Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:53:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling Bitcoin  (Read 3002 times)
ToyMonster

Activity: 65
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 03:23:16 PM

Bitcoins are never reliable in any situationss better avoid them
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
LordDisick

Activity: 322
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 09:10:22 PM

I'm a week into this whole bitcoin thing so be easy on me. I wonder why you would ever sell a BTC ... For example: you buy 100 dollars worth of BTC but the price drops drastically. Why would you sell it when its that low? You KNOW it's going to go up again. You could wait a month (for example), the price will be up again. Or am i totally wrong here?

That's one of the many mistakes beginners are doing. Because of panic they immediately sell their bitcoin without realizing that the price will rise up again so they never gained anything from the bitcoin they bought. As for me the only reason why I sell my bitcoin is because I really need fiat that time.
yana0901

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 12:41:39 PM

Before you start investing you need to thoroughly study all the materials to watch the video talk with experienced people and only then start.
ilyashpakin2015

Activity: 45

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 02:30:09 PM

Bitcoin should be loved. Because it can be well earned on it and go somewhere trite.
biboy

Activity: 406
Merit: 110

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 03:30:39 PM

I'm a week into this whole bitcoin thing so be easy on me. I wonder why you would ever sell a BTC ... For example: you buy 100 dollars worth of BTC but the price drops drastically. Why would you sell it when its that low? You KNOW it's going to go up again. You could wait a month (for example), the price will be up again. Or am i totally wrong here?

That's one of the many mistakes beginners are doing. Because of panic they immediately sell their bitcoin without realizing that the price will rise up again so they never gained anything from the bitcoin they bought. As for me the only reason why I sell my bitcoin is because I really need fiat that time.
Do not get mad to them that is why they are newbie it means that their knowledge was not yet enough and their experience as well, so don't hate but instead teach them how to do it that they should not panic all the time since we have proven enough that bitcoin is as stable as what we are thinking.
icopir

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 04:51:30 PM

Many people ask this question when the price of bitcoin decreases and very often give way to panic and in a hurry they sell it, you need only a little patience
helen28

Activity: 453
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 05:11:35 PM

Many people ask this question when the price of bitcoin decreases and very often give way to panic and in a hurry they sell it, you need only a little patience
Well, here in forum it is  just that the word patience has been always missing, they do panic always they don't realize what they are missing when they are selling their coins at just 5-10% increase in price, and/or selling at 5-10% dump. They don't realize what could be their profit when they don't panic at all.
usam_coiner

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 06:03:44 PM

Well, here in forum it is  just that the word patience has been always missing, they do panic always they don't realize what they are missing when they are selling their coins at just 5-10% increase in price, and/or selling at 5-10% dump. They don't realize what could be their profit when they don't panic at all.
selling is your own decision but the right time has not come yet it will come soon and people who sell in panic time they often regret in the time when other will be acquiring profit from bitcoin and i am sure bitcoin itself never give anyone loss.
nelsledma

Activity: 572
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 05:53:04 AM

You're right. The truth is, no one knows for sure whether bitcoin will continue to rise. The price is now $9,600.

It's mainly because there's a lot of volatility in bitcoins, so long as you make money in your investments, that's right.
Don’t worry brothers there are huge chances for bitcoins to conquer the economics of world. Although there is no surety about it but what bitcoins have shown in previous time and how beautifully they have made the lives of people better, this easily shows bitcoins will be leading us in financial world in coming times. The future is all about bitcoins and their variants.
nightfury

Activity: 392

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 07:38:08 AM

Although you are just a week in bitcoin, at least, you already know the nature of bitcoin being volatile. You got a good question of why sell bitcoin if its market price go down? What you are pointing out is to HODL bitcoin and wait for a better price rather than selling it on a cheaper and losing price.

██████████████████████ ▀▄ Platio ▄▀ ██████████████████████
[TELEGRAM]│Smart Banking Ecosystem for crypto, fiat and│[FACEBOOK]
[TWITTER] │stocks, based on EOS blockchain technology │ [MEDIUM]
Heyyyrenz

Activity: 308
Merit: 267

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 12:27:17 PM

You're right. There are some people in the trading platform who doesn't know what they're doing or maybe they have their own reasons why they're selling their bitcoin when the price drops so here are some of the reasons i know why they're selling their bitcoin.

1. Panicking - They're panicking about their lost. This is the most common mistake of the newbies in the trading platform they're panicking and selling their bitcoin when the price drops.
2. To cut their loses - They sell their bitcoin to cut their lost. They don't want to lose a large amount and choose to sell it right away while the price is dropping low.
3. They don't have enough knowledge - They don't have enough knowledge about bitcoins price, If they don't research about bitcoin they will think that it will not going to recover. And ending up selling their bitcoins.

All the reasons i stated comes from my observation, threads i read and my own experience.
Alex3601

Activity: 52

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 01:27:14 PM

Yes you are right, people may sell their bitcoin in less value time because may be they think that its price will go more down and will have to face more loss. So they sell them in less value and don't wait for the price rise. But it is profitable to hold the bitcoin when the value is less.

Selling the BTC or not selling it, well no one could take someone's decisions but we have to faced the fact that here is we talk about fiat so keep in mind that we're just spending money. I think it is not bad to sell bitcoin if it is in higher price or just keep holding it when it is in lower value.
Umar001

Activity: 308
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 01:28:37 PM

Selling your bitcoin, is all depends on you, if you are in any financial pressure, or indebted to someone, what not selling to upset your debt, but if you are not in any financial, why panick selling? There is alot of chance that the price of bitcoin going high
liivii

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 01:41:14 PM

Selling your bitcoin, is all depends on you, if you are in any financial pressure, or indebted to someone, what not selling to upset your debt, but if you are not in any financial, why panick selling? There is alot of chance that the price of bitcoin going high

It's a nonsense idea to sell your bitcoin in this time just because you the price gradually drop, panic selling is a bad bad move and those people who did it means bitcoin is not for them. But if an emergency situation happens and you badly needs money that is the right time you must sell your bitcoins. There maybe many price decrease than increase these past few months but it doesn't mean bitcoin will fall down rather its improving and needs more development.
naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 05:43:46 PM

Yes you are right, people may sell their bitcoin in less value time because may be they think that its price will go more down and will have to face more loss. So they sell them in less value and don't wait for the price rise. But it is profitable to hold the bitcoin when the value is less.
I really wonder when a lot of people talk about selling like they really do not understand a single thing about what they have invested in. Every long term investor should know by now that they are investing in the future and that is what really matters. In the long run, the value of bitcoin will definitely increase more than what we have now and by then some would be wishing for this value just as some of us are wishing we would have been happy getting at $1.
Tukang Becak

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 06:21:44 PM

Before you start investing you need to thoroughly study all the materials to watch the video talk with experienced people and only then start.
Yes it is true, and we must understand that decentralization system like bitcoin is very volatile and hard to guess, when we invest bitcoin then the first thing we must understand is ready if all money is lost, and if we understand with this then we will not panic when the price drop and are willing to wait for a long time until the target price is met.
Zlatna Kopa4ka

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 08:56:46 PM

You could be right but, I'll answer as you questioned. If I purchase 100 bitcoins and the price drastically drops, and I wait a month and its still down I would hold the bitcoins because I see the vision and future with cryptocurrencies. I am definitely holding everything that I have invested!
hynext

Activity: 350
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 03:24:05 AM

They selling their bitcoin because they need money or debt but not at all. The others is panic seller they don't think that bitcoin may rise again if they hold it longer. Buying and selling is a business so make your strategy and set goal. I know setting goal is very easy to say but not easy to do, more careful to your action and your emotion.
amaydel

Activity: 448

DOMINIUM - Decentralised property platform

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 04:28:04 AM

You're totally right. If most of the newcomers will have a mindset like you, then the crash of bitcoin will not be as bad as what we have seen lately because everyone that panic sell their bitcoin contributes to the drastic drop of bitcoin's market price.

D O M I N I U M      │    PRE-ITO WHITELIST is OPEN   [ REGISTER NOW ]    │        WHITEPAPER 
Decentralised, regulated, property financing, property listing and property management platform
♦     ANN THREAD     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     TELEGRAM     YOUTUBE     MEDIUM     LINKEDIN     INSTAGRAM     ♦
hacekd

Activity: 294
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 05:05:14 AM

Nothing is sure , traders from one side are afraid that bitcoin price goes down , and from the other side , it's something like strategy to  avoid loosing what they earned
You wish make profit but "not to loose capital " is more prior
This decrease is not like the decline in the crypto currency in general. Typically, crypto currency rebounds after several sessions. lastly, bitcoin dropped five consecutive weeks in September, and earlier in July.

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X           [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: