After a month passed with no tracking # or update I decided to check back here only to learn there wasn't much progress so far with batch #2 and the sample chips. Now that another three weeks have passed without any update, surly you can understand why a lot of us are curious about what is going on. Your update above is the first I've heard that you are having production issues that are not currently solved and the irony is I learned this on these forums, not from an official Bitsyncom update so you are training us to come to this cesspool of a forum Tongue. I'm telling you man just a quick update to your customers will go a loooooooong way. I have 2 boys in baseball so I get plenty of sun and don't have the time to dig up videos and random forums posts to find out why the miners I spent my hard-mined BTC on are now almost 2 months late. It's like I tell my daughter when she goes out. I don't mind if you are going to be late but just give me a quick call so I know what to expect and avoid losing any sleep needlessly worrying.

Again I deeply appreciate your efforts and I look forward the next "official update" Cheesy

Re:
lastly, food for though:

This was the original point of my post (not to bring up batch #2 delays) and I find this ambiguous response "interesting". I didn't expect that you would directly address this post but while you're hear why not just clear the air and end the conjecture? The facts VERY strongly suggest these are the funds you have received for bulk chip orders. The transactions match bulk order amounts and began exactly when orders opened. I believe some people have tracked their coins to that address as well. I was planning to order 10k chips but backed out since there was very little info but have been watching with extreme curiosity especially now that the sample chips have been delayed with no official response.

I'm an Avalon customer too, and I don't get how some of you can be so crazy upset.

We all know this is a high risk investment. More like a gamble. You need to factor delays among many other things when ordering, not factoring them is just delusional.

Avalon is not a customer friendly business. Their philosophy is pretty transparent, and they are not customer oriented at all. Their terms of sales say pretty much all. Caveat emptor.

I can understand a batch 1 customer bitterly complaining of not having received his unit, but opening a thread speculating on what they do with the chips money, while scrutinizing their BTC address and whining... Seriously? It's that necessary?

The business that offers you plug and play money-minting machines with guaranteed ROI will never exist. There are risks. You have to be informed at all times and look for the info yourself. The truth is that Avalon faced a delay for batch 1, you should have counted on a delay on the other batches and the chips too. Let's hope everything is delivered ASAP, but all this anger for things (delays, bad customer service, etc.) that were so obviously expected is beyond me.

btcsql

Activity: 292

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 08:51:41 PM

Thanks for the quick update, much appreciated.

1. I'm sure you are extremely busy but IMO your customers who have collectively invested $millions in your bulk chips shouldn't have to dig up a 25 minute video for information on when they can expect their sample chips that I believe are now over 3 weeks late with no contact from Bitsyncom. A quick e-mail to your customers will go a LONG way in easing their concerns and reducing the conjecture/paranoia found on the forums.
2. Awesome, can't wait.
3. I personally have no glitched orders/tickets but I am curious why you have not hired a customer service rep or 2 to deal with us annoying customers. It seems pretty normal for people to worry when they get no response from a company's support system so I can't blame them. Even just a canned reply "We are looking into your issue!" goes a long way.
4. I know this sentiment is common but you have to realize that we have to come here because there is simply no official info about the delay and this is one of the few places people share what little info can be found. Some people have a LOT of money riding on you with very little information available. When I got the update that batch #2 was starting to ship in April I relaxed, hugged my mom, threw the ball with my kids etc etc. After a month passed with no tracking # or update I decided to check back here only to learn there wasn't much progress so far with batch #2 and the sample chips. Now that another three weeks have passed without any update, surly you can understand why a lot of us are curious about what is going on. Your update above is the first I've heard that you are having production issues that are not currently solved and the irony is I learned this on these forums, not from an official Bitsyncom update so you are training us to come to this cesspool of a forum Tongue. I'm telling you man just a quick update to your customers will go a loooooooong way. I have 2 boys in baseball so I get plenty of sun and don't have the time to dig up videos and random forums posts to find out why the miners I spent my hard-mined BTC on are now almost 2 months late. It's like I tell my daughter when she goes out. I don't mind if you are going to be late but just give me a quick call so I know what to expect and avoid losing any sleep needlessly worrying.

Again I deeply appreciate your efforts and I look forward the next "official update" Cheesy

Re:
lastly, food for though:

This was the original point of my post (not to bring up batch #2 delays) and I find this ambiguous response "interesting". I didn't expect that you would directly address this post but while you're hear why not just clear the air and end the conjecture? The facts VERY strongly suggest these are the funds you have received for bulk chip orders. The transactions match bulk order amounts and began exactly when orders opened. I believe some people have tracked their coins to that address as well. I was planning to order 10k chips but backed out since there was very little info but have been watching with extreme curiosity especially now that the sample chips have been delayed with no official response.

I'm an Avalon customer too, and I don't get how some of you can be so crazy upset.

We all know this is a high risk investment. More like a gamble. You need to factor delays among many other things when ordering, not factoring them is just delusional.

Avalon is not a customer friendly business. Their philosophy is pretty transparent, and they are not customer oriented at all. Their terms of sales say pretty much all. Caveat emptor.

I can understand a batch 1 customer bitterly complaining of not having received his unit, but opening a thread speculating on what they do with the chips money, while scrutinizing their BTC address and whining... Seriously? It's that necessary?

The business that offers you plug and play money-minting machines with guaranteed ROI will never exist. There are risks. You have to be informed at all times and look for the info yourself. The truth is that Avalon faced a delay for batch 1, you should have counted on a delay on the other batches and the chips too. Let's hope everything is delivered ASAP, but all this anger for things (delays, bad customer service, etc.) that were so obviously expected is beyond me.

Sure, but one would hope that even the most basic of human notions of what is equitable would exist in their business practices; ie, currently those of us with botched WalletBit Feb 2nd orders who paid 75+ BTC are being stonewalled and they are shipping the 55 BTC orders from Feb 18th and onward! That is just not fair, and very bad business practice. Yifu, once you've had your cup of coffee could you comment on this phenomenon? Why are Feb 2nd 75 BTC walletbit users being screwed?
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2013, 09:00:05 PM

So you dont understand when, for example zefir paid a full batch of 782.1BTC, there didnt happen a confirmation of payment because freshly mined coins were included and at the end the order and the bitcoins are gone. No chance to contact avalon. You can do what you want you wont get an answer. And zefir tried everything. I myself mentioned him in my contact tries too often. Nothing happened. No empathy for zefir?
Or iam. If i would spend my own bitcoins ok, but i have the burden to have responsibility for other peoples money. Its a high pressure on the shoulders when you think a batch felt over. Its finally solved now but still there are questions regarding the chips that should be answered before they arrive at customs and before i get them because i have to buy the needed packaging for shipment and so on.
Fine... no support for the chips was stated... but i have read it of course that they wont answer things like "my miner doesnt work, can you help me" and such things. But no contact at all? Thats not what i awaited.
What i wonder the most... avalon most probably has massive money now. Whats the problem that keeps them from hiring a support person?

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 09:35:09 PM

Bitsyncom thanks you read this thread but please please cant you hire at least one support person? There are so many questions that arent "when does my avalon batch 1 ship", even you payment provider claims he cant get in contact with you, there are order problems and no response. In fact your posts are the only things i heard from avalon since a long time. It really puts a burden of many customers that avalon isnt communicating while the solution is so easy.

Please consider!

I do somewhat agree with you, but consider that a support person must know A LOT of details about your company or the work flow. Maybe he doesn't want to do that because there are things he doesn't want to talk with anyone. Imagine what would happen if the support was a spy or maybe all orders details would be available on the internet. As a student (as i understood that he is...or someone with his young age) who would you trust with your multimillion $ business inside info?

Man, think about what you write. TSMC is a motherfuckin' business of $14 billion turnover per year. You just do not call them and ask to the operator, "hey, are you still doing those Avalon chips, yeah, those for that Yifu student in his 20s and his friend"?

Come on, how can you even dare to post something like this in a forum without feeling ridiculous?

Wake up, man: TSMC has more than 30,000 employees. Your "friend" is full of shit, and your crazy/dumb/whatever for even listening at her without laughing out loud.

3) This person represents a network of people in China that have previously been extremely good at sourcing anything we've possibly needed. In the case of the Avalons this is the first time they've ever been unable to find something for me. This isn't the case of someone who says he has an uncle that works at Nintendo.

But all of this is a moot point because it was settled on the last page.

How about sourcing yourself some ASICMiner chips? Think you can do it?

Tehfiend (OP)

Activity: 491
Merit: 514

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 09:37:15 PM

What I don't get is the lack of reading comprehension of these forums. Please quote anything I've said that implies I am "crazy upset".

Again, please quote where I am bitterly complaining and whining. What's the harm in speculating when there is almost no official information? You don't find it interesting that there are $8 million coins sitting untouched that perfectly match bulk chip orders? If not then move along and let those of us who are interested ponder what's going on instead of adding more worthless noise to this thread.

Once again, what anger are you talking about? Yes I counted on delays but when I get an email saying shipping has started and 7 weeks pass I'm sorry but I'm going to be curious about what happened. HOW CRAZY OF ME! I still have dreams of ordering custom chips and am watching to see what happens but nothing is happening. FUCK ME for asking questions right? SMH
btcsql

Activity: 292

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 09:45:12 PM

The squeaky wheel gets oiled -- so Yifu, why ship the Feb 18th orders before the botched WalletBit Feb 2nd orders? After you've gotten your sleep and had your coffee, can you comment on why the 75 BTC orders from Feb 2nd are basically MIA, with no information or even inkling of having been received/processed by your company? That is A LOT of money for anyone, I think... although now you must think "Psh whats ten grand? Why would I bother to answer an email GEEZ. Can't you see I am trying to sleep?" Well that's great for you and I understand, but this attitude does not reflect well to any of us.
ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 10:40:52 PM

also, parts came in, expect update this weekend.

I dance with Joy.

I try to be respectful and informed.
ftping

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

200 OK

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 11:04:20 PM

also, parts came in, expect update this weekend.

I dance with Joy.

You are smart to ignore all the drama in this thread, and only comment on the good news.
Rampion
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 01:21:57 AM

So you dont understand when, for example zefir paid a full batch of 782.1BTC, there didnt happen a confirmation of payment because freshly mined coins were included and at the end the order and the bitcoins are gone. No chance to contact avalon. You can do what you want you wont get an answer. And zefir tried everything. I myself mentioned him in my contact tries too often. Nothing happened. No empathy for zefir?
Or iam. If i would spend my own bitcoins ok, but i have the burden to have responsibility for other peoples money. Its a high pressure on the shoulders when you think a batch felt over. Its finally solved now but still there are questions regarding the chips that should be answered before they arrive at customs and before i get them because i have to buy the needed packaging for shipment and so on.
Fine... no support for the chips was stated... but i have read it of course that they wont answer things like "my miner doesnt work, can you help me" and such things. But no contact at all? Thats not what i awaited.
What i wonder the most... avalon most probably has massive money now. Whats the problem that keeps them from hiring a support person?

I don't want to play devil advocates or whatever, but I truly believe that no support person is expected. And it wasn't expected before they opened the chips order book. Unaswered tickets are an issue from day 1, and it was clear it was never going to be a priority.

I understand insisting in order to solve a specific problem. I'd do the same. What I do not understand well is the point on speculating about how many BTC Avalon is holding on X address, and yelling about how it is possible they don't have some sort of customer support. They don't, they will not. We knew that in January. There are batch 1 customers that did not receive their units yet. Delays are a real possibility. Ordering chips is a gamble in itself and no easy task to manage.

So, it's pointless to brag about the obvious, and its more useful to focus on solving specific problems.

rudrigorc2
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 02:09:47 AM

Can we all please feel bad for Yifu for a moment? He got woken up in the middle of the night, because people who have given him nearly 10 million dollars without a word of response are getting uneasy. I really feel sorry for Yifu, it must be tough.

I saw the videos of the conference, and was satisfied for 60 days.

I don't need a minute-by-minute update, and fully support Yifu, and DO feel sorry for him, for having to tolerate the BS from individual orders.  I don't want to be a pain in his side.  I'm just hoping that my polite silence moves my order higher up in the queue.

Yifu, you know who's supporting you!  We won't tell, if you slip that order to the top of the pile! Cheesy

What is this post? ahahah really funny.
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2013, 04:18:05 AM

Thanks for the update, BitSyncom. We all sure appreciate it.

4. this forum is a giant waste of time, get back to coding,

Never stopped.

go outside,

OK, just did that

hug your mother,

Tomorrow I should have that sorted.

do something [ ... ]

Um, OK, that's a pretty broad request, but I'm on it.

So as soon as I complete all those missions I get my Avalon? Grin

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
DoomDumas
Legendary

Activity: 1002

Bitcoin

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 07:23:42 AM

If you will look at this list http://blockexplorer.com/q/nethash/2016 (difficulty history), you will find that on 5th of June there was difficulty increase for 3,452,220.98. That's new increase record, converted to terahashes - its equivalent to additional 25TH/s appeared in network.
And the previous increase record was two times less, only 1,848,179
Soo, I see only one explanation - most of Avalon 2nd batch ASICs are delivered

I dont think most batch 2 are delivered.. not so many have reported to have it in hand..

I'm still waiting for 2 batch 2 unit..

Wait for this weekend's communication from Avalon instead of going for hypothetic tought and histery..

Yes, I'm quite sad, as I beleived those 2 Avalon would be at my door step before mid april.  Goodbye ROI.. At least, I'll have some Gh/s soon !
DoomDumas
Legendary

Activity: 1002

Bitcoin

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 07:25:47 AM

Or ASICminer expanded their mining farm.

AsicMiner had expand a little bit the total power, and many of those 10 Gh boards have been delivered, some Jalapenos too, some Avalon Batch 2.. Maybe a/some major private mining operation has started too..

ph111

Activity: 270

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 09:10:10 AM

When hundreds or thousands of people rely on you it can get very stressful and he cant be bothered having to explain and i know how this feels, i think everyone should just chill its a gamble if you want quick results go to online casino..
BenTuras

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 07:40:13 AM

Could it be they sold the BTC address to for example Zuckerberg and have a deal about extra BTC coming in ?

I am selling in stock OneStringMiner boards, based on the Bitfury chips. Have a look here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=495536.0
Vycid

Activity: 336

♫ the AM bear who cares ♫

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 08:45:16 AM

Could it be they sold the BTC address to for example Zuckerberg and have a deal about extra BTC coming in ?

That is a reasonable interpretation of Yifu's comment "who says we control that address in the first place?", but honestly I think it's more likely that the TSMC order only cost them a couple million, and that they already had that cash on hand.

Rampion
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 08:47:20 AM

?

We have some users making heavy use of Silk Road in here

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: