Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 04:37:08 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the risk of holding Bitcoin?  (Read 19135 times)
gidaahmad

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 06:02:50 AM

Our risks as many Bitcoin holders. For example Bitcoin Prices down, Wallet Account or our Exchangers Account is hacked. All can happen, because we know, No system is safe.
Babatunde1989

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 06:21:54 AM

The risk may base on so many ways,a good example the price may drop at any time,system may also down at any time and all the data may vanished.
mininglegend1234

Activity: 154
Merit: 20

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 06:35:03 AM

It is not risky when holding Bitcoin in long time. Unless the Internet is cut in the world. The Bitcoin price always goes up and help you get money.
Risk always will be a part of crypto currencies, yet if you look at all time char everything looks positive. But risk is always there
I think you can see the current bitcoin prices on the market, bitcoin prices fall by more than 15% in recent days, that's the risk of holding bitcoin, whenever bitcoin prices can go down unexpectedly, I think the risk will get horrible if you do not have patience, do not easily panicked with the situation and market conditions like this, stay calm and do research first before determining the option to withhold, buy again, or cutlosse,,
The biggest risk and on the same hand the biggest advantage of bitcoin is thatthe price of bitcoin. because the price is fluctuating so you may lose your money value if someday in the future the price will drop. Beside that, bitcoin is digital money and the wallet is using internet so hacking is one of the risk. Fluctuation lead to graet profit for the good traders and loss for the bad traders.
South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 07:24:16 PM

As I said in the title. I was interested in putting my money into Bitcoin because of the ever-increasing price.
But I want to know what the biggest risk is to hold Bitcoin?
I think the biggest risk of Bitcoint is, when the bitcoin price is low, and we really need it, inevitably have to redeem bitcoin, redeem bitcoin in an unexpected time at a low price, that's probably the greatest risk.
But that is not an issue with bitcoin but with the investor, you cannot invest more money than what you can afford, many people invest everything in crypto or stocks only to have to cash out when their investments are down, it is more healthy to invest only what you can afford and keep and emergency fund.
ukelover

Activity: 84
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 07:05:24 PM

There are a lot of risk such as falling prices,  hackers,  and the volatility of bitcoin. But I also believe on the potential of bitcoin and the increasing value of bitcoin. And the future of cryptocurrency. 
clarkt

Activity: 658

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 03:06:46 AM

Bitcoin is unique and if you are holding bitcoin, you are in charge of your fund! It cannot get lost or expire. The only risk you face is keeping your bitcoin on exchange or any other place except your walllet  of which you should have your private key!

rejin29x

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 03:20:03 AM

I think no risk for holding bitcoin.because bitcoin now a famous virtual currency.many country already give legality.So I trust that bitcoin investment is risk free
boyrocky

Activity: 212
Merit: 10

“The Internet of Sovereignty”

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 03:21:12 AM

the only risk i see is as far as some other coin will dethrone it. May be ripple, may be ETH or may be BCH.

jinx029

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 03:27:58 AM

The only risk from holding btc from my point of view at this moment is that there will be a planet wide blackout and you won't be able to have access to it. Other than that, I only think that the sky is the limit. Or there are not limits at all?
dogz12

Activity: 210
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 03:52:42 AM

As I said in the title. I was interested in putting my money into Bitcoin because of the ever-increasing price.
I think it would depend on how much you are planning to invest. The bigger the amount would mean the bigger risk you will be taking and vice versa. I suggest you start small.
Daimon88

Activity: 397

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 04:57:04 AM

The biggest risk of holding of your bitcoin is,the sudden and unpredictable changes in its price.There was a time that you wanted to sell because of its increasing price,but then there were a chances of it will still go up.But the sad part is, it will fall.So it was the biggest sacrifice on holding  back.
There is always risk involved in the business as it is the basic phenomena to face some risk in keeping the coins for longer term but in present circumstances one may not bother about risk as it has become very popular among investors and it has great demand in the market so it indicates that it has the potential to jump again as compared to other coins of the market so it can be concluded that one should not be worried too much.
geopolisch

Activity: 1022
Merit: 511

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 11:56:59 AM

The risk in bitcoin is that your not sure what could really happen. You will end up just guessing as to what your investment will be in the end.
You have to face such risk if you want to succeed in your life because each and every type of investment demands risk. Bitcoin will not go down because most of people are investing their money in it so there is a chance of risk but a very little bit. Investing your money will give you huge profit and it will be easy for you to earn money at home and at less effects.

Anyhow, this is all becomes beneficial when you once started gaining experience in it and will take you to other world of happiness and peace. 
FairUser

Activity: 1344
Merit: 264

bit.ly/3QXp3oh | Ultimate Launchpad on TON

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 12:17:55 PM

well, everyone making money and want to make money by holding in trading, more keep holding is risky like coin theft or loosing coin in trading lot of people are taking high volatility usually people hold it until the price not come up and ones the price's up they sold it same think i am doing so ones price is up should sell it.

TONUP██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄███████▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████▄░▄▄▀█████▀▄████▄
▄███████▄▀█▄▀██▀▄███████▄
█████████▄▀█▄▀▄██████████
██████████▄▀█▄▀██████████
██████████▀▄▀█▄▀█████████
▀███████▀▄██▄▀█▄▀███████▀
▀████▀▄█████▄▀▀░▀█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀█████▄
▄██████████▀▀█████▐████▄
██████▀▀████▄▄▀▀█████████
████▄▄███▄██▀█████▐██████
█████████▀██████████████
▀███████▌▐██████▐██████▀
▀███████▄▄███▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████▀▀███▀▀███▀▀██▀███▄
████▀███████▀█▀███▀█████
██████████████████████
████▄███████▄█▄███▄█████
▀████▄▄███▄▄███▄▄██▄███▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
JOIN NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
muhsyakir

Activity: 120

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 02:00:46 PM

the risk for you while holding bitcoin is when bitcoin prices suddenly drop drastically and you invest all your money into bitcoin, I'm sure this is a risk to everyone who invests in Bitcoin and of course you have to be ready...
HV3S

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 05:43:48 PM

there is always a risk on all types of investments. In the case of bitcoin you never know what can happen because bitcoin is very unpredictable and has an unstable or unstable market. And bitcoin prices depend on the demand for bitcoins from people and investors so that if other coins appear and become popular than bitcoin prices will definitely go down. I think by follow up bitcoin news it can reduce the risks
deddod

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 11:40:57 PM

Within 5-10 years of holding bitcoin I think the risk of loss will be very small.
That's because bitcoin became famous and became a trend in the field of economy and technology.

▄█▄
   ██▀  ▄█▄
  ██▀  ▄█▀  ▄▀
 ██▀  ▄█▀  ▄▀
▐█▌  ▄█▀  ▄▀
██   ██  
██   ██  
██   ██  
▐█▌  ▀█▄  ▀▄
 ██▄  ▀█▄  ▀▄
  ██▄  ▀█▄  ▀▄
   ██▄  ▀█▀
    ▀█▀
████
▀▀▀▀
▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████████▐████
▀▀     ▄▄▄▄▄▀██████████▐████
▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████▀ ▀▄▄▄     ▐████
▀▀     ▄▀███▄▄▄▄       ▐████
▄▄   ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▐████
▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀██████████████▐████
▄▄   ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▐████

▀▄▄▀▀▀  ██████           ▐████
██████▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▐████

▄▄  ████▀▄██████████▐████
▀▄▄▀▀▀▀ ▄████████████▐████
BIDIUM       ▄█▄
   ▄█▄
  ▀██

▀▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
 ▀▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
  ▀▄  ▀█▄  ▐█▌
   █   ██   ██
   █   ██   ██
   █   ██   ██
  ▄▀  ▄█▀  ▐█▌
 ▄▀  ▄█▀  ▄██
▄▀
  ▄█▀  ▄██
   ▀█▀
  ▄██
       ▀█▀

Btc_1856

Activity: 1540
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 02:26:40 AM

I think for holding you need to face some risk until the price of coin increases. When the price of coin is decreasing holding is the best option and once the coin increase you can sell them anytime when ever you need for liquidity.

ausbit
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 07:46:31 AM

The Biggest risk to hold. If the bitcoin is, you lose all your profits. Bitcoin price is not stable it might increase and decrease. Our wallets can be a hack or might affect our mining computer.  Before start investing in the bitcoin, you should always be prepared to lose your money.
Well, IMO the biggest risk of holding a bitcoin is that it is an internet thing .I mean a digital one and it totally relies on internet so this makes it a little bit untrustworthy. It is not very easy to hack big exchanges and honestly most of the time inners are involved. You cannot easily trust anyone and this is not the problem with the Bitcoin only. This is the case with all finance related things.

spring07

Activity: 140

0x5A165891De2a2c8B82c7De19486277e0d5b644DF

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 02:52:25 PM

By now you should as well know that the biggest risk in holding any crypto currency, not just bitcoin alone, is to wake up one day to discover your portfolio is reading zero.
Brace up for any eventuality.
Simon pasco

Activity: 76

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 03:44:03 PM

the only risk of holding a currency is not knowing how to sell it at the right time, but on the other hand you never go to the lowest and never go out to the top, so it's always less risk of holder rather than day trader
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  

Jump to: