Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 05:31:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is an asset or currency.  (Read 8511 times)
saqibmunir

Activity: 267
Merit: 110

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 01:00:11 PM

For me bitcoin is both as an asset and also an currency but now the price of bitcoins is increasing very rapidly it is the advantage that it can be used as both.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iyan33

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 02:24:19 PM

Although bitcoin is created as a digital currency but because of the functionality and specialty of this bitcoin can certainly turn it into the most valuable commodity so almost everyone in the world is working hard to be able to get bitcoin with their various efforts. certainly a way that doesn't harm others.
tranquangvinh

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 03:33:57 PM

I think bitcoin is a asset rather than a coin . Bitcoin's value keeps on increasing recently with no limit in sight , bitcoin will increase
 year by year  and you will not know how much it increases . Some people have speculated the bitcoin will be $ 10k in 2017 .
I think bitcoin is an asset, property can rise in price. For example, if you buy a house, the house is an asset, the property will
 increase in value as the property increases .
Mehdi.Habib

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 04:39:03 PM

Bitcoin is both an asset and a currency. Let's explain:

Bitcoin is an asset: Bitcoin is an asset because one can easily stored and that is secured and cheap. In fact, cold wallets make Bitcoin storage relatively hassle-free. As a store of value, Bitcoin is simple and secure that other real asset.

Bitcoin is a currency: Bitcoin is a digital currency. Bitcoin is also used for payment to others. One simple solution is a Bitcoin ATM machine, often called a BTM. Many BTMs do exist, but deployment is slow due to the cost of producing, placing and marketing the machines. The Kuna cryptocurrency exchange recently promised to install 150 new BTMs in the country of Ukraine.
yeamin.rsl

Activity: 700

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 06:59:38 PM

The definition of bitcoin includes both asset and currency. But it is better when currency because of its transaction . As there is no middle man and also there is no transaction fees  Smiley
MOTHIT

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 07:07:34 PM

For me Bitcoin is both asset and currency. If I hold for a particular time bitcoin will give me a very bi.g return to as so bitcoin is consider as asset by me. If I use for my daily financial need it is consider as currency only what ever I earn will be spend for my financial requirement is consider as currency only

DamCryp

Activity: 179

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 07:52:45 PM

I say it's both, a more ample adoption than other Cryptos allows it to be more of a currency than other Cryptos, still ROI since inception has as we all know incentivized  people to Hodl and accumulate, use it as an asset to be invested in and store of value, i think stories tlike the million dollar pizza (using a big amount of BTC to buy something as mundane as a pizza, which later would have been millions of bucks) oe cases like overstock's (where hodling resulted in great gains) generate that "fear" of spending it to pay for stuff or letting go of positions.
mega

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 10:28:50 PM

According to my opinion Bitcoin is an asset as we all know assets have two types like Physical assets and liquid assets,Physical assets includes:Building,land,furniture and fixtures etc.other hand liquid asset includes:Cash,Account receivable etc,liquid assets mean easily convertible in the cash so i place the Bitcoin in liquid asset because bitcoin also easily immediate convertible in the cash.

Got my account back! It was hacked. Sorry about it :|
Netto

Activity: 466
Merit: 375

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 10:51:07 PM

I think bitcoin is an asset,because the value of bitcoin keeps increasing.If you hold bitcoin for long time you can have more profit while you sell it.
I strongly argue with you, I was also still doubt with bitcoin but in mid-2017 bitcoin prices rise, here I conclude that one day bitcoin prices will be higher
sharlene

Activity: 8

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 10:52:09 PM

For me it is a currency because im in need money.. but if my life was stable and no problem with money i wil use bitcoin as an asset.
XCANA

Activity: 1456
Merit: 148

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 10:58:30 PM

I hear from many sources that btc is used for trading much more than it is for goods and services; doesn't that make it an asset ??
and is that necessarily a bad thing ?? and what can we do about it as a community ??
Bitcoin serve as an assets and as a currency at the same time. It serve as assets because its value appreciate over time and yield good return for those who bought them when its market value was lower as copcompared to what it is now. And it serve as a currency because one can use it to purchase an items.

Beparanf

Activity: 2758
Merit: 761

Burpaaa

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 11:02:59 PM

I hear from many sources that btc is used for trading much more than it is for goods and services; doesn't that make it an asset ??
and is that necessarily a bad thing ?? and what can we do about it as a community ??
Bitcoin serve as an assets and as a currency at the same time. It serve as assets because its value appreciate over time and yield good return for those who bought them when its market value was lower as copcompared to what it is now. And it serve as a currency because one can use it to purchase an items.

Yep, it is a multi purpose,it us indeed beneficial for everyone, it is an asset since it's good for long term investment and same with as a currency for online transactions.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Gunpaycity

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 11:10:36 PM

if in my opinion bitcoin is an asset because it can be traded and stored can also be a very profitable investment

●● Phoenex Global ●●
◆ Taking Cryptocurrency Exchange to a New Height ◆
Telegram  ◣Facebook  ◣Twitter  ◣Reddit
kafiddrhman

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 11:14:42 PM

bitcoin is a multi-function not only limited to currencies but now bitcoin has become an asset or commodity more valuable than gold and is excellent for long-term investment or for trade, bitcoin growth continues to increase over time I believe that bitcoin will be in use by everyone in the world is for a variety of financial transactions.
cryptokitty

Activity: 420

Global Blockchain Solution For Transportation

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 11:21:46 PM

Although bitcoin is created as a digital currency but because of the functionality and specialty of this bitcoin can certainly turn it into the most valuable commodity so almost everyone in the world is working hard to be able to get bitcoin with their various efforts. certainly a way that doesn't harm others.

I'm one of those person who's been working so much to achieve more BTC because i find it so much valuable.

I find btc as asset because it has a certain value and a currency that can be used for payment.
xiboothrezi

Activity: 1246
Merit: 285

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2017, 11:24:26 PM

for me, bitcoin is an asset and a currency. Why is that? first, because bitcoin has a value that continues to grow from year to year. although it is only stored, without any action, its value will increase when it is sold when the rate goes up.
second, bitcoin can be a digital currency that provides a viable non-cash payment processing solution anywhere for bitcoin users. universal.

▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄               ▄▄▀█
    ▄█        ▀▄         ▄▄▀▀   █
  ▄▀ ▐▌         █    ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄█
▄▀▀▀ █           █▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀  █
▀▀▄█▌▌       ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄▀
   ▀▄█    ▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀
     █   █                      ▄▄▄
      █ ▐▌            ▄▄       █   █▄
       █▀█         ▄▀▀ █        ▀▄ ▀██
       █  ▀▄     ▄▀   ▄ █         █
       █  ▄ ▀▄  █    █   ▀▀▀▄   █▀▀
      █  ▄▀  ▐▌█      █  ▄▀  █ ▐▌
  ▄███▄▄▀  ▄██▄█  ▄███▄▄▀  ▄█▄▄▄█
TFSM o v e   Y o u r   G a m e
T o   T h e   N e x t   L e v e l
|||████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
JOIN NOW
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
Alphagog

Activity: 316

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 06:39:23 AM

For me bitcoin is both as an asset and also an currency but now the price of bitcoins is increasing very rapidly it is the advantage that it can be used as both.
Bitcoin is more an asset because you can make riches by investing in it wisely .It's worth is increasing rapidly and soon it will be accepted by most countries  and as the asset's worth increases by time so is  with bitcoin . We can secure our future by investing it and use the profit in making property.
nuruljadidku

Activity: 91

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 08:38:04 AM

Its assets n can also be regarded as currency
I agree with you. it can be both asset and currency. when you don't really need to use it, you can invest it so it calls asset. however, when we need it to fulfill daily needs, so it calls currency.
KingOfWinterfell01

Activity: 504

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 09:03:58 AM

Ideally, it's both. It's both a currency and an asset because it has purchasing power. You can buy lots of things in the internet with the use bitcoins since many of the websites (microsoft and possibly amazon) today allow you to do such. Since an asset generates income for you, investors of bitcoin consider bitcoins as assets as well because they constantly trade it.

S A KHAIR

Activity: 952
Merit: 108

1xBit recovered their reputation

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 12:59:31 PM

Yes, the potential its showing now a days, bitcoin can be called as a asset. Just have a look at the worth its got, almost 6000$!! which will be increasing in the coming days for sure. So, it can be considered as a asset rather than a currency.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: