Bitcoin Forum
June 06, 2024, 06:19:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: why so many currencies?  (Read 3018 times)
rayans

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 08:56:25 AM

I think many currency because it's have a future. But I am confused good or bad future  Huh Huh Huh
xAnima

Activity: 69

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 09:02:08 AM

Of course there are many Cryptocurrencies and this is due to the fact that Blockchain is being used on the daily and being integrated into different Platforms. Cryptocurrency is what we use in those platforms so that it can run and sustain its operations.
birzh0

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 10:13:11 AM

Hi All,
Please help me understand in plain English how will we benefit from so many currencies?
I see so many startups with decentralized blockchain ideas with their own crypto currency.
Today I purchased oatmeal directly from a mill at their website.
This mill sells its products thru grocers and other online stores as well.
They probably gave 3% to the credit card company, which they could reduce by using blockchain.
But if every store and every business starts creating their own currency, then I will have to go thru an exchange to convert BTC or ETH to that coin to make some purchase.
Then we would need miners to process all those transactions in various coins.
Why can't they just use ETH? Just like all IPOs use dollars.
Thanks in advance
this is one of the reasons why the future of such lot number of tokens is meaningless. i think in few years there will be limited number of tokens, not like now in coinmarket Grin
janaiz

Activity: 169
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 11:48:45 AM

Hi All,
Please help me understand in plain English how will we benefit from so many currencies?
I see so many startups with decentralized blockchain ideas with their own crypto currency.
They probably gave 3% to the credit card company, which they could reduce by using blockchain.
But if every store and every business starts creating their own currency, then I will have to go thru an exchange to convert BTC or ETH to that coin to make some purchase.
Thanks in advance

Nowadays, it is because individual nations want to be able to control their own monetary policy, simplistically, the rate of growth of the supply of money, for the purpose of economic growth and/or stability. This becomes much less effective if several distinct economies are forced to use the same policy. It's like if New York City and Albany were forced to spend their city budgets the same way.
Kopceak_MD

Activity: 366
Merit: 14

Investment

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2018, 03:16:47 PM

I think that most of the tokens will die out in the near future, they will not survive cryptocrysis, which will come very soon
Minerall

Activity: 235
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 07:26:34 PM

There are not so many cryptocurrency but i have understood your point. There should be a check and balance for these cryptocurrencies to maintain the quality of the market.. But what can we do? It is a free world to live.
meowskie

Activity: 38

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 05:24:58 AM

That currencies have different in decimal point but have the same value with bitcoin. Maybe it can be useful in the near future.
inquirybanjoE

Activity: 32

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 01:35:47 PM

Every one is here to care for his own benefits only. They think of theirselves only. So they enforces own currencies.
oxygensignatureR

Activity: 34

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 05:44:05 PM

Not all are currencies but most of them are tokens having lesser values than that of currencies. The tokens refer some offers and values only.
cryptobdcu

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 05:49:43 PM

Hi All,
Thanks in advance

You have to hodl crypto currency in terms of their use case in real life,as there are lots of shitcoin means someone need to be rational to know which coin will be use in real world
cryptobdcu

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 06:50:57 PM

Every one is here to care for his own benefits only. They think of theirselves only. So they enforces own currencies.

Well-said,but not all,
you have to decide yourself,I think   self-research of ico and coin is best in crypto,although you can combine others suggestion but not blindly as there are spammers and scammers too  Wink
Peetxvg1

Activity: 17

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 08:22:33 AM

Beocuse it is trend to have own cryptocurrency Cheesy And on ERC20 it is easy to make some
NENL

Activity: 12

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 09:41:40 AM

I think, to unify a common currency around the world, it takes time, in addition to unification will face many difficulties, because many countries do not accept bitcoin. Because the purchase of goods in bitcoin currency is very difficult for both buyers and sellers.
Kertmu

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2018, 10:37:27 AM

I think this is just the beginning, with more currencies every day, and soon they can be used on equal terms with the dollar, euro or yen.
ngoisao

Activity: 16

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 12:12:15 PM

Simply if there is only one bitcoin, there will not be any trading platform sprouting up,
Types of guest altcoin are born only to make the background for bitcoin and they use them to make a profit.
It is the same as the name of the stock in IPO, so the value will also change over time.
fenzuijk

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 01:29:14 PM

With so many cryptocurrencies, I think it is normal, and it also shows everyone's recognition of it, because if there are only a few people who agree, it will not produce so much. So you need to seriously choose, choose those who have more participants, are generally better.
imran008

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 02:06:00 PM

this is what I have tried to show people in the community, we will not know by the way the form benefits from having multiple currencies. It will not help others that we have many altcoins who can do this, but not used by anyone. If all these people gather behind Bitcoin and give news of time for Bitcoin.
petyang12

Activity: 352
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 06:45:31 PM

Most altcoins are all erc20 or base on ETH. Altcoins may be useful in some other ways if their altcoin has a goal that is helpful to the economy. Some altcoins are shitcoins that won't be used by people. Some made altcoins for those people who can't afford bitcoin, in some other ways they use altcoins for smaller business to earn profit.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▄ ▀▀▀▄     T F S     ▄▀▀▀ ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Move Your Game To The Next Level
[    TG GROUP    ]  [  TG CHANNEL  ]  [     TWITTER     ]  [     MEDIUM     ]
cryptocurrencysamurai

Activity: 7

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 10:19:28 PM

With more currencies we get more experimentation, they each get to try out different ways of doing things
Also, once another coin experiments, if its a success, it can be added into any other coin,
this is the beauty of open source code
ershovspa

Activity: 144

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 11:09:58 PM

Hi All,

Devs will.
There are too many currencies because it's very easy to make one, basically anyone can do it, and the devs get fast money.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: