Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 02:58:33 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is an asset or currency.  (Read 8514 times)
baydewant96

Activity: 141
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 03:25:43 AM

I think Bitcoin still functions as a currency and asset. In the early days of bitcoi, it was deliberately created to be used as a digital currency, while still few people use it to transact over time because of its increasing value so many people end up using bitcoin, and here they consider it an opportunity to gain profit, so bitcoin considered also as an investment asset. In fact, many people who really need money for their daily needs, will use bitcoin as a currency for embellishment of goods or services in accordance with their needs and needs. Not a few people who use bitcoin as their investment asset, without using it to buy barag, because they know bitcoin prices are rising every day can make their profits increase

Dapper

Activity: 560
Merit: 260

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 03:28:42 AM

It's an asset on the way up, and a liability on the way down.   

Cheesy

sent from my X6
cokkapaga
Legendary

Activity: 867
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 03:28:56 AM

I choose bitcoin is an asset and bitcoin will be good for an asset like gold, diamond, etc
because in my country bitcoin is allowed as an asset not for the currency or the payment.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄███████████▀▀███████████▄
▄███████████▀    ▀███████████▄
███████████▀        ▀█    ██████
██████████▀                ███████
█████████▀      ▄██▄        ████████
▄███████▀      ▄█▀  ▀█▄      ▀███████▄
██████▀      ▄█▀      ▀█▄      ▀██████
█████▄     ▄█▀    ▄ ▄   ▀█▄     ▄█████
███████▄ ▄█▀    ██████    ▀█▄ ▄███████
█████████▀       █   ██     ▀█████████
▀████████        █████       ████████▀
████████        █   ██      ████████
███████       ██████       ███████
██████         ▀ ▀        ██████
▀████                    ████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

Alt.Estate

█████
█████
█████

█████
█████
█████

█████
█████
█████

█████
█████
█████

█████
█████
█████

█████
█████
█████

█████
█████
█████

█████
█████
█████

█████
█████
█████

█████
█████
█████

█████
█████
█████

█████
█████
█████
  TELEGRAM
MEDIUM
TWITTER
FACEBOOK
yourialfa

Activity: 339
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 03:35:05 AM

I hear from many sources that btc is used for trading much more than it is for goods and services; doesn't that make it an asset ??
and is that necessarily a bad thing ?? and what can we do about it as a community ??

I think bitcoin is both. Sometimes he can be a currency or an asset. Depending on the individual see what it looks like. I myself see bitcoin like an asset. Assets that we have and can be invested or traded. Actually this is not a problem. While we use bitcoin intelligently and able to make it a good thing.
wolf one

Activity: 133
Merit: 22

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 03:35:11 AM

Bitcoin is considered as an asset of other people because of its value that keeps on increasing as the time flies. Paper money can be used for transactions, but bitcoin is also can be used and it is more convenient to use, but as of now, the fee using crypto currencies is very expensive but it won't take much of your time. Therefore, bitcoin is an asset and currency for us.

I do not think bitcoin is an asset. It's virtual. It does not exist. Many people use it as a speculator, a tool for making money. Bitcoin's price fluctuates over time and is unstable, many countries do not recognize bitcoin, so bitcoin is not strictly an asset.
Ms.sagittarian

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 03:39:21 AM

Bitcoin is considered as an asset but it is also a currency which is digital.We are already in this digital world that needs also a digital currency.
Mazda17

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 04:02:36 AM

it is an asset because by owning a portion of it allows us to acces on different transactions through its application like playing bills, tradings etc.
I think both. I'ts an asset to invest becaouse of the growing price is increasing day by day. but both of them are similar and important to us as a human being.
A good opinion and I like your opinion.
If both are a valuable asset then keep you feeling a great blessing again someday.
gundala

Activity: 896
Merit: 108

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 04:55:35 AM

that's right, I think most people think bitcoin is as an asset because the value is increasing from year to year. But if as currency, sometimes we are still limited to using bitcoin as payment, because there are still many pros and cons in each country about legitimate bitcoin can be used as payment. I myself still rarely use bitcoin as a currency or to pay for something, because in my country bitcoin is a currency that is forbidden for transactions.
Moreover, the transaction fee is too high if used as a means of payment. So, some people prefer to use bitcoin as an investment tool. The price is fluctuating, but it will not disappoint for those who can hold it longer.

Md Saad

Activity: 584
Merit: 256

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 05:04:11 AM

For me Both, Though Bitcoin is using a payment method so that Bitcoin should be called as a currency. on the other hand, Bitcoin is the safest investment for the future purpose so that Bitcoin is a valuable asset for me. I think Bitcoin should be considered as an asset that will bring a lot of profit in the future.
mostkey

Activity: 742
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 05:48:46 AM

I think we just have to follow what can be profitable for us whether it's a trade or something. but I think now we only need to use btc as an asset because the price is cheap. and then we just need to sell it in the future for a high price
Odik_sidik_04

Activity: 85

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 07:26:46 AM

bitcoin can be said to be an asset if it can invest and keep it with a long period of time while waiting for the dollar price rise or currency if in the future can be replaced as atm.
teoco161

Activity: 93

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 07:29:05 AM

Bitcoin is an asset and currency, for some country where bitcoin is legal and they have local shops accepting bitcoin can use it like local fiat currency to buy goods and services. Where their is no shop support their the users convert it to fiat currency and use it. But more commonly we use bitcoin as currency, we can use bitcoin for shopping in most big shopping center, in fact they accept bitcoin as currency for shopping. therefore i will like to say that bitcoin is more as currency and in future it will even be use as fiat in local shops also depending on the increasing number of bitcoin users.
Maxson

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 07:29:37 AM

Well. It is an asset, when invest and kept  for period and becomes a currency when trader with at the moment.
teoco162

Activity: 84

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 07:31:09 AM

It stars as an asset and in the future I think it will become a currency.Bitcoin can be used, as a virtual currency, traded, or stored as an asset or a form of digital commodity by the people.I guess this is not a bad thing, because in this way some speculative action takes place, this also affects the rise and fall of bitcoin prices.
jacob161

Activity: 83

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 07:34:06 AM

It is both asset and currency like the other said but you cant' just use bitcoin for everyday usage frequently as the price goes up and down, it is not advisable to use it as a common currency like USD and other fiat ones, It is great to use it as an asset and investment as the btc continues to grow everyday.Bitcoin can also be regarded as an asset because the price and selling value increase every year.Many unbanked and jobless people or super rich whales will no longer need to rely on fiat for anything and they will sue Bitcoin debit cards to do their shopping and special wallets to save their coins.
50ouncebrew

Activity: 459
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 07:35:36 AM

Bitcoin is a currency because it can be used for transactions.

▄▄▄ ▐████▄▄▄▄           
       ▄▄███▀▀ ▐██▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄       
     ▄██▀▀ ▄▄▄████  ██▄▄ ▀▀██▄     
   ▄██▀ ▄███▀▀▀      ▀▀███▄ ▀██▄   
  ██▌ ▄██▀  ▄▄███████▄▄  ▀██▄ ▀██ 
 ██▌ ▄██  ▄██████▌ ▀████▄  ██▄ ▐██
▐██ ▐██  ████▀ ██▌   ▀ ▀██ ██▌ ██▌
██▌ ██▌ ▐█▌    ██▌      ▐█▌ ▐██ ▐██
██▌ ██▌ ▐█▌    ██▌  █▄█ ▐█▌ ▐██ ▐██
▐██ ▐█▀  ██▄   ██▌  ███▄██  ██▌ ██▌
 ██▌  ▄▄  ▀██▄ ██▌  ████▀  ████▄   
  ███████▄  ▀▀███████▀▀  ▄▄▄ ▀███ 
   ▀▀ ▄ ▀███▄▄▄     ▄▄▄███▀ ▄███▀ 
     ▀██▄▄ ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀ ▄▄███▀   
       ▀▀████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄████▀▀       
           ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
  M A E S T R O         
REVOLUTIONIZING THE DIGITAL MUSIC WORLD

██
   ██    ██
   ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██

██
   ██    ██
   ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██

WHITEPAPER (KO)        WHITEPAPER (EN)     

TELEGRAM    FACEBOOK     TWITTER    ANN THREAD

MEDIUM   YOUTUBE   GITHUB   INSTAGRAM   KAKAOTALK
sajjad100

Activity: 101
Merit: 1

Coin Hunter

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 07:35:40 AM

Bitcoin is both assets and also currency. Bitcoin works as both. Bitcoin is very successful as an asset because of its very liquid price movement. Besides, it is also successful as currency because of its popularity and easy transaction quality. For some online transaction (like buying any apps, softs, VPN etc) BTC is the best currency. But it actually depends on people, how people choose to use bitcoin.

★ HELIOS PROTOCOL ★ ✅[DAG]✅[BLOCKCHAIN]
✅[PoS]✅[Masternodes]✈✈✈[weekly Airdrop]✈✈✈
danie161

Activity: 82

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 07:35:59 AM

I agree with you, but I think Bitcoin is not just a property but it's a very valuable asset in the future,Because i can use Bitcoin almost every country and i can exchange it to other currencies and i can buy Bitcoin with other currencies too , because of Bitcoin is currency for me.Behaving an asset is not a bad thing but it might hinder Bitcoin from going mainstream. We cannot fully eliminate the nature of Being an asset in Bitcoin but we can reduce that by using it like fiat and do not hold.
thomas1980

Activity: 44

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 07:40:53 AM

Bitcoin is both and you don't need to try hard to determine which is the suited term for bitcoin because you can use bitcoin as an asset by putting some investment by your own money in the cryptocurrency market and hold them for a little bit long and wait for the price to go up and make some money because of that.As a community we need to educate people about the benefits they may have by adopting and accepting bitcoins. That's the only way to add more people to bitcoin ecosystem and make it more popular and thus making it successful in serving both as currency and asset in equal proportions.
Oscar1979

Activity: 92

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 07:42:21 AM

Well, I think it will depend how you use it. As of now you simply say that bitcoin is a currency because you exchange it in valuable things. In addition to that, you can also use it as asset but I prefer to use it as investment.For years people have been debating on what Bitcoin should be classified as, but the main point of importance is indeed how you use it, so from there it doesn't really make sense to put Bitcoin into this or that category.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: