Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 11:02:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the risk of holding Bitcoin?  (Read 19135 times)
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 02:55:03 AM

As we all know, bitcoin has no stable price. So it can any time have a great fall. But as its bitcoin it might surely recover. And other than this, there is really no other "RISK" of holding bitcoin. People who are using bitcoins should have patience. Otherwise when there might be not so good days for bitcoins, panic might just make things worse.
Honestly, asides the volatility risk of bitcoin and the fact that users are in control, therefore, if a little shit happens and bitcoin gets dumped pretty fast, then that is where the risk comes in and people panic.

I guess this is a normal thing right now with bitcoin and when you have some stuffs at the development phase, there is just no way you cannot experience a little bit of shaky feelings until one is sure there is a full adoption to the point that it would be hard for anything to ever happen.
roseybanez

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 04:07:00 AM

There are 2 big risks when you're holding Bitcoin:
- First: The volitale of Bitcoin can makes the price changing insane, today it's can be at 7k4$ and tomorrow maybe drop into 6k$. It's really hard to predict and that's why people are interesting about it. Just like gambling.
- Second: Bitcoin could loses the valuable if there're an invention of some new hi-tech system that can replace Bitcoin.
zeaderza

Activity: 896
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 06:04:08 AM

As I said in the title. I was interested in putting my money into Bitcoin because of the ever-increasing price.
But I want to know what the biggest risk is to hold Bitcoin?

The time you put your money into, its already one of the biggest risk. Because the value of Btc is unstable no one knows when it will fall or rise, it might gave us a hint when will the btc value change but its not always accurate. Plus your wallet security. Hackers are always around the corner.
If you are asking for the best source of income that must be giving you much of profits, but alongside security should be the 100% thing in it. Everything will be more than best then I am sorry to say, we don’t find that one in this planet earth. Bitcoin are amazing and no doubt in it. So risks are the part of game, we must easy with it. Play with less risks and more profits.
Aaroenz0r

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

Option Blitz

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 06:27:00 AM

The biggest risk is your fear. Generally, Bitcoin will go up in long-term, but in short-term, maybe it is fluctuated by some bad news or panic sell. The most important is that you have to trust in your choice.

ivanst776
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 09:34:47 AM

I think there is not a big risk when holding Bitcoin. Maybe, price falls down at some points, but in the long-term, Bitcoin will get profit to you.
There are risks, it is just that at this point in time with bitcoin going up then things are good, but it was not long ago when people were wondering if ETH was going to surpass it and if that was going to cause bitcoin to die, I know that sound ridiculous now but people were thinking that just a few months ago.
I also think the same way there is no any risk in holding your Bitcoins. We all know that it is presently most highly valued cryptocurrency indeed and the risk is actually losing them at first hand. It is expected to rise up to more than dollar 8000 in the next year therefore one should not use his BTC for the sake of earning more money via trading investment and other business manipulations.
Yanisumin

Activity: 648

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 11:54:14 AM

the only risk on holding btc for a long term is you could lose all the chances you can exchange your coins at high price but the advantages of it was if the price of it keeps increasing by year you could make a lot of money from itself. But as for my experience holding btc for a long term is more productive than panic selling.

This has become an issue for me too, but because I'm too afraid to sell my BTC, I've missed a lot of chance to take advantage of the up and downs of its price. But it can keep you going for another month because we know that the price will up again, BTC exchange feels so dangerous so I only choose to hold it for a long time.
And I don't have much amount of BTC to have a pretty good profit.

I think it risk may be easy to steal hackers and bitcoin prices that suddenly dropped its price

This would be a disaster in the world of blockchain and this is the end of it. Complete shutting of door to the code that once hailed unbreakable. This will be the biggest disappointment in history if that can happen.

Hanebel

Activity: 363

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 12:09:06 PM

The biggest risk is the vulnerability of the coin's price. You can lose a lot of money if the price of the coin will drop. Because usually the decrease is very big which sometimes can make you discourage or regret in investing to it. Also, the future is not that clear or very define due to some issues though I think bitcoin has a bright future.
xurestey

Activity: 53
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 12:40:42 PM

I am most worried that one day I will forget the private key of the bitcoin wallet. This is extremely dangerous. You will not be able to recover the bitcoin number if you lose the private key, it will lose permanently.
cryptojac17

Activity: 490
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 12:58:47 PM

The risk of holding bitcoin is you may get correction in price after the rise say like 20% max apart from that here is no risk at all. Schedule your buying and you should be fine. Bitcoin is still the best currency that ever was!

Many argue that bitcoin, like other currencies, has value only because people perceive it to have value. It is for this reason that many critics view bitcoin's price development. Despite bitcoin's impressive annualized return, the reality is that the currency is still in its infancy and no one knows whether it will really become globally accepted or whether it will eventually disappear.
Yeah holding BTC may have risk involve and you should have to be ready to any eventuality that may arise like the segwit that might cause panic to bitcoin community that they might force to dump their hoarding that would result to price decrease and  lost of trust. But if you should calculate the risk and ask, would you believe that the team working behind these would allow these to happen or if this eventually would happen do you believe that they don’t have contingency measures? In this situation, only those people who knows how to calculate risk will prevail and would prosper.

chimcoin

Activity: 168
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 01:30:09 PM

Most nations economy in the word has her currency struggling in value to other currency and bitcoin ,a digital currency has it own risk in our wallets.The risk in holding bitcoin is normal because if you hold bitcoin in long term there is the possibility of making profit, and there is possibility of a lost.
xKARELx

Activity: 420

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 02:35:48 PM

As I said in the title. I was interested in putting my money into Bitcoin because of the ever-increasing price.
I do not think that he will fall in the price ... I think the minimum risks are not worth bothering about it and worrying .. I think you still do not pozheleesh if once it was purchased ..
_noname_

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:00:34 PM

I do not think that he will fall in the price ... I think the minimum risks are not worth bothering about it and worrying .. I think you still do not pozheleesh if once it was purchased ..
according to my personal experience from last some years there is no risk in bitcoin holding because the rate of bitcoin is most probably increasing and in future it is more expected that price of bitcoin will increased more and more in future.
yvesp110

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 05:20:26 PM

the risk of holding bitcoin for the long term may be the price that suddenly goes down and rises with a long time so we will lose because the price has not risen yet
No this is not fear or risk attached to holding, as far as bitcoin is concerned, prices are always going up, although there are so downfalls coming always but that is just a way to go. Pumps and dumps are the matter of game and it happens whenever you are trading. This must be digested at the very start of trading that risks are there along with losses and profits. So hold more for better results.
streazight

Activity: 910

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 06:17:44 PM

If you want to invest your money to bitcoin it's better if its only the extra money or invest only you can afford to lose because they have possibility the price of bitcoin decrease . Because we don't know what actual price of bitcoin if it's increase the price or it will decrease. But I hope the price will increase so we can make more profit. More investor to come with bitcoin to increase more the price.
Every investment surely comes with this kind of tag. Never go all in!
Always leave some for unpredictable outcomes, most especially when the unthinkable happens. We can never know the peak of bitcoin right now, so apparently we are stalked somehow with holding for now until when we start seeing some real life usage and some pretty good balance in the value of bitcoin. Every investment comes with a risk, and bitcoin is not an exception.
crush

Activity: 260

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 06:44:29 PM

You may lose your private key and your coin will disappear, that's one thing.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
Eternu

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 08:23:56 PM

according to my personal experience from last some years there is no risk in bitcoin holding because the rate of bitcoin is most probably increasing and in future it is more expected that price of bitcoin will increased more and more in future.
So far price of Bitcoin has always gone up, and on that you and I both agree. Also I too agree that it is expected for price of Bitcoin to go even more up. But we must not forget the dark side of all this, and that there is small chance that holding Bitcoins could go south. No matter how small chance is, chance is a chance. So I guess that there is risk in holding Bitcoins, who knows what will future bring. If everything gone good up till now, it doesn't mean it will continue to do so. Just think about that...
turkandjaydee

Activity: 1456
Merit: 567

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 09:21:13 PM

I think the risk is about the price of bitcoin. because the price is fluctuating so you may lose your money value if someday in the future the price will drop. Beside that, bitcoin is digital money and the wallet is using internet so hacking is one of the risk.
djkyno

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 09:28:47 PM

The main risk is that the price go down and stuck in low level for long time, so the holders lose this way, or they find themselves forced to wait another long time until the price go up again.
But this is hard to happen nowadays, because actually Bitcoin is expected to keep increasing.
cryptoDARO

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 09:30:05 PM

The biggest risk of holding BTC is that you can lose it.
Of course, it depends on where you're keeping your coins.
ArIMy11

Activity: 519
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 11:56:06 PM

Are you serious ? It does not mean that the bitcoin orice is high it will remains high. What if right after you convert your money into bitcoib, bitcoin drop its price ? What if bitcoin disappear? What will happen to you ? No one will ever bring back your money. Are you now ready to lose all the money you have ? You are not sure about what will happen since bitcoin is not permanent. I have read a lot of topics like this and I wonder why you guys think about it. Just because the price is high you already forget some thing that might happen ? Just try to earn bitcoin if you want to have lot of bitcoin and converting your money is not the solution. There are lots of way.Campaign translation, mining faucet. Then after you have bitcoin you can invest. Cash it out or spend it when the price is high.

███    TWITTER     MOCKTAIL     WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                        FIRST SEMI-FUNGIBLE TOKEN ON BSC        SMART CONTRACT    ███
███  TELEGRAM       SWAP             PANCAKE      ███
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  

Jump to: