Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 01:57:44 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is an asset or currency.  (Read 8514 times)
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 04:21:58 PM

BTC is an assert or curency depends on people who have the way to use BTC.
If someone have a amout BTC but the dont exchange to money and hold it, it is an asset.But some one use BTC to exchange to the currency as: USD or EUR, it is the curruncy, very simple.

Is gold an asset or a currency? If you ask me, gold is an asset even tho, probably, there are a few people around the world that use it as a form of currency. That would go the same for bitcoin. There are people that are using it as a currency but there's a huge majority that buy bitcoins or acquire them and just hold them then selling them for fiat and repeating the process again. I don't know but that sure looks like an asset more than a currency.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
Ezmael Wright

Activity: 191
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 04:26:53 PM

I hear from many sources that btc is used for trading much more than it is for goods and services; doesn't that make it an asset ??
and is that necessarily a bad thing ?? and what can we do about it as a community ??

I think the same are assets and currencies. Assets because the value of bitcoins is rising and can also be Currencies because we use it to pay for online shops
The Alchemlst

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

BITDEPOSITARY - Make ICO's , More Secure

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2017, 04:39:28 PM

I hear from many sources that btc is used for trading much more than it is for goods and services; doesn't that make it an asset ??
and is that necessarily a bad thing ?? and what can we do about it as a community ??

It is made to be a currency but right now bitcoin is appearing to be more of an asset than a currency since it is yet to reach its cap and its demand is still rising which makes it a good asset. Since most of the people hold investors its purpose as a currency is yet to be seen as long as its number is very limited.

zais

Activity: 196
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 04:41:55 PM

good question. if the bitcoin is said to be a currency of course can only be
made in the means of payment alone there is no advantage that can be in .. more precisely the bitcoin assets that can be in the lag and traded where the profit depends on the price of the asset itself
mardaed

Activity: 994
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 04:59:55 PM

Bitcoin is strongly an asset because of its deserving value of gaining profits hugely in short term. Even every small investment in bitcoin is considered as an asset. We can even say it as currency, as we deal with transactions of purchasing and selling bitcoin, also we have the feasibility to convert our bitcoin into fiat cash to deal with day to day requirements. So finally we can conclude bitcoin is a currency which we use as asset.
Bitmora

Activity: 179
Merit: 14

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 05:04:00 PM

It's a digital asset. That's what the legal side of it points to, hence why many exchanges no longer can say "cryptocurrency exchange", they are switching to "digital asset exchange".
boboking

Activity: 224
Merit: 19

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 05:10:11 PM

Even though Bitcoin is known as a currency I think most people specially who invested on it is treating Bitcoin as an asset. People will hold Bitcoin until they are happy with their profit.
redfin31

Activity: 700
Merit: 275

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 05:22:51 PM

for me bitcoin is currency but we can use it on investment, i using bitcoin as currency so far. even some people use bitcoin for trade it is not bad i think.

MuRrCoin

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 05:24:53 PM

When a friend gave me BTC to pay-back a BigMac I bring him (Jan 2016) they were just a currency to me; after 2 years I've held it I consider them as an asset for sure!
Naoko

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 06:56:22 PM

bitcoin really plays both that and other role...some people trade it, part of them is paid at purchase and sale
pieppiep

Activity: 1596
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 07:14:01 PM

Bitcoin was currency to me in the past and I was spending it like any other currency but now as price has started to increase it has become an asset for me and now I treat it as a pure form of investment so now I am not spending my bitcoins anywhere but saving it for a long term so that I can sell it when price is satisfactory and get best returns on my investments.
kesmex

Activity: 1110
Merit: 104

The OGz Club

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 07:23:55 PM

bitcoin is the most valuable asset I think, because its value every time always increases. this is the special bitcoin. I kept it and kept holding it until the time I was redeemed with local money.

The OGz Club     [ [ [ [ [   The 1st & Only #MemeFi Project   ] ] ] ] ]
Website     ◢ Reddit     ◢ Telegram     ◢ Twitter     ◢ TikTok     ◢ Facebook
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ►► Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Dreamr

Activity: 263
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 07:24:10 PM

Bitcoin was invented as a digital currency but now people are also using bitcoin as an asset because they see the potential and profit to make in bitcoin as it value grow over time.
Ahiaba

Activity: 447
Merit: 108

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 07:56:48 PM

Bitcoin is an assets and at the same time as a currency because of the following reasons. Bitcoin is a currency because one can use it to pay for services or use it to purchase an items or products and also Bitcoin equally serve as an assets for reason been that its value appreciate significantly over time like all other traditional assets do in most cases. So, believe that Bitcoin is an assets and at the same time is a currency.
ronics

Activity: 350

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 07:10:00 AM

Smiley  Bitcoin is not an asset... It is a trading and good services.. And is a big company that generates a currency for people who are working hard in bitcoin but it does give a virtual exchange method where you're a country to exchange our coins wallet ,to coins pH.bitcoin is a company online job effort and you wantbto be a lot of our life and thrive because bitcoin is the one that develops all of us .bitcoin does not just have the money that it has with investment yet at the same time and you can joi. Any time or anyone van invest in bitcoin currency ...
Javanewstar

Activity: 224

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 07:51:14 AM

I think bitcoin should be regarded as an asset, but can not call him a currency, at least not now, after all, the transfer fee is too high, the block congestion, which determines the two bitcoin can not become a currency.

lorylore
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 07:53:01 AM

Bitcoin is now being viewed as a holder of value which means that it is a currency. That is why bitcoin has its own unqiue position when thousand of icos are popping out everywhere.
Phoenixpple

Activity: 153

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 08:02:02 AM

Yes, bitcoin is assets. It can now trade with many commodities and trade with mainstream currencies. But it's a pity that there are fewer projects that combine encrypted money with services, but I don't think it will take long. Many services will work with encrypted currencies, and RIPP and ETH are already doing it
CuriousGeorge

Activity: 1498
Merit: 251

KUWA.ai

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 08:26:30 AM

Bitcoin was invented as a digital currency but now people are also using bitcoin as an asset because they see the potential and profit to make in bitcoin as it value grow over time.
Despite the fact that it's ture so many people consider bitcoin as digital currency and asset at the same time, the government around the world don't really recognize bitcoin and any other cryptocurrencies
as a currency that can be used legally. They prefer to consider cryptocurrency as digital asset or property rather than a currency which is quite the opposite of satoshi's main idea of creating bitcoin at the first place.

|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
expless

Activity: 200
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 11:07:33 AM

Is bitcoin an assets or currency?? Ok just for me, will when we say assets is something that you owned or should we say property and currency or should we say money...

But both of them are similar and important to us as a human being, for me its the same because they are one of the role of our life.
Bitcoin isn't only an asset yet in addition utilized as currency. As we purchased different items on the web and make payments through bitcoin yet as of now couple of sites permit to make payments with bitcoin. Although bitcoin winding up increasingly mainstream so in future bitcoin is more favored as currency. So it’s the investor’s choice to use it in the either way as currency or asset it is beneficial in both these states.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: