Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 07:41:27 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 68 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the risk of holding Bitcoin?  (Read 19135 times)
Drnice

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 10:21:50 PM

As I said in the title. I was interested in putting my money into Bitcoin because of the ever-increasing price.
But I want to know what the biggest risk is to hold Bitcoin?

I always say if you want to invest into bitcoin, make sure to invest what you can control when there comes a loss, in which will not affect your emotions. The price of bitcoin always fluctuate, it rises and drops. It's rise can be in hundreds and thousands so it is when there is a dip. No one can give you a straight answer, you just need to settle it with yourself.
ckorbba

Activity: 672
Merit: 144

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 10:25:32 PM

As bitcoin cannot disappear, the only risk (quite little) is a substantial drop in the price. But many people invested heavily so this scenario is quite unlikely.
Be sure you have a strong password to protect your wallet. This will help to prevent from having the value of your btc going to zero!
To date, a lot of resources offer Bitcoin wallets with multi-level protection methods and therefore I believe that Bitcoin has very good protection against scammers and from unsuccessful financial transactions. But first of all you need to beware of unsuccessful purchases and sales of Bitcoin at a relatively low price. but in that case, all the trade in crypto currency had and will have a huge risk. Either you win today or you lose tomorrow.
osasshem

Activity: 625
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 10:47:27 PM

The risk associated in holding bitcoin comes in two ways, either there is a drop in price (negative), or a rise in price (positive). And every investors and holders of bitcoin waits for the positive rise in price for a good profit.
KenChanYu

Activity: 1139
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 11:21:35 PM

The risk associated in holding bitcoin comes in two ways, either there is a drop in price (negative), or a rise in price (positive). And every investors and holders of bitcoin waits for the positive rise in price for a good profit.
well i think there is no risk in holding bitcoin i believe that holding bitcoin is feally profitable even if the price will go down it will always go back to the normal price  same as the past history in bitcoin.i believe that there are no negative feedback in holding bitcoin since  holding bitcoin is really a simply strategy that anyone can gain without hustle they just need a patience on holding in order for them not to panic in every droping of price.
Eternu

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 11:46:14 PM

As I said in the title. I was interested in putting my money into Bitcoin because of the ever-increasing price.
But I want to know what the biggest risk is to hold Bitcoin?
First and most important price of Bitcoin will not increse unlimitly, it can not. It will reach point which will be top point, and after that it could only go down. No one know when will we see top price, and if you begin holding in wrong moment... well you know what will happen. Other than that, I don't see any other things that you shold be aware of. My advice to you would be to have price in mind, and when you come to that price you sell.
DrGuns4Hands

Activity: 910
Merit: 550

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 11:50:42 PM

the only risk on holding btc for a long term is you could lose all the chances you can exchange your coins at high price but the advantages of it was if the price of it keeps increasing by year you could make a lot of money from itself. But as for my experience holding btc for a long term is more productive than panic selling.
black014

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

" SIMPLE BUT HARD WORKER"💪😁

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 12:04:59 AM

I think there is no risk of being a bitcoin holder for a long time. or if have there is a decrease in the value price of the bitcoin currency. even more risk is to invest in anonymous sites like cloudmining sites.
MWesterweele

Activity: 1372
Merit: 564

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 12:37:48 AM

I think that before investing in Bitcoin you should consider reading about Forex market and understand its logic, if you do so, I believe that you can understand by yourself the risks and potential of it. In addition if you invest with more than 6000$ it`s good to hold it but if you think to invest with less dollars I would recommend checking the alt coins for more profitable trade. But as most of the users have said nothin is guaranteed and if you fear from taking risks better don`t step here.
I think holding your bitcoin in long time is there possibility that lose its value or increase its value, because the value of bitcoin is an unstable and holding bitcoin might be better. Like with any investment, Bitcoin values can fluctuate. Indeed, the value of the currency has seen wild swings in price over its short existence.

▀█████████████████████
            ▀▀██████
    ▄▄
▀████▄▄  ▀████
  ▄████▄
▀█████▄  ▀███
 ████▀▀
   ▄██████  ▀███
████▀
   ▄████▀████  ████
████  ▄█▄
▀█▀  ████  █████
████▄████▀
   ▄████  ████
 ██████▀
   ▄▄████  ▄███
  ▀█████▄
▀████▀  ▄███
    ▀▀████▄
▀▀  ▄████
            ▄▄██████
       ▄███████████
████████████████████████████████████
FUN TOKEN
██████████████     ██████████████████████
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████
FreeBitco.in Adopts FUN Token for
Premium Membership Program
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████

▄
      ▀▄  ▀  ▄▀
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████████████
██  ▄▄▀█  ██ █  ██ ██
██  ▄▄▀█  ██ ██▄ ▄███
██  ▀▀▄█▄ ▀▀▄███ ████
█████████████ ▄▄▄ ▀▀█
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▐████▄▄
      ▄▀  ▄    █████▄
          ▀     ▀ ▀███
                    ▀
41M Users to Buy and Hold
FUN for Premium Benefits
.Learn More.
KwizatzHaderach

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 02:07:09 AM

Risks I can think of:

1. Risk will be coming from government hard handed regulation (banning bitcoin and other cryptos).
2. Rise of a new and better crypto than Bitcoin.
3. Too much forks that in the end diffuses bitcoin value.

kamBlanV

Activity: 441

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 05:11:17 AM

for now very little risk of losing Bitcoin.
but the biggest risk of losing Bitcoin is when the price drops dramatically.
maybe you will lose all your money.

Tamilson

Activity: 1022
Merit: 503

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 06:19:31 AM

I don't see any risk of holding bitcoin in short or in long term holding instead I see it more as an advantage as the more we hold the more its value will increase and we all know that right. Hold it as long as we can.

Yeah anything can happen to bitcoin as this is truly unpredictable, sure it can lose its value but big whales will never let that happen as they invested here a lot and the fact that they can somehow manipulated the price then take profit later on.

Happy Coding Life Smiley
nelsledma

Activity: 572
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 06:24:42 AM

The only risk is that bitcoin will experience correction before it get to another height.
I think there is no risk in holding of bitcoin because bitcoin is an investment and keeping your investment in your account does not has any risk rather it is good on the other hand, because the price of bitcoin is increasing day by day and I am sure that in the near future it will cross 5000 dollars and in the next few years there will be only currency which will be only bitcoin. Holding is better than selling. Holding is profitable and not risky.
Monnt
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 08:18:41 AM

Fear of holding btc, It may crash down to its original value because of its highly volatile, the second, it could be a big threat against theft or scam, The third , Im afraid bitcoins will be banned in our country.

Factors can be considered during holding bitcoin are losing of your keys wallet where all of your personal information data sheet has been erase or hacked and attacking system like virus. And one thing of holding bitcoin is when the time has a very low exchange value a big dump like i saidmakes it a double risk to you.
At this stage, and from research, even newbies should already understand the volatility level of bitcoin and how they can manage their emotions based on past experience once such situations arrive. It can be crazy but knowing what you are getting into before getting into it usually helps in any investment. Security is not really a huge risk if you know how to manage it.
Volatility is what attracts the investor and at the same time it is what frighten them but I suggest such people showing trust in bitcoin because this digital asset is capable of doing a lot.Whatever we are witnessing at the present can be considered as a trailer and the real picture is still to be released out. In the world of trading, patience and trust are the keys to success. Avoid panic selling out and do not follow others a lot.
fasdorcas

Activity: 798
Merit: 527

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 08:40:50 AM

the risk is if HODL the bitcoin in long term then the value derceases. every crypto the value hi and lo
In my opinion, there is no risk of holding bitcoin and that too for quite a long period of time if you are having control on your emotions. Risk will be there only in that case when you are bad in controlling your nerves at the tough situations. You need to remain cool and calm and you should have believe in bitcoin. Bitcoin will help you earn much more money than you ever expected to earn.
There is obviously no risk of holding bitcoin. The same risk that you will ever experience holding bitcoin is even worst in most of the altcoins which is high level of volatility. Bitcoin has proven itself stronger in so many cases and of course its support and market is stronger compared to any other coin which is what makes it more of a profitable investment.
Coffee2015

Activity: 258

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 08:59:41 AM

Uncertainty is the biggest point.
Uncertainty for its law,
uncertainty for it usabilit.

and the most important probably:
uncertainty for its price Smiley
osasshem

Activity: 625

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 10:30:50 AM

well i think there is no risk in holding bitcoin i believe that holding bitcoin is feally profitable even if the price will go down it will always go back to the normal price  same as the past history in bitcoin.i believe that there are no negative feedback in holding bitcoin since  holding bitcoin is really a simply strategy that anyone can gain without hustle they just need a patience on holding in order for them not to panic in every droping of price.

What you are saying is what I am calling the positive effect of holding bitcoin. Cause if you sell with panic you might not loss everything, but won't feel happy when the price exceed what you sold yours for.
Daimon88

Activity: 397

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 12:49:01 PM

if you take into account this year's rally for bitcoin it does seem like there is minimal risk involved. but holding btc is the same as holding any other currency, so the risk is the same. don't do the mistake of thinking that bitcoin is never falling and always rising.
Security is the main thing which is a big risk for me, because there are hackers who are ready anytime to attack your account and if they succeed all your hard earn money will be lost in second sand you cannot claim form anybody.

The blockchain controllers will not give any money although they are responsible for this tragedy. They should make the security system unbreakable and very strong that no one can reach be any means.
Japinat

Activity: 3010
Merit: 683

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 01:04:08 PM

There is a big risk of holding bitcoins because we don't hold the future, it's similar to gambling that you might lose or win in the end.
We bet based on our prediction and our prediction is based on our analysis, what I can see now is that bitcoin's potential is great as an investment due to big development that is happening now, more people will adopt and that makes bitcoin more valuable.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
nl247

Activity: 518
Merit: 145

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 01:15:30 PM

The biggest risk on bolding bitcoin is that it might happen that you may not get that much amount in returns that you used to buy because bitcoin value changes every second and let's suppose you buy 1 bitcoin at 5000$ and starts holding it and the price didn't go above 5000$ and it comes on 4500$ to 4800$ so at the time of selling you will wear the loss of 200-500$
And then I wonder why anyone would want to sell for loss if they understand what they are getting into the first place. Firstly, there is just one thing about bitcoin, it will most definitely rise back up, so selling for loss should not even be an option for someone who is holding for long time when you know that if you buy at a certain amount, even if it comes down, there is still a huge opportunity for it to rise up back in the next few days or even minute.
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 3775

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2017, 02:03:44 PM

Bitcoin hold was so risky in the past specially at 2015 Because bitcoin and all virtual currency have black future but now many sites start accept bitcoin and mining start to be hard all this make bitcoin now have future and low risk to hold it .  

Biggest winner who hold at 2014 and keep it till today
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 68 »
  Print  

Jump to: