Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:17:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is an asset or currency.  (Read 8511 times)
anne.montes

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 11:04:14 AM

I hear from many sources that btc is used for trading much more than it is for goods and services; doesn't that make it an asset ??
and is that necessarily a bad thing ?? and what can we do about it as a community ??
Bitcoin can be both a currency and an asset. Bitcoin is a digital currency. And investing in bitcoin can be said as an asset.
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
grabpopcorn536

Activity: 476
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 11:21:47 AM

I hear from many sources that btc is used for trading much more than it is for goods and services; doesn't that make it an asset ??
and is that necessarily a bad thing ?? and what can we do about it as a community ??
Yes, it can be said that Bitcoin is a currency but on the other hand it is also a property of its owners because Bitcoin is now called coin but it is less popular for trading, so it can be considered as an asset

crypto-trader2017

Activity: 34

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 11:22:48 AM

Undoubtedly, bitcoin is an asset.
Perhaps in a couple of years it will become a currency
bmirror83

Activity: 100

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 11:42:20 AM

Absolutely it is an asset. If you can't trade it is a currency. It has high transaction fees.
denzkilim

Activity: 1218
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 11:48:29 AM

I think bitcoin is often used as an asset for the future because it is better to make bitcoin as our investment and assets with the opportunity to become more profitable

You're right bitcoin is an asset but a lot of people known it as a currency but any of them are correct. Bitcoin can be used as an asset for investment for the future and it can also be used as a currency to buy stuffs or trade it to flat.
Napole0n

Activity: 579
Merit: 309

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 11:57:40 AM

I think bitcoin can work for both, as we know that bitcoin values always go up so it can be said as an asset, while we say currency because it can be used for trading, online payment and so on.
Krispin47

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 12:04:01 PM

for me bitcoin is both bitcoin is asset also a currency because you are the owner of the account and also a currency because it is cash, money, our daily needs and also needs of the people around the world it is asset because you are the owner, you are the one who handle your business
boyshx

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 12:23:12 PM

Bitcoin is both, an asset as well as a currency. It depends how you expect from bitcoin. Bitcoin is the first digital cryptocurrency introduced to the world. It peer to peer exchange system and decentralised nature give complete freedom to its user. It’s less transaction charges as well as less transaction time helps common person a lot. In currency world bitcoin is more popular as an asset or tool of investment rather than a currency. Bitcoin`s constant growing price has proven this from last two or more years. It has given its investors returns they have never expected.
JehanleMauvais

Activity: 17

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 12:24:07 PM

for me Bitcoin is a non-currency asset because we can not just wipe out Dollar, Pound Sterling, Euro etc already in a country,

and we are currently looking for Bitcoin to exchange currency in our respective country through an exchange site
woshiniubia

Activity: 37

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 12:29:35 PM

I think there are two properties of bitcoin, because bitcoin can sometimes be used as a currency, and it's a currency, and when you use it as an investment, it's an asset.
Karakyli

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 10:32:56 PM

Bitcoin is not an asset at all, but a currency. Accordingly, you can not determine the value of the latter or invest in it, you can only determine the price of the currency and trade it.
Common to assets is that their cash flows can be assessed.
 The currency is a means of exchange, and is also used to estimate cash flows. By themselves, currencies do not generate cash flows and, therefore, their intrinsic value can not be determined. On the other hand, their prices can be compared with other currencies.
The price is determined by the ratio of supply and demand; this ratio can largely depend on the prevailing moods and trends prevailing in the market.
Bitcoin is a global digital currency.
Considering that the algorithm incorporated in it limits its emission, its high price will become fully justified.
jsscswan

Activity: 266

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 10:51:20 PM

First I know about bitcoin which I think bitcoin is a currency that can be used as a transaction tool without state restrictions, but with time I changed my mind that for this year trend bitcoin tends to be used as an asset and not a currency. This is not bad because at this time bitcoin can be used as 2 functions ie currency and assets.

_____________________A I T H E O N_____________________       [   JOIN THE WHITELIST   ]
The digital ecosystem simplifying your world through A.I., robotic, and human symbiosis
██ ███     WHITEPAPER     |     TELEGRAM     |     TWITTER     |     INSTAGRAM     ███ ██
deportivo

Activity: 17

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 11:09:54 PM

Even though we have so many altcoins now with functions like smart contracts, BTC is still consider one of the best cryptocurrency to have because of the global recognition and it able to tank the price well.
coinSpecter32

Activity: 72

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 06:56:25 AM

Bitcoin is now the new gold. Just like the stock market gold is the most important asset to have. I wonder when this event will change, the reason why bitcoin is not considered as currency anymore.
BITDV
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 04:09:38 PM

Bitcoin is very good currency because many have accepted bitcoin as a payment tool. And bitcoin can be an asset in the trade because its selling price is increasing so quick and unstable.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
taiwww

Activity: 588
Merit: 257

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 04:18:32 PM

Bitcoin is both, asset as well as currency. It depends on us how we use it. Bitcoin was introduced by its introducer as a currency, to reduce problems faced by common people in their day to day trades. Its purpose was to eliminate middlemen from trades and to reduce various charges charged by banks performing a transaction. But later on its use as an asset get populated. Due to continuous demand and limited supply pushed bitcoin prices too high. Due to these prices more and more investors get attracted towards it. As a result it become the most popular and highest returns giving investment in a very short span of time.
SangkuniBird

Activity: 108

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 04:25:35 PM

In my opinion, bitoin is an asset that is somewhat similar to currency. If you preserve it for the next log period you will be very lucky. Actually the price behind the bitcoin will be collective then your next profit will be saved. The profit depends on the bitcoin price that goes and goes down.
amitkumratra

Activity: 672
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 04:27:45 PM

It is depend upon the persons thinking, that how person used Bitcoin. If the person used Bitcoin for daily trading or to buy food, daily need items, then it will be a Currency. But on the other hand if someone takes a Bitcoin for long term investment to make good profit, like real estate investments. Then it will be an asset. For me Bitcoin is Currency as well as Asset also.
dragoz11

Activity: 420
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 04:30:05 PM

It is for sure an asset right now such as gold, but it is not a bad thing because so many other coins have the potential to become fiat like dollars while making btc a reserve asset for  them.
zakero

Activity: 364
Merit: 6

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 04:34:19 PM

I think it is an asset because it needs to be used like a currency to be a currency. For example it needs to be used for goods and services in our everyday lives and I hope in the near future when more businesses adopt this medium of exchange then we can call it a currency.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: