Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 02:15:40 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the risk of holding Bitcoin?  (Read 19135 times)
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 09:53:10 AM

Unless the Internet is disappeared or all countries in the world ban Bitcoin. There is no risk when hodling it.

This. Never stop hodling!

There's no risk in holding bitcoin and true that we shouldn't stop holding bitcoin. This is the most effective way of making an investment in these days. There's no way to gain this quick but only by investing to bitcoin. Thinking that earlier this year the price is $1,000 and now hello ten thousands bucks!! That increase is a real deal and this is why risk in holding bitcoin is the best risk to take.
South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 10:27:00 PM

Worst thing with Bitcoin:
Volatile;
No guarantee.
But that is not a defect of bitcoin, everything has the same problem you think you are safer just because you are holding bonds in your portfolio, well what do you think it is going to happen when countries begin to default on their loans? You are going to lose money as well.
javalemcgee

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 10:36:09 PM

Worst thing with Bitcoin:
Volatile;
No guarantee.
But that is not a defect of bitcoin, everything has the same problem you think you are safer just because you are holding bonds in your portfolio, well what do you think it is going to happen when countries begin to default on their loans? You are going to lose money as well.

The main risk is getting affected by a crazy trade volume and price volatility here. Try to see the price fluctuations taking place now, they're very dangerous and affecting all of the bitcoin holders and investors.
Blue2012

Activity: 182
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 10:39:24 PM

Unless the Internet is disappeared or all countries in the world ban Bitcoin. There is no risk when hodling it.
There is always a risk investing in online specially here in crypto currency even bitcoin has a good value and one of the trusted coin there is a risk involve if you invest, risk is a big possibility to disappear in one click no one controlling bitcoin no one knows what is the future of this currency that is why do not put all your assets here because there are no safe way in investment.
africa34

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

PlayYourBet.com - 100% Deposit Bonus Up to €2000

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 10:43:25 PM

i think there is an important problem in bitcoin, which is his security now and his future is worrying . Possibility to attack existing networks that process processes with Bitcoin.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄███████▀▄▀███████▄
▄██████████▄██████████▄
▄██████▀██▀▄▀██▀██████▄
▄███▀▄▀██▄▀███▀▄██▀▄▀███▄
█████▄██▄███▄▀▄███▄██▄█████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▀██▀▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▀▀▀▀▄██▄▀▀▀▀██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀███▄▄▄█████▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀
▀████▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
♦  LIVE SLOTS
♦  ROULETTE
♦  MANY MORE
[ BTC ] bitcoin ACCEPTED
█████████▄▄▄███▄▄
█████▄██████████▄
███▄██████████████
▄████▀▄▄▄█▀▄▄▄██
███████▄██████
▀▀▀███▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
██████▀▀████████▀
█████████▀▀████▀
CURACAO
LICENSED
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
salahfycl

Activity: 189

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 10:53:24 PM

i think there is an important problem in bitcoin, which is his security now and his future is worrying . Possibility to attack existing networks that process processes with Bitcoin.
yes the hackers is the big problem , If you invest in an anonymous identity , you risk losing your investments because of low liquidity or hackers' activity .

Smarty14392

Activity: 560
Merit: 286

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 11:41:40 AM

There are several types of risks you will be exposed to. I can justify each and every of them. But in order to stay positive. Lets just say you would want to look into the financial risks of it being devalued throughout the process.
There is no doubt in this fact that bitcoin is the best currency in the world right now and best investment as well. Bitcoin is the one which is all the time increasing in value and we all should understand this fact that bitcoin is the future of the world and people are working hard to garb bitcoin for their better future. Bitcoin is the best option for long term investment than gold and real estate.
arief89

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 11:51:47 AM

As I said in the title. I was interested in putting my money into Bitcoin because of the ever-increasing price.
But I want to know what the biggest risk is to hold Bitcoin?
Actually there is no risk of holding bitcoin as long as it is still accepted by some countries, one of the risks of holding bitcoin is the unstable bitcoin price, so if you buy bitcoin when it is expensive and sell it when it goes down you will lose.

jaaeeeyyyy

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 11:56:08 AM

The number one risk of holding a bitcoin is that instead of gaining profit you start losing your money because of deflation of price of bitcoin. It is given that bitcoin can increase rapidly but there is a lot of chances that it will decrease instantly. There is no accurate prediction that it would move one way up and no losing down.
CIN_N

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 12:20:58 PM

Market timing? Timing is very important to make profit from Bitcoin. You need to know when to invest and when to sell the volatile asset to earn profit.
kodes88

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 12:37:40 PM

Yes as long as internet access is connected, as long as the internet is not lost, bitcoin holding is a very good way for future savings. Because although the price of bitcoin up and down, but the average price will be higher. Things that can ruin our way of bitcoin holding are just the loss of the internet. So long as there is internet, just holding.
MoneyIsDebt

Activity: 642
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 07:59:22 PM

Yes as long as internet access is connected, as long as the internet is not lost, bitcoin holding is a very good way for future savings. Because although the price of bitcoin up and down, but the average price will be higher. Things that can ruin our way of bitcoin holding are just the loss of the internet. So long as there is internet, just holding.
I think risk is the part of the game and risk is every where in every type on investment and business and you can't do anything big without involving risk in it. In every investment you have face the risk, without risk it is not possible to find the gain from investment you are going. For me i don't really care or think about the failure or loss because for me it is the part of the game and you cannot make profit every time. Sometimes you have to face failure as well.
South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 09:54:30 PM

Bitcoin will become legit in all countries soon, so there are no risk of holding bitcoin. But make sure private keys safe, password safe when holding bitcoin.
That is a risk, there are always threads about people losing their bitcoins, there are even cases of people that held for a very long time and lost all their bitcoin in a single second so it is very important to protect our bitcoin, losing your bitcoin now will be very painful but knowing that it can reach a very high value in the future is going to make it even more painful.
syberwolfen

Activity: 790
Merit: 261

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 10:15:42 PM

Bitcoin will become legit in all countries soon, so there are no risk of holding bitcoin. But make sure private keys safe, password safe when holding bitcoin.
That is a risk, there are always threads about people losing their bitcoins, there are even cases of people that held for a very long time and lost all their bitcoin in a single second so it is very important to protect our bitcoin, losing your bitcoin now will be very painful but knowing that it can reach a very high value in the future is going to make it even more painful.

I appreciate you for posting something which some of us has gone through including me but most of us are least bothered about it as it is really important to safeguard our bitcoin as it happened with me because I used some random wallet to store bitcoin who even had a signature campaign and all of a sudden disappeared

Am I spamming? Report me!
bs9

Activity: 154

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 11:12:40 PM

As I said in the title. I was interested in putting my money into Bitcoin because of the ever-increasing price.
Bitcoin is a crypto currencey So any time its up or down.I think you need fullyfull control your emotion and self.When bitcoin price low you can buy and hold until you need money but donot sell it loss.
energycom

Activity: 172

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 11:14:51 PM

Bitcoin is a crypto currencey So any time its up or down.I think you need fullyfull control your emotion and self.When bitcoin price low you can buy and hold until you need money but donot sell it loss.

This is its own natüre, without those up and downs (price fluctuation) you can't earn money from bitcoin. This is the style people need to learn while trading bitcoin and also other coins. The risk is getting attacked by the big governments such as bannings.
steffi79

Activity: 69

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 01:19:05 AM

This is its own natüre, without those up and downs (price fluctuation) you can't earn money from bitcoin. This is the style people need to learn while trading bitcoin and also other coins. The risk is getting attacked by the big governments such as bannings.

and having the up and down scenario are taking the and lead people to have a chance to own the coin they wanted to have this was a movement cause if that may stock only for the stable price some people may loose their chances to have and own that coin specially for some people that are new in this currency.
purangko

Activity: 112

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 04:57:36 AM

Well, the most risky thing when holding a bitcoin is the fact that anyone can hack your wallet and stole all your money even you have full security on it. Hackers always make a way to access your private key once you accidentally post it on public.

weredo911

Activity: 270
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 05:05:10 AM

The risk of holding Bitcoin is nothing. Bitcoin always grow up in the future. Therefore, if you hold it for a long term. You wont have risks

I have pretended to be mentally retarded for seven years.
shariya M

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 05:50:42 AM

Bitcoin prices are really high there is a chance of downfall from this peek and the downfall will be really destroying...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  

Jump to: