Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:44:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Gold Mining  (Read 18731 times)
stash2coin

Activity: 108
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:40:58 AM

BTG is trading on yobit , but be warned you may loose money. BTG is forming as a scam at least there should be good indications before investing into it.

They removed all their post from twitter and their main page is down for now which is not good indication.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bummm

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 01:51:27 PM

Major exchange Bittrex say thay there is no open code, so nobody will add this coin to exchange due to big risk of hack atack or something like this.
So now what I saw not good at all...
SaShaDelas

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 02:22:17 PM

So, is the mining started yet?
NO!! say that it starts on November 1, maybe later
but i'm still I think that this is a failed campaign

We'd be lucky to see a working wallet to claim our 1:1 BTG by then. All BTG has accomplished up until now is crashing the alts.
I strongly doubt that the course of the BTG will be high, and as soon as it starts to merge,  it will still go well and in the end of BTG
adealegas

Activity: 37

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 02:23:54 PM

what is the difference of bitcoin gold to bitcoin? and how can we had BTG?

Since it's a fork, you got bitcoin gold "for free" if you had regular bitcoin in your wallet yesterday. That's why bitcoin's market was so bullish these last days.
TheNightBird

Activity: 9

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 03:37:31 AM

Careful it's a scam, they tried to get an ICO at first to pre mine 16000 block /200 000 btg which they are currently doing don't fall for this go check their website from before they annonce

https://web.archive.org/web/20170831032225/http://btcgpu.org/
bitfools

Activity: 112
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 06:09:26 AM

Major exchange Bittrex say thay there is no open code, so nobody will add this coin to exchange due to big risk of hack atack or something like this.
So now what I saw not good at all...

There's CODE, its just the normal BITCOIN-CLONE that doesn't compile or work

Only an expert can make it compile, it breaks, there is no seednode, there is no wallet or replay

There is nothing, there isn't even a working block-chain, all there is a WEBSITE, and a few russian exchanges are trading the virtual coin.

The fact that this 'fork' was so well promoted, and that it locked up BTC for 24 hours shows that some super higher power of butt-fuckery is involved in this SHIT-COIN.

All WEBSITE and NO SOFTWARE, where have we seen this before?

This is what happens when a CHINESE ASIC HW  firm decides to ICO a GPU BITCOIN, you get BTG.
MEEMxyz

Activity: 18

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 08:02:20 PM

Trying to mine via the instruction at
btgmine.org

I get this error:
+-------------------------------------------------+
|         EWBF's Zcash CUDA miner. 0.3.4b         |
+-------------------------------------------------+
INFO: Used config file: miner.cfg
INFO: Current pool: us1.btgmine.org:3032
INFO: Selected pools: 1
INFO: Solver: Auto.
INFO: Devices: All.
INFO: Temperature limit: 90
INFO: Api: Listen on 127.0.0.1:42000
---------------------------------------------------
ERROR: Stratum subscribe timeout

I assume that is because mining is still not active, right?

Also, is there now a "Core" full node software to use, or still only Android/iOS wallets?

Thanks!
ryanyulinruan

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

Just another Canadian Cryptocurrency enthusiast!

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 08:06:58 PM

From what I heard, it becomes active formally on November 1st. It's supposedly ASIC proof, so people with antmienrs and Avalons can't mine it unless they use their GPUs.
But... considering their removal of posts on social media, their crashing and downed website, and a lack of source code according to some exchanges, I wouldn't invest too heavily here for the time being. Of course, that's just me ^^

Donate BTC here: 1MW9aJeXcVygR93zGrCrBAqaAZLoVSd9z
virasog
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1159

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 08:31:58 AM

Honestly, the whole gold thing is a little sketchy. Bitcoin Cash released at the perfect moment to appear to be a full forking, this one is coming out of the stalls early, wanting BTC private keys in exchange for something that may or may not have value, and may or may not be heavily pre-mined. The whole thing is confusing as far as security and I would do nothing more than mine some coins, not exchange or buy in for at least two weeks.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
tevayo

Activity: 620
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 11:24:51 AM

It can be mined by using your GPU.  Although it might very electricity consuming.  As the amount you mined is very less value than the amount of electricity you will spend to mine it.. Gpu system is using is easy but it consumes so much energy.  The amount of electricity used to obtain a fraction of it is more valuable than the price of the bitcoin gold.  Bitcoin Gold is firm bitcoin fork.  Cryptocurreny are changing the world.  New cryptocurreny are been launched with more benefits and less disadvantages.
miakama

Activity: 69

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 12:05:54 PM

Careful it's a scam, they tried to get an ICO at first to pre mine 16000 block /200 000 btg which they are currently doing don't fall for this go check their website from before they annonce

https://web.archive.org/web/20170831032225/http://btcgpu.org/

I think they changed it to 100,000.
Plant Power

Activity: 41

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 02:26:59 PM

Agreed, this sounds great in theory but in reality there's still very little to show after the fork.
BTGhash

Activity: 3

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 02:33:56 PM

I think it will really depend on the developer team, how they will promote their product.
They got great brand association with bitcoin, but for now it is just another coin on EquilHash.
No difference with ZEN/ZEC/ZCL etc
The only difference if adaptive network difficulty which means you can earn more if no one will mine it.
But still not sure how they implement it. But i want to believe in them thats why I'm launching pool to mine BTG btghash.com
Oakey22

Activity: 488
Merit: 322

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 04:33:30 PM

It looks like a scam to me, i have yet to see code and a working wallet. Some big money has been poured in to this with the recent BTC spike which is a shame. Lots of people are going to get scammed by this.
Kartaba

Activity: 276
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 06:50:27 PM

If there is no wallet and we cant see actual replay protection being implemented then i think its best just to watch the show from a distance.
TheHas

Activity: 616
Merit: 167

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 02:21:12 AM

Honestly if their main selling feature is that it is 'asic proof' then really it needs to do more.

You want asic proof? Try vertcoin, pretty much any equihash coin like zcash, even ethereum which will likely go POS next year before asics become a problem.

I'm really not sure of the long game for bitcoin gold. My guess is that their main hope is that the 'free' bitcoin gold people got from having regular bitcoin is to try and get people hyped for it and use it, even though there is already bitcoin cash and a bunch of other altcoins that are asic resistant. Also they are probably hoping the name 'bitcoin' will help keep it relevant.

But hey, I could be wrong, we'll see.
trickyriky

Activity: 882
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 04:54:47 PM

In fact, Bitcoin Gold will not differ much from the usual bitcoin. The main difference is to give the opportunity to dig up coins to miners who use video cards as opposed to large pools built on ASICs. That's why another name for "gold" is Bitcoin GPU.
Mattthev

Activity: 966
Merit: 359

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2017, 04:59:47 PM

So tomorrow start BTG mining? Is it still valid date?

Mining Bios with Performance Timings 👍 Mining-Bios.euPBE 1.7PBE 3 PRO👌⛏│AFFILIATE system 10% ref 💰💲BTC│👉 XMR-AEON-STAK 🔝⛏ Monero V9 (CNv4) ✅│XMRig AMD🔝⛏ CNv4 ✅
FIAT from BINANCE to REVOLUT 💳│🚀Upcoming/Active ICO list📈🤑│👉Free Bitcoin BTC Faucet💰💲│Guides:RX 470/480/570/580, VEGA Bios Mod Tutorial - SRB, PBE 💰💲│PBE.eu
CRYPTO to FIAT BTC💲💳│ How to Mine XMR/RYO and CN coins + Miners Downloads💰⛏│Guides:How to Mine AEON💰⛏
monerobiosedit@gmail.com│✅Did I help you? Give me some +Merit 🤜🤛👌
killerelite

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 05:24:15 PM

Correct me if I am wrong but Still no details about Bitcoin gold mining , kinda disappointed
Well just 1 day till 1st nov , Just have to wait and see
In my opinion this coin had some potential but these delays and lack of communication/announcements might just kill the coin Sad
BTCBTCBTC
sponge

Activity: 7

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 01:17:48 AM

Correct me if I am wrong but Still no details about Bitcoin gold mining , kinda disappointed
Well just 1 day till 1st nov , Just have to wait and see
In my opinion this coin had some potential but these delays and lack of communication/announcements might just kill the coin Sad
BTCBTCBTC
Ther is "bitcoinz"... if kicks on nVidia, specialy on 1080Ti... Bitcoinz is like BTC Gold, but without a scam!!!
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: