Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:21:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Groupbuy] Jupiter KNCMiner (0.5 BTC shares) 12 sold! [CLOSED] !!!  (Read 32960 times)
tyrion70 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 934
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 09:16:24 PM

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick reminder to everyone; please enable 2-factor authentication at bitfunder. There have been reports of people having lost shares due to some cross-browser script. A fix has already been applied by Bitfunder to prevent this but still. Without 2FA you can only buy and sell shares but not transfer them to another user. This is for your own protection. This incident happened some time ago already but apparently some sites have news articles about it now.

Cheers!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Ukyo

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 10:40:38 PM

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick reminder to everyone; please enable 2-factor authentication at bitfunder. There have been reports of people having lost shares due to some cross-browser script. A fix has already been applied by Bitfunder to prevent this but still. Without 2FA you can only buy and sell shares but not transfer them to another user. This is for your own protection. This incident happened some time ago already but apparently some sites have news articles about it now.

Cheers!

We have even added some additional anti-cross-site scripting to help protect everyone from this, as well as a few other things and accidental resubmits.
I still advise everyone to enable 2-factor.

Cheers,
Ukyo
Kushedout
Legendary

Activity: 1123

SaluS - (SLS)

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 03:15:31 AM

I personally won't store any BTC on a site that does not offer 2fa.

tyrion70, thanks for the heads up. Its posts like this that gives me more confidence in your operation and proof that your guys are on top of things.

Ukyo, thanks for the quick remediation of the risk.

PeZ

Activity: 297

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 12:13:48 AM

I messed up the Weexchange 2-Factor authentication and now I am locked out of my account. I really don't like their user interface - it looks like it was thrown together in a rush.
PaJo2000

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 04:22:23 AM

Same here, i have also problem on Weexchange with 2-Factor. They have strange interface for that. Hope support will get me out of trouble, but i am already waiting for about 14 days Sad
Ukyo

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 02:58:54 PM

Same here, i have also problem on Weexchange with 2-Factor. They have strange interface for that. Hope support will get me out of trouble, but i am already waiting for about 14 days Sad

Well, now you tell me your having a 2-factor problem.
Your pm's only asked about the lockout message, and then stated you couldn't login. (Which is why I just responded to you asking if you recently enabled 2-factor.)

To fix a stuck 2-factor, do a password reset, and pm me the reset code. (Don't actually change your password.)
I will get it fixed up for you.

Also, WeExchange has a new website, and has been beta testing its new trading system that has huge BTC trading volumes and proper market prices available for CAD and AUD.
If anyone is interested, pm me. Smiley

-Ukyo
PaJo2000

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 06:18:55 PM

Account fixed, thx to Ukyo.
blastbob

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 11:42:02 AM

Latest news from KnC

https://www.kncminer.com/news/news-23

We have a short status update for everyone.

Shipping days
As most of you are aware we have added Day 1 or Day 2 to the orders which were based on pre-registrations. This is mostly complete now with only a few exceptions needing to be solved. Going forward we will add Shipping weeks to the other orders such as Week 1 or Week 2.  This will happen nearer the end of August so until then you can assume that shipment queue is based on payment date.

Chip progress
We get a lot of questions about where we are in the process of our production. We would like to assure you all that we are on track for the first shipment in September
The Chip manufacture is currently in production of the Chips and all other sub components that need to have been ordered at this stage have been.

Hosting
We have our final costs for hosting which will be 350USD per Jupiter per month with a 6 month contract as a minimum, We will only allow the Jupiter models to be housed in our secure location.
There will be a mining pool onsite that will charge a very low pool fee around 2%. Only hosting customers will be allowed to use our mining pool.
More information on the hosting will follow

Upgrade Modules

We will be adding to our shop the upgrade modules to allow customer who have purchased a Saturn to upgrade their order to a Jupiter. The same goes for a Mercury upgrade to a Saturn. These upgrades will be available in the next few days.

Bitrated user: blastbob.
jski

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 01:08:31 PM

Am I the only one who thinks the hosting price at KNC is kind of high!!!!
szmarco

Activity: 574

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 01:11:44 PM

no,It's not high. the power fee is the biggest part of the fee.
tyrion70 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 01:14:10 PM

It's around the same price we'll be paying in the Netherlands and I believe its actually a very competitive price.. Only the 6 month contract would be an issue I guess, but we don't have to worry about that Smiley

Cheers

jski

Activity: 97

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 01:29:12 PM

szmarco and tyrion please enlighten me. Why would a US hosting/mining company Terrahash( I dont want to say that to loudly) charge significantly less per month with a similar kind of box, I also seen other hosting sites charge less too, Is the electricity that expensive in Dutch country.

TerraHash DX Large: $50.00 per month/unit.

tyrion70 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 01:35:22 PM

szmarco and tyrion please enlighten me. Why would a US hosting/mining company Terrahash( I dont want to say that to loudly) charge significantly less per month with a similar kind of box, I also seen other hosting sites charge less too, Is the electricity that expensive in Dutch country.

Knc is located in sweden, but power in europe a bit more expensive than in the US i think..

However, its not 50$ but 150$ i believe:

4.5 GHash modular boards: $3.00 per month per board.
18 GHash modular boards: $10.00 per month per board.
TerraHash DX Mini: $30.00 per month/unit.

50 + 10 per board..

At that price even in the US I don't see anyone pulling that off without losing money. Maybe someone from the US can enlighten me, but 1280W == 952 KWh a month. In NL that alone would cost around €200 or $260..

You know what they say: if it sounds to good to be true...

szmarco

Activity: 574

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 01:38:41 PM

in most of months of a year,the heatsink power consumption≈ the unit power consumption. So you should double the power fee IMO.
PeZ

Activity: 297

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 11:31:59 PM

Still no response to my WeExchange problem.  Sad
tyrion70 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 09:13:35 PM

New KnC Newsletter:

It’s time again for another newsletter from us. Today’s newsletter will have the following sections

1.  Reseller agreement
2.  November Pricing
3.  Development progress
4.  Hosting update
5.  Pre-configuration options
6.  Upgrade removal

Reseller agreement

We would like to announce the beginning of our reward based reseller program. Anyone can become a registered reseller of our devices. The rewards are simple, for every 10 sales of one individual device you will receive one of the same items for free. For example, provide us with 10 Jupiter sales and we will ship you a complete Jupiter free of charge. Sell 10 Saturn’s and we will ship you a Saturn free of charge the same applies for Mercury devices.

It’s that simple!

To register as a reseller simply contact info@kncminer.com . We will then provide you with a reseller ID, and then all you have to do is get people to click on a special link in the format of

https://www.kncminer.com/?resellerid=xxx Where xxx = your reseller ID number.

You are free to advertise your own personal link on any site/forum/portal you wish. We will soon be providing an online report where you can view your sales, but for now please contact info@kncminer.com and we can provide you with a sales report.
We will also be providing sample banners and images shortly. All registered resellers will receive a copy of the banners when available.

November pricing

With difficulty increasing the way it is, we would like to give an indication of a November price drop. Currently all orders placed and paid for will ship in October, and yes, we still have space within October for more orders. However, as soon as this is no longer the case we will adjust our prices for November accordingly.

To give you an indication on the forthcoming price drop a Jupiter device will cost less than 5000 USD. More information will follow on this when October shipping becomes full.

Development progress

While we wait for the chips to finish production, we have some news on the development progress, and it’s good news. We have been continuously testing our design to get the best out of the chips. We would like to say, that while the spec of Jupiter will remain a guaranteed minimum 400 GH/s we can confirm that we are expecting to be over that mark by a considerable margin.

Hosting update
Hosting has become quite popular and we are filling up fast for September and October devices. Space is becoming limited, so for those of you wanting to host with us we recommend you order hosting as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.

Pre-Configuration Options

There has been a small update made to our webshop. You will now have the option to enter your Pool preferences with wallet address and/or worker Name ID. We would like to invite all customers who wish to preconfigure their devices to return to the site, login to our shop and enter your details. The new fields can be found under the “my account” page.For people with orders of multiple devices who wish to preconfigure, you can enter one [worker name] we will then add _[xx]  which will be automatically configured on all of your devices before they leave our factory. This means that all you have to do is plug them in and walk away.

Upgrade removal

For people wishing to take advantage of our current upgrade process you have one more week left, as of next Friday this option will no longer be available to any customers.

Thanks
KnCMiner team

tronsom

Activity: 63

www.coinangels.org

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2013, 01:57:04 PM

Any idea when "day1" shipping date is? Still august right?

CoinAngels is a group of entrepreneurs focused on helping launch and develop digital currency related startups.
www.coinangels.org | Donate. Invest. Advise.
blastbob

Activity: 602

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 02:12:56 PM

Day1 and Day2 seems to be September.. Rest is October. Hopefully we get some concrete dates in the next 2-4 weeks Smiley

Bitrated user: blastbob.
tronsom

Activity: 63

www.coinangels.org

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2013, 06:36:58 PM

Day1 and Day2 seems to be September.. Rest is October. Hopefully we get some concrete dates in the next 2-4 weeks Smiley

Thx for the reply!

CoinAngels is a group of entrepreneurs focused on helping launch and develop digital currency related startups.
www.coinangels.org | Donate. Invest. Advise.
hasher87

Activity: 686

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 08:19:31 AM

any thought of adding up hardware with non-knc stuff like hashfast/cointerra?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: